Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Next three domestic games.
    So CC is included

Odd team choice.
    Guessing Denilson will go on the left with Ramsey and Fab in the middle.
    Was really hoping for a Vela start...

EDIT

Fabianski
    Toure--Djourou--Silvestre--Clichy
    Ramsey--Fab---Denilson--- Nasri
    ---RVP
    Bendtner---

Apparently Almunia pulled out of the team. Doesnt sound good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Its very bad to be missing a keeper. How many players do Arsenal have out now?

Does anyone know if Adybeour is out for the weekend, Im doing a fantasy football thing for British football ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Frisbee wrote: »

Apparently Almunia pulled out of the team. Doesnt sound good

Yeah. I think his confidence must be shattered after the last week. He's taken a bit of a hiding in the press.

Maybe he really is sick but it smacks of Mad Jens "injury" last year when he was essentially dropped.

Gareth37 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Adybeour is out for the weekend, Im doing a fantasy football thing for British football ?

Yeah he's out for the next three weeks
    Maybe he really is sick but it smacks of Mad Jens "injury" last year when he was essentially dropped.

Different channels are reporting it differently.
    RTE say Almunia withdrew himself from the Squad.
    Sky are reporting him as 'ill'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Arsenal to win comfortably tonight, hopefully with a clean sheet.

Rossetti is the ref. Think he's a quality ref myself. Usually tries to let the game flow.

(Watch this game stop every two minutes now...)

Hell of a lot of booing going on!

It's the Fenerbache fans. Arsenal fans don't make any noise....

This is starting to look all too familiar. Bucketloads of possession with no goals to show for it after a couple of squandered chances.
    Bendtner really isn't having a great game.
    We were fairly lucky twice at the start of the half when Djourou got his head on a ball over the top after Guiza had beaten the offside trap because there was no-one tracking.
    Ramsey's looked lively though. Fabregas would drive you insane sometime. Couple of times in that half where he was in the position to take a shot and went for the eye of a needle pass instead

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Our attack is too one-note, six creators and no runners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

From the Fenerbache fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Bendtner is having a mare. He hasn't made 1 decent pass. Ramsey is playing ok but he needs to track back a bit more. It's more of the same though. Loads of possession and then no end product. In fairness RvP was a tad unlucky - good defending and a good save stopped him scoring.

Our main problem tonight is our finishing, we should be 3-0 up at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Aye....trying to walk the ball into the goal again......Ramsey is handy though. Van Persie wants to put a reminder on his hand letting him know where his foot his.

Get Vela on.

Aye....trying to walk the ball into the goal

Not even that sometimes if you have a wall of players in front of you, you can't shoot.

But we had three clear cut chances which we should have taken. I miss Thiery :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Jesus, Bendtner is rubbish!

• Advertisement

Anyone else feel worried when Carlos shaped up to hit that shot?
    My heart was in my throat. Just because it's him

On the plus side - Manure are 1-nil down.
    Second half - denilson and Bendtner off vela and wilshere on?

My heart was in my throat. Just because it's him
    not really - i'd be more scared if we conceded a corner:o

newbie2 wrote: »

Definitely not. Denilson to stay on. Bring on Wilshere and the centre of the park for us will be even less protected.
    Vela for Bendtner I can see happening at some stage. Sooner rather than later hopefully

On the plus side - Manure are 1-nil down.

Hope utd win would rather play them on a back of a win than if they loose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Same old Same old
    Bendtner is dropping too deep I'm very disappointed with him so far
    Vela or Wilshere please Mr Wenger

Wilshere isn't the answer in this match. He's too much like Ramsey/Fab/Nasri. We need someone more direct. Vela. Or if your looknig to bring on Wilshere, Diaby gives you what Jack does but better

I can see Diaby coming on instead of Wilshere. If we go 3-0 up then Jack will come on. But I can't see us getting 3 goals with this sort of finishing.
    fab is also having a mare

Toure's doing ok at right back / right full forward !

Bendtner is crap. All he adds is a physical presence but his touch is not premier league standard. What annoys me even more is that he has notions about himself.

Bendtner is crap. All he adds is a physical presence but his touch is not premier league standard. What annoys me even more is that he has notions about himself.

Bendtner is a good player having a bad game.
    The same way Fab is a world class player having a bad game

70 mins - Nasri off - Diby on. bendtner off - vela on

70 mins bendtner off - vela on

60 minutes actually :p

According to Sky it was Vito Mannone and not Carlos Vela who came on for Ramsey...

59 mins - Ramsey off - Diaby on. bendtner off - vela on

fmp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Good lord, Gallas must be Djourou's hero/idol because he has gone for last season's hair style (mohawk).

Vela has looked very good since he came on. Be great if we can nick this.

• Advertisement

Our defenders need to start eating their spinach....ug ug ug.

FEELS LIKE A LOSS. vela wasn't as good as I'd hoped.

DenMan wrote: »
    Vela has looked very good since he came on.

He was poor aside from that little link up he had with Fab, and the one with Nasri. Didn't seem lively at all. May aswell have just left Bendtner on. wasn't much of a difference between them.

Should have left Bendtner on with Vela.....they are great together........Van Persie has that Dutch thing of getting a strop when it's not going as he'd like ( Dutch footballers of course, not the Dutch as a race!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Worried for the safety of our defenders maybe but that's about it - his shooting is appalling. Fortunately tonight he went with the balloon it into the stand approach.

Bit disappointed with Ramsey and, later, Vela - thought both looked like they'd have good games and make a difference but then both fizzled out. Probably a symptom of how the team played overall - tough for those guys to drive the team on by themselves. For anyone who's been hating on Ade recently, does tonight maybe show you why he's an important part of how we play? Bendtner (though I'm a fan) was way too slow and RVP will never offer as much direct running or strength as Ade will.

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    For anyone who's been hating on Ade recently, does tonight maybe show you why he's an important part of how we play? Bendtner (though I'm a fan) was way too slow and RVP will never offer as much direct running or strength as Ade will.

I have been preaching same Sir......I think Ade scored so many goals last season because RVP wasn't there....It is as though Ade looks for RVP before taking his chance if RVP is on the pitch..........I hope Eduardo comes back better.....and if it was up to me I'd take the 20 odd mill for Van Persie if we could get it...maybe get a couple of defenders and a hard midfielder out of the money.

Watch now as Van Persie goes on to score 50+ goals this season....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just watching the "tackles" by Arsenal players - Pot and kettle anyone?

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Ah I'm not saying sell RVP - just that when Ade's missing, I think the team often suffers. Certainly becomes less direct, so when you take out Theo as well, the team definitely lacks a bit of cut.

mike65 wrote: »

Mike

No

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »

Mike

To paraphrase Wenger...."Errrrrrrrr....I didn't see it".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Bendtner is a good player having a bad game.
    The same way Fab is a world class player having a bad game
    I agree Fabregas had a bad game and is usually very good, but jesus christ Bendtener is terrible; hands down. I have not seen him have one good game this season. He just doesn't flow with the team, and I agree he's far too physical. His reactions are absolutely terrible, the whole pace slows down once he's given the ball.

A disappointing night to say the least. :(

Beau x1 wrote: »
    I agree Fabregas had a bad game and is usually very good, but jesus christ Bendtener is terrible; hands down. I have not seen him have one good game this season. He just doesn't flow with the team, and I agree he's far too physical. His reactions are absolutely terrible, the whole pace slows down once he's given the ball.

A disappointing night to say the least. :(

Cesc has been quite poor this season imo hopefully his form will pick up soon, Spains run in the euro championships and his injury have not helped,to be fair to Bendtner how many games has he actually started, even though we had quite a few players out tonight, I'm starting to worry a bit about our form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

so how did the gunners play tonight? An improvement on the dire display on saturday I would hope!!!

Denilson really isn't the answer to our CM problem. Fabregas needs someone who he knows will sit back to shield the defense while he goes forward. He's half the player he was last season without Flamini to complement him.
    Best player tonight was Kolo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Best player tonight was Kolo
    Agreed, for sure.

• Advertisement

Beau x1 wrote: »
    Agreed, for sure.

With bells on.....he took the captaincy and stood by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

any1 else impressed by Djourou tonight? Great in the air good hard tackling physical presence as seen by his shouldering guiza off the ball

any1 else impressed by Djourou tonight? Great in the air good hard tackling physical presence as seen by his shouldering guiza off the ball

guys i honestly don't think we've conceded a goal when djourou has been on the pitch this season, that said he must have only played 3 or 4 times. yet wenger wont take a chance on him. can anyone confirm that for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I agree with the Djourou stuff, he did the basics right last night and was solid
    Semih should have seen red for that elbow on Silvestre, cynical and dirty
    I though we missed Walcott most of all last night, we lacked pace and proper width all night, Nasri was poor and Ramsey is more of a central player and tends to wonder into the middle alot
    Hope walcott is back for the Utd game

Yeah very impressed. I thought he took his chance to Impress Wenger and did it very well. Exactly the kind of hard tackling no-nonsense defender we need.

As to whether or not we've not conceded with him on the pitch I cant confirm.
    I know he played in the 1-0 win over WBA aswell. And he got 45 minutes against Bolton aswell. Didnt concede in either if I remember correctly...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement