Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭gixerfixer

I'd hope we put out our weakest possible team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mr Alan wrote: »
    tell me about it Mike, turned 24 yesterday and i think i am going soft in the head already, can only imagine wat you're like at this stage ;)

grampa09.gif

:(

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Not sure if Pennant is going to get a run out. I think he's just going to be sitting on the sidelines until he figures out its time to accept an offer that is received for him.

I'd like to see him doing well at Liverpool, if he got his act together and showed some form having him on the right would be a huge advantage.

I think Pennant can walk away for free in the summer is a year extension isnt activated by the number of first team games played this year. Pacheo will probably get some game time. I think it would be an ideal opportunity for Nemeth and N'Gog to get a run out but also an opportunity for Keane to get off the mark for Liverpool. I'd assume Reina, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard, Torres will be rested for the upcoming Merseyside derby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

is our Crewe game on the box?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not that i can see, looks like Sky are covering Swansea v Cardiff.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Nope, unfortunately not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

It's on LFC.TV after midnight I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

There's nothing up on http://liveonsat.com/today.php but LFC TV are covering it.

Don't think the Utd game is even on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Well a game Between Cardiff and Swansea is always going to be bigger then Liverpool Res V Crewe or Man Utd Res v Middlesbrough Res

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Some interesting Alonso stats.

This seasons passing accuracy

Passers Team Passes Accuracy
    Denilson Arsenal 350 84%
    Xabi Alonso Liverpool 345 83%
    Lampard Chelsea 344 83%
    Deco Chelsea 317 83%
    Butt Newcastle 305 82%

In regards to the midfield pairing of Alonso and Mascherano. They have started 11 league games as midfield partners, we have won 7, drawn 4 and lost 1 (the game against United in which Mascherano was sent off).

http://www.justin.tv/tpmlive

The full Reds line-up is: Cavalieri, Insua, Hyypia (c), Agger, Degen, El Zahar, Plessis, Lucas, Pennant, Ngog, Babel

Subs: Gulacsi, Dossena, Keane, Torres, Alonso, Carragher, Skrtel

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,714 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Not a bad line up. Wouldve stuck Keane in for Ngog just to get a goal but otherwise its not a million miles from what was expected for a "B" team game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Anyone got a link for the match? Mikes one doesn't seem to be working for me.....oh and N'Gog has scored. 1-0 to Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

mike65 wrote: »

That's not working for me, anyone have another link? I was expecting this to be on the liverpool tv channel....

There is no working link :( Even the local radio link is blocked via the interweb.

I have no indication that Liverpool have scored.

Edit - Agger has scored! Free kick

Mike

• Advertisement

Skysports News say it was agger that scored with a cracker....

Sorry guys, my info was wrong on N'Gog....i was working off info on JustinTV:rolleyes:

Working radio link :) Its Crewe bias coverage on radio Stoke

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/stoke.shtml

Mike

**** **** **** **** :mad:

Corner - goal - crapola

Mike

• Advertisement

1-1

1-1 michael O'Connor from a corner....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

emc2 wrote: »
    1-1 michael O'Connor from a corner....

Argh lol

Agh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nearly another from another corner.

Mike

Working radio link :) Its Crewe bias coverage on radio Stoke

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/stoke.shtml

Mike

Better biased radio coverage:)

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N161426080923-2020.htm

You'll have to be an e-season ticket holder

2-1 Lucas

Goal for Lucas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Lucas for the second phew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Torres coming on :confused: why?

Stekelly wrote: »

He needs a goal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

emc2 wrote: »
    He needs a goal!

I would argue Keane needs one more.

I would argue Keane needs one more.
    Here comes Keane now:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Torres has been worse than Keane to be honest. He looks extremely unfit and his touch has been appalling in every match he has played this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Degen going off injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Torres has been worse than Keane to be honest. He looks extremely unfit and his touch has been appalling in every match he has played this season.

:eek:
    Lets hope Mr Alan doesnt see this, but i'd agree!!

rosboy wrote: »
    Here comes Keane now:)

Back on the bench, Carra on instead :)

zing wrote: »
    Degen going off injured

:( Just when he was getting close to being part of the 1st team squad again....did it sound serious?
    Cant see Keane coming on now looks like we will have to wait for the derby for him to score his first goal :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Jayz, sounds like we're hanging in there...... Doesn't sound like a good performance at all

Keane on for last 3 minutes, el zhar off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Sounds like another typical performance this season, winning by goal, yet playing poorly. Look at Arsenal tonight, 6-0 with kids. We still have a lot of catching up to do

We are a million miles away. Question is - why?

Mike

From the ticker I was reading it sounded like we where under a lot of pressure just before full time.....ah well a win is a win ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

zing wrote: »
    Degen going off injured

Blah. Was injured for the whole of last season. Played one pre-season friendly and got injured for a month. Then gets injured again on his first game back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Has broken two ribs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

is degen ur new harry??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Bad news that, not nice to see lads get injured.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

broken ribs isn't exactly a niggly injury - it's a bit more on the side of impact definately a bit early to be calling him the new harry yadda yadda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

mayordenis wrote: »
    broken ribs isn't exactly a niggly injury - it's a bit more on the side of impact definately a bit early to be calling him the new harry yadda yadda

While I agree that two broken ribs isnt a niggly injury, there didnt seem to be much in the tackle. Most disappointing - was hoping Degen v Arbeloa would cause both to raise their game. Arbeloa has been solid but I do feel it wouldnt hurt to have him under pressure.

Mike

That is the big question - perhaps it's the case that Wenger's Arsenal have been doing this slightly longer? Utd didnt exactly crush Boro, but will be very interesting to see how Chelsea's B team do when they play.

The big positive - Agger back and with a goal :):) Sktrel and Carra must know they are only one below good game away from being on the bench - moreso Skrtel but good to see Agger in such fine form

Probably a positive that in spite of not playing well we won.

Negative -Torres and Keane (okay tonight doesnt count) don't see to be in form - However it surely is only a matter of time before things kick off.

Pennant - I was wondering how he would react to his demotion from the first-team squad - seems like he was probably one of Liverpool's best performers. I was getting concerned that Kuyt was unshakeable from the right of midfield but it has to be a positive that Pennant is doing what he can to offer competition. Was pissed that he didnt agree a deal during the summer but I would be willing to give him a chance as a sub for Kuyt as it might improve the price we get for him in January.

Also I wonder if the fact that Babel played is a sign that Riera is first choice on the left? - might only be slight evidence but there werent any other first-teamers in the starting eleven. I would expect the gap between Riera and Babel to be narrow but from this I would be expecting Riera to start the next day.

Also Gulacsi on the bench must have been a nasty kick in the teeth to Itandje - he has to be odds on to move in January. If anyone is filling the Harry Kewell getting paid for doing nothing role in the squad has to be Charlie. At least Harry had the excuse of being fatunfit.

In a sense was a rather stronger team plus subs than I'd imagined in that Torres, Keane, Carra, Alonso, Dossena, Babel, Skrtel were all in there - I would presume that as we progress more of the youngsters would be named - unless Rafa is determined to make sure we win some silverware this season.
    At the end of the day the result was the major plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

i was training last night so i just go the result, what was the starting eleven??, ive been reading on pesfan and they say liverpool had a shocker.

Nice to see Agger get on the score sheet though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

flanzer wrote: »
    Look at Arsenal tonight, 6-0 with kids. We still have a lot of catching up to do

Mike

I dont think we have any catching up to do with Arsenal tbh. its the other two.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement