Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Adebayor is pretty poor at linking up play too so van Persie being better than him isn't saying much.

The off-striker position is pretty damn important, and all our rivals are much better in that regard - Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard. We used to have Bergkamp, the difference is considerable.

The reasoning behind selling him is that we put Arshavin in the number 10 role, because he is a far better link player. Quicker, better dribbler, less selfish, quicker thinker, better vision, better passer... the list goes on. Buy a quality winger (one who does the tracking back that Arshavin isn't great at) because Rosicknote/Nasri/Walcott aren't the best options as we've seen all too well. If we can afford a replacement for Adebayor then great but otherwise Eduardo/Bendtner/Walcott/Vela are still quite good striking options if we can bring real quality into other areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Frisbee wrote: »
    1. Tall, Black and Bald.

And French.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

OPENROAD wrote: »
    And French.

That too

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

His surname also has three syllables. So it works for the chant.

His surname also has three syllables. So it works for the chant.

We've found the missing piece

1. Tall, Black and Bald
    2. ??????? French and a three syllable name
    3. Next Patrick Vieira

Well done lads, we all deserve a pat on the back for this one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Diaby is rubbish. He has been there now a few years and has made no real difference. Out the door he goes, probably Brimingham.
    Silvestre should be kicked out as well.

IMO we should bring back Senderous. I know he should not be in the first XI but I have faith in him.

We should bring in a strong CB and DM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

So, sell adebayor for £20 million and bring in Tevez.

Buy Lescott from Everton for £15million.

Ship out 2 of the following 3 (Song, Diaby, Denilson).

Purchase some man mountain of a DM, somebody gigantic.

I live a fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'm really not gearing myself up for a summer of mad transfer activity this time. Having seen how we usually do business in Aug/Jan I'm gonna take the day off after the deadline and watch us try to sign one player through the night.

Seriously though, I really hope Wenger will swallow his pride and privately at least admit he might have got things wrong this season. I know injuries have crippled us at vital times but lets face it thats nothing new. He left us very weak at centre half and didnt even try to rectify that in January. As for changes up front, I wouldnt be too upset if we lost Ade and/or van Persie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Adebayor is pretty poor at linking up play too so van Persie being better than him isn't saying much.

The off-striker position is pretty damn important, and all our rivals are much better in that regard - Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard. We used to have Bergkamp, the difference is considerable.

the second paragraph is exactly why Adebayor's been poor at link up play this season. When you've got the right players around him he looks very good in this area imo, but since Hleb went he hasn't had a stable partnership with anyone he can link up with. RVP is too much of a lone ranger really to link up effectively with him. hence I agree that Arshavin should be played in the number 10 role, he has the ability to form the link between midfield and Ade, but he's also got the pace to ensure he can get in the box along side Ade to support him.

Ade's been disappointing this season, but i'm not sure i'd write him off yet. Last season showed how good a player he can be, and while he'll never reach the dizzying heights of some, get the right people around him and he can really do you a job. So I really hope Wenger will give Ade and Arshavin a chance to form a partnership together next season.
    Galvasean wrote: »
    So, sell adebayor for £20 million and bring in Tevez.

Buy Lescott from Everton for £15million.

Ship out 2 of the following 3 (Song, Diaby, Denilson).

Purchase some man mountain of a DM, somebody gigantic.

I live a fantasy.

get rid of Diaby only. the other two have shown enough potential this season to make them worth holding to for a while yet at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Good stuff:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/walcott-signs-a-new-long-term-contract

Still learning and developing but if he continues to improve at anything like the rate he has in the last year/year and a half, I'll be chuffed to bits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

If Wenger could some how buy the next Nemanja Vidic, Michael Essien and Ferrando Torres over the summer i would be pretty satisfied!!!:)

The reasoning behind selling him is that we put Arshavin in the number 10 role, because he is a far better link player.
    I've no problem with Arshavin in there (especially as it gives us the option of a wideman who offers a bit more protection to the full back and drifts less) but then I'd probably keep Ade, even if only for another year. I know your plan kind of depends on selling him to raise cash but I find it hard to justify clearing out our two main forward players and weakening the squad in the one area where we previously had loads of players.

Eduardo as first choice and changing back to more of a passing game again, fine (guy's way more clinical than Ade) - but having Bendtner/Walcott/Vela as our only other options seems dangerous. While he certainly has the talent (and swapping him in for Eduardo wouldn't disrupt the way the side plays that much), Vela's international commitments mean that for me, he hasn't really had enough gametime yet to be second-choice striker.

get rid of Diaby only. the other two have shown enough potential this season to make them worth holding to for a while yet at least.

The reason why i'd want rid of two of the three (Diaby, song, Denilson) is that our midfield will be overly crowded next season.

Rosicky, Arshavin, Fabregas, Denilson, Nasri, Song, Diaby and this new man mountain archaetype I want, not to mention Ramsey and Vela (possibly Randall too) trying to makea stake for first team football.

Come to think of it would anyone be opposed to loaning out Ramsey for the season? I think a season at a mid table - upper tier premier league team like Everton, Fulham, Wigan or Villa could do him a world of good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Selling:

Diaby, Denilson, Song - hard to pick who should go to be honest. The problem with such young players playing in DMF/CMF roles is that they're never supposed to be any good until they're like 24/25. That said, I've seen enough from Diaby to be fairly confidant that he has neither the aggression to play DMF or the intelligence to play CMF/AMF.

I think both Denilson and Song should be kept. They're both still extremely young for their position, both have shown great potential and both have done a pretty good job this year considering that they were thrust into the deep end. Also if Fabregas gets injured again I'd rather see Song - Denilson - Arhsavin/Nasri play a three man midifeld than have to play Diaby or rely on Rosicky being fit.

I guess what it comes down to most is that I can still see Denilson and Song being world class in a few years, I can't see Diaby being so.

Ade and Bendtner - I think both should go. As I said before, I don't think the big target man works for us. We don't properly commit to it, our big target men want to be midfielders/wingers, our wingers want to cut inside rather than cross ... etc. There's an argument for Bendtner staying as we won't get much for him and he does get a fair share of goals for a sub. Cash in on Ade.

I wouldn't sell RVP yet. I'd love to see him, Eduardo and Arshavin start next year as our forwards. Alongside Arshavin and Fabregas, he's been our performer of the year despite injuries, not getting the best service and playing most of the games with a poor enough partner.

Buying:

Hangeland, Top class DMF

Shooting:

Silvestre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Arshavin a doubt for the Chelsea game with a virus. Let's hope he can shake it off, we definitely need him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

itsjaybud wrote: »
    nteresting summer ahead i reckon.

I'd go for frustrating and depressing again myself!

^^^ Ya that works to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Can people get a grip? Hangeland is the midst of one good season. We've seen how that can go; Adebayor being case for the prosecution. I don't know if anyone follows Gah and hurling here but the best analogy I can draw to Arsenal is they're almost exactly like the Galway Hurling team; plenty of talented individuals who don't come close to the sum of their parts.

I can't remember the last time I saw an Arsenal player rising to a big match occaision too. Possiby the Champions League Final run of 2006.

@Galvasean, we don't need a gigantor of a DM, we need a mobile tough unit which we had in Flamini but as is archetypical of the club was let go because we wouldn't pay him enough. Granted he's got a mercenary streak in him but its going to cost us more to buy a new DM than it would have to pay him what he wanted.

Of huge importance is the defence, I don't think Wenger has the experience of building one. He was blessed at both Monaco and Arsenal in that when he came, both had arguably the best defences of their respective divisions. He got lucky-ish with Sol Campbell in the middle of his term as manager imo also. We don't have a track record of buying good quality defenders. Clichy and Sagna have regressed a bit too imo this season although they were world class last season so I wouldn't be too worried. Again strength in depth is a huge issue, Kieren Gibbs for all his promise should not be playing in a Champions League Semi-Final. Neither should Mikael Silvestre. Wengers CB record is atrocious - Cygan, Stepanov's, Silvestre all players who shouldn't even wear an Arsenal Reserves shirt. Also one of Gallas and Toure has to go. They don't work together and they don't complement each other.

Finally, for all the talk about transition periods, we should be building a team. Man Utd are streets ahead of everyone in this regard. The team is extremely well bedded down and the depth they have is excellent. Take out Toure from our team and the longest serving player I'm guessing is one of Clichy-Fabregas and RVP. Thats 4 players who have been here > 4 yrs. We haven't been fostering a team spirit and it shows. While I wasn't too enamoured with Gibbs who consoled him or rallied the team after the 1st Utd goal?

/rant

Edit: Btw it says a lot about the team as a whole when people are saying Arshavin has been one of the star performers - I don't disagree but he's played what, 7ish games?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Can anyone else see Flamini coming back? Im just going off his comment he said to the BBC on the week leading up to the first leg against Man Utd and the fact that he's still an Arsenal supporter and he was at The Emirates on tuesday night.

Anyone? ...or wishful thinking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

FearDark wrote: »
    Can anyone else see Flamini coming back? Im just going off his comment he said to the BBC on the week leading up to the first leg against Man Utd and the fact that he's still an Arsenal supporter and he was at The Emirates on tuesday night.

Anyone? ...or wishful thinking?

Well I'd welcome him back with open arms - not sure everyone would feel the same though

I have to agree about Hangleand, people are talking about him like he's a superstar, he's been the stand our player in Fulham's defence, yes they've done well this season but seriously, big woop.

I honestly dont think another midfielder or forward is needed for next season.

Forwards: Ade, RVP, Bendtner, Eduardo, Vela.

Midfielders: Song, Denilson, Diaby, Fabregas, Nasri, Walcott, Arshavin, Ramsey, Rosicky.

Then you've got the likes of Randall, Merida, Wilshere etc rising up through the ranks.

The problem is defence, we have a very good first four in Sagna, Gallas, Toure, Clichy. Then adequate cover in Eboue and Djourou. But Silvestre and Gibbs just don't cut it, one being over the hill and one not having even started climbing the hill yet.
    If we can hold onto Traore next year and bring in another CB as cover we'll be ok.

Silvestre needs to be shown the door.
    One of Randall, Merida, Wilshere will probably head out on loan.
    I don't think Wenger will sell one of Denilson, Song or Diaby considering he rates them all fairly highly. If it came to it though it would be Denilson or Diaby I'd want to see shown the door.

Midfielders: Song, Denilson, Diaby, Fabregas, Nasri, Walcott, Arshavin, Ramsey, Rosicky.

Then you've got the likes of Randall, Merida, Wilshere etc rising up through the ranks.

I really don't think Song or Denilson are good enough at the moment, at such a young age though, a year could improve them massively, but I'd feel far more comfortable if we bought an experienced player ahead of them.

jasonorr wrote: »
    I really don't think Song or Denilson are good enough at the moment, at such a young age though, a year could improve them massively, but I'd feel far more comfortable if we bought an experienced player ahead of them.

Unfortunately that's really not Wengers policy as we all know. They've both had a proper season playing at the top flight now so I'd say next year will be when we see if they will be able to recognise their potential and play in the top flight.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/emirates-cup-august-2009-teams-confirmed
    Following the huge success of the two previous Emirates Cup tournaments in 2007 and 2008, Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Emirates Stadium will once again host a two-day pre-season tournament featuring four of Europe’s leading clubs.

Emirates Cup 2009 will take place over the weekend of Saturday 1st August and Sunday 2nd August 2009, and joining the Gunners for this summer’s exciting tournament will be Scottish giants Rangers, Spanish side Atletico Madrid and leading French club Paris Saint-Germain.

Similar to the previous Emirates Cup tournaments, two matches will be played on each day, with the kick-off times being at 2pm and 4.15pm, with one ticket giving fans access to both matches on that particular day.

The Club is also pleased to announce that Arsenal members will receive exclusive first rights on purchasing tickets for this high profile tournament.

The four participating teams boast many high profile international players who will feature over the weekend, which will also offer many Gunners supporters the first opportunity to see the Arsenal first team squad play ahead of the 2009/2010 season.

The tournament kicks-off at 2pm on Saturday 1st August, with Rangers taking on Paris Saint-Germain, followed at 4.15pm with the hosts Arsenal playing Atletico Madrid.

Sunday’s fixtures also start at 2pm, with Paris Saint-Germain playing Atletico Madrid, with Arsenal and Rangers bringing the competition to an exciting climax, kicking-off their match at 4.15pm on Sunday afternoon.

Teams will be awarded 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and will also earn 1 point for each goal they score in the competition. The winners will be presented with the Emirates Cup trophy after the second match on Sunday 2nd August.

Arsenal Chief Executive Ivan Gazidis said: “We are delighted to be once again hosting the Emirates Cup in August 2009.

“Atletico Madrid, Rangers and Paris Saint-Germain all have great pedigree and will contribute to an exciting weekend of pre-season football.

“Following the huge success of the Emirates Cup tournaments in 2007 and 2008, we are delighted to once again be offering supporters the opportunity to watch two high quality matches each day over a weekend, for as little as £25 a ticket per day.

“The tournament will of course, also provide a very competitive level of preparation for all the teams ahead of the 2009/2010 season.”

Boutros Boutros, Emirates’ Divisional Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications, said: “Emirates is extremely excited that through our long-term partnership with Arsenal and our sponsorship of the Emirates Stadium, we are able to host this fantastic pre-season tournament for the third year running.

“We look forward to watching these four teams in actions, including two of our sponsored teams in Paris Saint-Germain and Arsenal.”

Day admission tickets for Emirates Cup 2009, which give access to both matches in a day are available from £25 for adults and £15 for OAPs and under 16s.

All further developments regarding the Emirates Cup will appear on Arsenal.com and in all official Arsenal publications.

Would have loved to go but I'm away, anyone thinking of heading over?
    Glad to see we're getting to play Athletico aswell, although would have preferred to play PSG over Rangers at the same time.

Unfortunately that's really not Wengers policy as we all know. They've both had a proper season playing at the top flight now so I'd say next year will be when we see if they will be able to recognise their potential and play in the top flight.

Oh I know, but at the moment they haven't really stepped up enough to justify not buying someone for another year! Something has to change if we're going to challenge!
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/emirates-cup-august-2009-teams-confirmed

Glad to see we're getting to play Athletico aswell, although would have preferred to play PSG over Rangers at the same time.

Nah, prolly just watch it on the tv!

• Advertisement

We played PSG in it before. I might go over. Been to the Emirates cup before. It was great craic. There was a really good competetive yet friendly atmosphere (sitting beside PSG fans) and the weather was cracking.
    So yes, Im seriously considerting it. That or the Champions League qualifying round.

I know we got an outstanding player in the last transfer window in the form of Arshavin and what a signing he is proving to be and yes we dont need another forward if none of them leave, but back then werent you all about getting a DM? Someone along the lines of Miguel Veloso i think was constantly mentioned.

I dont really see what has changed in that position allbeit Song has had a good finish to the season and i have been surprised by his top performances but would still prefer to see a more established DM brought in tbh.

+1

and from watching arsenal live with Dan Roebuck today and the interview with Wenger i just get the feeling he will shock us all this summer and adjust certain policies and buy a recognised DM & CB.

itsjaybud wrote: »
    and from watching arsenal live with Dan Roebuck today and the interview with Wenger i just get the feeling he will shock us all this summer and adjust certain policies and buy a recognised DM & CB.

Wenger always says the right things, but ultimately follows his own path. I'd say it's unlikely it will be anything drastic.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,421 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well lads, someone showed me this the other day, apologies if it was posted before, thought it was a larf and a harf :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Well lads, someone showed me this the other day, apologies if it was posted before, thought it was a larf and a harf :)

I've seen this except it was about Ronaldo. It's funnier with Hitler as a Spud fan given they are traditionally associated with a more "orthodox" support.

Or maybe that isn't funny.....I am not going to get into it.......

• Advertisement

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-my-summer-transfer-window-plans

Wenger - My summer transfer window plans

Arsène Wenger is chasing “one or two” experienced players this summer – but not a striker.

With this season’s trophy-hunt ending on Tuesday night at the hands of Manchester United, it was inevitable that the Arsenal manager would be questioned about his transfer plans at Friday’s pre-match press conference.

As usual, Wenger stated his first job was to keep the existing squad together. And he added, if he does dip into the market, it will not be to make wholesale changes.

“I’m not chasing any player at the moment,” he said. “I believe my priority is to stay with the squad we have.

“We will try of course to bring in one or two players to strengthen the squad but we have plenty of strikers.

“And if we buy, it certainly won't be players who lack experience. We have enough of those.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bendtner-trousers-down-300x284.jpg

lol

you'd think he'd pull up his pants before he covers his head

They've both had a proper season playing at the top flight now so I'd say next year will be when we see if they will be able to recognise their potential and play in the top flight.
    This could very well be the case - and if it is, they'll pretty much be competing for the same spot. If I had to choose today, I'd make Song first choice - I think it's noticeable that a lot of Denilson's best moments this season came when he was playing the more creative CM role while Fabregas was out injured. He's done very well overall (faded a bit recently) but I think he's still transitioning from ball-playing Fabregas type to sweeping Gilberto type.
    Wenger always says the right things, but ultimately follows his own path. I'd say it's unlikely it will be anything drastic.
    One fairly established player at most, I'd say - as you say, that website article above could almost have been cut and pasted from last summer.

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    that website article above could almost have been cut and pasted from last summer.
    In fact, just for the craic - here's the article from the start of last summer's pre-season:
    Wenger looking for a maximum of two players

By Richard Clarke

Arsène Wenger hopes to bolster his squad with one or two players before the transfer window closes.

Arsenal have lost Gilberto, Alex Hleb and Mathieu Flamini over the course of the summer while they have added Samir Nasri and Aaron Ramsey.

The manager is targeting at least one experienced player to make up the difference. He believes that signing, plus the return of a couple of major names from injury, will be enough to challenge for honours this season.

“We can get in one player with experience yes,” said the manager at the weekend. “It will be two maximum but one certainly.

“I cannot give you any names. But we are still thinking of bringing one player in.”

The loss of three experienced midfielders was a blow to a squad that was already young but, Wenger argues, the returning players will make a difference.

“We don’t live in an ideal world,” said Wenger. “Flamini was free to leave and, as for Gilberto, he is 32 and had the opportunity to have a three-year contract. While Hleb was in a strong position.

“We have lost good players with experience but we have bought good players and we have more ones coming through.

"We can still bring in players with experience of course. And don’t forget that since January, Robin van Persie missed nearly six months and Rosicky nearly four months. They will all be coming back."

In fact, just for the craic - here's the article from the start of last summer's pre-season:

in fairness we got Silvestre didn't we :D

This could very well be the case - and if it is, they'll pretty much be competing for the same spot. If I had to choose today, I'd make Song first choice - I think it's noticeable that a lot of Denilson's best moments this season came when he was playing the more creative CM role while Fabregas was out injured. He's done very well overall (faded a bit recently) but I think he's still transitioning from ball-playing Fabregas type to sweeping Gilberto type.

One fairly established player at most, I'd say - as you say, that website article above could almost have been cut and pasted from last summer.

Agree completely with your point regards Denilson and he has seemed tired recently which was to be expected with the amount of games he has played. Open to correction but pretty sure hes played the most games for Arsenal this season.

The qualities that Song has to play in that more of a sitting role in midfield compared to Cesc's role i think strongly justify holding on to him ahead of Denilson. It doesnt seem fair but i think if we let Denilson go and get in an established DM and keep Song as cover it would be ideal.

In saying this is it hard to see Wenger leaving either of them go, as they both have showed some good potential in fairness and he does have great faith in them. I suspose it will be only an established CB coming in but i would like DM also.

Funny to read that article from last year aswell!!! We'll just have to wait and see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

That article doesn't make any sense. They say Usmanov is willing to front up cash for summer spending, yet they say Wenger will have £20m to buy a defender and a replacement for Adebayor.

If Adebayor were to go it would be for around £15-20m, leaving Usmanov's input at £0-5m. I'm gonna guess Wenger will be given at least £5m to spend by the board from current funds available anyway.

That article doesn't make any sense. They say Usmanov is willing to front up cash for summer spending, yet they say Wenger will have £20m to buy a defender and a replacement for Adebayor.

If Adebayor were to go it would be for around £15-20m, leaving Usmanov's input at £0.

To be fair from now until the end of August we are going to have article after article about how much money we have to spend and who we are going to sign, I can see Adebayor going though.

• Advertisement

This season v previous seasons:
    P   W   D   L   F   A  GD Pts
    2008-2009:  36  19  11   6  64  36  28  68
    2007-2008:  36  22  11   3  72  31  41  77 ( 3rd)
    2006-2007:  36  19   9   8  62  34  28  66 ( 4th)
    2005-2006:  36  18   7  11  61  28  33  61 ( 4th)
    2004-2005:  36  24   8   4  79  34  45  80 ( 2nd)
    2003-2004:  36  24  12   0  70  25  45  84 ( 1st)
    2002-2003:  36  21   9   6  75  41  34  72 ( 2nd)
    2001-2002:  36  24   9   3  74  33  41  81 ( 1st)
    2000-2001:  36  20   9   7  61  35  26  69 ( 2nd)
    1999-2000:  36  22   6   8  68  36  32  72 ( 2nd)
    1998-1999:  36  21  12   3  58  16  42  75 ( 2nd)
    1997-1998:  36  23   9   4  68  28  40  78 ( 1st)
    1996-1997:  36  18  11   7  59  30  29  65 ( 3rd)
    1995-1996:  36  16  11   9  47  31  16  59 ( 5th)

Rolling season:
    2008-2009:  38  21  11   6  66  36  30  74

Current run:
    2008-2009:   1   0   0   1   1   4  -3   0

Glad I was working and missed this one...ridiculous!

Glad I was working and missed this one...ridiculous!

+1, just about to watch MotD2 now

+1, just about to watch MotD2 now

I might download it and watch it at a later date...might!

I might download it and watch it at a later date...might!

I'll let you know in a few minutes if you'd want to

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I'll let you know in a few minutes if you'd want to
    After watching it live your probarbly better off going to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Jayzus we should have been 3 or 4 up by the time Chelsea scored between Walcott and Diaby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

The chance where Diaby took it off Fab's toe.... the lord ****ing jesus :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

The defense has well and truly shafted us this year, plus we got to stop falling apart once we concede.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Bah, I'm really all out of opinions on what to do with this current team.

A very disappointing end to the season though, as bad as I can remember for quite a few years.

I'm still hoping that the solution is merely a couple of players with experience but there are things about this team that are very hard to take.

Yesterday the players pretty much accepted defeat. I understand that it's the end of the season and that everyone's been saying 'well this squad, in it's current situation, is really no match for Chelsea or Man U' ... but they could still fcuking try!!!! ... which Bendtner aside, no-one really did.

In the second half, we looked like teams used to when coming to Highbury - no chance, a routine loss, go through the motions and get home as quick as possible.

In Wenger we trust!!! That much is still true. Though depending on his decisions this summer, he could really test me. However, I'm sure he will know what to do to get this squad competitive at the highest level again. Here's looking forward to a brighter 09/10.

Rebuilding and all aside though, it really is now a big three plus Arsenal. The difference between them and us is bite and aggression which we simply don't have any more. We need something similar to the emergence of Viera and Petit in 1996/1997.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement