Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Rosicky out for the season opener. Shocker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Would have liked to meet up with you guys at the Woolshed but alas cant make it. Maybe the next one..
    Oh, Setanta Sports 2 are showing it... at 11 o' clock tonight. :(

Wenger fools me:
    http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=494040&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Two+Years+On:+Wenger+-+I+can+spend+more+due+to+Emirates

Vela replaced in the squad by other new boy Coquelin today apparently.

A shame as I was looking forward to seeing him in action, but there's plenty of interest still with the likes of Ramsey, Lansbury, Wilshere etc involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Vela replaced in the squad by other new boy Coquelin today apparently.

wait.... why? is injured?

Hmm, no mention of Vela being absent on ATVO - so it might not be true. Fingers crossed.

just saw the interview with Vela there. d'ja know, for someone who'd been preparing to join Arsenal for the past three years it smacks me as really od he can't speak English. needed a translator...

Team:
    1. Almunia
    2. Clichy
    3. Sagna
    4. Denilson
    5. Nordtveit
    6. Hoyte
    7. Traore
    8. Ramsey
    9. Walcott
    10. Bendtner
    11. Lansbury

Interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Clichy's captain!:pac:

No sign of Vela on the bench or anywhere from what i can see...

Strikes me a s unusual taht there are 5 defenders in the starting XI. Maybe Traore is playing on the wing?

Midfield four of Traore - Denilson - Ramsey - Lansbury.

• Advertisement

Just looking at previous meetings. When we played Barnet in 2004 we beat them 10-1 with hat tricks from Jose Antonio Reyes and Francis Jeffers! :pac:

lol, 1-0 Barnet!

Almunia beaten from a free-kick, who would believe it :P

Looks like our season is starting the same way last season did. :pac:

Hate the new home kit, have to say... and the last one was so good.

Ramsey looks to be a great talent, reminds me a bit of Joe Cole actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Nice finish by Simpson. 1-1.

Joe Cole??

He looks class alright but reminds me of Fabregas and Beckham.

1-1, Simpson equalises with an assist from Wilshere. Wilshere looks quality.

Joe Cole??

He looks class alright but reminds me of Fabregas and Beckham.

1-1, Simpson equalises with an assist from Wilshere. Wilshere looks quality.

I dunno it was something in the way he was doing those turns and dribbling that made me think that, and yeah like Fabregas too.

Wilshere looks great, who needs Hleb!:P

Goal from Barazite! He's been impressive too

2-1, brilliant goal. Started by Wilshere, setup by Simpson and put away smartly by Barazite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

2-1 nice finish by Barazite. Simpson with the assist.

Lads, who's the co-commentator on Arsenal TV, wrecking my head here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

According to the Arsenal website his name is Trevor Harris.

Good to see the young fellas keeping their bottle and making a good come back.

Wenger said after the match today that he is in the market for new players.

Wenger said after the match today that he is in the market for new players.

cryptic as ever.

will that supposed €100 million bid for Kaka lead to them getting what they want for Adebayor finally? I know they (Milan) have said they are no longer buying, but if Kaka leaves they are going to be short up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

DenMan wrote: »
    According to the Arsenal website his name is Trevor Harris.

Nope the co-commentator was Martin Hays, ,main commentator was Trevor Harris.

• Advertisement

cryptic as ever.

will that supposed €100 million bid for Kaka lead to them getting what they want for Adebayor finally? I know they (Milan) have said they are no longer buying, but if Kaka leaves they are going to be short up front.

Arsene gave the impression that Adebayor will stay with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1766_3837584,00.html

Wow, there's something I didnt expect...:rolleyes:

I noticed we used 3 goalkeepers today. Did Manonne get injured?

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Nope the co-commentator was Martin Hays, ,main commentator was Trevor Harris.

Yep you are right there, I didn't read it properly, co-commenter. Ex Arsenal pro.

On transfers, he said: "You can expect signings. We're on the market. If there's a good opportunity we'll take it."

On Hleb, Wenger said: "Comfortable [with it] no. He had an opportunity to leave. I would have loved him to stay. Players are in a strong position. But we planned to bring Nasri in for some time."

A Hleb replacement coming perhaps?

• Advertisement

the truth as to why Hleb was signed has emerged.

from Skysports.com
    Barcelona new boy Alexander Hleb is ready to incur the wrath of old club Arsenal by hinting Cesc Fabregas could join him at Camp Nou.

Hleb secured his move to Barcelona earlier this week after deciding to leave Arsenal for a new challenge.

The Belarus international says former Gunners team-mate Fabregas has told him a lot about Barca having come through the youth ranks at the Catalan outfit before making the move to Arsenal.

Hleb claims Fabregas is still a big fan of Barcelona and he believes there is a possibility the pair could be reunited at Camp Nou.
    Information
    "He [Fabregas] told me lots of things [about Barcelona], his time in the academy with players like Pique, Messi and so on," Hleb told Barcelona's official website.

"He loves this club, and though he's at Arsenal, who knows, maybe one day he'll come back here."

ok, i'm exaggerating but from reading this I've no doubt in my mind that at least part of the motivations for signing Hleb was his close relationship with Cesc. I think we'll begin to hear a lot more sh*t like this over the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Fabregas is always going to go to Barca, can't see him leaving while Wenger is around though.

PHB wrote: »
    Fabregas is always going to go to Barca, can't see him leaving while Wenger is around though.

I dunno. if the Gunners don't improve on last season fairly lively i think Cesc might be willing to listen as early as next season. with each season without a trophy the sheen comes off Wenger a bit more.

From the Barca official website. Classy.

So, how many more times do we have to hear them try unsettle our star players before we can get the powers that be to STFU?

We should never have sold them Henry, they seem to think we're their bloody feeder club now

Here's an post-match interview with the gaffer from yesterday. With thanks to arseblog and luther

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid958992159?bctid=1676208215

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Here's an post-match interview with the gaffer from yesterday. With thanks to arseblog and luther

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid958992159?bctid=1676208215

did anyone notice the strange wry smile that came across his face when talking about Adebayor? I wonder what it signifies... it certainly came across as an 'i know more than you' smugness i felt.

Smug and Wenger in the same sentece? :eek: surely not! I wouldn't read too much into it. The whole interview seems very relaxed and lighthearted. No stress for him for 3 weeks at least!

Sky Sports News reporter: "Can we expect more signings?"
    Wenger: "You can expect. If you like."

Classic.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Sky Sports News reporter: "Can we expect more signings?"
    Wenger: "You can expect. If you like."

Classic.

Wenger has the most under-rated sense of humour in football. :D

• Advertisement

Tottenham possibly making a move for Arshavin after they finalize selling the four players to Sunderland. Does anybody think Wenger will make a move for him now or is heading down the lane? I would rather him go to Arsenal but is Wenger looking for him?

DenMan wrote: »
    is Wenger looking for him?

you're asking in the wrong place. in fact if you asked the man himself i doubt he'd tell you.

personally i don't think he's needed, although i think Pepe and others here disagree with me on this. I think Wenger will give Rosicky a final chance before getting in another attacking midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i think the wages he would require would put him way out of Arsenals range, would they not?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i think the wages he would require would put him way out of Arsenals range, would they not?

perhaps, but i wouldn't say this is necessarily the case. Arshavin is hankering for a move to a big Champions League side, Barcelona have already said they can't/won't pay him what he's on at Zenit, yet he still wants to go there. he's already minted anyway, i wouldn't be surprised if it turns out he takes a pay cut should he decide to leave. I'd hazard that if the Gunners were the only champions league side in for him (as barca now looks extremely unlikely now they have Hleb), he'd take the pay cut ahead of going to the likes of Tottenham or Newscastle.

but i'm just speculating.

If Tottenham can afford to pay his wages, then so can Arsenal.

I think we might get away with not signing him, but we'd undoubtedly be a lot more likely to win trophies if we signed him. If Rosicky can't maintain his fitness again next season, there's a good chance we'll struggle as we'll be looking to Nasri and Walcott to replace Hleb's contribution to the team (well, probably replace it AND more, because we didn't actually win anything last season).

Thought right now if I could only have one player it'd be a big, powerful defensive player. The defensive spine of the team is the area that needs most work IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Ade turned up for training, nothing more.

If Tottenham can afford to pay his wages, then so should Arsenal.

Fixed that for ya. Except our board arent as liberal with the cash as the Spurs one.

Read in the paper today that Wenger wants Walcott to really challenge for a 1st team place this season.

Arsenal pay way more on wages than Spurs.

If Theo can perform for a whole season like he did in the run in last season, then we're laughing. Trouble is whenever he plays whoever plays on the left wing needs to be at their creative best because Theo won't create a great deal. Puts a lot of pressure on Rosicky/Nasri.

Arsenal pay way more on wages than Spurs.

If Theo can perform for a whole season like he did in the run in last season, then we're laughing. Trouble is whenever he plays whoever plays on the left wing needs to be at their creative best because Theo won't create a great deal. Puts a lot of pressure on Rosicky/Nasri.

Wonder if we will see much of Traore this season, looks like he will be playing left midfielder.

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Wonder if we will see much of Traore this season, looks like he will be playing left midfielder.

was that not more a case of not having a full squad to select from?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement