Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I think the whole "Nasri only out for 6 weeks" is rubbish. He wont kick a ball for at least 2 months, and by the time he gets match fit (he's missing all of pre-season) it will be close to 3 months before we see him back. Hope this isn't just Wenger blowing a smokescreen to avoid having to sign anybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    But I'm talking about the effect of injuries - ie key players out for stretches of time. And I don't think we suffer any more than any other club in that way - we just don't deal with as well.

To be fair, name another club which has had 2 key players (Rosicky & Eduardo) miss pretty much all of the past 18 months. Injuries of that length are rare, and to have them happen to 2 key players at the same time is very unlucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

You're seriously saying injuries aren't a part of any competitive sports team?!

This is what I meant...:rolleyes:
    thorbarry wrote: »
    If your squad is good enough, they should be able to deal with it.
    jasonorr wrote: »
    It isn't. They can't.

keano_afc wrote: »
    I think the whole "Nasri only out for 6 weeks" is rubbish.

Same here, I would be very surprised. Wenger's estimates are usually off the mark. You can usually multiply them by 2 or 3 to get a more accurate evaluation. So 3-4.5 months it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

http://arsenal-mania.com/articles/3107042/Confusion-over-Eduardo-
    Apparently there is a bit of confusion over the fitness of Eduardo da Silva, but hopefully it's all just a case of being lost between the lines.

Manager Arsène Wenger had earlier today said that our Croatian international would be back "within two months". However, Eduardo himself seems confused over this statement, saying that he's not even injured to begin with.

Eduardo has been told that he will be taking part in Arsenal's pre-season preparations, which is technically, "within two months".

According to Arsenal Analysis, the Brazilian said: "I do not know anything about the statement made by my coach. It can not be true. I am completely ready physically.

"I was told that I will play between 20 and 30 minutes on the 27th July when we play against Szombatelya. Two days later against Hannover 96 I will play a half.

"I feel great, next week I will play for Arsenal, and I believe that everything will be OK."

Maybe it's much ado over nothing ... and what Wenger actually means is that Eduardo will be match fit in two months.

good news, he's not injured, it was a mix up, lost in translation i guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Phew:cool:

What an absolute muppet this lad is, although he's probably just angling for a move.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5449263,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

What an absolute muppet this lad is, although he's probably just angling for a move.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5449263,00.html

"I have friends at City and I hope they do really well - and that they finish above Arsenal," said the full-back.

"I think it's going to be hard for City but they could do it. They may click straight away and it's magic. I hope they do."

Well f**k you, you little slimy greedy dishonest piece of sh!t cúnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

Graham Poll summed Ashley Cole up in one sentence: “[Cole is] a product of the age of excessive wages and player behaviour. He shows little respect for officials and has abused attempts to manage him with snide comments.”

Cole's attitude and behaviour leave a lot be desired and understandibly he is one of the most hated players around. He was even booed by the England supporters in a game watched by Poll, to which the referee responded: "I can't condone booing any player but struggle to condemn the reaction to Ashley Cole last weekend — a player I never enjoyed officiating. Cole is an objectionable player.” There appears to be a dislike between the lads me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Graham Poll summed Ashley Cole up in one sentence: “[Cole is] a product of the age of excessive wages and player behaviour. He shows little respect for officials and has abused attempts to manage him with snide comments.”

Cole's attitude and behaviour leave a lot be desired and understandibly he is one of the most hated players around. He was even booed by the England supporters in a game watched by Poll, to which the referee responded: "I can't condone booing any player but struggle to condemn the reaction to Ashley Cole last weekend — a player I never enjoyed officiating. Cole is an objectionable player.” There appears to be a dislike between the lads me thinks.

Have to say Poll has shot up in my estimations, its a pretty damn accurate description of that other yoke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Its compounded by the fact that he just isn't that good a footballer anyway. When people persist in calling him one of the best left backs in the world, I want to skull them.

He is so poor going forward its criminal. He can't dribble, he never takes people on, its always a lateral pass and then a sprint / run into a crowd of players so that he isn't available for a return pass. As a defender, he is adequate. He is quick, and is a decent tackler. But thats about it.

The fact that he is a twat in real life too just rounds the whole thing off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

I think Wenger still needs to work on his English, i almost lost the plot when he said Eduardo should return within 2 months.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

To be fair, name another club which has had 2 key players (Rosicky & Eduardo) miss pretty much all of the past 18 months. Injuries of that length are rare, and to have them happen to 2 key players at the same time is very unlucky.
    Obviously injuries like that are exceptional - but they're exceptional even for us. And Eduardo (not yet a full first-teamer) was really out for about a year, then just suffered some other niggly injuries.

The closest I can think of is Utd missing both Hargreaves and Brown for all of last season, and Hargreaves still ain't back, so it's not too far off the mark.

But again, situations like that are exceptional for any club - though I'll be happy to be proved wrong if all the teams around us suddenly get struck down for the upcoming season :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Not surprisingly, more childish, spoilt, down right cùntish behavior from Cashly. What a terrible person he is.

Anyone think that with mascharano looking likely to move to Barca that we should put a cheeky bid in for Yaya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Obviously injuries like that are exceptional - but they're exceptional even for us. And Eduardo (not yet a full first-teamer) was really out for about a year, then just suffered some other niggly injuries.

Well that's what I mean, they were exceptional even for Arsenal. Look at it however you want, but because of injury Eduardo has played 4 games in 18 months.

Also Fabregas was injured for 4 months, I don't remember injuries of that length to players like Torres, Gerrard, Rooney, Ronaldo, Lampard etc.

I think with regards to the length of the Rosicky/Eduardo injuries and the fact that their top player received a serious injury last season, Arsenal have had less luck with injuries than other teams.

It's not an excuse, and yes the squad really is too small to cope with them.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Anyone think that with mascharano looking likely to move to Barca that we should put a cheeky bid in for Yaya?

Yes, but it wont happen. Our bid would probably be £5 million, and Silvestre. Total bid of around £5.1 million.

That would be awesome, but jaysis, i dont think i can deal with being linked with yaya toure again lol

Toure confirms arsenal interest "Arsenal are a good team"

Arsene Wenger confirms Toure interest "He is a player we looked at a few years ago and decided not to buy him"

lol im sick of quotes like that been taken out of context, but i guess there is nothing we can do :p

Yes, but it wont happen. Our bid would probably be £5 million, and Silvestre. Total bid of around £5.1 million.
    + Eboue which makes a total of................. 62.1 and a half million.
    I think we have a shot
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Well that's what I mean, they were exceptional even for Arsenal.
    Which is why that can never be the benchmark we take when we compare our injury problems with those of other teams (I think we agree on this though).
    Also Fabregas was injured for 4 months, I don't remember injuries of that length to players like Torres, Gerrard, Rooney, Ronaldo, Lampard etc.
    Well Fabregas played 22 league matches last year, Torres appeared in 24 (and think one or two of those were sub appearances when he was coming back?). And in terms of time, Ronaldo was out for two months at the start of the season - he and Utd were just lucky that the other period he was unavailable for was during the summer break - plus Hargreaves and Brown as I said. As for Chelsea, Carvalho only played 12 games last year, Joe Cole played 14 and still isn't back and Essien played 11.

I'm not saying all these are the exact same, but apart from the truly exceptional Rosicky one, I think they're in a similar area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

So, how would ye feel about signing Crouch, hypothetically?

JPA wrote: »

Good player, would fill a gap. wouldn't be a permanent fixture by any means. If he was cheap enough, then why not?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

Someone told me today that Milan are interested in Bendtner and have put in a bid. Anyone else hear anything about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Someone told me today that Milan are interested in Bendtner and have put in a bid. Anyone else hear anything about this?

I read that on a news site earlier. First Senderos, now Bentner, Arsenal fans must love Milan for taking these off their hands

Yeh Seen it in the Bbc rumours that they are thinking about putting a bid in of 11 Million Pounds Don't know true it is.

• Advertisement

Sounds like tabloid garbage to me, although if there's any truth in it and Milan are actually interested in Bendtner wouldn't a swap deal including Flamini be the business!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Bendtner actually did quite well last season, it would be a mistake to sell him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

While I always said I want to give Bender another season to see how he progresses. However if we could get the £10million for him and bring in Crouch for about teh same it might be good business. I wouldn't like to lose Bender if we didn't sign Crouch as I feel we need one tall man in our array of strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Anh he's a bigger role to play with Ade gone this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Galvasean wrote: »
    While I always said I want to give Bender another season to see how he progresses. However if we could get the £10million for him and bring in Crouch for about teh same it might be good business. I wouldn't like to lose Bender if we didn't sign Crouch as I feel we need one tall man in our array of strikers.

tbh that post makes no sense whatsoever imo!

For starters Bendtner is 21 Crouch is 28! Investing that kind of money in Crouch would be crazy. As Harry Redknapp was saying earlier in an interview theres no investment value in Crouch and its not something Wenger would see as good business.

I would without doubt prefer to hold onto Bendtner ahead of getting in Crouch to replace him if he was sold.

• Advertisement

itsjaybud wrote: »
    tbh that post makes no sense whatsoever imo!

For starters Bendtner is 21 Crouch is 28!.

That's exactly why I'd prefer Crouch right now. He is in his footballing prime and will be for another few years and is a much more complete player than Bendtner at the moment.
    Bendtner might come good eventually, but then again he might not either. I'm fed up with all these 'players for the future'. I want players for now! Look what happened when we signed Arshavin, a fully developed quality footballer, instant results!
    Basically I want a team that will win trophies this season, not one that might or might not win trophies at some point in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

I want us to win the Carling Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Thats the difference then i guess i just dont see Crouch as been that much of an improvement on the quality we already have in Bendtner tbh and especially for the kind of money pompey are looking for him!

I will agree like the rest of us here we badly want and need to win some sort of silverware this season! Hold on to Bendtner, replace Ade and get a quality DM and we're looking good imo of course!

Easier said than done but as always hopefully Wenger can get it right this season with having the needed level of strength and depth in the squad.

DenMan wrote: »
    I want us to win the Carling Cup.

I want our B team to win the Carling Cup, while the seniors win everything else.

Our Main Task Will Be To Beat The Smaller Teams, Like Stoke Hull And Fulham Beat Us Last Year.

Its no secret that I've never been a fan of Bendtner myself but regardles of that I think if someone offers us 10/11 million for a player who's only alright and still only has "potential" then I think it's fantastic business and a no brainer to sell.

Nah I think Bendtner is a great player, really think he is going to do well this season, Future Arsenal Star;)

Nah I think Bendtner is a great player, really think he is going to do well this season, Future Arsenal Star;)
    We'll see... If he stays I hope your right.

Our Main Task Will Be To Beat The Smaller Teams, Like Stoke Hull And Fulham Beat Us Last Year.

deffo, like we did alright against the top 4 last season, we can do it, just really gotta beat the likes of Fulham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I believe with adebayor gone this could be his year to shine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I believe with adebayor gone this could be his year to shine.

I wish I could share your optimism, he's just not clinical enough for me. OK as a backup but not a first team player.

I think when Bendtner is on form he is a great player. He links up the attack well with the midfield, has some quality touches, and can make some clever runs. He's only 21 but i have high hopes for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

JPA wrote: »

Ill tbh

Crouch would be a backwards signing. Bendtner is just as good, if not better. And 7 years younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Emmanuel Adebayor has revealed that it was the fans that made him leave Arsenal.
    The Manchester City recruit said that the fans at Emirates Stadium had turned on him in recent times and he couldn’t work out why his situation was different to that of somebody like Cesc Fabregas.
    "The way the fans behaved towards me was not nice at all. I can't understand why they were after me. I did my best for them and I was very happy there,” the Togo striker said.
    "I scored 30 goals in a season - it's not my fault that Milan, Barcelona or Real Madrid wanted to sign me.
    "In any summer, Barcelona try to sign Cesc Fabregas.
    "But the fans never turned on him."

What a braindead muppet.
    Can't stand the **** at this stage.
    Just shut up and fade away you pratt.

He really is as thick as the **** he runs on if he thinks the fans booed him just because of transfer rumours.
    He forgot about all the stupid **** he said to the media , demanding pay rises etc.
    Does he think this will be a warning to City fans?
    ie. boo me and i will **** you over lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Everyday day and qoute that goes by, Im convinced getting £25m for that lazy cnut was one of Arsene's best pieces of bussiness

Wouldnt you just love to see himself and Cashley going in for a hard tackle on each other and................. well I wont say anymore cos Im not like that :D

Anyone think we should get this thread name changed to Arsenal FC instead of just Arsenal? I mean if the Everton thread has it surely we have to have it :D.

Anyone think we should get this thread name changed to Arsenal FC instead of just Arsenal? I mean if the Everton thread has it surely we have to have it :D.

deffo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

thorbarry wrote: »
    I think when Bendtner is on form he is a great player. He links up the attack well with the midfield, has some quality touches, and can make some clever runs. He's only 21 but i have high hopes for him
    :eek:
    What a braindead muppet.
    Can't stand the **** at this stage.
    Just shut up and fade away you pratt.

He really is as thick as the **** he runs on if he thinks the fans booed him just because of transfer rumours.
    He forgot about all the stupid **** he said to the media , demanding pay rises etc.
    Does he think this will be a warning to City fans?
    ie. boo me and i will **** you over lol
    Check out this from football 365:
    Bless Emmanuel Adebayor. He can't understand why everyone is being so mean to him.

"The way the fans turned against me was not nice" whimpered the poor lamb. "They didn't turn on Cesc Fabregas when Barcelona showed interest in him."

Well, while Mediawatch is no fan of booing your own, perhaps the reason the Arsenal fans haven't pilloried Cesc is because whenever he's asked about Barcelona, he says exactly the same thing, specifically "It's flattering, maybe in the future, but I'm happy at Arsenal".

Adebayor on the other hand, gave a press conference on June 28 last summer during which he initially said: "The most important thing for me is to keep on enjoying my football. I'm staying at Arsenal."

However, later on in the same briefing he said: "We will have to meet with the manager [Arsene Wenger] before anything can be decided. But, as you know better than anyone, a lot of teams want me to play for them."

And then the day after clearing things up for us, Adebayor said: "Barcelona have made a good financial offer, but it is up to the (Arsenal) directors to satisfy my demands, otherwise I will leave."

And of course in April this year, Adebayor famously said of rumoured interest from AC Milan: "For me that must be something special. It is like a boy being told Beyonce is looking for them."

So in summary, perhaps you should have just kept quiet, eh Ade?

All About The Benjamins
    As an aside, in that outstanding press conference last summer, Adebayor said: "I was born in Togo so I never cared about playing for money, my happiness was to play to enjoy myself. That's what I've been doing until now.

"You can see people changing clubs because of money, because they want a change of atmosphere or to get their names in the big leagues. I just play football to enjoy myself. I play because I love it."

How time - and a ridiculously wealthy club owner - changes things, eh?

Said Adebayor today: "I know a lot of people will say 'He's gone for the money'. But I would like to see one Arsenal fan who worked somewhere for £10 and was offered work elsewhere for £30 to say they would refuse.

"Yes, they offered me a very fine contract and I have signed it. Now it's about what I can achieve as a footballer. I come from a very poor city and country. I have a lot of ambition. I've had a career, but I only ever think about going up."

http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/0,17033,8749,00.html

• Advertisement

Quint wrote: »
    :eek:

cmon, he's only 21. There were times last season where we was dreadfull, terrible, fair enough, he even admitted this himself, comparing himself to a Sunday league player. But as i said there were times where he played very good, and had some neat touches. Bolton away comes to mind, also Man U at home with no rvp, eduardo, ade, he did very good in that game. Fair enough he was inconsistent, but if he can get a bit of consistency he will be very good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement