Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Frisbee wrote: »
    Sagna and Eboue, our two right backs aswell. So team could look like:

Almunia
    Djourou---Song---Toure---Clichy
    Nasri---Fab---Denilson---Diaby
    Vela---Bendtner

As much as Im psyched at Vela possibly getting a start I dont think Wenger will risk it. More likely play Bendtner up front on his own with Diaby in behind him with I dunno who on the left...

Maybe put Denilson on the left, slot Song into the middle and put Silvestre in CB with Toure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Galvasean wrote: »
    Maybe put Denilson on the left, slot Song into the middle and put Silvestre in CB with Toure?

Completely forgot about Silvestre!
    Yeah that sounds better alright, really doesnt leave much depth on the bench if we need to make a change though. Still not up on Paddy Power, I wonder what odds they're gonna give us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

IMO the biggest blow by a counrty mile is Sagna out. Last time we played Arsenal we hockied them because we exploited their weak full backs, its always been what United do against Arsenal. Sagna being out is a massive boost for United. Van Persie and Walcott are just bonuses

Losing Sagna wouldn't have been that bad if Eboue had have been fit. He's quite a good right back. Very Worried about whoever is going to go in there now though. Djourou/Song etc. Not sure if they'll be up to it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Toure is a better RB than Eboue so I'd hope he's put there.

There's always Ogogo...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

He couldn't get a deal with Nottingham Forest, although I suppose these days that might not necessarily disqualify you from being good enough to defend for Arsenal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

http://gunnerblog.com/?p=1180

Not a huge amount in here that's new or shocking in terms of last summer's transfer activity, but he makes an interesting point towards the end:
    If I believed we could retain all of these youngsters until 2011, I am sure we might be able to mount a serious challenge for the major prizes around then. But as Hleb and Flamini’s departures indicate, that will not be possible...

I hope the board get out there now and appoint a tough, football-savvy CEO -and, crucially, that they make the appointment without Arsene’s input. The manager shouldn’t be hiring his own boss. If we don’t bring in someone who can regulate Arsene’s stubborn principle-driven methods with a bit of harsh reality, the downward spiral of the team will continue.

Arsene knows. He knows an awful lot. But he is not God...

Arsene has come in for plenty of criticism, and I can understand why. Player acquisition is a huge part of modern football management. However, despite what some might suggest, we do have one of the world’s greatest managers. Now, it is simply time for him to prove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

yeah i agree i think ppl are starting to get genuinely worried because if it was a case of just waiting until the summer an buying two/three players an then starting next season genuinely challenging that would be one thing but one fears a bad season this year could lead to cesc, ade a few others clamouring to leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

yeah i agree i think ppl are starting to get genuinely worried because if it was a case of just waiting until the summer an buying two/three players an then starting next season genuinely challenging that would be one thing but one fears a bad season this year could lead to cesc, ade a few others clamouring to leave

I felt that was all we had to do last summer to be honest (and we didn't)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Maybe missing out on Europe this year will be the kick in the bollocks that Wenger needs to start buying some quality experience, not just Premiership cast offs that no one else wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There is lengthy Guardian blog/thread thats worth a read.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/nov/01/premierleague-arsenal?commentpage=1

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

Gotta say that I'm becoming somewhat disenchanted with Mr Wenger - he's losing the plot and if we do not qualify for Europe he'll not need to worry about making buying decision for Arsenal.

Stoke has now made his poor decision-making a crisis.
    We cannt defend, 2 CB's who will not / cannot head a ball.
    Buying Man Utd's cast-offs
    Making Gallas captain again after the Birmingham fiasco

Please - don't tell me he's still the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Lads, getting rid of Wenger would seem like a huge mistake imo. It's not just that I think ye are only a year or two / player or two short of winning it all - who the **** would you bring in with better credentials?

From what I can gather from the outside looking in, this is really year 2 or 3 of the second phase in his reign and the building of his second Arsenal team (if team one was Vieira, Henry, Pires, Campbell, etc...). And the margins for error are slimmer than they were back in 1998. Keep the faith. At least ye will have some nice football to watch while you wait! ;)

Exactly. While things might be painful in the short term, Arsenal are only a player or two off being able to genuinely challenge for the league. When a manager brings you this close, you have to have faith him.

Exactly. While things might be painful in the short term, Arsenal are only a player or two off being able to genuinely challenge for the league. When a manager brings you this close, you have to have faith him.
    Thats a valid point but we are not moving closer to a title and instead are moving further away. We are one or two player(I think 3 myself) short of a title challenging team, but next year the way things are going and how reluctant he is to buy players we might be 4 or 5 away.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

How the hell is Alex Song getting away with being in the team, worst Arsenal player I can EVER remember seeing. Has anybody seen him doing anything remotely positive? If so name when and in what game, i'l take a look. He cant run, he cant tackle, he cant pass and his positioning is the worst from any player in the premiership I can think of. He runs around like a headless chicken and doesnt even look for the ball (which is problem a good thing coz he'll loose it)

jamesozzie wrote: »
    How the hell is Alex Song getting away with being in the team, worst Arsenal player I can EVER remember seeing. Has anybody seen him doing anything remotely positive? If so name when and in what game, i'l take a look. He cant run, he cant tackle, he cant pass and his positioning is the worst from any player in the premiership I can think of. He runs around like a headless chicken and doesnt even look for the ball (which is problem a good thing coz he'll loose it)

I quite like Song, think he's a good player.
    And I do remember him having one cracking game earlier in the season. Can't remember against who, possibly Blackburn? Not sure.

As for worse Arsenal players: Pascal Cygan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

This is a fair statement. The problem with this reasoning and why a lot of Arsenal fans have become disenfranchised with Wenger at the moment is that he still refuses to go out and find these players. Along with that, the players leaving every year just keep slowing any progress that he has made with the team.

I quite like Song, think he's a good player.
    And I do remember him having one cracking game earlier in the season. Can't remember against who, possibly Blackburn? Not sure.

As for worse Arsenal players: Pascal Cygan

I dont want to question your judgement but what did he do in that Blackburn game? I cant remember him doing 1 decent thing for arsenal and to say he had a "cracker" has convinced me to look at that game again later. Everytime Song plays Arsenal might as well be playing with 10 men, he dosn't know how to mark, he cant pass and he cant tackle. To add to that he never looks for the ball so he just runs around the pitch like a headless chicken.

I admire Wenger a lot but when he play's Song I seriously question his judgement. Wenger and his style of play is the reason I like Arsenal and for that reason I have tried to like song, I tried to convince myself he is a decent player but to this date I analyse him EVERY MATCH and its the same - he's awful.

• Advertisement

jamesozzie wrote: »
    I dont want to question your judgement but what did he do in that Blackburn game? I cant remember him doing 1 decent thing for arsenal and to say he had a "cracker" has convinced me to look at that game again later. Everytime Song plays Arsenal might as well be playing with 10 men, he dosn't know how to mark, he cant pass and he cant tackle. To add to that he never looks for the ball so he just runs around the pitch like a headless chicken.

I admire Wenger a lot but when he play's Song I seriously question his judgement. Wenger and his style of play is the reason I like Arsenal and for that reason I have tried to like song, I tried to convince myself he is a decent player but to this date I analyse him EVERY MATCH and its the same - he's awful.
    Controversy Alert!! Thats nearly my exact views on Denilson

Denilson isn't great either, how the hell can these players wear the red of Arsenal!! I should be playing ahead of them clowns!!

But I still rate Denilson ahead of the Songster so i'l spare him!! I think we both agree that the Gooners are in dire need of a partner for Fabbers though!

I could list about 60% of the squad that aren't close to what I rate an Arsenal player to be, but then again thats just me. I compare and judge everyone against the great teams of my generation i.e the 98 team, and the Invincibles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

Thats a valid point but we are not moving closer to a title and instead are moving further away. We are one or two player(I think 3 myself) short of a title challenging team, but next year the way things are going and how reluctant he is to buy players we might be 4 or 5 away.

Agree fully here - we're taking two steps forward and three back each year for the past 3 years.
    And look at the competition - Chelsea are on fire, United are a mile ahead of us and are firing on 3 cylinders right now imo. Even Liverpool are doing the business ........ 2 wins from 2 in the Top 4 Head-to-Heads.

Here's a quote on the Beeb this morning from Wenger -

" Arsenal play Fenerbahce in the Champions League on Wednesday and Manchester United in the Premier League next Saturday.
    "It is an opportunity to show how strong we are," said the Gunners manager.

.................... my fear is ........... He may be right!!!!!

I don't want to be accused of jumping on a Wenger-bashinh band-wagon, but it's fair to say that Arsenal are in crisis mode when their captain is a guy who sulks on the half-way line and we lose to two of the three promoted teams in our first eleven games and are unable to defend a 2 goal lead for 3 minutes!

The Premiership is not about putting out a team of ballerinas to do Swan Lake for an enraptured audience - it's about 38 games of hard, physical football where you impose yourself on the opposition or get kicked around the field. Right now Arsenal look more like the football on the pitch than footballers!

Right - deep breath - that's better - my heart-rate is back below 130, I can get back to work!!!! :o

I could list about 60% of the squad that aren't close to what I rate an Arsenal player to be, but then again thats just me. I compare and judge everyone against the great teams of my generation i.e the 98 team, and the Invincibles.

100% agreed, after the "Invincible's" team Arsenal have been in freefall. They should give up trying to create good players out of Song, Denilson and Diaby. get rid of them and bring in some proven talent

I said I wasn't sure if it was the Blackburn game. I really cant remember which one it was tbh.
    I think Song and Denilson will both develop into great players. Neither are that great shakes at the moment

• Advertisement

Dear Supporter,

Saturday was a game where we had a lot of possession, but Stoke defended very well and were well organised. We were not sharp enough to create chances and conceded two goals on two throw-ins. They fought for every ball and they waited for their set-pieces.

Rory Delap was an influence even though we had a plan to deal with his throw-ins and we had worked on it. They fly into the box and it is difficult with 20 people in there. That sort of thing is not our greatest strength. We were punished and I believe we were unlucky as well.

People who love the traditional English game would have been happy because they got what they liked on Saturday. It was a traditional game with a lot of fight and commitment. And at the end of the day Stoke deserved to win the game.

I believe we tried very hard and I think Stoke are sharp at the moment while we look jaded physically. At the moment we play a lot games and we suffer a little a bit because of that. It isn't a confidence issue but we gave a lot on Wednesday against Spurs. We play again in midweek and that is why, in the repetition of games, if you don't score first you can suffer.

The result was not the only bad news from Saturday. Robin van Persie was sent off and I think that his red card was very, very harsh. He shouldn't have challenged the goalkeeper like that but I don't think it was a red card.

We have injuries too, very bad ones to Adebayor and Walcott. One or two have knocks as well, like Sagna. Saturday was the kind of game where if you are a little bit short on sharpness, you are less agile and get out of tackles less quickly.

Thanks for your support.

This an Arsenal Email I get supposed to be from Wenger due to my membership at the club.
    They fly into the box and it is difficult with 20 people in there.
    Sorry Arsene you are wrong here. There was 4 Stoke players in the Arsenal box for the first throw.
    At the moment we play a lot games and we suffer a little a bit because of that.
    Is it not a managers job to know how many games are played in a season and ensure the squad is adequate to cover this amount of games
    The result was not the only bad news from Saturday. Robin van Persie was sent off and I think that his red card was very, very harsh. He shouldn't have challenged the goalkeeper like that but I don't think it was a red card.
    Wrong again Arsene. It was a justifiable straight red and suggesting anything else is just tripe.

At least he took the time to think out a reply to Saturday like that. How many Premier League managers would bother?
    Your just really looknig for ways to prove him wrong there.
    And while your correct in your points for disproving him, we all know mistakes were made.

I posted that just to prove that he is actually in denial and that he can't see where we are going wrong.

We need a tactical shake up. This idea of playing the beautiful game 100% of the time is costing us. When you are two up with a minute on the clock why not run it into the corner?
    Then you find yourself a goal up with less than a minute left. Two options:
    A) run it into the corner for a few seconds, game over. we win 4-3
    B) try a sexy through ball which could result in a goalscoring opportunity and maybe a 5-3 win, OR potentially cost us to get caught on the counter and lend up at 4-4, dropping two valuable points.

If you tried option B in a game of football Manager you'd be called foolish.

I'm not saying I don't enjoy our style of football. Its just there are times when it isn't the best solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

We need a tactical shake up. This idea of playing the beautiful game 100% of the time is costing us. When you are two up with a minute on the clock why not run it into the corner?
    Then you find yourself a goal up with less than a minute left. Two options:
    A) run it into the corner for a few seconds, game over. we win 4-3
    B) try a sexy through ball which could result in a goalscoring opportunity and maybe a 5-3 win, OR potentially cost us to get caught on the counter and lend up at 4-4, dropping two valuable points.

If you tried option B in a game of football Manager you'd be called foolish.

I'm not saying I don't enjoy our style of football. Its just there are times when it isn't the best solution.

United were 4-2 up against Hull on Saturday and did the exact same as Arsenal did against Spurs instead of trying to close out the game but they got lucky, we actually got a draw against Spurs whereas Liverpool were beaten but i dont see anyone calling for Benitez' head or criticising Ferguson. If any of our top 4 rivals had to try and survive on the money that we have spent in the last 8 years id like to see where they would be.

• Advertisement

Next season would be the time to make the judgement so..

It was only 2 or 3 months ago that Arsenal fans were scoffing at assertions on this forum that unless Arsenal signed a quality defensive midfielder that they wouldn't finish abou 4th place. Some of those same people who had ultimate trust in Wenger are now trying to second guess him and others are even suggesting it is time for him to move on.

Trust me, there is nothing United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa or Spurs supporters would love more than for Arsenal to sack Wenger. In my opinion, I have little or no doubt that it would set the club back a good 2 or 3 years.

To be honest, the only thing that I can think of that is more outlandish than assertions that Wenger should be sacked were United fans calling for Ferguson's head about 18 months ago.

Wenger seems to have got it wrong this season. It is obvious where the weaknesses are in the team but he can't change a things for another few months yet. He is also going to wait until the right player is available. In terms of the PL, any hopes of winning it are probably gone but there is still plenty to play for and plenty of time to get there. Villa do look good this season but I don't think that have it in them to break into the top 4 just yet, especially at Arsenal's expense.

In signing Diara from Chelsea that time, he obviously recognised the need for a player of this type so I would very much doubt that he has gone from that point to thinking that he can do completely without one in relatively little time.

You also need to consider that Wenger has had relatively poor seasons before and bounced back the season after stronger than ever. Remember that season that Spurs would have pipped 4th place only for getting a dose of the ****s? Spurs are an example of what happens when you aren't patient. Arsenal, United and Liverpool are examples of what happens when you are patient. I would maintain the position of being patient.

United were 4-2 up against Hull on Saturday and did the exact same as Arsenal did against Spurs instead of trying to close out the game but they got lucky, we actually got a draw against Spurs whereas Liverpool were beaten but i dont see anyone calling for Benitez' head or criticising Ferguson. If any of our top 4 rivals had to try and survive on the money that we have spent in the last 8 years id like to see where they would be.

The Spurs game is just one specific example. I'm not calling for Wenger's head, we owe him too much for that, just a bit of tactical diversity. We've been found out now and even a poor team if they keep organized at the back has a fairly good chance of beating us. If we showed more variety in our tactics we could take teams by surprise.

United were 4-2 up against Hull on Saturday and did the exact same as Arsenal did against Spurs instead of trying to close out the game but they got lucky, we actually got a draw against Spurs whereas Liverpool were beaten but i dont see anyone calling for Benitez' head or criticising Ferguson.

There is no criticism because these results are blips in form and not the norm as it is at Arsenal
    If any of our top 4 rivals had to try and survive on the money that we have spent in the last 8 years id like to see where they would be.

Not a valid excuse because this is because of Wenger's choice. Money is available. We hear over and over again how financially stable the club is and how the money is available for Wenger to spend.

playa3 wrote: »
    This is a fair statement. The problem with this reasoning and why a lot of Arsenal fans have become disenfranchised with Wenger at the moment is that he still refuses to go out and find these players. Along with that, the players leaving every year just keep slowing any progress that he has made with the team.

This I can understand though. As you can see from the post I made a few pages back, I agree with you on this.

Saying that, if anyone can replace them, it is Wenger...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Not a valid excuse because this is because of Wenger's choice. Money is available. We hear over and over again how financially stable the club is and how the money is available for Wenger to spend.

I really have my doubts as to whether this is in fact the case though Quazzie, he has spent money but only when money has been received from a sale of a wantaway, truth is we will probably never know exactly what funds are available, and as I was explaining to friends of mine at the weekend (drink fueled btw) Wenger has maintained Arsenal as a top 4 side and one of the most feared and respected in Europe while running the club like a bussiness and I honestly believe it is in 10-15 years that people will really appreciate what Arsene has put in place and that the benefits of he's prudence will be reaped.

I really have my doubts as to whether this is in fact the case though Quazzie, he has spent money but only when money has been received from a sale of a wantaway, truth is we will probably never know exactly what funds are available, and as I was explaining to friends of mine at the weekend (drink fueled btw) Wenger has maintained Arsenal as a top 4 side and one of the most feared and respected in Europe while running the club like a bussiness and I honestly believe it is in 10-15 years that people will really appreciate what Arsene has put in place and that the benefits of he's prudence will be reaped.

Agreed, it's only for so long that the other big clubs can go on maintaining the debt they are in.

Can't remember the exact figure but I believe United are in a fairly large amount of debt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Agreed, it's only for so long that the other big clubs can go on maintaining the debt they are in.

Can't remember the exact figure but I believe United are in a fairly large amount of debt?

Of course they are. However winning both the Premiership and the Champions League would have helped them hugely, and of course upped their trophy cabinet count. Not the mention the upcoming deal with Hublot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

There is no criticism because these results are blips in form and not the norm as it is at Arsenal
    Sorry but being beaten by Fulham, Stoke and Hull is not the norm at Arsenal. I agree that the norm over the past few years has been that we've had a few seriously bad results each season but despite losing to Boro and drawing with Newcastle and Birmingham (twice) last year, holding onto leads against Utd and Chelsea would have won us the league.
    I honestly believe it is in 10-15 years that people will really appreciate what Arsene has put in place and that the benefits of he's prudence will be reaped
    Especially given that governing bodies may well try to force through regulations on such issues. Plus we've got young English players coming through at last which should see us through any Champions League restrictions in 6 or 8 years... as somebody said a few pages back, Arsenal have maintained Champions League status with no risk which is not to be underestimated.
    Frisbee wrote:
    £640 or £840m I seem to recall - and they currently only pay off the interest.

And just to pick up on something else, does nobody else agree that Van Persie's red card is completely unjustified? I may have missed the serious foul play or violent conduct but as far as I was concerned it was a petulant shoulder barge which merited a yellow but nothing more.

Is it daft to dream of a world where United and Chelski's respective debts cripple them and Arsenal go on to rule English football (with Liverpool as competition ;))?
    And then Wenger will say " I told ya so."

yahoo_moe wrote: »

And just to pick up on something else, does nobody else agree that Van Persie's red card is completely unjustified? I may have missed the serious foul play or violent conduct but as far as I was concerned it was a petulant shoulder barge which merited a yellow but nothing more.

I've seen many similar incidents end with red but usually they end up with yellow. I guess we were just one of teh unlucky ones.
    Or maybe the ref is part of the ManU conspiracy and wanted to weaken us for Saturday's match. Who knows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

This I can understand though. As you can see from the post I made a few pages back, I agree with you on this.

Saying that, if anyone can replace them, it is Wenger...

Ah yes i see your other post now. You're probably right about finding replacements too, if only the development of players like Ramsey, Wilshere, Vela and Coquelin could be fast forwarded a few years things wouldn't be so bad i don't think.

For the record i am not in the camp that wants to see Wenger out. Think it would be an absolutely ridiculous decision as i dont see who could replace him. As others have said, what he has done with the club in managing to spend as little as he has and still keep them competing is excellent. Especially considering it is at a time when clubs all around are spending tens of millions and when the debt of building the Emirates to shoulder too.

Of course going so long without winning a trophy isn't something we should sit back and accept and be content with but in the grand scheme of things there's no quick fix solution , certainly firing Wenger wouldn't do it.

Although the crop of youngsters look to be (arguably) the most promising group in world football at the moment, I worry that some of our stars wont be around in future when they develop (ala Flamini). Great as it would be to see a 28 year old Fabregas and a 26 year old Theo Walcott in the same team as a 24 year old Aaron Ramsey, 26 year old Vela etc. etc.
    I would worry that a lack of short term success may cause some of the potential older stars (Fabregas, Clichy) to leave before taht can happen.

We used our get out of jail free card today. Despite losing to Stoke we are still only 6 points off the top due to Liverpool's surprise defeat against Spurs and hold on to fourth place due to Villa's surprise loss to Newcastle today.

Looks like 3 points against United would get us back on track. Easier said than done, especially since we are missing Ade, RvP, Walcott, Sagna and Eboué. Nobody said it would be easy.

edit: On a side note I just noticed despite their great improvement in form Spurs are back on bottom of the league. It's turning out to be some race to get out of that drop zone.

Think we're missing Gallas aswell?
    Was a real boost tha Newcastle beat Villa today, things dont look so bad now...

However If Im being honest with myself I do expect United to beat us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

We used our get out of jail free card today. Despite losing to Stoke we are still only 6 points off the top due to Liverpool's surprise defeat against Spurs and hold on to fourth place due to Villa's surprise loss to Newcastle today.

Looks like 3 points against United would get us back on track. Easier said than done, especially since we are missing Ade, RvP, Walcott, Sagna and Eboué. Nobody said it would be easy.

edit: On a side note I just noticed despite their great improvement in form Spurs are back on bottom of the league. It's turning out to be some race to get out of that drop zone.

The way I look at it is, we've dropped points in 5 games that we really shouldn't have...to bring ourselves back into contention we have to recover as many of those points as possible against Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea and I really don't see us getting a thing against United the way we're defending and the fact that all of a sudden we're very limited up front! We can only afford to drop 24 points and expect to remain in contention and we've already dropped 13, 11 games in!

What way do people think Wenger will go?

5 in the middle with Bendtner up front but with Diaby given licence to push up?
    Or 4-4-2 with Bendtner and Vela up front?

I reckon RVP will play against Fenerbache anyway as he's out of the United tie anyway, will he risk Bendtner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Sagna upbeat ahead of the game against Utd on Sat. I don't think he is out injured. He is a phenomenal athlete and we missed him right at the end (March) when we were still in contention on all fronts.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4451914,00.html

On a side note, Clinton Morrison scored for Cov tonight as they won at Birmingham. Wonder will he find his way into Trapattoni's plans?

What way do people think Wenger will go?

5 in the middle with Bendtner up front but with Diaby given licence to push up?
    Or 4-4-2 with Bendtner and Vela up front?

I reckon RVP will play against Fenerbache anyway as he's out of the United tie anyway, will he risk Bendtner?

Against Fenerbache I wouldn't be surprised if he went with RvP and Vela up front.
    Save Bendtner for the United game and have Diaby play behind him.

DenMan wrote: »
    Sagna upbeat ahead of the game against Utd on Sat. I don't think he is out injured.

That really would be amazing! We'll be ripped to shreds without him or Eboue at RB...
    Against Fenerbache I wouldn't be surprised if he went with RvP and Vela up front.
    Save Bendtner for the United game and have Diaby play behind him.

Your so knowledgeable...

• Advertisement

Your so knowledgeable...

Um... okay I can't really tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Reserves won 2-0 against Fulham. Apparently Bischoff played a stormer. surely he can't be too far off the first team squad now. Maybe Wenger hopes to introduce him in the Carling Cup.

http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/3020286/reserves/arsenal-res-v-fulham-res?tab=report

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement