Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Boggles wrote: »
    What's the United match got to do with this? :D:D

Just cause Tevez was playing you have to bring up the f word!
    It's not his fault he looks like that!!!!!!!

:P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

What's the United match got to do with this? :D:D

Well you are right, it was odd to see them overcome Middlesborough...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,747 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Just cause Tevez was playing you have to bring up the f word!
    It's not his fault he looks like that!!!!!!!

:P

Hahaha

Reminds me of a post ages ago in one of the threads, saying that Berbatov could be the missing link in Uniteds attack, someone said "Tevez is definately the missing link, look at the monkey head on him".

Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Hahaha

Reminds me of a post ages ago in one of the threads, saying that Berbatov could be the missing link in Uniteds attack, someone said "Tevez is definately the missing link, look at the monkey head on him".

Brilliant.

15105262.jpg

neand.jpg

Definately see the resembelance!:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The Herald redefines the geography of England

Keane's €3m home in Manchester

By Cormac Murphy

Wednesday September 24 2008

NEW Liverpool striker Robbie Keane has bought himself a new house, but not in the notoriously rundown Merseyside city -- it's in Manchester instead.

The Ireland captain's purchase of a €3m home has come far quicker than his first goal for his new club following his latest blank against Crewe Alexandra last night.

Instead of moving to the more downmarket Merseyside, Robbie has opted for the far more leafy location of Cheshire, Greater Manchester.

Popular

The Ireland captain and his new wife Claudine Palmer (25) have splashed out €3m on a mansion in an area popular with wealthy footballers.

Robbie (28) made the move because he and Claudine couldn't find a suitable home in Liverpool, it has been reported today.

Keane, who has yet to score since his record €23m signing from Tottenham, was eager to move to the area where Ireland and Manchester City defender Richard Dunne already lives.

The new Liverpool striker is known to be good friends with Dunne.

It is believed the recent robbery of Claudine's watch and jewellery from their rented penthouse in Liverpool was not a reason for the move.

The couple are thought to regard the break-in as a minor incident.

Cheshire has become increasingly popular with footballers over the past 10 years.

David Beckham and his wife Victoria started the craze and they were followed by Manchester United stars Cristiano Ronaldo, Wes Brown, Michael Carrick and Wayne Rooney.

Keane brushed off the burglary at his Liverpool apartment as "one of those things that happens".

The robbery took place while the Liverpool star was on duty with the international side earlier this month.

Claudine was at home in Dublin visiting family at the time.

Value

"It's being taken care of at the moment. At the end of the day, it was just a minor incident that happened.

"No one was endangered or anything like that. It's just a few things that have gone missing," Keane said two weeks ago.

Although police have so far been unable to put an exact value on the items stolen, they believe that the raiders did not deliberately target the apartment because Keane lived there.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/a...r-1481347.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Probably not the only Liverpool player to buy a house in Cheshire it technically is in Greater Manchester so dunno what the issue is. Although you could of mentioned Merseyside as well. None issue story anyway.

Cheshire is a County and a not in Greater Manchester,Sneaky attempt to add more to the bad stereotypical image the press like to paint of Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

All the best and many of the worst footballers live in Cheshire

Mike

mike65 wrote: »
    All the best and many of the worst footballers live in Cheshire

Mike

I know its the regions nice area,half the Liverpool team live there.Thats why its a non story unless you try to make out that Keane has moved to Manchester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Dub13 wrote: »
    Cheshire is a County and a not in Greater Manchester,Sneaky attempt to add more to the bad stereotypical image the press like to paint of Liverpool.

Paranoid much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Didn't Michael Owen live there?? I think he's from there actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Chesire is it own county, bordered by Greater Manchester, Meseryside, Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Shropshire, Flintshire and Wrexham

RasTa wrote: »
    Paranoid much?

No but years of reading crap like that makes you wounder if these 'journalists' have an ounce of kop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hahaha

Brilliant.

We all know in his spare time he gets on stilts and wrestles for the WWE *Search The Great Khlia or somthint like that* and helps Capcom with drawings for Blanka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

time? :D

Well done Boggles...well done :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

in fairness, that was actually the best post Boggles has ever made in this thread :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Mr Alan wrote: »
    in fairness, that was actually the best post Boggles has ever made in this thread :)

wtf?
    i thought u 2 were just mirror images of each other. one from bizzaro world and the other from.. well, something just as bizarre but opposite. ur not meant to compliment each other! :eek:

ah jazzy, the man who only discusses users and not football :)

i love you really x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Agger's strike from last night. Sweet hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

After Agger scored seems pretty much everyone looked delighted for him. Unerstandable but good to see all the same.

• Advertisement

I like the way he gestures to his name on the shirt to the fans :)

Benitez wants new deal for Agger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

What does everyone make of the Gareth Bales storys this morning??

I personally think its bull imo, we have loads of left sided players (poor one) atm, unless rafa has planned to sell half of them. And he can start with Dossena imo poor poor signing and no better than Aurelio or Insua.

here's the link daily mail reported it.

Liverpool Eye Up Bale

DeadSkin wrote: »

I'd give N'Gog 9.2 for the dive. :D

Bullshi1te

Spending 15 million Bale makes no sense at all.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,714 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

DeadSkin wrote: »

Damn right it was. Wonder if he can take a corner? :D
    Cant wait till he and Skyrtl are the first choice pairing. Nothing against Carra but both of them can pick out a pass and seem to at least be capable of footballing their way out of trouble rather than hoofing.

Why would we buy another sick note for the LB position. Aurelio is hardly ever fit and I cant recall Bale starting too many for Spurs. We need reliability not potential after 6 months on the sidelines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Story started in The S*n didn't it?

15m haha, do they know something our accountants don't?

BBC reporting the Sun have the Bale story aswell. Most likely to be bullsh!t.

From the Echo:

Liverpool FC may move for Brazilian defender Aislan.

Why would we buy another sick note for the LB position. Aurelio is hardly ever fit and I cant recall Bale starting too many for Spurs. We need reliability not potential after 6 months on the sidelines
    Damn straight!!!!

Don't want Bale, he's a girl, hairclips and all that :pac: :pac: :p

That guy is a central defender, 6' 4"/15 stone so he'd be effective! But not needed.

Mike

• Advertisement

I think he is a good player, young 20 i think (correct me if im wrong), have plenty of games under his belt in the english game.

But i just think its crap anyway, i quite like Aurelio tbh pitty he can't stay fit though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

We're signing Batman ?

Oh wait - it's the other Bale fella from Wales

Bale is actually a quality player, he is just made of extra fragile glass.

zing wrote: »
    We're signing Batman ?

Oh wait - it's the other Bale fella from Wales

:D mad me laugh that did

Dont think there is anything to the Bale story, but i would be delighted if there was.

Stolen from another poster on another site, just thought it was an excellent post in regards to our performance the other night, people moaning about it while salivating over arsenals and wat that performance really shows.
    Liverpool will never ever play without fear. Not until we fall away from hanging onto the coat tails of the top two. While we're still able to see the League title and European Cup on this side of the horizon, every single match will be analysed to death, even pre-seasons and the likes of the other night. Wenger doesn't give a **** about his young 'uns getting twatted by Totteham, he just uses the League Cup as a chance for them to express themselves on a bigger stage. Us, on the other hand, with our wonky, dysfunctional hierarchy and deluded world wide "fanbase", have to win every game. And, even when we win, we're still "****e" - there's no middle ground at LFC.

People were calling for Benitez to be sacked after he "disrespected" the FA Cup at Burnley and when Arsenal knocked us out of the League Cup. Imagine if he was seen as sacrificing a couple of league games to bring Darby and Insua into the back four for a bit of Premier League experience, there'd be ****ing carnage! Imagine if we'd only drawn against Stoke because he'd kept the clearly unfit Torres on the bench and played Pacheco!

Liverpool's a ****ing pressure cooker. That's why we have the likes of Deggen, Dossena and Ngog in the first team squad instead of the 17,18 and 19 year olds who've won back-to-back youth cups and the reserve league. Too much pressure, too much fear and not enough support from within the club and massive sections of the so-called "support" to allow risk taking.

Good post alright. We actually do always seem to play for the point first rather than the 3.

• Advertisement

Stolen from another poster on another site, just thought it was an excellent post in regards to our performance the other night, people moaning about it while salivating over arsenals and wat that performance really shows.

Too little margin for error these days, in the league especially to have the luxury of blooding youth. Every top clubs matches is scrutinised to highest degree, Liverpool wouldn't be alone in this regard.

As for winning the Reserve league and Youth Cups it is not necessarily an indication of top quality talent coming through the ranks, I wouldn't be pinning too much hopes on winning these underage and reserve competitions.

That guy is a central defender, 6' 4"/15 stone so he'd be effective! But not needed.

Mike

This could well be Sami's last season at Anfield, so maybe Rafa is looking for the future, for sure, no? :)

if this lad is coming in, it'll be for as Sami leaves

Okay thats a fair point - but the 10 million buy out price will not be met I presume!

Mike

10m is **** all in this day and age tbh. I'm sure it'll be met, with appearance clauses etc being taken into account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Finnan was injured on his first start for Espanyol last night. Came off after half an hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Could it be Rafa knew something nobody in this thread knew?

Nah, that'd just be silly.

PiE wrote: »
    Could it be Rafa knew something nobody in this thread knew?

Nah, that'd just be silly.

Damn straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Extremely short sighted to be honest!!!

Hypia is a grand 4th choice but he has a season or so left in him. We need to be scouting for a long term replacement now.

10m is **** all in this day and age tbh. I'm sure it'll be met, with appearance clauses etc being taken into account.

Indeed, it really is **** all if the player turns out as expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

A bit of a strange move for me if we are signing Aislan for somewhere in the region of £7-10. What about Huth and San Jose? they have played very well in the reserves, and should be given a chance to challenge for Hyppia's fourth spot when it becomes vacant.

Whats the point of buying two young lads who haven't put a foot wrong, only to buy someone else only marginally older for big money to jump ahead of them in the pecking order? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, unless Rafa thinks that Huth and San Jose are still too inexperienced and need a few more years learning their trade.

rosboy wrote: »
    A bit of a strange move for me if we are signing Aislan for somewhere in the region of £7-10. What about Huth and San Jose? they have played very well in the reserves, and should be given a chance to challenge for Hyppia's fourth spot when it becomes vacant.

Whats the point of buying two young lads who haven't put a foot wrong, only to buy someone else only marginally older for big money to jump ahead of them in the pecking order? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, unless Rafa thinks that Huth and San Jose are still too inexperienced and need a few more years learning their trade.

Maybe they aren't good enough for Rafa? The one area where I would have complete faith in him is in his opinion of defensive players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

A bit of a strange move for me if we are signing Aislan for somewhere in the region of £7-10.

Cheap at the price, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Maybe they aren't good enough for Rafa? The one area where I would have complete faith in him is in his opinion of defensive players.

I'd trust his opinion too. Not sure about the "not good enough for Rafa part". I think maybe more like "not good enough yet". A couple of years maybe. Anytime I've seen the two of them play I've always been impressed and thought that they have the potential to obe first team players in the future.....but I ain't as good as Rafa:P
    Des wrote: »
    Cheap at the price, imo.

I know nothing about the lad, so can't comment on that. Am I right in saying that he's playing in South America at the moment? We can't be sure that he'd adapt to the Premier League. Gabriel Paletta came to us with a good reputation but never made the cut. Lucas and Leto are still settling in afer 12 months and are nowhere near fulfilling their full potential (which I believe both will in time). On the flip side to that you have Tevez and Mascherano! Its just hard judging players who haven't played in the premiership before.

As I said though, I haven't seen the lad play at all so will have to defer to your judgement Des:)

By the way, does anyone know how Leto is getting on in Greece?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I know nothing about the lad, so can't comment on that.

Seven to ten quid is cheap for any footballer in today's market.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement