Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

OPENROAD wrote: »

Now let us spend some of this great profit!

Good to see Wilshire enter our record books.
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wilshere-makes-history-with-late-appearance
    Now to get him to break that FA Cup record...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Eboue only he could get injured while diving. He's a horrible tnuc but he's our horrible tnuc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Anyone know exactly what the story was with the peno the other day? Van Persie was still on but gave it to Ade - heard Wenger say afterwards that it was nice of him to "share" so it was definitely Van Persie's decision... seems a bit of an odd one to me. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Anyone know what the craic is with Eboue? How long is he out for.
    Dont like to see anyone injured but if he's out for a few weeks Wenger might actually see we play better without him with a midfield of

Nasri----Fab---Denilson---Walcott

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Anyone know exactly what the story was with the peno the other day? Van Persie was still on but gave it to Ade - heard Wenger say afterwards that it was nice of him to "share" so it was definitely Van Persie's decision... seems a bit of an odd one to me. :confused:

just speculating, but i'd imagine RVP felt it better for Ade to take it because of all the stick he's been getting over his shenanigans in the summer. that seems to be what Arsene was suggesting.
    Frisbee wrote: »
    Dont like to see anyone injured but if he's out for a few weeks Wenger might actually see we play better without him with a midfield of

Nasri----Fab---Denilson---Walcott

i don't kknow if that would result in better performances... Eboue has matured over the past year and he's much better at breaking up opposition play than any of the above four, and he still has enough pace to be a major threat. i'd prefer to see him starting tbh. Walcott and Nasri do what they can defensively, but are still a but lightweight.

i don't kknow if that would result in better performances... Eboue has matured over the past year and he's much better at breaking up opposition play than any of the above four, and he still has enough pace to be a major threat. i'd prefer to see him starting tbh. Walcott and Nasri do what they can defensively, but are still a but lightweight.

He has pace. No doubt about it. But whats the point of having pace if You have absolutely no end product whatsoever. People say his crossing has improved this season, it has, but its still completely kak.
    Agree with you about him being able to break down play better than any of the above, which is why he should be cover for Sagna.

I said

Nasri---Fab---Denilson---Walcott

as an example, would easily put
    Diaby and Rosicky (when back from injury), Song, maybe even Ramsey in ahead of him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

Nasri---Fab---Denilson---Walcott

Nasri is still out injured for the Champions lge game as far as I know and probably Eboue after injuring himself while diving (idiot) but it is the best thing he's done in years!! Clichy is doubtful aswell so Silvestre could be making his long awaited (ha ha :rolleyes:) debut!!

With regard to Ade's penalty perhaps himself and van Persie will take it in turns so keepers are kept guessing. I suppose we'll find out next time there's a penalty.

With regard to Ade's penalty perhaps himself and van Persie will take it in turns so keepers are kept guessing.
    Definitely not that - Ade supposedly asked RVP for it and he agreed. I've no major problem with it, just seemed odd so I was wondering if Ade's new contract came with a goals target or something :)

Also, a keeper who's done their research properly would presumably have looked at how both of them take their penos anyway so not sure how much good that'd do...

On Eboue, he's actually been pretty decent this year - I still think his crossing/shooting/passing is sh*te (he's always been capable of the phenomenal ball out of nowhere once every 15 efforts) but his workrate and application seem to have improved a bit. And in the absence of a real physical presence in centre mid, it's not a bad option to have a bit of physicality around. I still want him sold - but not before we can afford to get rid of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Oi!!! Lay off Eboue you lot. :D:D

I agree that only an Arsenal fan could think fondly of him (and even many of those don't) but he's a good utility player and he once kicked John Terry in the head so hard, he knocked him clean out.

But seriously. He was poor last season but it was also his first season playing in midfield. He seems to be getting used to that now and is capable of doing a job there as well as covering for Sagna if he ever gets injured and perhaps giving Fabregas/Denilson the chance to get a rest by starting on the bench for an easy game or two.

He's still only 25 and he seems to have progressed quite a lot this year. Selling him would be seriously short-sighted.

Eboue for captain!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

gosplan wrote: »

I agree that only an Arsenal fan could think fondly of him (and even many of those don't) but he's a good utility player and he once kicked John Terry in the head so hard, he knocked him clean out.

That was Diaby;)

I agree that he has improved seemingly this year. Still can't say i particularly like the guy much but he is definitely useful enough to have around even if he is just used to cover right back.

playa3 wrote: »
    That was Diaby;)

I agree that he has improved seemingly this year. Still can't say i particularly like the guy much but he is definitely useful enough to have around even if he is just used to cover right back.

oops, him for captain so!!!!

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Definitely not that - Ade supposedly asked RVP for it and he agreed. I've no major problem with it, just seemed odd so I was wondering if Ade's new contract came with a goals target or something :)

Ya AW came out yesterday and said that so I was wrong in my presumptions, Im big enought to admit it and move on :p

Eboue needs to lift his head when he's running with the ball, he's like a juggernaught, head down and just keeps on running, a bit like Hunt against Montenegro!! :eek:

Wenger has a very high opinion of Eboue so i don't see him going anywhere in the near future. Said it before but cashley was a right dirty little f'er when he started off, pretty soon his performances made you forget, the less said about later the better. I reckon ebe will be the same exept he won't bugger off to them.

I seriously doubt wether he'll ever get much better than his current ability. He's an average player in an above average team!!

Wenger has a very high opinion of Eboue so i don't see him going anywhere in the near future. Said it before but cashley was a right dirty little f'er when he started off, pretty soon his performances made you forget, the less said about later the better. I reckon ebe will be the same exept he won't bugger off to them.

I agree*. especially since Chelsea wouldn't be bothered trying to sign Eboue.

*Oh, but I disagree with that his performances will improve to the degree where we can forgive his trespasses.

I hated Cashley even when he was at Arsenal.
    But at least he had some sort of footballing head.
    Not just im-gonna-run-really-fast-with-the-ball-till-i-get-to-the-byline-and-then-try-and-hit-the-ball-into-the-box-without-looking-up-or-aiming...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

did appiah join anyone? i know arsene said he wasn't interested in signing him but i didnt hear of him signing for anyone else. any other decent free agents floating around apart from appiah and mineiro?

I hated Cashley even when he was at Arsenal.

Why? he was an excellent player for us and their were no problems with his attitude etc...

He was a dirty little fecker, i remember feeling embarassed when he got cisse sent off for bimringham, disliked that, he seemed to calm down the following year then turned into a the less said the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Why? he was an excellent player for us and their were no problems with his attitude etc...

He dived, was dirty, feigned injuries, moaned constantly at referee's -pretty much everything I hate to see in football - his attitude on the pitch was terrible. He was a brilliant full back for us, but a really dislikeable guy.

Wreck wrote: »
    He dived, was dirty, feigned injuries, moaned constantly at referee's -pretty much everything I hate to see in football - his attitude on the pitch was terrible. He was a brilliant full back for us, but a really dislikeable guy.

Can't agree with you at all, we were obviously watching different teams. For me their was nothing to dislike about him until his last season and of course his comments in his book.

Squad for tomorrow's game announced.
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/chandions-league-squad-for-wednesday-s-game

Nasri and Silvestre both still out.
    The only change from the squad that faced Blackburn is Randall out and Vela in.

gosplan wrote: »

Eboue for captain!!!!!

LOL!

and the boards troll of the year award goes to......gosplan!

Can't agree with you at all, we were obviously watching different teams. For me their was nothing to dislike about him until his last season and of course his comments in his book.

Dunno what Arsenal you were watching.
    He gave Robbie Savage a run for the award for most dislike able player in the Premier League. He was a filthy, cheating scumbag.
    Amazing full back, but terrible attitude

Dunno what Arsenal you were watching.
    He gave Robbie Savage a run for the award for most dislike able player in the Premier League. He was a filthy, cheating cnut.
    Amazing full back, but terrible attitude

Well I was at Arsenal week in week out and the supporters who went certainly did not hold that view of him at the time. Are you an Arsenal fan?

Taken from the Arsenal website:

"There is only one change from the squad that travelled to Blackburn Rovers on Saturday, with Carlos Vela coming in for Kieran Gibbs."

Gibbs is a talented youngster but does he deserve to be in the Squad ahead of someone like Vela? Somehow I dont think so.
    He said he didnt want to burn Vela out between club and international duties but he hasnt played an international in over two weeks now.
    Surely Wenger has to give him a chance evantually?
    I thought against Fulham he'd start or at least sub.
    Maybe the Hull match...

Well I was at Arsenal week in week out and the supporters who went certainly did not hold that view of him at the time. Are you an Arsenal fan?

With the amount of pro-Arsenal posts I put in here how dare you ask that question.... :p

Well different folks, different strokes but most of the Arsenal fans I know have the same view of him.

With the amount of pro-Arsenal posts I put in here how dare you ask that question.... :p

Well different folks, different strokes but most of the Arsenal fans I know have the same view of him.

:D sorry

Most people only really turned against him when he left for Chelsea, I remember the last game at Highbury despite what he said, the crowd gave him a great reception and the same in Paris, certainly in the stands, obviously when everything came to light and the comments he has made since he left the club he is hated by most premiership fans even Chelsea fans,and it does appear that he has changed in the last few years.

• Advertisement

Maybe a lot of people have started hating him since then...

Personally though I always hated him.
    I almost cheered for him when he scored the winner against Dynamo Kiev in the CL.... :P

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I loved Runtley up until the Chelsea-hotel-gate.

I've never come across any Gooner who wasn't in the same boat. As a home-growner he had a special place in the fan's hearts. Shame he had to go and wipe his arse with it.

Taken from the Arsenal website:

"There is only one change from the squad that travelled to Blackburn Rovers on Saturday, with Carlos Vela coming in for Kieran Gibbs."

Gibbs is a talented youngster but does he deserve to be in the Squad ahead of someone like Vela? Somehow I dont think so.
    He said he didnt want to burn Vela out between club and international duties but he hasnt played an international in over two weeks now.
    Surely Wenger has to give him a chance evantually?
    I thought against Fulham he'd start or at least sub.
    Maybe the Hull match...
    Vela played two internationals in the last week and a half, same days as the England matches but much further afield. Plus he's the one coming into the squad now that he's rested, not the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

No fish Lasagne on the menu?

I started hating Ashley when he started dating Cheryl Tweedy. (Yeah, Im a jealous bugger)
    More specifically that vomit inducing photo-shoot. You know the one im talking about...

• Advertisement

Pimp daddy cole now that was embarassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

yes, there was a reckless lunge by Warnock who never had any chance of getting the ball. the penalty should have been given for intent alone.

and despite what you think, yes there was actually contact. one of the side shots showed it, Warnock raises his leg and catches Eboue's trailing leg with his shin. even though contact was slight, he was more than entitled to go down looking for the penalty.

For me, this was 100% a dive, the contact came after Eboue decided to dive. And I hate to say it, but I reckon he feigned injury too. Hate to be pickin on the lad, but i seriously think there was sweet f*** all wrong wit him..

Great win though, great to see the goals flowing, long may it continue

What channel is the champ league game on tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

What channel is the champ league game on tonight?

Sky Sports 3

Setanta Sports also

• Advertisement

sound lads....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Missed chances! Indiscipline! Lazy Players! Trying to walk the ball into the net! Unable to keep their shape! Unable to control a very average striker! Poorly organized!

Anyone else think of another way to describe Arsenal's performance tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Its not over yet, but take this to the match thread. Still 15mins left.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Missed chances! Indiscipline! Lazy Players! Trying to walk the ball into the net! Unable to keep their shape! Unable to control a very average striker! Poorly organized!

Yeah, pretty much any way other than you've described, apart from the missing chances part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Get in Will. Great man. 1-1. Posting as I read it from the bbc website, grrrr. Brilliant stuff. A point away from home is still a point gained (especially in Kiev) Villareal will be very pleased with their 0-0 at Old Trafford tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Some honest and decent words from Gallas on SS3 there. First real sign of off-field captaincy I can honestly say I've seen from him. Another positive to be taken from tonight?

Tough match and long flight back to London tonight, will be tough away to Bolton at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

You pretty much got it in one, that game (like so many others) was there for the taking, but we didn't do it...again!!! It all feels so familiar!

Good point I would take away from the game would be that Song played very well.
    Really broke down the play. We looked a lot more vulnerable when he came off (obviously :pac:)

Adebayor would drive you insane the way he can go from being a star player in a game to being completely non-existent in the next one.

jasonorr wrote: »
    You pretty much got it in one, that game (like so many others) was there for the taking, but we didn't do it...again!!! It all feels so familiar!

I agree but they don't call them 'tough away games' for nothing. Obviously it'd be great if we could play our A game every night but no-one does. If we start playing the same to Bolton, West Ham and others like that, then I'll begin to worry.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement