Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

2-1 BARAZITE 2 mins left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Thanks buddy, you quoted me before I updated my previous message. Huddersfield Town now 100 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Watt? Is that Walcott?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Watt? Is that Walcott?

Sanchez WATT

First trophy of the season then :D, nice boost for the kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fupp the kids that line up has cost me a few bob!

Mike

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Sanchez WATT

Weird, didn't see him on the squad list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

The Ajax tournament begins tonight. We play the hosts at 8.15pm, game is on Sky sports2. I'd love to be over there for it. Was at the tournament two years ago, nice stadium, and Amsterdam is a cracking place to be for a weekend.

Despite been heavily linked to go to Monaco Jose Antonio Reyes has joined SL Benfica. I was a huge fan of his and was disappointed when he left us. At least he will have a Madrid native in Quique Sanchez Flores as manager. I wish him the best of luck. Flores was sacked as manager of Valencia so hopefully they can fire the Portuguese giants back to the top of European football. (well second from top obviously with the Gunners at the top) :)

It seems we are being linked with the 24year old Swiss midfielder Gokhan Inhler.

Does anybody know much on him, or have seen much of him. Can't say I remember a whole lot of seeing him, from the Euro's this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

He was impressive I thought. Definitely one of Swiss' better players at Euro 2008.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Cesc and Kolo start for arsenal tonight in what is essentially a full team (except Eboue starts) Diaby and Nasri have slight knocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

2-0 Ajax... Arsenal being played off the pitch in the past 10 mins. Suarez and Huntelaar with 2 peaches.

2-2 Adebayor and Bendtner.Still time for a winner. :pac:

3-2. so two goals for Adebayor, great cross by Eboue for the first: http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1460951/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

good game for denilson, was in involved in two of the goals. Wonder will he get his place this season, looks like he's had a good pre-season. I've a feeling this could be his year, he looks like a stronger, more defensive cesc.

Impressive comeback. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Have to say, worrying performance. All over the place in the first half. Both Gallas and Toure were caught out so many times.

Ajax dropped off the pace towards the end, and Arsenal took advantage. Don't let the scoreline fool you though, Arsenal were bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

meh, I've never placed too much emphasis on a team's pre-season...

meh, I've never placed too much emphasis on a team's pre-season...

QFT

Have to say, worrying performance. All over the place in the first half. Both Gallas and Toure were caught out so many times.

Ajax dropped off the pace towards the end, and Arsenal took advantage. Don't let the scoreline fool you though, Arsenal were bad.

I half agree with you, I think we desrve credit for getting the win, I honestly believe we will have no problem scoring plenty of goals, I do worry about the centre of defence,same old story we loose concentration too easy imo.

• Advertisement

10 mins away from beating Sevilla at the Emirates and they equalised, game finished 1-1. Vela scored for Arsenal after 4 mins. A great test nonetheless this evening. I didn't see the game so some of the other posters can evaluate our performance tonight better than me. Big fan of Vela, I hope he has a great season for us.

Inter can only win second match 1-0 so Arsenal secure second trophy of the season :)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_3955222,00.html

Are Middlesbro trying to buy Hoyte? I say sell!

Goals from Sevilla v Arsenal

Great solo effort by Vela.

Goals from Sevilla v Arsenal

Great solo effort by Vela.

Vela's goal was top drawer! He showed unbelievable strength and determination. this young man may well prove to be snip of the year.

in reply to the earlier poster regarding hoyte, to be fair the lad was honest enough to admit that Sagna is the level he needs to aspire to. its no secret he's a mile off that but there is no reason why he cant get to his level with time, patience and determination and the lad has the professionalism to do so.. but sagna in my opinion will get better and better unless he starts suffering eboue syndrome all of a shot.

I too can see Sagna improving. Accomplished as he looked last season its easy to forget it was his first season for us. Hoyte would have to become three or four times the player he is now to surpass him. Judging by Hoyte's form in pre-season, even against inferior opposition, he doesn't look like he has improved at all.

Im afraid for Arsenal this season to be honest. I feel it's going to be a so close but so far situation. I know its blasphemous to say but, Wenger is losing sight of the fact that he is at arsenal to win trophies. It's all well and good playing the next big 13 year old in the Carling Cup, but it must be so frustrating knowing you are only 1 or 2 signings away from having a fantastic squad.

Buy Veloso and a CB. Stay away from Toure, and watch Vela shine. People rant and rave about the youngins, but it's not like Man Utd have a team of oldies, they are only marginally older... As Ricky Gervais says, 'Sort it out'... =P

eZe^ wrote: »
    Im afraid for Arsenal this season to be honest. I feel it's going to be a so close but so far situation. I know its blasphemous to say but, Wenger is losing sight of the fact that he is at arsenal to win trophies. It's all well and good playing the next big 13 year old in the Carling Cup, but it must be so frustrating knowing you are only 1 or 2 signings away from having a fantastic squad.

Buy Veloso and a CB. Stay away from Toure, and watch Vela shine. People rant and rave about the youngins, but it's not like Man Utd have a team of oldies, they are only marginally older... As Ricky Gervais says, 'Sort it out'... =P

I think you have to realise how close we came last sesaon, for me the league was lost in the Birmingham match the last min penalty that should not have been,that took lots out of the team mentaly,also some poor decisions against Liverpool in the cl. Also injuries cost us dear in the second half, take out one or two key players at utd and you have the same.

Still a couple of weeks before the transfer window closes, I still expect us to make a signing.

According to the official website Wenger is "too busy" preparing for FC Twente to make a signing.
    He also said he is considering loaning Hoyte out for first team experience.

• Advertisement

According to the official website Wenger is "too busy" preparing for FC Twente to make a signing.

I think he meant before the match on Wednesday but would not read too much into that, any reason why the team flew back to London but Wenger has stayed on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Vela's goal was top drawer! He showed unbelievable strength and determination. this young man may well prove to be snip of the year.
    Absolutely - but against a Spanish defence, which is what he's used to. He looks a cracking player but Wenger reckons he still has a bit to go physically and I'd have to agree - I find it hard to imagine him holding off Richard Dunne or Vidic like that :) Then again, Walcott's the same (he got brushed off the ball by Robinho a couple of times last week!) but they've got pace to burn to get ahead of defenders anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ronaldo was the same when he first came. They just need to hit the weights hard which they can't really do until they are about 19, because otherwise it stunts their growth.

PHB wrote: »
    Ronaldo was the same when he first came. They just need to hit the weights hard which they can't really do until they are about 19, because otherwise it stunts their growth.
    True but he's got the height to carry it a bit better. Either way though, I've no concerns about Vela's development and I think he'll be fine - he's already got the ability to play a part with the first team so any improvements will only push him through to a new level. Which'll be great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

eZe^ wrote: »
    Stay away from Toure

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Frisbee wrote: »
    Why?

Guessing he wants to keep him at Barca..

• Advertisement

I had a dream last night that we sign Barry just before the transfer deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Barry who?;) Not a hope, we're potless.

Wenger said yesterday that there is plenty of money to spend but he wont be forced into spending it for the sake of spending it. He as usual, wants the right player at the right price.

Vincent Van Den Berg loaned to FC Zwolle.
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/van-den-berg-joins-fc-zwolle-on-loan
    Good move for the lad. Hopefully he'll come back a better player.

I see the 'Arsenal XI' are playing Boreham Wood today at 19:30 (live on Arsenal TV). I wonder who will be in the team...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

1. VITO MANNONE
    2. PAUL RODGERS
    3. GAVIN HOYTE
    4. HAVARD NORDTVEIT
    5. RENE STEER
    6. JAMES DUNNE
    7. FRAN MERIDA
    8. KYLE BARTLEY
    9. NACER BARAZITE
    10. RUI FONTE
    11. ABU OGOGO
    12. HENRI LANSBURY
    13. WOJCIECH SZCZESNY
    14. JAY SIMPSON
    15. EMMANUEL FRIMPONG
    16. RHYS MURPHY
    17. SANCHEZ WATT

Nobody of much note.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

bah... not even wilshire.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

With Rosicky, Diaby and possibly Nasri out, he's being kept aside for the FC Twente match squad I'd imagine.

7. FRAN MERIDA

I was hoping he'd have broke the first team squad by now. :(

Booked my tickets for the home game against Twente! :D

Guessing he wants to keep him at Barca..

Oh that Toure...
    People really need to specify... :p

I was hoping he'd have broke the first team squad by now. :(
    I think Merida, Barazite, Lansbury and Nordtveit are probably the next few Reserves who'll push for squad places but it all depends on which players are ahead of them too... and at the moment, Wilshere's probably just pushed himself ahead of Merida by being a more natural wide man

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    I think Merida, Barazite, Lansbury and Nordtveit are probably the next few Reserves who'll push for squad places

Yup, I certainly expect to see Nordtvelt in the squad next year alright, quality player. Bit inexperienced, and sometimes he can look jittery, but id put that down to the fact he is so young...

Fabregas out for first game of season aswell.
    Not too worried but will be interesting to see who Wenger puts in the middle to partner Denilson considering Diaby is out aswell.
    Im thinking Ramsey....

Friendly should be finishing up soon. Anyone know the score?

We won 4-0

Fonte hat trick and Simpson got the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

No Cesc or Toure tonight, could be a tricky one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

keano_afc wrote: »
    No Cesc or Toure tonight, could be a tricky one.

It looks like Djourou and Ramsey will start instead of Cesc and Kolo according to most sources anyway. I just hope the appearance of Eboue in CM during pre-season doesn't happen again tonight
    The team is weakened considerably but should still have enough to get a decent result to bring back to the Emirates and this will also have pushed on Wengers search for an experienced CM

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement