Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Frisbee wrote: »
    Agreed although I'd rather Toure push into CB with Gallas and have Eboue at RB. If he's back

Thats the point I was making. we're better off with toure at centre half, playing him at RB takes him out of the centre, and thats where he's needed. There's no chance of AW dropping either of the 2 clowns in the centre of defence for Djourou. More chance of Toure getting the nod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I see our reserves are playing against Norwich tonight. Do we even have reserves any more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

At least the Carling Cup tie is being shown on tv. It is probably the only Arsenal team I enjoy watching these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    At least the Carling Cup tie is being shown on tv. It is probably the only Arsenal team I enjoy watching these days.

I gotta say i get fairly excited when watching the kids play in the cup. Its refreshing to see the hunger they have to succeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

I agree. Gonna be a tough one at Turf Moor. Let's hope they can do it. With Chelsea and Liverpool both out we have a great chance. Tottenham and Man Utd still in it too. Hopefully get past Burnley, then a two legged semi to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I reckon we should get past Burnley. I reckon the physicality of this game will be a good tester to see how good some of our young players really are when you have an opponent in your face, as opposed to when things are going your way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

3 months, for **** sake. I'm almost afraid to ask what can go wrong next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

3 months, for **** sake. I'm almost afraid to ask what can go wrong next?

Hopefully it won't be quite as long, but if this doesn't push Wengers hand in the transfer window (which I'm pretty sure it won't), I won't be a happy camper and not for the first time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Hopefully it means Vela gets a run out with maybe Nasri switching to the right but more likely we get more of Eboue :(

• Advertisement

BBC are reporting a much more likely timescale of around a month.

BBC are reporting a much more likely timescale of around a month.

Sounds more like it, but how long was his other shoulder bothering him for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I'd rather such a young player took as much time as needed to recover were I a gunner. Would be a worry that you could rush a guy like that back to fitness too soon and exacerbate the problem.

I'd rather such a young player took as much time as needed to recover were I a gunner. Would be a worry that you could rush a guy like that back to fitness too soon and exacerbate the problem.

I'm sure all the necessary time will be taken, I wouldn't be too surprised if he has an operation to sort the problem out straight away, rather than leave it a while like they did last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

May aswell get it fixed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

jasonorr wrote: »
    I'm sure all the necessary time will be taken, I wouldn't be too surprised if he has an operation to sort the problem out straight away, rather than leave it a while like they did last time.

Really?

Teams at teh top are worryingly bad at taking time.

Look at Hargreaves at United (:()

Owen at Liverpool, etc.

Hopefully for his sake he'll be given all the time he needs.

Really?

Teams at teh top are worryingly bad at taking time.

Look at Hargreaves at United (:()

Owen at Liverpool, etc.

Hopefully for his sake he'll be given all the time he needs.

There are obviously some players who would never play again if they were given time to be 100% fit.

Hopefully it heals up quickly, but it's not the worst injury in the World.

PhysioRoom are now quoting Walcott's probable return as February 09...

I really hope Wenger lets us know in a Press Conference over the next few days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

I really hope Wenger lets us know in a Press Conference over the next few days...
    That's assuming that he hasn't actually exploded this time and that we're not currently searching for a new, less exploded manager.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Bummer about Walcott but am looking forward to Vela getting a few starts all the same.

What the hell's the midfield for the weekend gonna be like?

gosplan wrote: »
    Bummer about Walcott but am looking forward to Vela getting a few starts all the same.

What the hell's the midfield for the weekend gonna be like?

If Eboue is back by the weekend he'll go in at RM instead of Vela going in at left and Nasri moving across.
    Infact Vela probably won't even be in the squad.
    He has a WCQ on Wednesday night and he's usually not back till late Friday or even saturday. He's yet to have been in a squad the week of a WCQ

Fabianski played well tonight apart from those two dodgy kicks at the start.
    Considering we lost anyway I would have preferred it to stay 2-0 and him get a clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Fabianski played well tonight apart from those two dodgy kicks at the start.
    Considering we lost anyway I would have preferred it to stay 2-0 and him get a clean sheet.

With a couple of penalty saves would have been nice :)

A really crap time to have pointless international matches imo, particularly for us, Arsene only gets one day with the players now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Eh? What game was this?

Beau x1 wrote: »
    Eh? What game was this?

My guess would be that you don't think Fabianski played well.
    I'm just spitballing though...

• Advertisement

No I..actually didn't know there was a game on :|

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

lol...

Ireland vs Poland :)

He seemed good to me, but then I was a bit too busy sitting at the bar. I missed three of the goals (although I saw two of them on the telly) despite being at the game.

Ah yes, wasn't watching that myself - thought you lads were referring to an Arsenal match (being the Arsenal thread and all).

lol...

Ireland vs Poland :)

He seemed good to me, but then I was a bit too busy sitting at the bar. I missed three of the goals (although I saw two of them on the telly) despite being at the game.

Saving a penalty is really down to luck and there was nothing he could do about Ireland's second goal, it was an absolute screamer!

Saving a penalty is really down to luck and there was nothing he could do about Ireland's second goal, it was an absolute screamer!
    Just watched the highlights and I gotta agree with this.

• Advertisement

RVP got two goals last night.

And Vela was sent off for Mexico Last night who had a poor game, finished second in their group and only went through on Goal Difference ahead of Jamaica after losing two of their 3 away games and drawing the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

And Vela was sent off for Mexico Last night

Oh good, he'll miss their next game so.

Oh good, he'll miss their next game so.

True, I really want them to get to the World Cup though...

RVP got two goals last night.

And Vela was sent off for Mexico.
    Wow, good news from an international break - 2 goals and match practice for a striker who needs goals & games at the moment. And Vela to miss his team's next jaunt around the world has to be good as well, even if he's still only on the fringes of the first team.

Bet we don't hear Arsene mention them though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Gallas has a rant...
    William Gallas has revealed the Arsenal squad has been victim of 'complaining', 'insults' and 'problems' this season.

The Gunners have endured a poor start to the campaign, losing four of their opening 13 Premier League matches.

Gallas, who is captaining the side for a second term, has borne the brunt of criticism in the past - most notably after his public demonstration of emotion at Birmingham City last season.

The France international is disappointed he has been made a scapegoat and has now explained of unrest in the Emirates Stadium camp, and in turn demanded his team-mates discover their fighting spirit.

Insults

"When, as captain, some players come up to you and talk to you about a player...complaining about him... and then during the match you speak to this player and the player in question insults us," Gallas told AP. "There comes a time where we can no longer comprehend how this can happen.

"I am trying to defend myself a bit without giving names. Otherwise I'm taking it all (the blame). It's very frustrating," he said. "I'm 31, the player is six years younger than me."

He also revealed a bust-up at half-time of the 4-4 draw with rivals Tottenham Hotspur - a match Arsenal were winning 4-2 with just minutes remaining.

Gallas continued: "There was a problem at half-time. The only thing that I could say at half-time was, 'Guys, we resolve these problems after the match, not at half-time.'

"We have to understand that to be champions, you have to play big matches every weekend and fight. We are coming up against teams who are not scared to play football against us, who are not scared to take us on at our place, and this is becoming dangerous for Arsenal.

Warriors

"We are not brave enough in battle. I think we need to be soldiers. We have to be warriors. There are teams who can do it well against us, and we have to be able to face up to these attacks."

Gallas went on to conclude that it is imperative for the club that they lift silverware after Arsenal last tasted glory back in 2005, when they lifted the FA Cup.

He added: "I have to win something this year. I have to win something, Arsenal has to win something. It's four or five years since Arsenal won anything - 2004 (the league title). That's nearly five years, and that's not good.

"For me the title is not over, it's true that we are nine points behind Chelsea, but you have to be optimistic and you can't give up."

Just took a quick look through the squad ages of those who have actually been playing a bit, only 25year olds are Sagna, Eboue and Van Persie, with Adebayor being 24. Of those i'd have to guess at Eboue...

Source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_4525100,00.html

I don't mind the usual "we have to fight hard" stuff and I'd agree with him that certain things are best left till after a match to put right but I'd prefer that he didn't concentrate so much on publicly absolving himself of blame - I'd much rather he protected the younger players by keeping dressing room or training ground disagreements private.

Mourinho always took a lot of flak in public to take the heat off his players and Wenger's always been very prepared to do it too - I just wish Gallas took the same approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Source? And the moany fcuk should keep his mouth shut imo, how does he think these kind of statments are going to improve things?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Think he meant to say...

Gallas continued: "There was a problem at half-time. The only thing that I could say at half-time was, 'Guys, we resolve these problems in the press, not at half-time.'

Imo this should signal the end of his captaincy. As he has shown previously he is no leader.

Link below
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/7739830.stm

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Gallas has a rant...

Just took a quick look through the squad ages of those who have actually been playing a bit, only 25year olds are Sagna, Eboue and Van Persie, with Adebayor being 24. Of those i'd have to guess at Eboue...

I'd say RVP myself somehow..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

If there was one Arsenal player I wouldn't want on my side going to war it's Gallas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Does anyone else just feel embarassed when ye hear this sort of sh1te from Gallas. I know I do. He's great at making these speeches, but come a few games time, he'll be back out in the press talking the same game.

I've had my fill of listening to this crap. He's been found out to be one of the worst captains I can remember in our history. It's time for the armband to be passed onto someone else who behaves with a bit of dignity and how our great club deserves.

Someone who plays with heart and pride for the club, not someone who thinks he is been unfairly judged for a pretty poor start to the season.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

"I'm not saying who it was but lets just call him "R Van Persie" oh no thats too obvious lets call him "Robin Van P""

reminds of the simpsons, Gallas is a bad bad captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Gallas is a tit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Who the fúck is gonna play in midfield this weekend?

Fit/available midfielders:

Nasri
    Denilson
    Ramsey
    Song
    Wilshere
    Diaby
    Bischoff????

That's not a good list. I'm guessing Diaby on one wing, Nasri on the other. Denilson and Ramsey in the middle.

I'm also guessing if Eboue gets fit he'll slot in at right back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

that is not good but at least if u had to play someone with that lightweight a midfield then itd be man city not the most physical...i imagine itll be a really open game think ade and rVP will cause their defence a world of trouble....One other thought id bet he house on theo being back in the team before Rosicky!

Gallas is a tit

Good input
    Who the fúck is gonna play in midfield this weekend?

Fit/available midfielders:

Nasri
    Denilson
    Ramsey
    Song
    Wilshere
    Diaby
    Bischoff????

Something like

L
    R

Nasri----Denilson----Diaby----Ramsey

god when i think of how the invincible and the 2 double sides team made up of mostly anglo-french players were prepared to almost die for each other on the field in particular that famous game at OT back in 2003 and now in contrast we have this clown + a few others who are becoming a cancer on the football club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Wreck wrote: »
    how does he think these kind of statments are going to improve things?

In totally unrelated news gallas' autobiography is released today. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

No idea of the accuracy of this blog, but going to post it anyway.

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=1127&cntnt01returnid=42

Apologies if it's incorrect.

• Advertisement

Not sure I'd believe that.
    But if it is true I wouldn't be overly happy.
    Yeah Gallas is a poor captain, but changing mid-season and the new captain having to play beside Willy G is going to cause serious turmoil in the team.
    Let him see out the season I say.

Would have to be Kolo or Cesc next for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement