Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Thanks for the league name ;):pac:.
    Theres also a section where you can post your team etc in the Arsenal social group

Thanks for the code Redzer I'm in, team name: The Ar5enal.

I must be blind but I can't find how to access the Arsenal social group? Help!

Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Is it not too early to be putting teams in lads??? I usually wait until closer to the season's start, still a lot of transfer time left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

keano_afc wrote: »
    Is it not too early to be putting teams in lads??? I usually wait until closer to the season's start, still a lot of transfer time left.

Let it pick random players for you. All changes are free until the first day of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

could someone pm me the code to the league please ,

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Glad to hear this would welcome the signing of Chamakh to add to the squad and as i keep saying hopefully Wenger is working on getting a quality DM that can come right into the team.

Cant understand why some people think the squad is strong enough atm to be able to challenge this coming season.
    Arsène Wenger has openly admitted for the first time that he is “keeping an eye” on Marouane Chamakh.
    The media have linked Arsenal with the 25-year-old Bordeaux striker for much of the summer but there has been no official word until now.
    With Emmanuel Adebayor about to finalise the formalities of his move to Manchester City, there may be room for another forward at Emirates Stadium.
    However, after the 2-2 draw at Barnet on Saturday, Wenger would not confirm he would be definitely adding another front man. Yet if he does require attacking re-enforcements then Chamakh would be in his sights.
    “We keep an eye on him,” said Wenger. “He is one of the players that we will follow and if we went for a striker then he would be one of the possibilities.”

On another note glad utd missed out on Benzema, he looked quality when he came on against the rovers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Thanks for the league name ;):pac:.
    Theres also a section where you can post your team etc in the Arsenal social group

Cheers for the code mate signed up, name is The Gooners :)

Imagine we'll have a lot of players in common in this league lol

And so it begins...

Nasri taken to hospital after injury

French publications L'Equipe and France Football are reporting that Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri has been taken to hospital in Austria following an injury sustained while training on the Gunners' pre-season tour of the country.

The 22-year-old was transported by two members of staff, reportedly crying in pain, to the regional hospital in Hartberg. Early reports from the AFP news network claim the player has fractured his fibula and will be out of action for at least eight weeks.

Arsenal face Austrian side SC Columbia Floridsdorf this evening in their second warm-up game of the week

http://www.kleinezeitung.at/system/galleries_520x335/upload/0/2/2/2085394/nasri726gepa210709.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Hes after suffering a leg break.

I feel so ****ing sick jesus christ its unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

That's fúcking ridiculous.

Christ on a bike. And the season hasn't even started yet. Time to change the diets of our footballers. More iron!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

*walks in*

*fcuk sake*

*walks out*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Poor Nasri :(

Bookies have stopped taking bets on Crouch to join Arsenal after a massive spike in bets today. Watch this space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Jaysis... no sooner do we get Rosicky back...

Yeah I'll do a Fantasy league as well, I'll have a time in anyway so just PM me the code.

As for another attacker, a lot will depend on what shape Wenger's planning for next year. If we're going to change from 4-4-2, I don't think 4-2-3-1 gets the best out of Fabregas necessarily (or that we have the Alonso-type player linking the 2 to the 3) so maybe a more regular 4-3-3 with Cesc, Song and Rosicky/Nasri?

That way Arshavin and Theo would be playing as wing forwards rather than wide midfielders, which is probably what they're best suited to. And of Cesc/Nasri/Rosicky, none of them mind a challenge so the defensive duties wouldn't be all on Song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Galvasean wrote: »
    Poor Nasri :(

Bookies have stopped taking bets on Crouch to join Arsenal after a massive spike in bets today. Watch this space.

Wouldnt mind us buying him.......even if he wasnt to play.......just so toure and gallas dont have to face him again :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Ffs who's next to get injured?
    I think the bookies should start taking bets on that.
    Its like our players are made out of glass, so much for having a fully fit team:mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Oh no, not again.:(

I hope AW voiced a few angry french phrases.

Let's hope we leave it at that.
    We still have the Emirates Cup & Rangers to face.

Oh no, not again.:(

I hope AW voiced a few angry french phrases.

Let's hope we leave it at that.
    We still have the Emirates Cup & Rangers to face.

And no doubt we'll lose some players from those games. Its an absolute joke, I dont think I can handle another season of this.

What are they getting fed, Fcuking flogs and candy floss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Can anyone explain why the pre season games are not being shown on the Arsenal TV television channel?

Having a clue mate, anyone have any streams?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

keano_afc wrote: »
    And no doubt we'll lose some players from those games. Its an absolute joke, I dont think I can handle another season of this.

I know.
    It's times like this i wish we had 11 Eboue's we could field for pre-season.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Ffs who's next to get injured?
    I think the bookies should start taking bets on that.
    Its like our players are made out of glass, so much for having a fully fit team:mad:.

seriously every team has the same problems

thorbarry wrote: »
    seriously every team has the same problems

Them problems don't happen frequently like it does at Arsenal.
    And especially the calibre of players eg Cesc, Eduardo, Walcott, Ade, Toure, Almunia, Gallas, Clichy, Rosicky, Van Persie and now Nasri. And thats only injuries from last season excluding Eduardo and Rosicky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

This injury to Nasri is terrible news. It might however reinforce the need for new players to be brought into the squad. No more "if we don't get injuries, I think we will really compete for the league this year". Injuries are an inevitability and another 3-4 this side of Christmas, which is reasonable to assume, would really stifle us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I wonder who will get injured next. Talk about unlucky.

Crouch would be a good signing for you guys.

And especially the calibre of players eg Cesc, Eduardo, Walcott, Ade, Toure, Almunia, Gallas, Clichy, Rosicky, Van Persie and now Nasri. And thats only injuries from last season excluding Eduardo and Rosicky.

of course your gonna notice the arsenal injuries more, your an arsenal fan. I admit that we were under it towards the end of last season when most of our defense was injured... but if your a good team you can cope with it. Man U went a few games without Vidic and Ferdinand playing together. Everton had a tough time with injuries last season too

thorbarry wrote: »
    of course your gonna notice the arsenal injuries more, your an arsenal fan. I admit that we were under it towards the end of last season when most of our defense was injured... but if your a good team you can cope with it. Man U went a few games without Vidic and Ferdinand playing together. Everton had a tough time with injuries last season too

Mate we had Eboue playing at one stage :eek: Talk about unlucky :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Really feell sorry for Nasri. Think he is a cracker of player. Arsenal will have to sign to bolster midfield now.
    And this from a United fan ;)

nicklauski wrote: »
    Really feell sorry for Nasri. Think he is a cracker of player. Arsenal will have to sign to bolster midfield now.
    And this from a United fan ;)
    It's alright we have Eboue :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Mate we had Eboue playing at one stage :eek: Talk about unlucky :pac:

lol, cant argue with that... i wouldn't even wish that on my worst enemy..... wait no scrap that, i'd happily sell him to Spurs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Lucky yous :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

LOL!

It really is a blow to lose Nasri, hopefully there wont be any more injuries but with the emirates cup no doubt there may be a couple.
    Lets hope Wenger realises we need another player now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Confirmed. :(

Out for 2-3 months. In all fairness we have the best medical staff in the country. Let's hope for a return around November.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/nasri-fractures-leg

Am I right in thinking that Nasri was going to be used alongside the holding midfielder?

Am I right in thinking that Nasri was going to be used alongside the holding midfielder?

Dont know mate i thought it would have bin 4-4-1-1 with Cesc and a new DM and with Nasri/Rosicky/Walcott on the wings with Arshavin playing behind Van Persie.

• Advertisement

Hmmm interesting..

Hmmm interesting..

Or we could just have Eboue and Senderos play and we would win the league for sure.
    We don't want to take the easy route though;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Argh ffs, here's to one of many...AGAIN :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Jesus, here we go again. Maybe, just maybe Wenger will buy now??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

DenMan wrote: »
    Confirmed. :(

Out for 2-3 months. In all fairness we have the most over-worked medical staff in the country. Let's hope for a return around November.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/nasri-fractures-leg

FYP ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

I'd be very interested to know what exactly caused this injury. (awkward fall or tackle?)

Maybe Song and Denilson were a bit pi$$ed about speculation surrounding the need for a new DM...."I'll show Le Boss who's the midfield hardman now!".......;)

Is the match kicking off at half 5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jebus, Arsenal are made of glass, hope that Russian fella is tougher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Unfortunate about Nasri. Still, provided there's no further injuries, we have to squad to cope with it.

Here's hoping to a speedy recovery.

The one thing I've heard about this is that you get a lot more niggles and tweaks when you're younger (like 17-23) and then you tend to level out as regards injuries. Pretty much all our players are in that age bracket so we get quite a lot of 2/3 week layoffs.

As regards things like Nasri/Eduardo and Rosicky, Man U were missing Hargreaves and Wes Brown for last year, so I guess those things kind of even out.

Almunia tut tut, Bendtner :D
    Edit: Ramsey :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't think it will be affecting Arsenal's title chances just yet. I don't think Nasri and Rosicky would have been playing in the same team too often anyway considering Fabregas is guaranteed and they need to play a holding midfielder.

Great goal bendtner :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Great goal bendtner :D

I have a €50 bet on with one of the lads that he'll get more goals in the 4 competitions than Owen :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement