Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

gosplan wrote: »
    Clichy. One of the longest serving, biggest legends and he'll be there for years.

Haha, yeah I was thinking along the lines of Clichy/Ramsey/Song/Fab alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Frisbee wrote: »
    Cheers man, I'll try them. Now the decision of who to get...

ROSCASTLE 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Personally I'd go with Clichy. He's a legend, and the type of player that Arsenal fans will fully understand why you got him on the back of your jersey, but everyone else will be wondering why you didn't get Fabregas.

Bought the away jersey myself but didn't bother getting anybody on the back. Might get the home jersey at some stage.

Yeah I wouldnt usually really bother getting the home and away jersey but I really like this years away jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

I also like our away strip this season. (both of them actually)

On another note big Tones to be confirmed as new Portsmouth manager now. Press conference called for 13:00.

I hope they are not rushing him into management too soon. Hope it goes great. Don't be surprised if Redknapp makes a move for Diarra. That would annoy me very much. imo he should have stayed at Arsenal.

DenMan wrote: »
    I hope they are not rushing him into management too soon.

I reckon they pretty much are. He's been assistant at Pompey for a few years now but I really don't think he has the caliber to manage a premier League side, not yet anyway, cant see him lasting long before he is down in the Championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I hope they are not rushing him into management too soon. Hope it goes great. Don't be surprised if Redknapp makes a move for Diarra. That would annoy me very much. imo he should have stayed at Arsenal.

Yeah I would think this is very likely, read an interview with Redknapp talking about the currrent spurs squad and where it needed improvement and he practically described Diarra

Adams kind of reminds me of Roy Keane from a managerial POV. Many said Keane wouldn't hack it and was becoming a manager too soon, but look where he is now! Adams has managed before (at Wycome, albeit without much success) and coached two teams in Holland (Feyenord and Utrecht if memory serves correct) before spending two years as AM at Pompey. I'm sure he has learned a lot in that time. Best of luck to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Yeah I would think this is very likely, read an interview with Redknapp talking about the currrent spurs squad and where it needed improvement and he practically described Diarra
    Weird, the first thing that popped into my head when I heard about Redknapp moving was that Diarra would very likely go with him. Portsmouth seem to need money, Diarra wants a bigger club and he's very much needed there.

Then I wondered if Defoe might go back too, though it'd seem highly unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Weird, the first thing that popped into my head when I heard about Redknapp moving was that Diarra would very likely go with him. Portsmouth seem to need money, Diarra wants a bigger club and he's very much needed there.

Then I wondered if Defoe might go back too, though it'd seem highly unlikely.

Why to fcuk would he go to the spuds so? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

tbh Adams is getting to the stage where he needs to start managing or else he'll be stuck as an assistant for the rest of his career, he's in his early 40s afterall, most of the best managers all started managing around this point in their career. i don't blame Portsmouth for taking a gamble on him, or Adams for taking it. i just wish him all the best. twould be nice if he could as much a managerial legend as a playing one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Freddie Ljungberg is SkySprtsNews talking about his transfer to Seattle Sounders. I'm gonn a miss the odd game I did get to see him play. Although he has deteriorated severely since leaving Arsenal (and maybe before that), I always enjoyed watching him play

Super Freddie. I was at the FA Cup game between Bolton and Arsenal at the Reebok when Fred scored after a few mins. Was right behind the goal. Fantastic times. Had to contain my excitement though as we were surrounded by drunken idiotic Lancashire Boltonians.

Diouf got himself sent off not long after that. Great game. Hope it works out for Freddie in Seattle. Get his form back. Financially it is going to work wonders for him (5 million pounds) over two years.

If Darren Huckerby can become a MLS superstar so can Freddie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Cesc Fabregas says north London rivals Tottenham would struggle to beat Arsenal's Ladies side - story here.

You just have to love players who can turn up the heat on the spuds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Diddy Kong wrote: »
    Cesc Fabregas says north London rivals Tottenham would struggle to beat Arsenal's Ladies side - story here.

Yeah, just hope it doesn't backfire on him though :rolleyes:

That really doesn't sound like something Cesc would say.
    And considering the source is 'The Sun' Im just not going to believe it. Maybe he mentioned Spuds and the Ladies in the same sentence.
    Thats usually how the sun report

Diddy Kong wrote: »

I would question the validity of that "quote". This is the sun we are talking about. My take on it would be something like this:

Interview conducted by Sky Sports at Colny ahead of the live game on Sky Sports 2 on Wednesday night.

Reporter: "Hello Cesc, thanks for taking the time to speak to us. You are playing very well at the moment".

Cesc: "Thank you".

Reporter: "You have a huge game on Wednesday against your closest rivals, exclusively live on Sky Sports 2. How do see the game developing? Do you feel Tottenham will be really up for it now since your fellow countryman Juande Ramos has now departed and an Englishman is now in charge?"

Cesc: "I was very disappointed to hear Ramos had left Tottenham. When I was growing up in Spain, his name was always mentioned. He is a great coach, and proved it at Sevilla. They proved it by winning back to back UEFA Cups. They also beat Barcelona 3-0 to win the UEFA Super Cup, and last year won The Copa Del Rey for the first time in 60 years. Unfortunately he wasn't given the time at Tottenham. It is a real shame. I hope he finds another club. I am sure he will. I believe Tottenham will be very up for this match, as they are for all their matches. We have our game plan too, and we will be sticking with it".

Reporter: "How is it feel for you as a player knowing that the Arsenal ladies team are playing so well (and winning trophies)".

Cesc: "We are so proud of them, they are brilliant. I am envious though as I would love to win some trophies. The girls are fantastic, I love watching them, when I get the chance".

Reporter: "Thank you for your time Cesc. Best of luck in the game on Wednesday night".

Cesc: "Thank you".

The Sun reporter hiding in the back (lurking) takes bits and pieces of this interview and prepares his piece to be printed during the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

I know the Sun is not a credible source and its probably made up, but I felt it was a nice way to wind up the spuds. Its not like we can actually take any sports reporters serious as they all have an agenda and are all biased in one way. Even the Arsenal website…end of the day its up to you to believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Terrible, totally sickened. :mad::mad::mad:

Don't attach blame for the first goal but it's obvious that this team has a serious tendency not to take games seriously when they're ahead.

Not sure about making all those substitutions either. Good idea when you're looking for a goal and need something different but when you're running a match, there's no point in changing things. Then again though, who could have expected them to concede two in five minutes.

On the plus side, our derbies rule.

• Advertisement

That was a great way to throw away 3 points. Cant see why RVP was taken off unless he had a knock.
    Absolutely gutted

No comment!!!

I am very angry.:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

HOW??????????????

I'm just really sick of our defence being so ****. I'm sick of complacency. I'm sick of inexperience. I'm sick of boys playing a man's game. I'm sick of silly excuses and most of all I'm sick of pretending we have a squad that can challenge for the title. Thats my damning report on tonights performance. 4-4 against spurs when we lead by two goals with one minute left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

i dont think i have ever been this angry after a match. i think i broke a toe kicking the hoover when they equalised. bunch of dic*heads, the lot of them. all they had to do was keep the f*cking ball, and they couldnt do that, eboue and cesc looking for the through ball. 4-2 up in injury time. it's an absolute disgrace.
    high-fiving each other with minutes to go. christ, im furious.

And of all the people to make a mistake, Clichy?

Clichy rarely makes mistakes and its just really unfortunate that when he does they are ma-hu-ssive ones. I kinda blame myself because I was just about to type into the forum that he was my MOTM, and then that happened. I think I put the blink on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

In fairness Clichy was one of the best players on the pitch - I'm fcukin' gutted. Can't believe the complacency of such s shower of c0cks. There better be a big clear out in January. - Ade, Gallas, Silvestre, Almunia all have to go. Bugger bugger bugger.

What's worse is a spurs fan is spellchecking my posts.:mad:

Was anyone else really pizzed off that there was so many neutrals there in the match thread that were having a laugh at the expence of Ireland or has Spurs suddenly become the boards team.

newbie2 wrote: »
    There better be a big clear out in January. - Ade, Gallas, Silvestre, Almunia all have to go.

Ok I think thats an overreaction.

Silvestre and Gallas dont have to go.

Silvestre's only settling in
    Gallas is Captain, he won't be sold in January
    Almunia does not have to go? I dont know what your talking about, yeah he made a mistake, every keeper does, he's a good shot stopper, Im happy with him.
    I think everyone here know's im not Adebayor's biggest fan, but there's no need for him to go in January.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    newbie2 wrote: »
    There better be a big clear out in January. - Ade, Gallas, Silvestre, Almunia all have to go.

Ok I think thats an overreaction.

Silvestre and Gallas dont have to go.

Silvestre's only settling in
    Gallas is Captain, he won't be sold in January
    Almunia does not have to go? I dont know what your talking about, yeah he made a mistake, every keeper does, he's a good shot stopper, Im happy with him.
    I think everyone here know's im not Adebayor's biggest fan, but there's no need for him to go in January.
    I agree, but only because we will never replace them in january but if they were all sold nexy june i wouldn't be disappointed.

P.S sorry for hopping on your message in the match thread about Andy Gray i was just worked up after watching that match

I agree, but only because we will never replace them in january but if they were all sold nexy june i wouldn't be disappointed.

P.S sorry for hopping on your message in the match thread about Andy Gray i was just worked up after watching that match

Haha no worries. Jamie Redknapp and Andy Gray were literally driving me up the walls with there comments. They should not be allowed commentate on Arsenal matches after tonight...

I really hope Wenger rips the team a new one in the drressing room tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

OK slightly calmer now, we played some great football tonight, Clichy slipping is just one of those things, it is a hard result to take, but we have to put it behind us and move on, Almunia had a shocker imo and while he has been playing very well this season, he is not an Arsenal player imo.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    OK slightly calmer now, we played some great football tonight, Clichy slipping is just one of those things, it is a hard result to take, but we have to put it behind us and move on,

Still not quite there yet...

Only real plus I can possibly find is that RVP played well

It's a hard result to take given the scoreline after 89 minutes, the way spurs generally played... and just everything went right for them with their goals.

Don't get me wrong, Arsenal were f*cking brutal to let that happen, but Bentley's goal although brilliant was 1 in a 100, and Almunia still should have saved it. Clichy's slip, a freak accident and Jenas could try that again 100 times and never finish it as well as that. Almunia's f*ck up for the second. I mean catch it or push it either side if you have to, when was the last time he made a mistake like that? Modric's shot takes a wicked deflection and even though it doesn't go in, it hits the post and goes straight to Lennon. A couple of feet either side of him and Arsenal would have cleared.

I missed the first 20 minutes of the second half so I'm not sure, but did Spurs have any chances they didn't score from?

On so so many levels spurs should never have gotten anything from that game. F*cking shocking result, complacent atittude shown by the players at the end of the game, but a freak result nonetheless.

Oh yeah....did I forget to mention the fact that I am still very angry.:mad::mad::mad:

When I saw Cesc push Bacary aside and take the corner rather than bring the clock down, that is beyond me. They had a plan to keep ball and obviously the "all out assault" mentality kicked in. I remember Bolton keeping the ball in the corner for 7 mins against Arsenal a few years ago, and that drove me nuts. Why can't we do that?

I'm still :mad::mad:

Why can't we do that?

Because we're just not that kind of team. I was quite happy when I saw Cesc do that.
    Yes common sense would dictate to keep it in the corner and wind down the clock, but it shows a good desire to attack.
    Taking off Walcoot and Nasri was a mistake, let Spurs get forward. If Song was coming on it should have been for Denilson

I hope we get the spuds in the carling cup/FA cup

• Advertisement

Yeah Djourou would prob do better keeping them out at the back alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

i expected more ranting from people. is anyone else not enraged by the spell binding complacency shown by the team tonight? high-fiving each other with 10 mins to go, unable to close off the game. cesc with his bullsh*t before the game about spurs struggling to beat the arsenal ladies team. the team let themselves and everyone else down badly tonight and this result could very well end up costing us dearly. completrly unacceptable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Really? Given recent history I would've thought that would be the last thing an Arse fan would want;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

i expected more ranting from people. is anyone else not enraged by the spell binding complacency shown by the team tonight? high-fiving each other with 10 mins to go, unable to close off the game. cesc with his bullsh*t before the game about spurs struggling to beat the arsenal ladies team. the team let themselves and everyone else down badly tonight and this result could very well end up costing us dearly. completrly unacceptable

In fairness the arsenal ladies team are pretty good.

Babybing wrote: »
    Really? Given recent history I would've thought that would be the last thing an Arse fan would want;)

Yeah 1 defeat in about 10 years. Pretty daunting record that.

Mate that was the Sun that reported Cesc saying that. I seriously doubt it's true.
    And the last page had a fair amount of rant posts aswell.
    I know I can't really express what I'm feeling into words. It was a good performance for 89 minutes. Then we imploded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

it was quite clear from very early on in the game that clichy was going to do something to fcuk this game up and low and behold he falls over and gives the fcukin inept spurs a chance to get some momentum and pull off a win(because i am considering this one a loss). arsenal a muck and it kills me.

Indie18 wrote: »
    it was quite clear from very early on in the game that clichy was going to do something to fcuk this game up

Why was that clear?

it was quite clear from very early on in the game that clichy was going to do something to fcuk this game up and low and behold he falls over and gives the fcukin inept spurs a chance to get some momentum and pull off a win(because i am considering this one a loss). arsenal a muck and it kills me.

Clichy apart from that slip was excellent imo, he is a future captain and for me is the best left back in the country. We outplayed them tonight but Manuel had one of those nights, would not be surprised if Wenger dropped him, would love to know what Wenger said to them at full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Clichy apart from that slip was excellent imo, he is a future captain and for me is the best left back in the country. We outplayed them tonight but Manuel had one of those nights, would not be surprised if Wenger dropped him, would love to know what Wenger said to them at full time.

what you mean that slip that allowed spurs to get their win. yeah sure why not give him man of the match then. bently had clichy in his pocket for most of the first half and some of the second. clichy was arsenals worst player tonight but i will forgive him his shocker because he is normally quality for us and your right tough he is the best left back in the country.

what you mean that slip that allowed spurs to get their win. yeah sure why not give him man of the match then. bently had clichy in his pocket for most of the first half and some of the second. clichy was arsenals worst player tonight but i will forgive him his shocker because he is normally quality for us and your right tough he is the best left back in the country.

Either your the least imaginative troll on the internet or you were watching a different match. Clichy played his usual cracking game...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement