Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

jasonorr wrote: »
    Not this time around though...I think it cost us €10 return each and the fact that we would prefer to fly from Shannon leaves us limited too. Besides all that, I have yet to see a good deal to Heathrow!

ah didn't see where you were located, your options are limited. Over the year I have found Heathrow to work out cheaper with bmi British Midland but they only fly from Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

OPENROAD wrote: »
    ah didn't see where you were located, your options are limited. Over the year I have found Heathrow to work out cheaper with bmi British Midland but they only fly from Dublin.

We can fly from Dublin, but prefer not to for obvious reasons! I checked BMI earlier and they do seem cheaper than Aerlingus anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Predictions for this evening lads? I'd be absolutley delighted with a draw, especially missing three first choice defenders. For once I don't think I'll be putting any money on an Arsenal win though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Arsenal to get the legs kicked off them. Ironically Arsenal will get someone sent of for 'retaliation'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Ive heard this aout the emirates can be a bit quite but arsenal fans away are amongst the loudest and best away fans i was at the reebook last year for the brillant 3-2 where we came back from 2 -0 down with ten men an all the away fans nevr stopped singing...at half time everyone was singing were going to win 3-2
    Yeah but away fans are always the hardcore ones - the ones who sing most, attend more games, and bear grudges against players long after tourist supporters like ourselves have given them up... going over to see the kids play Wigan in the Carling Cup in a few weeks, I'll be really interested to see what the atmosphere's like mid-week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Wreck wrote: »
    For once I don't think I'll be putting any money on an Arsenal win though.

Same, was gonna put money on but not with the three lads at the back missing.
    Probably end up going draw-no-bet on fenerbache coz I dont think it would be beyond Arsenal to nab a 1-1 draw...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I fancy a score draw for tonight aswell
    Kazim will probably score for them I think (not sure) he is a former Arsenal trainee (irony and all that)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

From what I've read seemingly Fener are in a heap as well regarding injuries and suspensions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

cson wrote: »
    From what I've read seemingly Fener are in a heap as well regarding injuries and suspensions.

Yeah and once I remembered that Aragones is the manager I decided to back them after all.

Wreck wrote: »
    Yeah and once I remembered that Aragones is the manager I decided to back them after all.

Yeah, the racist bastage... :p

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Anyone watching the game at the mo? Hoyte is all over the place, we can't defend corners and our finishing is woeful.

... talking about the reserve team, of course. The above couldn't possibly apply to the senior team. Hoyte left during the summer.

For once I can accept him startingh Ade over RVP tonight. Hopefully Ade can just hold the ball up for nasri and walcott to run on..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

i dont get the 4 - 5 -1 whos the dm an whos playing behing ade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Anyone watching the game at the mo? Hoyte is all over the place, we can't defend corners and our finishing is woeful.

:eek::eek::eek:
    ... talking about the reserve team, of course. The above couldn't possibly apply to the senior team. Hoyte left during the summer.

LOL - that actually worked.

On an unrelated note - Kill Pat Dolan!!!!!!!!

i dont get the 4 - 5 -1 whos the dm an whos playing behing ade?

No-one. Denilson,Fab, Diaby will prob all have license to go forward as long as one stays back. And I'd say Walcott and Nasri will play on the wings coming in off Ade

Or there's probably a good chance Diaby will play in the hole...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

in that case that sounds like quite the tasty formation if only perhaps ade was more clinical....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Just found out it's not just Setanta Sports Ireland we are on live, we are on ITV 4. Watching it now. Happy days. Come on Arsenal.

Who said Adebayor wasnt clinical??? :o

• Advertisement

2 goals in a minute. Fabulous stuff. Well done guys. Terrific.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Didn't think Fenerbache were too bad when Chelsea played them last season. Things must have turned for the worse since Aragones has taken over. Good start though from Arsenal.

Bollocks

Shocking defending :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ha, this game is crazy. Stupid bloody power cut made me miss the first 2 goals. Still, 2 more since...

Yes!!!

• Advertisement

Wish I could watch this instead of United and Celtic

Had money on Dunne to score last night - O.G.
    Silvestre tonight O.G.

Maybe when we play United ill put money down on Ferdinand and Vidic to score...

Glad I bet on Ade, Walcott, Diaby to score.
    Just need Nasri, fab and denilson to score now... :P

Wish I could watch this instead of United and Celtic

Sorry about that man. Have you got ITV 4 because it is on live as well as Setanta Sports Ireland.

Our defending is fairly shocking so far....
    We're lucky to have a two goal cushion

No stuck with Rte and lack of decent broadband:mad:

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    Our defending is fairly shocking so far....
    We're lucky to have a two goal cushion

To be fair we are without our first choice cbs.

True.

But Song looks determined to get sent off and Silvestre hasnt seemed switched on yet.
    Eboue and Clichy looking comfortable though

Frisbee wrote: »
    True.

But Song looks determined to get sent off and Silvestre hasnt seemed switched on yet.
    Eboue and Clichy looking comfortable though

I agree it is a worry, especially on set pieces, actually think Silvestre will be a good signing but it will take him a few games to settle in.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I agree it is a worry, especially on set pieces, actually think Silvestre will be a good signing but it will take him a few games to settle in.

Good point. I think Song has to come off at half time or we're gonna end up with ten men...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

3-1 up or not, arse have been pretty fúcking bad tonight

We have, but will be delighted if we get the three points tonight and keep picking up wins while playing badly, we have to hit a good patch soon.

Song & Silvestre have been absolutely appalling and the midfield is doing absolutely **** all to shield them. It looks like we're playing a 4-1-5 formation with two Pascal Cygans at centre-half.

By the sounds of it the Turks must me really bad.

with two Pascal Cygans at centre-half.

Gave me a good smile :D

One good point I think we can take is that Diaby is looking very tidy.
    Aliaksandr who?? :p

Leave it out mate. Fenerbache may be 10th in their league right now but they are no mugs. You can see they are closing Arsenal down very quickly, getting in front of them putting them off. When we have had the ball we have looked very dangerous and opened them up. Aragones obviously had a set up going into tonight which went out the window after 10 mins. Aside from that they have looked very dangerous and could have had 3-4 themselves. The young Gunners have done brilliantly well so far. Song had want to be careful though. Let's hope for more of the same in the second half.

• Advertisement

Game over 4-1 Song assist from Silvestre :)

song song song

4-1 Brilliant finish.

Well taken too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Did song and Silvestre forget that we change sides at half time?

Great game from Diaby. Gave him a standing ovation down the telly

Ramsey to score

Told Ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Are you psychic? Great goal by Ramsey.

Could Diaby be the missing link for Arsenal. Looking at him tonight he was at the heart of everything that was good about Arsenal. He linked defence and attack and covered the midfield very well. Definitely my MOTM.

Are you psychic? Great goal by Ramsey.

Could Diaby be the missing link for Arsenal. Looking at him tonight he was at the heart of everything that was good about Arsenal. He linked defence and attack and covered the midfield very well. Definitely my MOTM.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Abu seemed to be playing in the old Hleb Champs league role - just behind the striker - but a little ahead of the midfield. Although he can have his off days.
    fener were particulary bad. Song was dreadful, so was silvestre. Eboue has to learn to shoot. And as for Adebayor - Wont get 30 mil for him now...

• Advertisement

Dunno about Diaby, I can't see where he is supposed to play. He isn't a winger, he isn't a second striker and he doesn't look like a central midfielder either, at least not in a 4-4-2. European nights in a 4-5-1 seem to suit him. He doesn't look like the answer to the Flamini-replacement question unfortunately.

Amazing to win 5-2 away from home without actually playing well. Usual story really, apart from the finishing being excellent tonight. Our midfield was far too porous and our defence was all over the gaff. We still need a CB and a DM in January.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement