Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Starting team for today:

Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Toure, Silvestre, Clichy, Denilson, Fabregas, Song Billong, Diaby, Adebayor, Bendtner

Subs: Fabianski, Nasri, Van Persie, Vela, Walcott, Ramsey, Djourou.

Let's get back to winning ways today. Come on Arsenal. Strong bench for the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

dont believe it, one nil to stoke, from a delap throw in!!!!

Dunno if toure is to blame, i thought he was being fouled at the backpost but
    still our weak centre has been exposed again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

PHB wrote: »
    The thing I find hilarious is that people think that Wenger has loads of money to spend, but chooses not to spend it. Ultimately, I think thats bs. He is severly restricted by the board who are desperate to make profits even during this transitional financial situation.

The accounts don't appear to back this up, the board continue to state that funds are available. However Arsenal as a club have a policy of only spending money that they HAVE unlike lots of teams. A good policy considering the economic climate. For some reason Arsene does not want to spend the money.

another delap throw in, guess what? another stoke goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

And now van persies off. This is fcukin' unreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

was rvp a straight red?

he'll miss the villa game if it was

newbie2 wrote: »
    And now van persies off. This is fcukin' unreal

I know man, did you see it?? what was he doing like? holy crap

Helix wrote: »
    was rvp a straight red?

he'll miss the villa game if it was

ya straight red, it was needless, keeper picked up the ball after a chested backpass and robin charges over and busts into him with his shoulder/elbow.

Atleast Cesc got rid of the stupid haircut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Is the game on telly?

• Advertisement

ya straight red, it was needless, keeper picked up the ball after a chested backpass and robin charges over and busts into him with his shoulder/elbow.

lovely jubbley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

So thats Van Persie and most likely Adebayor out for Utd. as well as this absolute disaster of a game, splendid.

no its not bud, it can be found on some websites tho.

Theo just taken off with his arm in a sling,

Clichy just scored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

fcuking disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

Oh god is all that can be said.......looks like eboue right wing and vela and bendtner up front against United!!?!! That could be a serious thumping.....He has got to spend in january at least a new centre back and DMC at the very least

i cant believe were already at the stage where it makes no odds to me how chelsea and united do and finding myself hoping Villa drop points every week....

• Advertisement

Oh god is all that can be said.......looks like eboue right wing and vela and bendtner up front against United!!?!! That could be a serious thumping.....He has got to spend in january at least a new centre back and DMC at the very least

Something gotta be done. Our season is just falling apart (rather earlier than usual)

The only good thing to come out of today is Gael scoring. Everything else is sh1t. I'm not even going to bother watching this on football first. I've said it before in this thread and i'm going to say it again. Mid table glory by christmas. :(

We've now dropped points against the 2 teams promoted, Sunderland (14th), tottenham (last) and Fulham (15th). I can't wait for the 'top of the table' clashes.

whats gone so wrong with the defence this year?its the same 4 like......is it they miss having flamini track back or their weakness at set pieces/high balls has got found out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Hahaha i can't believe Clichy actually scored! And i had just turned the stream off like 30 seconds before hand. What a **** time to get his first goal.

Don't think the game coulda gone any worse, really really bad.

whats gone so wrong with the defence this year?its the same 4 like......is it they miss having flamini track back or their weakness at set pieces/high balls has got found out?
    They had all week to prepare for the Rory Delap throw ins - nothing doing. I can't blame Sagna or Clichy. But the other two clowns need a bollocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

WENGER OUT!!!!!!

Im pretty sure Toure was caught in no mans land for Stokes second goal, now
    to be fair the ball took TWO deflections off the goalscorer, pretty sure the second deflection was off his arm too but still no excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

2 Words - Mikael Silvestre. There was a reason United only played him at LB the last couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

JPA wrote: »
    2 Words - Mikael Silvestre. There was a reason United only played him at LB the last couple of years.

dodge as hell

thank god utd got rid of him

Jebus - I'm still fcuking livid. There better be some serious money spent in January - Silvestre is a waste of a free transfer and gallas and Toure are gobsh1tes. GGRRRRRR

WENGER OUT!!!!!!

Prepare for the "Arsene Knows" brigade attack you asap!!!

Jesus man I hinted at this after the Spuds game midweek almost got murdered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Prepare for the "Arsene Knows" brigade attack you asap!!!

Jesus man I hinted at this after the Spuds game midweek almost got murdered.

In fairness, I was extracting the urine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

newbie2 wrote: »
    Jebus - I'm still fcuking livid. There better be some serious money spent in January - Silvestre is a waste of a free transfer and gallas and Toure are gobsh1tes. GGRRRRRR
    what has happened Toure i taught he was rock in the back for Arsenal

maybe he's like Rio needs a proper defender beside him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

WENGER OUT!!!!!!

Grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

JPA wrote: »

Lol he's takin them down from the inside!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well your season is as good as over regarding the PL, but CL could yet bring some cheer. That said Wenger cannot sustain his youth first policy and remain a credible coach.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Didn't expect Arsenal to implode like this. :eek:

Somebody hand Wenger some alka seltzer's before he gets sick again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

**** sake... this season is not looking a good one. ordinarily 9 points behind at this stage of the season wouldn't be the end of the world, but given the vulnerabilities of this team (and the consistency at which they appear) i think that's game over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

**** sake... this season is not looking a good one. ordinarily 9 points behind at this stage of the season wouldn't be the end of the world, but given the vulnerabilities of this team (and the consistency at which they appear) i think that's game over.

Especially considering you're the only big 4 team yet to play one of the other 3. You had the easiest starting fixture list of the big 4. The clashes against rivals are now more important than ever if you want a chance.

Utd next week...... O GOD

Just read that Cesc might have picked up his 5th yellow of the season, this mean he's out
    of the Manure match???

Wreck wrote: »
    Grow up.

although i fully respect your opinion wreck and in fairness Arsene Wenger should not be fully answerable to whatever is going on at the moment, however we are coming to a crossroads at arsenal Fc and i believe ruthless decisions are going to have to be made and heads should roll if this young team are to achieve their potential.
    This young team has no leadership and it is the senior most players that are making most of the mistakes. William Gallas in my opinion is a self obsessed egotistical knob who cares about one man and one man only - William Gallas! He is not fit to captain this club or even play for it. He hasnt done his job. He wouldnt get away with it at United or Chelsea.

Almunia has never been trustworthy and that wasn't just proved wednesday night but on other occasions most notably when he probably cost us our nearest chance of winning a european cup, as he let in goals v barca that really he should have done better with.

in fairness to kolo it could be a case of exhaustion as he had busy schedule last year + the bout of malaria will not have done him good.

Silvestre, although is has been thrown in to a club with unbelivable defense problems and hasnt played an awful lot of games for us, should be doing better.

I do wonder are these the calibre of player we need to lead Arsenal FC, a club which has set unbelievably high standards for themselves over the years. the new stadium was intended to generate revenue for the club and although it is doing that wenger stated over the summer that he is constrained in the transfer market as the club are paying a mortgage on it.

things are coming to a head. the board have to decide what they want out of this football club. to collect their dividends every year and hope we'll at least come 4th, or do they want to give this club every chance of becoming the biggest and best in the world for a change. no one is suggesting break the bank but bloody back the team and the man who built the team or get out!

On the other hand if it is a case of Wenger believing that this team can achieve their potential with THAT DEFENCE! Then perhaps.....he has taken us as far as he can take us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Utd next week...... O GOD

Just read that Cesc might have picked up his 5th yellow of the season, this mean he's out
    of the Manure match???

premier league site says today's card was his fourth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Was playing a match today so couldnt see it. Thought I heard wrong when the guy on the radio said we lost. Sickening Losing to Fulham, Spuds, Hull and Stoke?
    Yeah, serious title challenge this year...

• Advertisement

premier league site says today's card was his fourth.

Thats a relief, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Thats a relief, cheers

I'm not so sure it really matters to be honest!

We're in serious trouble regarding Villa.
    I fully expect them to win tomorrow which will put them 3 points ahead of us.
    Then if I'm honest I really don't think we'll get anything out of the United game. Whereas Villa have Boro which they should win.
    So that means they could be 6 points ahead of us before we even get to play them...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

It'll be ok, we'll beat a very ordinary Fenerbache team on Wednesday and AW will tell us we're world beaters. I have to agree with Frisbee, we are really gonna struggle to finish top 4 this season. And before I hear "hang on its only November" from everybody, yeah it is. And we've lost 3 games in our easiest start to a season in years. Where is the evidence its going to get better? We've a manager who simply will not spend money and insists on playing young inexperienced players who are simpy not up to it. Arsene knows? Yeah, he knows how sacrifice success out of his own stubborness to change his policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I know results aren't going the way of Arsenal but still only 6 points behind the leaders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Frisbee wrote: »
    Was playing a match today so couldnt see it. Thought I heard wrong when the guy on the radio said we lost. Sickening Losing to Fulham, Spuds, Hull and Stoke?
    Yeah, serious title challenge this year...

It might have felt like a loss but it wasn't!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lads, getting rid of Wenger would seem like a huge mistake imo. It's not just that I think ye are only a year or two / player or two short of winning it all - who the **** would you bring in with better credentials?

From what I can gather from the outside looking in, this is really year 2 or 3 of the second phase in his reign and the building of his second Arsenal team (if team one was Vieira, Henry, Pires, Campbell, etc...). And the margins for error are slimmer than they were back in 1998. Keep the faith. At least ye will have some nice football to watch while you wait! ;)

OK just watched the stoke game on Football first. Fcuking Almunia is to lame for both the goals. ifyou look at how other keepers have delt with the delap threat - coming for the ball- almunia did nt' get near them - the second one is embarressing. 3 game lost already IT DOESNT BOWD WELL. i'm drunk and am in tears.

almunia is dodgy at the best of times, id nearly say hed be a priority for you before a flamini replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

So it looks like we may be without Adebayor, RvP an Walcott for the game against United. its on sky Sports One at 12:45
    Hmm... may go to work that day.

Galvasean wrote: »
    So it looks like we may be without Adebayor, RvP an Walcott for the game against United. its on sky Sports One at 12:45
    Hmm... may go to work that day.

Sagna and Eboue, our two right backs aswell. So team could look like:

Almunia
    Djourou---Song---Toure---Clichy
    Nasri---Fab---Denilson---Diaby
    Vela---Bendtner

As much as Im psyched at Vela possibly getting a start I dont think Wenger will risk it. More likely play Bendtner up front on his own with Diaby in behind him with I dunno who on the left...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement