Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Wenger has already shown that he feels Bendy boots is ready to step up the plate.
    With Vela, Eduardo, RVP, Walcott & Arshavin also, why would he need to bring in another gamble?
    We are not Man City, we don't need 10 strikers!!!!:pac:
    As for a midfielder if Song or Denilson aren't up for the task, why would we keep them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Wenger has already shown that he feels Bendy boots is ready to step up the plate.
    With Vela, Eduardo, RVP, Walcott & Arshavin also, why would he need to bring in another gamble?
    We are not Man City, we don't need 10 strikers!!!!:pac:
    As for a midfielder if Song or Denilson aren't up for the task, why would we keep them.

i agree, when i said to bring in someone to strenghten our squad, i didnt nesscerarly mean a striker, I think should be a central/ defensive midfeilder

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Im hoping and would be pretty sure that Wenger will use the money from the Adebayor sale to bring in two new players.

One of them a replacement for Ade and the other a quality DM, hopefully anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Ade has passed his medical and it should be sorted out very soon. I wish him the best but I believe Arsenal will be better off without him. It will give players like Vela and Ramsey more of a say now.

However like so many Arsenal players who have left the club I think Ade will struggle. If he doesn't perform within a year he will be shipped off to Italy or Spain maybe as City's new owners won't tolerate it. He will be expected to pull his weight for the team with that hefty price tag. What's 25 mill to the owners? Pocket money. It's not even worth talking about.

Oh to be the manager of Manchester City.
    Tevez, Santa Cruz, Bojinov, Robinho, Jo, Caicedo or Adebaypoor!!!!

Would Ade actually get his game against any of the above:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

i see no reason for him to be there unless city are going to try out the 1-1-8.

According to arseblog bordaux are demanding silvestre in a part deal for that striker. Happy Days :D

SDTimeout wrote: »
    According to arseblog bordaux are demanding silvestre in a part deal for that striker. Happy Days :D

Yay There is a ****ing god:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Yay There is a ****ing god:D

+1 lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

DenMan wrote: »
    It will give players like Vela and Ramsey more of a say now.
    How will Adebayor leaving help Ramsay?
    SDTimeout wrote:
    Genius from Wenger to see all this coming a year in advance really... Silvestre all set to go Bordeaux last summer but in jumped Arsene, paid him for a year and now we can drive down the price of Chamakh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

SDTimeout wrote: »
    i see no reason for him to be there unless city are going to try out the 1-1-8.

It's like the story of Fiorentina wanting Eboue in a deal with Melo.
    Arsene nods while trying to keep a straight face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

Here's the latest player linked to The Gunners....

'Wellington' had a trial a while back and did extremely well. If this goes through he can join the (long) queue of 'promising' youngsters at The Emirates.

http://youngguns.wordpress.com/

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    How will Adebayor leaving help Ramsay?

Well it stands to reason he is going to get more game time now. He is very versatile you know, can play in central midfield or on either wing. Wenger might look at a few different attacking options now. It's great for the team.

He set up goals for Bendtner and Vela in the Carling Cup against Sheff Utd and took his goal brilliantly against Fenerbahce in the Champions League. A lot of things revolved around Ade and now it will give others the chance to shine.

I remember when Rosicky signed for us, Henry was always looking for a pass. Tomas was having none of it and had the courage to do it on his own and scored some fabulous goals. Think it annoyed Henry a bit.

Well it stands to reason he is going to get more game time now. He is very versatile you know
    It doesn't really - he's not so versatile that he can play the 'big man up front' role. Cesc leaving would mean more game time for him, but not Ade.

I hope we see more of Ramsay, but it won't be because Ade's gone. And in fairness to Ade, he never had the Henry '07 thing going on of looking for every pass and bollocking people out of it constantly.

I think the days of us playing with the big man up front are gone now. Bendtner is great to have but we would be much better with 5 in midfield with players like Arshavin, Rosicky, Nasri, Walcott, Cesc and Ramsey coming from midfield into attack and tracking back. Be much more prolific, plus we need a midfield/defensive general right now.

And in fairness to Ade, he never had the Henry '07 thing going on of looking for every pass and bollocking people out of it constantly.

You obviously are talking about a different Ade.
    The year before Henry left all Ade did was stand around with his arms raised when someone couldn't complete a pass to him and Henry was part to blame for this.
    I remember Ade constantly doing it to Baptista when he couldn't get things right, and in fairness new players don't need other team mates questioning their ability, that's the managers job.
    He won't last pissing time at City if he acts the prick.

You obviously are talking about a different Ade.
    The year before Henry left
    You're talking about a different year :) We were talking about Ade last year - Ramsay was nowhere near Arsenal in '07.

DenMan, I agree we'll probably ditch the big man thing, particularly as Chamakh (the rumoured replacement) seems like he's more technical and less physical than Ade. As to whether we switch to a 5 in midfield most of the time, we'll have to wait and see - I'm not it'd get the best out of Cesc, though.

Sky sources: Adebayor work permit is granted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Why ye aren't in for Poulsen of Juventus I'll never know, a very very good DMF who you could get for 10 million or less...

^^^ I dont think Wenger would be willing to spend that kind of money (8-10m) on a 29 year old tbh!

It just not his style, and i cant see it changing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Great decision by Wenger to let Ade go but maybe we should have slapped a bigger price tag on him, Does anyone think Wenger will sign a midfield general? What about Hamsik, Palombo? Theres not a lot of defensive mids that stand out really that would sign for us.

• Advertisement

Jonathan Greening has submitted a transer request and looks set to be leaving West Brom. He would be the type of calibre player we would want at the club.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5435220,00.html

Denman have you been drinking?!!!:pac:

I can safely say Greening will never be any where near becoming an Arsenal player! Hes a decent midfielder for the baggies but a 30 year old player is not what we need!

I mean hes not even a DM :confused:

Unfortunately I'm only looking at available players right now and as a squad player he would be very useful. If we get Melo I'll be a happy man. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Jonathan Greening........would be the type of calibre player we would want at the club.

Is that some sort of joke?

He may be the style of player we want, but he is nowhere near Arsenal calibre, even if our expectations are to be lowered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Unfortunately I'm only looking at available players right now and as a squad player he would be very useful. If we get Melo I'll be a happy man. :)

Melo deal is done, he's gone to Juve :(

Denman,

Melo has already signed for Juventus to my knowledge. ..And what was all that about Greening? We might have taken a step or two backwards in the transfer market over the last few years, but surely you are extracting the urine with this one :confused:

eZe^ wrote: »
    Why ye aren't in for Poulsen of Juventus I'll never know, a very very good DMF who you could get for 10 million or less...
    I seem to remember some mention of this last year when he was leaving Sevilla, but obviously nothing came of it (though I wouldn't have minded). And with an extra year on the clock, I can't see Wenger going for it now when he's only one year through a contract.

In any case, Juve seem to be building again after the hit they took after Calciopoli so they'll probably want to keep him for a bit of depth.

I really don't see that much out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

eZe^ wrote: »

Could be a goer, what with Juvetus getting melo. It'd be nice to get an experienced DM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

You guys want Gabby Agbonlahor off us? 15m and he's yours. I'd even drive him down to London for yiz if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Neil3030 wrote: »
    You guys want Gabby Agbonlahor off us? 15m and he's yours. I'd even drive him down to London for yiz if you want.

No thanks...might be worth a gamble at £5m though!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Sums him up really.

Reports in most of the morning newspapers claim Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor is stalling on a move to Manchester City. He has been granted a work permit, but is apparently waiting to see if any other clubs show an interest. Will it be a long wait?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

He is an absolute **** if he is stalling the transfer.

You're talking about a different year :) We were talking about Ade last year - Ramsay was nowhere near Arsenal in '07.

:pac:
    No, you said Ade never had the Henry thing going on (standing around remonstrating), when he quite clearly did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Gossip this morning says that we have had a bid rejected for Chamakh. Bordeaux are holding out for 7mil and Silvestre.

Don't actually think that is a bad deal!!

Diddy Kong wrote: »
    Gossip this morning says that we have had a bid rejected for Chamakh. Bordeaux are holding out for 7mil and Silvestre.

It's deal of the century , why does Wenger want to 6 CB's this season ?.:confused:

• Advertisement

I thought that this Chamakh guy had a release clause of €7m??? I have read this a few times this week. How can a bid be rejected if this amount is offered?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    He is an absolute **** if he is stalling the transfer.

In fairness, I would hardly blame the guy for waiting to see if Milan or Barcelona (or United, with Ferguson having praised him previously) would like to sign him, rather than heading to City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I thought that this Chamakh guy had a release clause of €7m??? I have read this a few times this week. How can a bid be rejected if this amount is offered?:confused:

From what I have seen previously if a club matches the clause price they are at least allowed to speak to the player. So I would guess that the price has not been matched yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Diddy Kong wrote: »

Please GOD offer them what they want... its worth the extra cash if they take silvestre off us!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Delighted to see Ade go, he was never 100% Arsenal. Overrated too, for the amount of chances Arsenal create any half decent striker could score 16 in a season for us.

Bye bye Ade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

In fairness, I would hardly blame the guy for waiting to see if Milan or Barcelona (or United, with Ferguson having praised him previously) would like to sign him, rather than heading to City.

After doing a medical and agreeing terms then yes I would blame him. I just want him gone so Wenger can use the money to buy the required players needed.

I do think Ade is a good player but his attitude was abysmal. His class is undoubted in my book but his character is his failing.The minute he started to score a few goals and getting a bit of form, he was angling for a move away. If recent reports are to be believed in relation to stalling on the City deal, then that just sums the man up. If I were City and he did infact act like this, I'd tell him where to go. His greed and arrogance are astounding. The sooner the better he is gone. He has never had any loyalty towards the club who brought him from being an obscure Ligue 1 player. Ok, granted other players have left for money reasons, but most seemed to give a sh*t when they were on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Paleface

The Adebayor situation seems to be a recurring theme to me with Arsenal players. Wenger signs a player with obvious potential but a bit raw from obscurity and develops them into a player of world class standard or the certainly the potential to be one.

The media in England hype the player up as part of the whole "best league in world" mantra and all of a sudden agents and other clubs are in there trying to turn the players head with promises of more money and success. this inflates the players ego and next thing he's gone. Past examples include Anelka, Hleb & Cole. Granted Cole was home grown but apart from that the conclusion was the same.

Its worrying to me that Arsenal as a club can't seem to keep these players happy. I can see down the road something similar happening with Bentdner and Vela. Are Arsenal to some extent becoming a feeder club paying off their debt with the profits made from these signings?

Liverpool, Chelsea and United do not sell players in this manner in my opinion.

Does anybody else see what I'm getting at here???

Paleface wrote: »
    The Adebayor situation seems to be a recurring theme to me with Arsenal players. Wenger signs a player with obvious potential but a bit raw from obscurity and develops them into a player of world class standard or the certainly the potential to be one.

The media in England hype the player up as part of the whole "best league in world" mantra and all of a sudden agents and other clubs are in there trying to turn the players head with promises of more money and success. this inflates the players ego and next thing he's gone. Past examples include Anelka, Hleb & Cole. Granted Cole was home grown but apart from that the conclusion was the same.

Its worrying to me that Arsenal as a club can't seem to keep these players happy. I can see down the road something similar happening with Bentdner and Vela. Are Arsenal to some extent becoming a feeder club paying off their debt with the profits made from these signings?

Liverpool, Chelsea and United do not sell players in this manner in my opinion.

Does anybody else see what I'm getting at here???

Yes, i see your point.
    As Arsenal fans it's very frustrating to see Wenger favour some players over others.
    I think Vela should be in our first team squad, as if he's good now he will be World Class after 2 seasons of first team action.
    Sometimes i wish Wenger was on our board, rather than managing our club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

It is an awful waste to see Eboué on the left wing while Vela sits on the bench.
    Rumour going around today says the Man City deal has fallen through and Ade is off to United. As long as they pay the same amount of money I don't mind either way.

Galvasean wrote: »
    It is an awful waste to see Eboué on the left wing while Vela sits on the bench.

Waste????

It should be a criminal offence.....with a minimum 3 month.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Galvasean wrote: »
    Rumour going around today says the Man City deal has fallen through and Ade is off to United. As long as they pay the same amount of money I don't mind either way.

I dunno. Selling him to Man City is one thing, United is another. Even though Arsenal are more likely to be competing with City for 4th place next season than United for 1st place.

It's just them selling Arsenal Silvestre last summer and Arsenal selling one of their best players in Adebayor to United this summer. Sends a huge negative message. Think back to 2003/2004, could you imagine Arsenal selling Robert Pires to United back then? Yes Bobby was 100 times the player that Adebayor is, but it's the same kind of idea.

Then again, he could sign for United for £25m and be a huge failure. We could all have a laugh at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

As a United fan I hope we don't sign him. Just don't particularly like the guy and his constant offside ways.

Fergie won't sign a player that's offside 85% of the time and can bitch and moan more than the WAG's.

One for the future. Highly sought after too.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5436385,00.html

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement