Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

itsjaybud wrote: »
    Again regards Bendtner Eboue whats wrong with having good squad players which i think Wenger himself thinks they are! I mean its sounds like tbh the general feeling is that a good team alone will win things for us this season when infact its a good squad that we badly need, in other words keeping the squad some what together from last season and adding to it.

Like you said the money offered for them is RIDICULOUS, exactly it sounds like complete and utter tabloid sh!te, so that leaves us with what kind of money to replace these players with?

Not a whole pile if you ask me to allow Wenger bring in these proven players into the squad that you talk of.

Finally just so theres no confusion Bendtner and Eboue are good enough squad players for Arsenal imo. Theyre not there to start week in week out just when injuries are picked up and they can provide the needed cover.

We all know Arsenal dont have the same money as the clubs around them and we have to make best of what we can afford.
    Ah will you stop, Eboue's not a good squad player, he's pure rubbish, He cant find a pass, he can't go passed anyone with the ball at his feet, he doesn't have pace, he reads the game terribly and spends most of the time on his arse with his hands in the air when he's been tackled and given away the ball. What I like about him is his workrate, he's a battler I'll give him that but ffs if Wenger gave me a game I'd work my socks off too for 90mins it doesn't make me a good or effective player. Also 9-10 million for Eboue is not tabloid sh1te, he'll probably be gone by the end of the week. Fiorentina have confirmed that they have people coming to London in the next couple of days to wrap up the deal with Gazidis.
    Wenger also more or less said that Senderos will be leaving so we should get around 5million for him.
    Don't think Bendtner will be going anywhere tbh, with Ade gone I'm sure he feels he'll get his chance at Arsenal this year. So time will tell but I think it's blatantly obvious he's not good enough. Remember we have Van Persie, Eduardo, Walcott, Arshaven and Vela who are all more clinical finishers than the Dane in pink boots.
    The Toure story seems to be gathering momentum and I think unlike Terry, he could be lured away. I'd hate to see it happen, I've always been a huge fan of Kolo. If if does go that'd be another 15million.
    In total thats 15 for Toure, 5 for Senderos, 9 for Eboue on top of the 25 for Lazy mouthy C*nt, giving us 54million this summer, and the only player that would be a loss of any note would be Toure (and we do have Vermaelen now too remember), so thats the kind of money we have to work with, and if any football manager can't bring in proven quality with that kind of money then he needs to review his career choice !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Ah will you stop, Eboue's not a good squad player, he's pure rubbish, He cant find a pass, he can't go passed anyone with the ball at his feet, he doesn't have pace, he reads the game terribly and spends most of the time on his arse with his hands in the air when he's been tackled and given away the ball.

He's also a diving cheat. Not fit to wear the shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

On this Eboue thing. How many people were surprised when AW bought Sagna because Eboue was after having a pretty good season at right back and felt we didn't need another player in that position. I for one was but Sagna turned out to be genius and that was great. My point is that Eboue is a great option as cover for RB so in that way is of value to the squad. Man U, Chelsea, Pool all have 2 decent options for almost every position so Arsenal should try to aim for that also. Keep Eboue.
    Looks like Toure is gone for 15 mil, this will only be good business if he is replaced. If not we could struggle big time next season with any injuries to our CB's. Vermalen hasn't played a PL game yet so depending on him may not be the greatest plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Willie you thanked the two posts above from jester & keano which would to me suggest you agreed with the posts, yet in your post you dont think we would miss any of those three players even Bendtner even though you thanked two positive posts regards him????:confused:

I'd prefer Bendy boots over crouch any day, that's what the thanks is for.
    That still doesn't mean i find him very usefull over the other strikers we have , even with King Offside gone.

Looking for kinks in my posts :rolleyes:, did i upset you?:pac:
    When you say we wouldnt miss Senderos, Bendtner or Eboue do you mean that we wouldnt miss them in the squad? As in we could sell them not replace them and we wouldnt miss them?
    Well without Adebayor we would be wise to hold onto Bendy boots, but if they did go, no a lot of people wouldn't miss them.
    Although Bendtner needs to prove himself this season and he is still 21.
    Also regards RB incase Sagna gets injured, you do realise Eboue can play at right back and is imo good enough and a useful squad player because of this.
    I realise Eboue is an Athlete & a thug , nothing more.
    He can't tackle, pass or cross the ball.
    Any club that wants a player like that in their squad is going doolally:confused:

Finally just so theres no confusion Bendtner and Eboue are good enough squad players for Arsenal imo. Theyre not there to start week in week out just when injuries are picked up and they can provide the needed cover.

We all know Arsenal dont have the same money as the clubs around them and we have to make best of what we can afford.

Well if your a fan of Eboue , your not a fan of Arsenal.
    He's totally an un-Arsenal like player and has not talent whatsoever.

Van Persie has come out to say "Another Striker would make us stronger".
    You know players ask for trouble by talking to the media.
    He should be saying "arsene knows" instead of giving his opinion as no doubt this statement will suggest RVP has little confidence in the players we have that can play there.
    Eduardo, Vela, Walcott, Bendtner, Arshavin.
    Sounds to me as if RVP misses Adebayor and doesn't fancy having either Eduardo bendtner or Vela as his strike partner.

He should be saying "arsene knows" instead of giving his opinion as no doubt this statement will suggest RVP has little confidence in the players we have that can play there.

Arsene bought Eboue, maybe you should be saying 'Arsene Knows' instead of telling others they are not Arsenal fans and giving RVP advice.

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Arsene bought Eboue, maybe you should be saying 'Arsene Knows' instead of telling others they are not Arsenal fans and giving RVP advice.

He also bought Francis Jeffers, what's your point?:rolleyes:
    Of course he will buy the odd plank, and that is the case with Eboue.

Players shouldn't be giving club advise to the media.
    It makes them seem silly like they are a manager in the making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Van Persie has come out to say "Another Striker would make us stronger".
    You know players ask for trouble by talking to the media.
    Eduardo, Vela, Walcott, Bendtner, Arshavin.
    Sounds to me as if RVP misses Adebayor and doesn't fancy having either Eduardo bendtner or Vela as his strike partner.

Did you actually read the quotes?
    “It depends how the boss wants to play – with one or two strikers up front,” said the Dutchman. “But myself, Eduardo, Nicklas and Carlos Vela can all play the main role up front. So there are at least four options.

“However if you ask me I am not against a new player as well because it would strengthen our squad.”

Its clear from that theat he understands that we have a lot of strikers but if another one was to be added it would generate more competition in the squad and improve it. He is not telling the boss to buy more.
    The story and interview is on the Arsenal website so I doubt they would allow a player to be "instructing" AW on how to manage his team.

Back on topic, if all of these additional exits do happen, who do we reckon we have a chance at getting. I see we are again linked with Brede Hangeland. Personally I would prefer to get an English defender and go back to the old days with the strong back 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

I think maybe we're being a little harsh on Eboue, I'm no fan of his but I was when he was at right back. He was great in that position, won the ball and marauded down the right wing, although his end product always left a lot to be desired.
    However since Le Boss moved him to right midfield after the arrival of Sagna he lost it. He plainly wasn't up to playing in midfield and his confidence suffered because of it and now he's not a fraction of the player he was. He did annoy me with his diving and antics he used to go on with but there was a time he was a great player for us, unfortunately those days are gone, he's not at EPL top 4 standard and its time to move him on. 9 million is good business too. Yes we need cover at right back but thats the bosses job to worry about, there's better players out there than Eboue. I want this team to be stronger not just adequate, and Eboue just isn't up to it anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

Willie, I think you've gone a bit over the top with this statement. I think Eboue is an excellent back-up and gives the squad a bit more depth. The lad needs a bit of confidence and all he gets is abuse. It was not so long ago where he was playing out of his skin at right back.

People are saying that Senderos,etc will be no loss....I agree that they will be no loss to the first eleven as they probably will not start, but all teams need a squad of players as injuries inevitably occur. So we sell these players and get €50m approx as a previous poster mentioned. This €50m will not be fully re-invested as past experience has shown. We now have more money in the bank but instead of Eboue replacing an injured Sagna, we will have the likes of some 17 year old coming on.

I would be in favour of getting rid of some players if we were gauaranteed to replace everyone. I'm sure Wenger could manage to turn some sort of profit even if this were the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

Remember we have Van Persie, Eduardo, Walcott, Arshaven and Vela who are all more clinical finishers than the Dane in pink boots.
    The Toure story seems to be gathering momentum and I think unlike Terry, he could be lured away. I'd hate to see it happen, I've always been a huge fan of Kolo. If if does go that'd be another 15million.
    In total thats 15 for Toure, 5 for Senderos, 9 for Eboue on top of the 25 for Lazy mouthy C*nt, giving us 54million this summer, and the only player that would be a loss of any note would be Toure (and we do have Vermaelen now too remember), so thats the kind of money we have to work with, and if any football manager can't bring in proven quality with that kind of money then he needs to review his career choice !

We may aswell just agree to disagree on whether Eboue is good enough or not to be an Arsenal squad player!

Once again dont get me wrong, Vela is without doubt a classy player but i just cant understand how you can say hes more clinical than Bendtner at this moment in time? Has he really played enough games against premiership opposition to say this? You could be right but to say it now im just not so sure.

We can agree on losing Toure would be a complete disaster, but you go on to mention Vermaelen. I think it was Evil Clown that mentioned it above he hasnt played one single EPL game yet and i personally dont think Wenger will want to throw him right in at the deep end. Toure last season was first choice more or less and trying to replace him atm would be very difficult for Wenger imo.

Finally just say having this kind of money from selling the players you've mentioned above. Proven quality like you said is expensive and also these players usually command pretty high wages. What im getting at is where do you expect these players to fit into the team?

I mean i dont think we will see proven quality players brought in to replace say Bendtner, Eboue and Senderos to just simply become squad players like the ones before them and sit on the bench?

I'd prefer Bendy boots over crouch any day, that's what the thanks is for.
    That still doesn't mean i find him very usefull over the other strikers we have , even with King Offside gone.

Looking for kinks in my posts :rolleyes:, did i upset you?:pac:

Well without Adebayor we would be wise to hold onto Bendy boots, but if they did go, no a lot of people wouldn't miss them.
    Although Bendtner needs to prove himself this season and he is still 21.

I realise Eboue is an Athlete & a thug , nothing more.
    He can't tackle, pass or cross the ball.
    Any club that wants a player like that in their squad is going doolally:confused:

No you didnt upset me at all, in fact your response was quite amusing. Like seriously "Bendy Boots":o

You mention selling all these players but cant back up any of your posts with maybe players to replace them? Or would that be madness sell them off the squad will be fine!!!:rolleyes:

Like ive said before i gave Eboue plenty of stick on this thread last season but still think hes good enough for the squad. You state that Eboue cant cross the ball? I take you dont watch many Arsenal games, do you think Sagna provides a good cross of the ball?

Your Arsenal fan comment was probably the most amusing part of your post tbh. I know your pretty new to the thread and might not be familar with a poster here before called toni1kenboie but your posts are very familar. (btw thats not a good thing;))

You really think like this?
    I think maybe we're being a little harsh on Eboue, I'm no fan of his but I was when he was at right back. He was great in that position, won the ball and marauded down the right wing, although his end product always left a lot to be desired.
    However since Le Boss moved him to right midfield after the arrival of Sagna he lost it. He plainly wasn't up to playing in midfield and his confidence suffered because of it and now he's not a fraction of the player he was. He did annoy me with his diving and antics he used to go on with but there was a time he was a great player for us, unfortunately those days are gone, he's not at EPL top 4 standard and its time to move him on. 9 million is good business too. Yes we need cover at right back but thats the bosses job to worry about, there's better players out there than Eboue. I want this team to be stronger not just adequate, and Eboue just isn't up to it anymore.

Decent post and i take on board the points you made and would agree with some of them. I know you keep mentioning the 9 million mark for him which would seem to greater emphasise that selling him would be good business but i just cant see us getting this kind of money for him.

Like Eboue has been at the club for a decent period now and knows the way Wenger wants Arsenal to play, is well use to the way the game is played in england and is used to life in London itself. Like im just not as confident as you are that there is players out there that are better than what we have and that we can actually afford.

These new players as im sure you well know need time to adjust to the league and living in London itself (granted Arshavin has been an exception) but overall they generally do need a fair bit of time.

I just want to keep the squad together add a DM and replace Adebayor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

It's hope sparky doesn't read this thread before the Toure deal goes through... :D

No you didnt upset me at all, in fact your response was quite amusing. Like seriously "Bendy Boots":o

You mention selling all these players but cant back up any of your posts with maybe players to replace them? Or would that be madness sell them off the squad will be fine!!!:rolleyes:

do you always misquote everything you read on here?
    I said they wouldn't be missed.
    I didn't say get rid of them and replace with such and such.
    If you want speculate that's fine.
    You state that Eboue cant cross the ball? I take you dont watch many Arsenal games, do you think Sagna provides a good cross of the ball?
    Not really, but he's a far better RB and has yet to show if he can play in MR, Eboue cannot.

A lot of people are saying that City are paying ridiculous money for a mediocre player in Toure. I for one think we will really miss him. At €15m, and considering the current going rates, I think City have got a great player in his prime.

A lot of people are saying that City are paying ridiculous money for a mediocre player in Toure. I for one think we will really miss him. At €15m, and considering the current going rates, I think City have got a great player in his prime.

I agree.
    Wenger obviously feels Vermalen & Gallas will do well together.

• Advertisement

He also bought Francis Jeffers, what's your point?:rolleyes:
    Of course he will buy the odd plank, and that is the case with Eboue.

My point is that Eboue is a decent squad player as he has shown in the past that he can be a pretty good RB over a full season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It'll be a very sad day when we sell Toure. Personall and this is just my opinion but I rate him more vital to the team than Gallas. He's worth every penny of tha £15M and more. The only positive about it is that its one less player for us to lose to the ANC in January. That is if we replace him.

do you always misquote everything you read on here?
    I said they wouldn't be missed.
    I didn't say get rid of them and replace with such and such.
    If you want speculate that's fine.

Not really, but he's a far better RB and has yet to show if he can play in MR, Eboue cannot.

No i dont usually its just if im honest your posts dont make that much sense imo.

Just to clear it up for me your saying they wouldnt be missed if they were sold and not replaced

or

your saying they wouldnt be missed if they were sold and replaced

I agree Sagna is a better RB but Eboue is good cover. I mentioned Sagnas ability to cross the ball purely because you stated Eboue cant!

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    My point is that Eboue is a decent squad player as he has shown in the past that he can be a pretty good RB over a full season.

Yes i agree, he was but that was 3 seasons ago.
    Her had a great run whilst Lauren was out injured and everyone thought he is a great little RB.
    Since then he has played almost all games as MR and was simply ****e, and we have seen the thug in him come to the fore and he's been embarrassing for our club on more than a few occasions.

I get your point, you like Eboue, but the fact is more than half of Arsenal fans don't.;)

No i dont usually its just if im honest your posts dont make that much sense imo.

Just to clear it up for me your saying they wouldnt be missed if they were sold and not replaced

or

I agree Sagna is a better RB but Eboue is good cover. I mentioned Sagnas ability to cross the ball purely because you stated Eboue cant!

I said they wouldn't be missed (by too many fans).
    If you want to disect that then go out and poll Arsenal fans in general and stop turning the thread into i want you to explain why.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I get your point, you like Eboue, but the fact is more than half of Arsenal fans don't.;)

Seriously why do you keep going on about us liking Eboue and making out that we are his biggest fans.

Like jesus we just think hes a good SQUAD player nothing more nothing less its just as simple as that!

I said they wouldn't be missed (by too many fans).
    If you want to disect that then go out and poll Arsenal fans in general and stop turning the thread into i want you to explain why.:rolleyes:

Look ive made my posts which i think are pretty decent and easy to understand my points all i wanted was you to answer a simple question so maybe i could understand your points a bit more but obviously you cant answer it or dont feel the need to.

Anyway lets move on!;)

Seriously why do you keep going on about us liking Eboue and making out that we are his biggest fans.

Like jesus we just think hes a good SQUAD player nothing more nothing less its just as simple as that!

Now your responding to my posts to other people.
    i have not said anything offensive in it , yet you still want to carry on this "i want to understand your way of thinking"

And to answer your question to end all this bickering....
    1. Eboue is a thug and a cheat.
    2. Cannot pass or cross the ball for MR.
    3. Loses the ball far too easily.
    These are reasons enough for me not to like him or miss him when sold.

Some fans don't like Eboue, its simple, its a game not a GCSE.get over it.:rolleyes:

Willie, I personally would agree more with itsjaybud. You appear to have an almost militant tone towards Eboue. Nobody is saying he's a superstar, but he is clearly not as bad as you make out. I have seen him on several occassions live, and then nearly every other game he has played since coming to Arsenal on TV/Stream. I admit he has had a few shocking games, but who hasn't. On the positive side, I believe he has a good burst of pace, reasonably good passing and interplay, and also dribbles the ball well. His end product does need a bit of work but as a result of this he is not a first teamer. My €0.02 anyway.

And to answer your question to end all this bickering....
    1. Eboue is a thug and a cheat.
    2. Cannot pass or cross the ball for MR.
    3. Loses the ball far too easily.

Look man i hate having every second post here about Eboue as much as you do probably but to respond with your three points above makes me go back to the topic. Maybe you missed my question because in your reply you completly avoided it!

Ive highlighted it again in my post below! Im not trying to have a dig at you constantly its just if you answer what ive highlighted then maybe your opinion can become clearer.

or

Look this is all imo of course but just say instead of selling and buying a player which as far as i can see hasnt been mentioned yet?
    We hold onto him, can play at RB when needed and as 4/5th choice winger when injuries come into effect as inevitably they will during a long season.

Sagna is a great defensive right back but will never be capable of playing on the right side of midfield! Why would you even suggest hes yet to prove he can play there when afaic he will never be required to prove this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Jaysus. SSN saying Toure to Man City for £16m is almost done. Didn't expect that one to actually happen.

It's good money for Toure, but absolutely useless unless something is done with it. I have a feeling we're all going to be very disappointed after this transfer window has closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

yea, if Toure does go, i think another defender is needed.... not to mention the DMF we all want... maybe Wenger is expecting Senderos to step it up a couple of notches. I still think Gallas is very good though, and the second half of last season he was quite solid

Look man i hate having every second post here about Eboue as much as you do probably but to respond with your three points above makes me go back to the topic. Maybe you missed my question because in your reply you completly avoided it!

Ive highlighted it again in my post below! Im not trying to have a dig at you constantly its just if you answer what ive highlighted then maybe your opinion can become clearer.

Look this is all imo of course but just say instead of selling and buying a player which as far as i can see hasnt been mentioned yet?
    We hold onto him, can play at RB when needed and as 4/5th choice winger when injuries come into effect as inevitably they will during a long season.

Sagna is a great defensive right back but will never be capable of playing on the right side of midfield! Why would you even suggest hes yet to prove he can play there when afaic he will never be required to prove this!

Look you started all this bickering over me having an opinon on Not missing Eboue or Senderos if they were sold.
    You keep on breaking off into your own little "who would replace them & what if they weren't replaced".
    I don't care....i just wouldn't miss either of them.

now can you just please get over it an move on as i don't want to use the ignore button.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Lads relax it a little, were all Arsenal fans and one thing we can agree on is that we want silverware :D.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Lads relax it a little, were all Arsenal fans and one thing we can agree on is that we want silverware :D.

Fo sho.!!!
    Failing that, Bronzeware will do.;)

• Advertisement

Look you started all this bickering over me having an opinon on Not missing Eboue or Senderos if they were sold.
    You keep on breaking off into your own little "who would replace them & what if they weren't replaced".

now can you just please get over it an move on as i don't want to use the ignore button.:confused:

This so called bickering you talk of is laughable, jesus its the arsenal thread like all i wanted was for you to just explain your posts in more detail so i could understand them. Sorry if its after upsetting you as you've referred to it as bickering but it was just a simple discussion regards a player. Once again i just wanted you explain yourself is all which you finally have as in you said you dont care!

That sums it up for me i can finally move on!;)

I think the point he is trying to make that you are not getting is that whilst you may think they are not good enough for Arsenal, that they certainly do need to be replaced if sold. Our squad is not big enough with the quality pool resting heavily in the starting XI. Whilst you might "not miss" them, if they leave, they will have to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Really surprised we're letting Toure go. And I agree with the previous poster who said we might end this transfer window disappointed. I wouldnt be surprised if he wasnt replaced. What we have left is one solid experienced defender (Gallas), a player who hasnt kicked a ball in the Premier League (Vermaelan), a donkey (Senderos) and a couple of promising defenders (DJ and Song). Looks very light.

This so called bickering you talk of is laughable, jesus its the arsenal thread like all i wanted was for you to just explain your posts in more detail so i could understand them.
    Here we go again.
    What's to understand? That a fan could dislike Eboue??
    Sorry if its after upsetting you as you've referred to it as bickering but it was just a simple discussion regards a player.
    It's not upsetting me it's boring me.
    Once again i just wanted you explain yourself is all which you finally have as in you said you dont care!

That sums it up for me i can finally move on!;)

Well jesus miracles do happen.:pac:

Quazzie wrote: »
    I think the point he is trying to make that you are not getting is that whilst you may think they are not good enough for Arsenal, that they certainly do need to be replaced if sold. Our squad is not big enough with the quality pool resting heavily in the starting XI. Whilst you might "not miss" them, if they leave, they will have to be replaced.

I understand quazzie and of course that goes hand in hand with dropping players without backup.
    But can i not comment that i won't miss a player without getting the spanish inquisition from the Eboue Fan Club? :)

But can i not comment that i won't miss a player without getting the spanish inquisition from the Eboue Fan Club? :)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

if anyone has the code for the fantasy football league for arsenal fans could they please pm it to me, thanks

Moving the goalposts again Willie. The other posters have blatantly showed that they are not 'fans' as such. This comment has brought the discussion full circle back to start so I suggest we agree to disagree and move on to the next subject.

*/scours internet to find the latest piece of inacurrate rumours and transfers

Just to announce I've sent around another spate of invites to the Arsenal Supporters Group. If I missed anyone just PM me.

• Advertisement

Here we go again.
    What's to understand? That a fan could dislike Eboue???
    I understand quazzie and of course that goes hand in hand with dropping players without backup.

Willie i couldnt care less if you dislike half the squad i really dont care, what you keep on missing is that normally say one of the decent posters may come on and say i would like to see such an such a player sold to generate funds so we can buy (they usually insert a players name here)

That to me and the majority of posters here is fine and normal i might agree or strongly disagree but at the least that poster can back up their agrument for selling that particular Arsenal player. You come along and want Arsenal to sell these players and you cant offer not even one replacement!!! 99% of your posts are ridiculous tbh.

You really do sound like an idiot with referring to the Eboue fan club.

Willie i couldnt care less if you dislike half the squad i really dont care, what you keep on missing is that normally say one of the decent posters may come on and say i would like to see such an such a player sold to generate funds so we can buy (they usually insert a players name here)

That to me and the majority of posters here is fine and normal i might agree or strongly disagree but at the least that poster can back up their agrument for selling that particular Arsenal player. You come along and want Arsenal to sell these players and you cant offer not even one replacement!!! 99% of your posts are ridiculous tbh.

You really do sound like an idiot with referring to the Eboue fan club.

I was waiting for you to stoop to getting personal, you do Eboue proud.
    Ignored:rolleyes:

Anyways, back on topic....

Do we reckon Huntelaar would be worth signing? Tottenham and Stuttgart are now effectively out of the race, and Real have just given Huntelaar's squad number of 23 to returning striker Esteban Granero. They seem to seriously want rid of this chap and may need to lower their transfer fee demands. I think Huntelaar would be a welcome addition, providing it was not at the expense of the much needed DM and DC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

I can see him and van Persie playing very well together. :)

From a defensive point of view, if Toure gets sold that will be 40 mill in the bank, but whether it gets re-invested in players is another thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Ther's as much chance of Wenger selling Silvestre as there is of him buying Huntelaar. No chance in other words.

I'm getting worried with these sales. I really hope AW knows what he's doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Ditto. Coming into the transfer market, I'd have loved if we were in for Huntelaar, but now we've bigger fish to fry. We need a defensive midfielder. We also will need a new centre back, if Toure heads off to Citeh. I hope Wenger knows what he's doing.

On another unrelated note, anybody heading over to the Emirates Cup next weekend? Heading over on the Saturday myself, Arsenal v Atheltico Madrid, hopgin to miss the Rangers v PSG game :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Some absolute sh*te being talked on this thread... guess that's the silly season for ya.

On Today's business, the sale of Toure, i have decidedly mixed feelings. £16m is decent business for a player on his last year of contract who seemingly wants to leave, but at the same time, I do think his sale would be a massive loss. He may not be as technically accomplished as Gallas, but his pace and workrate mean Sagna and Clichy have far more opportunities to get forward than they would otherwise. Also, when you consider the price tags being bandied about for possible replacements like Haangeland and Lescott, i do think whatever money gotten from the sale will be just pissed down the drain. Gallas and Vermaelen may be the first choice now, but I still think more prem experience is needed in the CBs cover. It'd be no improvement if we went back to relying on Djourou and Senderos as cover.

on Bendtner, anyone who thinks £10m would be a good piece of business is off their rocker. Now that Ade's gone, there is no real strength or even aerial threat in the attacking members of the squad. He got 15 goals last season, one less than Ade in the league when a substantial amount of his appearances were in the last 20 mins of a game at RM. He's only 21, he's 6'4 , he's got a decent touch and he's strong. Even for a squad player, you'd find it difficult to replace someone like Bendtner for less than £10m. I really hope all this is sh*te talk. If he played for any other team he'd be hailed as the next big thing. Yet people here put him on a par with Darren Bent ffs...

as for Eboue; too many people here hate him with a passion. So much so that they are blind to his value. He's got pace, he works hard off the ball and despite his weakness in delivery, creates more chances than people seem to realise. At the moment there's only Walcott for RM, after Eboue you're looking at Ramsey or Wilshire really. Sell him by all means if a decent offer comes in, but people need to realise he wont be as easy to replace as is suggested. I'd hold onto him myself for his versatility down that right flank.

As for Huntelaar: he's not what we need. RVP and Eduardo are similar enough players, i'd only look at getting in someone like Huntelaar when the weaker areas of the squad, namely a starting CM, and cover for both RM and CB are finalized. A buy like that should only be icing on the cake so to speak.

Unt finally: The Kalou rumours have actually been some of my favourite all summer. Walcott's very lightweight for RM, and Kalou doesn't half do a bad job there, he'd be good cover at least and still has a lot of unfulfilled promise from his lack of game time with the Russian Mafia Front (remember, this was the player the Holland FA were doing everything in their power to nationalise). But the more pleasing aspect of it if it were true (which i still doubt of course), would be that it signals Wenger's intent to play 4-3-3 more often next season as he thrives most as a wing forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

keano_afc wrote: »
    Ther's as much chance of Wenger selling Silvestre as there is of him buying Huntelaar. No chance in other words.

Off course Wenger knows what he's doing, come on guys a bit of faith, the only question is are he's hands been tied by the board and Im begining to suspect this is the case.

Also all i ever read is ''Arsenal must sign a DM and a quality CB'' but not too often do I see any suggestions as to who these should be, fact is there are very little quality options available in either position, Wenger is not the type to buy for the sake of buying and I am quite confident if a viable option becomes available and the board sanction the move that Wenger will do the necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

as for Eboue; too many people here hate him with a passion. So much so that they are blind to his value. He's got pace, he works hard off the ball and despite his weakness in delivery, creates more chances than people seem to realise.
    Pace without good control, passing and delivery just doesn't do it for me though. And whatever about creating chances, he wastes them too.
    But the more pleasing aspect of it if it were true (which i still doubt of course), would be that it signals Wenger's intent to play 4-3-3 more often next season as he thrives most as a wing forward.
    I think this is something we need to bear in mind more through all our discussions - as an example, we won't need Eboue to cover the right wing if we're moving to this kind of a system (which I well believe we might be). Personally I'd be pretty happy to take Kalou - for a while, I thought himself and Mikel were muck but given gametime, they've each looked like good players. He's not the main thing we need, but he'd add something to the squad and he's more available than the mystical, mythical DM that we're sick of talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Pace without good control, passing and delivery just doesn't do it for me though. And whatever about creating chances, he wastes them too.

I'm not denying any of that, but there'd still be a void in the squad if he were to leave as there's so few right sided players in there, and it wont be as easy to replace him as everyone seems to think. I just dont want to rush into a sale because a decent offer's there, I'd rather hold onto him another year if we have to wait to get a decent replacement in.
    yahoo_moe wrote: »
    I think this is something we need to bear in mind more through all our discussions - as an example, we won't need Eboue to cover the right wing if we're moving to this kind of a system (which I well believe we might be). Personally I'd be pretty happy to take Kalou - for a while, I thought himself and Mikel were muck but given gametime, they've each looked like good players. He's not the main thing we need, but he'd add something to the squad and he's more available than the mystical, mythical DM that we're sick of talking about.

we still will need some sort of cover though. Walcott's the only right sided attacking player in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I think Eboue's only use is as cover for RB. His end product is far too sloppy to be a quality winger, but if Sagna were to get a long term injury Eboue would be our best bet as a replacement.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement