Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

thorbarry wrote: »
    cmon, he's only 21. There were times last season where we was dreadfull, terrible, fair enough, he even admitted this himself, comparing himself to a Sunday league player. But as i said there were times where he played very good, and had some neat touches. Bolton away comes to mind, also Man U at home with no rvp, eduardo, ade, he did very good in that game. Fair enough he was inconsistent, but if he can get a bit of consistency he will be very good.
    Agreed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

thorbarry wrote: »
    cmon, he's only 21. There were times last season where we was dreadfull, terrible, fair enough, he even admitted this himself, comparing himself to a Sunday league player. But as i said there were times where he played very good, and had some neat touches. Bolton away comes to mind, also Man U at home with no rvp, eduardo, ade, he did very good in that game. Fair enough he was inconsistent, but if he can get a bit of consistency he will be very good.
    Sorry but I don't buy that for a second, he's not good enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

I think Bendtner has a lot to offer as a squad player this year. He is not quite good enough to be considered a first team player but hopefully he'll get more game time this season. I believe he will become an excellent striker, but this will take another two seasons. He does give us a bit more presence up front though. He's not afraid to put himself about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

While I can be harsh on Bender, I must admit that he is useful when we come up against those 'ten men behindthe ball+kick the legs off them' teams.
    He's not afraid to get stuck in and can mince it about with the tough guys. It's also useful to have abig man for causing havoc when corners are being taken.
    I just think his finishing, first touch and composure are quite poor for a striker at a top team.

edit: whose been having fun with the tags? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

For £10-11m I'd definitely sell Bendtner, if not I'd hang on to him.

For all his shítness, he definitely has his good moments. He scored 15 goals last season, he can't be that bad.

• Advertisement

Viera linked with Spurs, if he goes i will loose all my respect for him.

+1

I will be shocked if Vieira joins the spuds. Whilst he is technically free to play for whatever club he choses, surely he should have the sense to join anyone but Spurs!

...not because they are our bitter rivals, but because he is too good to play for a team so sh!t! ;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

According to the papers Fiorentina have been linked with a £9m move for Eboue. Also some Spanish clubs are interested. With that much money on offer the club may go for the deal to be pushed through. Be interesting to see will the boss want to sell him or keep him with the new campaign ahead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8168493.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Viera linked with Spurs, if he goes i will loose all my respect for him.

lol thats been a rumour for weeks now and he did say apparently that he wouldn't want to play for them out of respect for Arsenal. Again though I think I read that in the Mirror so it's probably crap ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

tbh, i dont really eboue to go. Whatever you might say about the guy, Hes versatile and is a very good squad player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

shano_88 wrote: »
    tbh, i dont really eboue to go. Whatever you might say about the guy, Hes versatile and is a very good squad player.

No way, if someone is willing to pay £9m for him then you take the money and run its a no-brainer hes not worth half of that

+1

I will be shocked if Vieira joins the spuds. Whilst he is technically free to play for whatever club he choses, surely he should have the sense to join anyone but Spurs!

...not because they are our bitter rivals, but because he is too good to play for a team so sh!t! ;);)

Actually in the past few years he has deteriorated a lot as a player. He looks to be a mid table Premier League player. If Spurs really do want to challenge for a top 4 finish they will need to invest in better players than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

No way, if someone is willing to pay £9m for him then you take the money and run its a no-brainer hes not worth half of that

I would agree that 9million is a good price for eboue but only if that money is used on a replacement that is better than he is.
    We have a small enough squad as it is and we could do without selling and not replacing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

shano_88 wrote: »
    I would agree that 9million is a good price for eboue but only if that money is used on a replacement that is better than he is. We have a small enough squad as it is and we could do without selling and not replacing.

Well im free for the next 8 months, im a few stone overweight and have adodgy knee but id be better than Eboue ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Apparently Wenger is going to make a move for Chelsea's Soloman Kalou. Heard that rumour before. Anybody think anything will come of it?

Possibly Huntelaar too.

I've always thought Kalou was a handy little player. That said I just want to see a defensive midfielder signed, at this stage just blow the entire transfer budget on one player for all I care.

Basically sign a defensive midfielder now for whatever it costs, and if there's money leftover afterwards, blow £7m on a striker/centre back etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

DenMan wrote: »
    Apparently Wenger is going to make a move for Chelsea's Soloman Kalou. Heard that rumour before. Anybody think anything will come of it?

I think with Wenger's tutelage that Kalou could become very Henrylike. He already plays well enough off the shoulder of defenders and has pace to burn. But like RWC says I'd prefer a DM please.

Also rumours of City coming in for Kolo for €15m. I'd take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Carlos Vela has just destroyed the US in the Gold Cup final.

It was a very weak US team, but Vela has a goal and three assists.

I hope he sees some EPL time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

GuanYin wrote: »

He is the reason why i see no point in signing Kalou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Any chance Le Prof will get the finger out and sign someone? :(

• Advertisement

GuanYin wrote: »

He played out of his skin and his goal was brilliant, a little dink over the keeper. These kind of goals are starting to be his trademark. Thats 3 very similar goals I've seen him score now.

He played out of his skin and his goal was brilliant, a little dink over the keeper. These kind of goals are starting to be his trademark. Thats 3 very similar goals I've seen him score now.

Heard a rumour Wolves are looking for him on loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

I'd play Vela over Kalou anyday.
    Wenger doesn't need any more attackers.

I have a feeling we may get MC just before deadline and if not Weneger will hold off until January to see how Denilson/Song get on.
    i'm not worried.:cool:

Letting Vela out on loan would be a big mistake too IMO.

All these transfer rumours are going around about who Arsenal will sign....the truth is we will probably lose more players over the coming weeks. Toure has been heavily linked with City, Eboue with Fiorentina, Bendtner with Milan and Wenger conceded that Senderos will probably leave also. The rumours of players leaving seem to be stronger than players joining. At this point, the money is no good if our squad is wafer thin.

Yaya already said Kolo wouldn't go to City.
    We wouldn't miss Senderos, Bendy boots Or Eboue TBH.
    We need a RB in case Sagna gets injured, and even Kolo could fill that position.
    Wenger won't let him go.

It's ok losing players when there are reasonable replacements. There are not enough decent players in the squad if more leave. On the Toure issue...he clearly wants/wanted to leave in the January transfer window, and even handed in a transfer request. Toure is in the last year of his contract and will walk for nothing next year. Arsenal generally dont let contracts run down and I feel they will cash in now while he is worth something.

Roaster wrote: »
    Heard a rumour Wolves are looking for him on loan.

They can f**k off. Its time for him to be in the first team this season. I would hope his "out on loan" days are behind him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbc5G8cW0FI
    All these transfer rumours are going around about who Arsenal will sign....the truth is we will probably lose more players over the coming weeks. Toure has been heavily linked with City, Eboue with Fiorentina, Bendtner with Milan and Wenger conceded that Senderos will probably leave also. The rumours of players leaving seem to be stronger than players joining. At this point, the money is no good if our squad is wafer thin.

Lets be honest apart from Toure the other three are free to go. Three very very very average players that are clearly not up to our level. Thats been blatently obvious over the past couple of seasons. I know they have their supporters but all I ever here from those who stick up for any of those 3 is (good squad player... potential... ah he's young... bla bla bla). These are 3 guys that are very disposable and the type of money being offered is ridiculous so it would be crazy for a club like ours, in debt and in need of a couple of proven quality players (proven quality = expensive) then its a no brainer to sell. And remember in the past few seasons we've seen quality (Hleb, Flamster, Gilberto, Henry etc) leave and we got reletively little money, if any for them so if teams like Fiorentina are going to pay €10 million for a player like Eboue, well I say good luck to them.

As for The rumours of players leaving seem to be stronger than players joining Thats always the way at Arsenal these days, we never know when someone is about to sign until the guy is practically standing there with the Arsenal jersey in his hands. So I wouldn't be too worried about that just yet, remember "in Arsene we trust" !

I'd want Bendtner to stay, unless a serious offer came in for him. The other two can leave as far as I'm concerned. Toure to stay, obviously.

The latest in a long line of forwards to be linked is now Mirko Vucinic of Roma. Gazzetta Dello Sport claim we have offered Bendtner and €13m.

• Advertisement

The latest in a long line of forwards to be linked is now Mirko Vucinic of Roma. Gazzetta Dello Sport claim we have offered Bendtner and €13m.

I read £17m bid for Vucinic and they are also reporting that we have tabled a bid of €17m for Huntelaar.
    All bollox IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I read £17m bid for Vucinic and they are also reporting that we have tabled a bid of €17m for Huntelaar.
    All bollox IMO.

Absolutely, as far as i am concerned nothing is happening until i hear some solid concrete news. None of this "sources say" sh1te

Eduardo starts up front with Bendtner

http://www.iraqgoals.net/ch4.html

yeah lets hope there's no injuries from tonights game ;) I'd also like to see Eduardo get a goal or two :)

1 nil. Bendtner 17 mins

1-0 Arsenal. Bendtner on the end of a Traore cross to near post.

• Advertisement

wish they had Eduardo in a more central possition still a nice goal. 2-0

2-0 Arsenal. Eduardo. good finish

lol some throw in by Eboue there ;)

nice free kick, thats 3-0 eduardo again

Go on Eduardo. Hope he stays fit for the season. Have him at 28/1 for top goalscorer. Just seems to have the knack.

• Advertisement

4-0 Bendtner for his second, was a nice set up from Wilshere and a good finish. This is starting to look like a walk in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

I'd want Bendtner to stay, unless a serious offer came in for him. The other two can leave as far as I'm concerned. Toure to stay, obviously.
    Yeah, I'd pretty much agree with this - Senderos won't be first choice and it always takes him a run of games to find his form which means he's not really a great squad player. Eboue I can do without - can't see how we wouldn't be able to get a back-up right back for about £5m so makes good sense.

I'd rather keep Toure, and I don't see why anyone would sell Bendtner and then look to replace him - he's the right level of player for where he is in the pecking order, and is actually a good squad player (a la Park, Fletcher, O'Shea) in that he tries his heart out every chance he gets. Vucinic certainly isn't worth Bendtner + 13m or whatever someone said.

Unlucky Wilshere! Lovely chip

3 nice saves from Mannone there :O its 5-0 now Van Persie got a peno a while ago

Any Links To The Goals Lads??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HvbagfmCf4 There you go, were some nice goals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Any Links To The Goals Lads??

www.101greatgoals.com

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

jester77 wrote: »
    I wish I could share your optimism, he's just not clinical enough for me. OK as a backup but not a first team player.
    keano_afc wrote: »
    Crouch would be a backwards signing. Bendtner is just as good, if not better. And 7 years younger.
    Yaya already said Kolo wouldn't go to City.
    We wouldn't miss Senderos, Bendy boots Or Eboue TBH.
    We need a RB in case Sagna gets injured, and even Kolo could fill that position.
    Wenger won't let him go.

Willie you thanked the two posts above from jester & keano which would to me suggest you agreed with the posts, yet in your post you dont think we would miss any of those three players even Bendtner even though you thanked two positive posts regards him????:confused:

When you say we wouldnt miss Senderos, Bendtner or Eboue do you mean that we wouldnt miss them in the squad? As in we could sell them not replace them and we wouldnt miss them?

Also regards RB incase Sagna gets injured, you do realise Eboue can play at right back and is imo good enough and a useful squad player because of this. Even if you mean you would want to sell the three players in question and replace them i still cant see any replacements in a transfer market that has some seriously inflated price tags.

The only player out of them 3 that i would be comfortable with letting go would be Senderos, simply because i just dont think hes cut out to be a premiership defender.

Lets be honest apart from Toure the other three are free to go. Three very very very average players that are clearly not up to our level. Thats been blatently obvious over the past couple of seasons. I know they have their supporters but all I ever here from those who stick up for any of those 3 is (good squad player... potential... ah he's young... bla bla bla). These are 3 guys that are very disposable and the type of money being offered is ridiculous so it would be crazy for a club like ours, in debt and in need of a couple of proven quality players (proven quality = expensive) then its a no brainer to sell. And remember in the past few seasons we've seen quality (Hleb, Flamster, Gilberto, Henry etc) leave and we got reletively little money, if any for them so if teams like Fiorentina are going to pay €10 million for a player like Eboue, well I say good luck to them.

Again regards Bendtner Eboue whats wrong with having good squad players which i think Wenger himself thinks they are! I mean its sounds like tbh the general feeling is that a good team alone will win things for us this season when infact its a good squad that we badly need, in other words keeping the squad some what together from last season and adding to it.

Like you said the money offered for them is RIDICULOUS, exactly it sounds like complete and utter tabloid sh!te, so that leaves us with what kind of money to replace these players with?

Not a whole pile if you ask me to allow Wenger bring in these proven players into the squad that you talk of.

Finally just so theres no confusion Bendtner and Eboue are good enough squad players for Arsenal imo. Theyre not there to start week in week out just when injuries are picked up and they can provide the needed cover.

We all know Arsenal dont have the same money as the clubs around them and we have to make best of what we can afford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

man u fan: i think arsenal will finish ahead of liverpool this year!

oof, that deft chip from Wilshire that hit the bar would have been a fantastic goal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement