Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Just back from the game in London at the mo great atmosphere

Diaby was the best on the pitch. Utd had their chances but damn it so did we

We chased everything and the 6 minutes extra time were nerve wrecking

Just off to watch it now on sky sports

C'mon you gunners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

predicted 3-1 to united. Man i love being wrong :)

So Carling Cup Tuesday against Wigan live on Sky Sports 1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Galvasean wrote: »
    So Carling Cup Tuesday against Wigan live on Sky Sports 1 :D

Thoguht it was Wednesday for some reason. In work Tuesday now :(

Frisbee wrote: »
    Thoguht it was Wednesday for some reason. In work Tuesday now :(

I may have to work Tuesday evening pending roster reshuffle. Worst case scenario I'll catch the last 20 mins plus after match highlights.

*grabs Vela 12 jersey*

I was so close to getting Nasri 8 on my away kit but noooooo..... i had to go for that retro Rocky 7 charm...

I may have to work Tuesday evening pending roster reshuffle. Worst case scenario I'll catch the last 20 mins plus after match highlights.

*grabs Vela 12 jersey*

I was so close to getting Nasri 8 on my away kit but noooooo..... i had to go for that retro Rocky 7 charm...

Vela 12 on my home
    Clichy 22 on my away soon

• Advertisement

Ramsey got called up to the Wales full international squad:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/ramsey-earns-call-up-to-senior-wales-squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Just read on the Sky Sports website that David Dein left Red and White Holdings (Alisher Usmanov's group) during the summer. That is a surprise to me as he was looking to get back involved with Arsenal when Usmanov started buying up the clubs shares.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

DenMan wrote: »
    Just read on the Sky Sports website that David Dein left Red and White Holdings (Alisher Usmanov's group) during the summer. That is a surprise to me as he was looking to get back involved with Arsenal when Usmanov started buying up the clubs shares.

It is quite old news to be honest, was reported during the Summer.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    It is quite old news to be honest, was reported during the Summer.

I'm sure you're right. Haven't heard a lot from Dein in a long time. He has been spending a lot of time in the US recently. I wonder will he join forces with Kroenke in Colorado? Only time will tell.

Big game against Wigan tomorrow night.

I'm sure you're right. Haven't heard a lot from Dein in a long time. He has been spending a lot of time in the US recently. I wonder will he join forces with Kroenke in Colorado? Only time will tell.

Big game against Wigan tomorrow night.

I'm sure he would love to get back to Arsenal, used to see him a good bit in the North Bank at Highbury before matches chatting to fans.

Hope the kids can do it against Wigan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I wonder will he join forces with Kroenke in Colorado?

Almost certainly not. Anyone with any interest in the club will know better than to align themselves with Dein given his relationship with the board.

and the word at the time was that he didn't just leave, but that he was shafted by Usmanov, who supposedly felt Dein's presence hampered his prospects of getting the board to sell.

Dont forget guys coverage starts at 7:30 (KO at 7:45) on Sky Sports.

Here is the squad for tonight (no first XI just yet):

12 Carlos VELA
    16 Aaron RAMSEY
    17 Alex SONG
    19 Jack WILSHERE
    20 Johan DJOUROU
    21 Lukasz FABIANSKI (GK)
    24 Vito MANNONE (GK)
    28 Amaury BISCHOFF
    35 Francis COQUELIN
    39 Rui FONTE
    40 Kieran GIBBS
    41 Gavin HOYTE
    42 Henri LANSBURY
    43 Fran MERIDA
    46 Abu OGOGO
    47 Mark RANDALL
    50 Jay SIMPSON
    56 Emmanuel FRIMPONG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Fabianski has disappointed tonight. Shot stopping good but looks a good bit behind Almunia in other respects. Probably just needs more match practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Rosicky had more surgery
    Arsenal's Czech Republic midfielder Tomas Rosicky has undergone more surgery on his injured left knee.

Rosicky has not played since January when he suffered the tendon injury in an FA Cup match against Newcastle.

The 28-year-old Czech Republic captain, who was operated on in Germany on Tuesday, first had surgery in May.

"The operation went as planned and Tomas will now spend at least a few weeks convalescing in Germany," said an Arsenal statement.

"Thereafter he will follow a tailored rehabilitation programme devised by our medical team."

Last month Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said he was hopeful Rosicky would be back in action before the end of the year.

Rosicky has made just 44 first-team appearances for Arsenal since joining from Borussia Dortmund in May 2006.

how many rehabilitation programs is this guy gonna get through? fat channce of him playing before Jan anyway as Wenger has previously suggested. I'd say there's little chance of seeing him feature much before the Summer, in recent photos he's looked very out of shape, he'll have to spend months working on fitness alone i'd imagine.

. I'd say there's little chance of seeing him feature much before the Summer,

What year?

Seriously though, I wonder if we will get to see him play again.

TBH a person would wonder if we'll ever see him play again at all!

I wonder if we will get to see him play again.

Deuce!;)

Deuce!;)

:D

Rosicky had more surgery

how many rehabilitation programs is this guy gonna get through? fat channce of him playing before Jan anyway as Wenger has previously suggested. I'd say there's little chance of seeing him feature much before the Summer, in recent photos he's looked very out of shape, he'll have to spend months working on fitness alone i'd imagine.

It's tough alright. Hopefully this can finally sort out his injury problems. Just heard that Hargreaves is out for the season after his sugery in the US. Both players have been so unfortunate with injuries. Both terrific players imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

Fabianski has disappointed tonight. Shot stopping good but looks a good bit behind Almunia in other respects. Probably just needs more match practice.

That double save was pretty impressive there.

• Advertisement

Brilliant double save imo

Yes. Brilliant.

Simpson looks like he is going to be an excellent finisher, have we found the new Ian Wright, took his goals very well, hope he continues to progress, nice to see some English kids amongst the kids.

Quality Jack Wilshere too young to get the Champagne for man of the match :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Another great performance from the youngsters, some cracking passing and good goals in there, even had a magic double save from Fabianski. I really want to get to one of these matches some time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

id love if we got stoke in quarters. Having our youth team hammer them would be nice revenge! I think its fair to say in Wilshere, ramsey and Vela we have probably the three most talented players currently coming through in England which really cant help make one optimistic for the future!

Was in work tonight so only jsut finished watching the match now.
    Very Impressed.
    Wilshere and Ramsey really controlled the middle of the park.
    Simpson and Vela played very well up front aswell.
    Gibbs and Randall are really coming on as well.

Watching the match and after seeing him come on last week I was thinking Vela is looking like a little fat bastid, but he seems to be like Ronaldo, looks thickset, but has really really explosive pace. He did very well to set up Simpson for his second goal.

And as for Vela's goal... :eek:
    Is it time he got a proper first team opportunity?

There's a good chance I'll be wearing my Vela jersey for weeks now...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Like Frisbee I unfortunately missed that festival of football last night but caught the highlights. No exaggeration to say it could have been a lot more than 3. Ramsey impressed me an awful lot, he is gonna be some player. I love the way they play with absolutley no fear, first team could learn a thing or two!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Fabianski 23

Gibbs 19
    Djourou 21
    Song 21
    Hoyte 18

Fran Merida 18
    Randall 19
    Ramsey 17
    Wilshere 16

Simpson 19
    Vela 19

Bischoff 21
    Lansbury 18
    Fonte 18

Average age 19 :D

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    I love the way they play with absolutley no fear, first team could learn a thing or two!

Exactly what I was thinking. How can our first team lose to teams like stoke and Fulham?
    But our Youth team can beat a full strength Wigan team? Stuff like that annoys me... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Wreck wrote: »
    I really want to get to one of these matches some time soon.
    I'm just back - and it was great :)

Very controlled at the back, especially Djourou who led the team very calmly. Reminded me of Gallas when he's on form.

Fabianski, for whoever thought he was disappointing, did everything he had to do pretty competently - one lost ball from a corner and one odd decision to kick on the volley instead of catching it inside the box but otherwise I couldn't see much wrong. And the double save at the end :eek:

Needless to say, they were dynamite going forward - some of the ball retention and triangle passing was just magic to watch. Ramsey was class and Wilshere obviously chipped in his pretty impressively too, including a gorgeous ball for the first goal. It was also nice to see Randall and Merida first-hand - the whole midfield did very well to be honest.

Vela was a bit quiet around the middle of the match but generally looked lively throughout and Simpson got into good positions for people to find him. 2 goals and a crossbar from about 5 chances was a good return.

Overall, great performance and a pleasure to witness.

Anyone else notice how when the full time whistle went, they played the song 'Teenage Kicks' in the stadium? :pac:

Anyone else notice how when the full time whistle went, they played the song 'Teenage Kicks' in the stadium? :pac:

Haha didn't cop that. Nice!
    I thought all the first teamers reactions when the goals went in were very good. Showed they really want the kids to do well

Yeah that was good alright - the DJ's obviously been waiting since the Sheffield Utd match to do it... they should play it as an anthem before the next match!

Anyone know when the draw is on?

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Anyone know when the draw is on?

Saturday at noon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Yea....I was expecting them to pan to Steve Bruce mouthing "do I not like that.....".

Frisbee wrote: »
    I thought all the first teamers reactions when the goals went in were very good. Showed they really want the kids to do well

Might as well get to know them. they'll be playing alongside them soon if Wenger deems them good enough (the first teamers taht is! :pac:)

Chelsea's surprise exit of the Carling Cup must surely give the young guns' chances of winning the trophy a major boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Damn you Openroad !
    I always get so addicted to these silly games :D

• Advertisement

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/remembrance-poppy-shirts-go-up-for-auction

How much do you reckon these will go for?
    I reckon Nasri's will pull in a nice bit of dosh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Seriously where can i get this in adult size.

N_L_883223kids.jpg

Seriously where can i get this in adult size.

I laughed myself when I saw that, an adult version would be sweet

**Super Gunner**
    now with Rory Delap resistant shield

Great news, it looks like Eduardo has completed his first full training session
    If all goes ok we should see him pretty soon

http://sports.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/11/13/Premier-League-Eduardo-back-in-training/?facets/great-britain-locale/sport-space/football/

It'd be great to see Eduardo back before Christmas.

Yep, tough run of games up to Christmas and people will be getting tired - I'd love to see him ready to play some part against 'Pool, Villa and Portsmouth over the holidays.

Was hoping for Vela to get a big part in the game tomorrow. But doubt it's going to happen.

Mexico have a fairly big qualifying game on the 19th away to Honduras, who are second behind them by a point. Good chance he won't even be in the squad tomorrow probably...

When Silvestre signed for Arsenal I remember saying that he would earn a call up to the French national side for their next friendly match. And low and behold he has been called up along with Nasri, Gallas, Clichy, Diaby and Sagna for the friendly with Uruguay on Wednesday night. Well done Silvestre.

Brazil love playing at the Emirates. They will play Italy on Feb 10 2009 in a friendly. Fourth time they will have played there.

Burnley away in the Carling Cup... they'd a good run in last year's FA Cup as far as I remember and they've just beaten Chelsea but definitely winnable.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement