Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I know,the conflicting information is very frustrating, I think this summer will tell us though what the real situation is.

I think the fact that this 13 million figure hasn't been refuted probably gives you an indication that it's around the mark.

That said, Ade should get us another 20 million or so so we've got enough for the defender & midfielder we're crying out for. Not sure about the RMF that some people are crying out for though.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I think we need to lay off the crying a bit.

I think we need to lay off the crying a bit.

Sry, I'll try and expand my vocab a bit. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

gosplan wrote: »
    I think the fact that this 13 million figure hasn't been refuted probably gives you an indication that it's around the mark.

That said, Ade should get us another 20 million or so so we've got enough for the defender & midfielder we're crying out for. Not sure about the RMF that some people are crying out for though.

The thing is the club are not going to come out and publically admit a figure. According to tonights Evening Standard Arsene has been told he will have £30 million to spend and he will have most of the funds from any sales so they are claiming we could have up to £50million.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/article-23696258-details/Arsene+Wenger+can+spend+50m+once+Emmanuel+Adebayor+is+sold/article.do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

i hope that slimy sleazeball brown gets relegated along with his team who he really messed up after the city match.his arrogance and attitude sickens me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Found this by accident, Fooking Hilarious!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I really like this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Ah Henry's such a legend. I hope to christ he makes it for the final and scores the winner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Bit of a gossipy question, but is he back with the wife?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Boggles wrote: »
    Found this by accident, Fooking Hilarious!!! :D

Yeah, I remember watching that at the time :D
    Boggles wrote: »
    Bit of a gossipy question, but is he back with the wife?

No idea...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Definitely prefer the third eye one though, no matter how many times I show it to people I stil laugh every time...

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

playa3 wrote: »
    Ah Henry's such a legend. I hope to christ he makes it for the final and scores the winner

+1

Hopefully hes fit to make the final scoring the winner would be amazing,

FA Youth Cup-Final on Setanta Sports 1 now, its the first leg at the Emirates!

oya against Liverpool!

itsjaybud wrote: »
    +1

Hopefully hes fit to make the final scoring the winner would be amazing,

FA Youth Cup-Final on Setanta Sports 1 now, its the first leg at the Emirates!

Was considering going over to this as the tickets are very cheap but couldn;t get anyone to come with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Team for tonight:

Arsenal

James Shea
    Craig Eastmond
    Thomas Cruise
    Kyle Bartley
    Luke Ayling
    Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
    Henri Lansbury
    Francis Coquelin
    Emmanuel Frimpong
    Jack Wilshere
    Gilles Sunu

Substitutes

Rhys Murphy
    Charlie Mann
    Sanchez Watt
    Conor Henderson
    Cedric Evina

Anyone got a stream?

That offside decision with Rhys Murphy was the worst I've ever seen in my 20 odd years of watching football. Utterly disgraceful. I realise we are 4-1 up but you cant take anything for granted. Personally i think were a level above the rest in terms of youth and will win at anfield Tuesday night. We'll at least get a result. Super performance tonight. Jack Wilshere had an unbelievable first 30 minutes but was well marshalled after the 2nd goal. Watt, Cruise, JET and Lansbury can become superb players for us in the future. Ive never seen such control from such a monster as JET. The thing i admired most was the work ethic of the team which the seniors lack.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I always wonderd if Arsenal's Youth are so good and everyone always talks up the Carling cup side how come the Reserves dont win everything? I mean Villa won the reserves title vs Sunderland the other night and last year lost it vs Liverpool, how come Arsenal arent in the mix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I'd swap him for Ade and RVP. He'd still get more goals than the pair put together.....and yes......he is made of the same stuff as Tony Adams.

I really really hope he gets fit for Wednesday night. If Barca win that then he'll have done everything he set out to do in Spain. You never know he might be back at Arsenal one day (it'd have to be a knockdown transfer fee and he'd be taking a massive wage cut).

Can't believe he never won world player of the year.

why'd he leave so? :rolleyes:

why'd he leave so? :rolleyes:

My own opinion is that his personal life at the time played a significant part in his move.

I always wonderd if Arsenal's Youth are so good and everyone always talks up the Carling cup side how come the Reserves dont win everything? I mean Villa won the reserves title vs Sunderland the other night and last year lost it vs Liverpool, how come Arsenal arent in the mix?
    The reserves and the U18 team are largely the same, and a lot of reserve teamers are sent off on loan (Traore, Nordtveit, Agogo, Steer, Rodgers, Simpson, Barazite, Merida, Lansbury, Hoyte etc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Great win for the youth team. Shame I didn't realise it was on TV.
    Hopefully Ill catch leg two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Great end of season victory today. Great to see RVP on the score sheet too.

The WWE and Stanley Kroenke have reached an agreement for RAW tomorrow. Not in Denver as originally scheduled but at the Staples Centre in LA.
    Bit of a huge mix up there.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/articles/9683696/rawmovestola?cid=2009EP-00

Delighted to see Mannone getting his first game. Sounds like the team played very well.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8048291.stm

• Advertisement

RVP top of the assists chart for the season I think.

Ya thats right RVP finished the season with 11 assists and 11 goals, a pretty decent return! He derserves another season at least!!!:rolleyes:

He has had the most assists this season in the EPL with the likes of Cesc, Lampard, Gerrard & Berbatov all finishing up with 10!

Good win yesterday, it was a pity RVPs freekick didnt go in but the team finished with a good performance all round.

Also SSN had a good interview with Arshavin, cant find in online but was a good watch, seems a very honest player both on and off the field and has some interesting thoughts on the game.

It will be great to have him available for all competitions next season!

Sunderland will not be taking up the option to sign Djibril Cisse on a permanent deal this summer. 

The Frenchman joined the Black Cats on a season-long loan deal early in the 2008/09 campaign.

Having grown disillusioned with life at Marseille, the former Liverpool striker was keen to have another crack at the Premier League.

He went on to make 38 appearances for Sunderland, scoring 11 goals.
    However, he found the target just once in his last 12 outings as speculation regarding his future began to mount.

A deal had been agreed for him to complete a move to the Stadium of Light once the season came to a close, with a package believed to be around £10million having been put in place.

Sunderland, though, have decided against pushing that move through and will instead be turning their attention elsewhere.

"We wish Djibril well and thank him for his contribution to the club this season," chairman Niall Quinn told the club's [I]official website[/I].

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5347765,00.html

This caught my attention. If Ade does leave in the summer I believe he would be a brilliant signing for us. He wanted to join us before and with the players we have around him he would be awesome goalscorer for us. Plus he's French. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

DenMan wrote: »
    This caught my attention. If Ade does leave in the summer I believe he would be a brilliant signing for us. He wanted to join us before and with the players we have around him he would be awesome goalscorer for us. Plus he's French. :D

'brilliant' is a bit much.

you could do better, but you could certainly do a lot worse.

even at liverpool, he wasn't as bad as people all too often make out. he can be frustrating, but given the right service he has the potential to score plenty of goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Sunderland will not be taking up the option to sign Djibril Cisse on a permanent deal this summer. 

The Frenchman joined the Black Cats on a season-long loan deal early in the 2008/09 campaign.

Having grown disillusioned with life at Marseille, the former Liverpool striker was keen to have another crack at the Premier League.

He went on to make 38 appearances for Sunderland, scoring 11 goals.
    However, he found the target just once in his last 12 outings as speculation regarding his future began to mount.

A deal had been agreed for him to complete a move to the Stadium of Light once the season came to a close, with a package believed to be around £10million having been put in place.

Sunderland, though, have decided against pushing that move through and will instead be turning their attention elsewhere.

"We wish Djibril well and thank him for his contribution to the club this season," chairman Niall Quinn told the club's [I]official website[/I].

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5347765,00.html

The last thing you lot need now is another player who needs 10 chances a game to score a goal. Cisse is below Arsenal standard and to be honest not good enough for any of the top 7-8.

Jesus man, first it was Michael Owen and now Cisse!

Again NO THANKS!:eek:

• Advertisement

itsjaybud wrote: »
    Jesus man, first it was Michael Owen and now Cisse!

Again NO THANKS!:eek:

:D:D

I know, but unfortunately with our budget and the way Wenger thinks it is the kind of signing he may go for. :(

With the right service he is a very good striker, very lethal in the box. tbh who will we sign with extensive experience if Ade goes? I sure as hell haven't a clue.

I sure as hell haven't a clue.

this was the only part of your post i could agree with im afraid.

Cisse is no where near a player Arsenal would want to sign. Lets just move on i think.

So now that RvP has gotten 20 goals in all competitions and the most assists of any Premier League player can we all agree not to sell him?

So let silly transger rumour season commence! :D
    Xavi Alonso is apparently transfer listed by request. Unfortunately his price tag is £20million so he's a bit pricey for us.
    Perhaps a bid of £8million might lure Martins from Newcastle. Ship out Ade for close to £20million and we have a good spot of business?

BTW anyone got the goals from teh stoke game (and the youth cup final)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Galvasean wrote: »
    BTW anyone got the goals from teh stoke game (and the youth cup final)?

Yesterday's goals here but quality is pretty awful...

So now that RvP has gotten 20 goals in all competitions and the most assists of any Premier League player can we all agree not to sell him?

Adebayor has 10 goals and 7 assists in the league in two less appearances.

Adebayor does a job for us that no other forward will, and buying Martins won't change that.

I really don't think we need a new striker this year, we already have Ade, RVP, Eduardo, Bendtner, Vela. We'd be better off spending the money somewhere else and keeping Adebayor.

• Advertisement

Good quality round up of Arsenal goals yesterday here no sign of the youths game though!

As mentioned before Alonso not the player we need. Imo Arsenals best formation is 4-4-2 and Alonso doesnt fit into this we already have Cesc there!

Talking of selling RVP still bothers me, absolute madness to even think about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Frisbee wrote: »

Adebayor does a job for us that no other forward will, and buying Martins won't change that.

I really don't think we need a new striker this year, we already have Ade, RVP, Eduardo, Bendtner, Vela. We'd be better off spending the money somewhere else and keeping Adebayor.
    The money got for Adebayour could replace him and free up money for other players.

Frisbee wrote: »

Adebayor wants out. That much has become painfully obvious. i don't want anther summer of him flirting with 'bigger' clubs only to turn around and say, "Oh the media made things up about me when I was on holidays!" again.
    He was only half the player this season that he was last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

speaking of possible signings, here's someone i think we should be looking at: Kevin Nolan.

now i know he's not a world beater or as technically gifted as the rest of the team, but he's got proven premiership experience, a high work rate and, with his physical presence, has the ability to put a lot of pressure on opposition defences (with or without the ball), so he could defend from the font like Flamini used and open up space for Cesc to play his passes from deep. And he should be available at a reasonable price.

ticks the right boxes for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Paleface

He's a c**t though. Personally a guy I love to hate.

I agree with you that he has the physicality which Arsenal could do with in the middle of the park but surely there has to be someone out there we can get besides him.

speaking of possible signings, here's someone i think we should be looking at: Kevin Nolan.

now i know he's not a world beater or as technically gifted as the rest of the team, but he's got proven premiership experience, a high work rate and, with his physical presence, has the ability to put a lot of pressure on opposition defences (with or without the ball), so he could defend from the font like Flamini used and open up space for Cesc to play his passes from deep. And he should be available at a reasonable price.

ticks the right boxes for me.

He was available for £4m six months ago. If Wenger wanted him he would have bought him then. I wouldn't mind him though. Wouldn't be as lightweight as the current options.

If Adebayor is to go, with Milan a likely destination, perhaps Flamini coming back as part of that deal could be an option.

Kevin Nolan was mentioned here back in the January transfer window and im shocked hes name has been mentioned again tbh!

He went to a club with a disgraceful team and couldnt even secure a regular spot in the team! What has he done for Newcastle?

Maybe if we needed extra cover but we have enough in that position, if we can sign a decent DM this summer!

Some crazy signing mentioned today!

No, no, no to Nolan.

Martins and Bassong are the only Newky players I'd have any interest in.

While we're talking about getting players from relegated teams, I recall SWenger said he wouldn't extend Jay Simpson's loan at WBA if they got relegated.
    I wonder will another Prem team go for him. Burnley perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

While we're talking about getting players from relegated teams, I recall SWenger said he wouldn't extend Jay Simpson's loan at WBA if they got relegated.
    I wonder will another Prem team go for him. Burnley perhaps?

they'll probably sell him? he doesn't look being up to Arsenal's standards anytime soon...

oh and, in the silly pages, the mirror are reporting we've bid for Hangeland

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/05/26/arsene-out-to-land-hange-115875-21389216/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement