Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I dunno man I log onto to the Arsenal website and see the tickets are there but
    they get snapped up before i can stake a claim. Tis as bad as trying to get AC/DC tickets for the o2. Do you get over often, with a season ticket I presume you do

Best thing to do is to keep an eye on the website tickets section, tickets do go on sale to red members, not many I know, but then once the match is sold out, as a st holders we can put our seats up for sale on ticket exchange, normally lots and lots of seats for sale, have been lucky myself in that my seat has always sold bar one match this season,but keep a daily wtach on ticket exchange.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I've a mate who is a one third season ticket holder so I generally get over two or three times a season.

Although, after yesterday's behaviour... ugh. Sickening. What a bunch of ****ing ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Sorry to be changing the subject but I am wondering do any gooners fans here on boards ever get over to watch a match at the grove??? I myself go over once a year, have done since 98/99 season and a HUGE cost to myself. The ticketing system is a joke at Arsenal. Last year I paid 240 pounds for a ticket to see Villa (Senderos the tit scored an OG and Bendtner got the leveler with only a minute to go). NOT WORTH 240 POUNDS.
    I know that tickets at face value are roughly around 50 quid depending on location of seats. I could have gotten it a small bit cheaper but the ticket tout/broker has a pretty good reputation.

I joined the season ticket waiting list (I think I am number 58000 and something and I also joined the "Red" level membership thingy). Absolutely ZERO chance of getting tickets directly from the club so my only hope is using the d*ickhead touts that charge 5 times the going rate to watch a match.

I guess im wondering have any boardies had any experience of getting match tickets??? and sure if you have been over there why not lets us know what you thought of it.

You paid £240??? I paid £88 for 2 Everton tickets this season!!!

Seriously, if you're going over once a season, there's no need to ever buy from a tout! It's pretty hard to get tickets for big games, but it's still possibe as they hold back 1500 tickets for red members for every game now! I went over twice in the last season at Highbury too...Fulham and Blackburn! So far we've won all 3 I've been to :D

Tickets generally go on sale to Reds at 9 (maybe 9.30, I can't remember) a month before the match, so you need to be logging in about 20 minutes before that as there is a queuing system!
    OPENROAD wrote: »
    As a red member you have an excellent chance of getting tickets for all home matches. I stick my season ticket up for sale on ticket exchange for all home matches on clubs website, always loads up there for sale so you will have no problems getting tickets.

That's cool, how many times do you get over so? Do you generally get most of the money bak for matches you don't go to? I think they give you 95% back per match, do they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Absolute disgrace about Eboue yesterday. Not his greatest fan but give credit to him he does give 100%, although maybe not yesterday.
    There seems to be to many plastic fans out there and last season I remember people getting on Gilbertos back and before then it was Perry Groves, Eddie McGoldrick,David Hillier and in later times Cygan, Senderos,Song and Bendtner

But never would I boo a player or Arsenal themselves at a game. I know people who were over at the game yesterday and they were sick and the boos came form a range of 'so called fans'

Wenger was ruthless in taking Eboue of but he was played out of position and is only just back but the guys confidence must be shattered and you could see it when Ade went over to him and Eboue just took his gloves of and walked down the tunnel

As for the earlier post about paying over the odds for tickets join your local supporters club there are many listed Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Not a big fan of Eboué, but those fans who bood him off the pitch were disgraceful. How in the world do they think that will help team moral?

I can see the tabloids now... "E-BOOOO-E"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

what a bunch of c*nts the Arsenal fans were.

I really hope Eboué bounces back from this and shows us all what he's really capable of.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

jasonorr wrote: »

That's cool, how many times do you get over so? Do you generally get most of the money bak for matches you don't go to? I think they give you 95% back per match, do they?

I do a Helix, though this season and last not able to get over.

Last season was able to sell for all home matches, this season again have been able to sell all matches bar 2 games. You get 95% back as you say which is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Absolute disgrace about Eboue yesterday. Not his greatest fan but give credit to him he does give 100%, although maybe not yesterday.
    There seems to be to many plastic fans out there and last season I remember people getting on Gilbertos back and before then it was Perry Groves, Eddie McGoldrick,David Hillier and in later times Cygan, Senderos,Song and Bendtner

But never would I boo a player or Arsenal themselves at a game. I know people who were over at the game yesterday and they were sick and the boos came form a range of 'so called fans'

Wenger was ruthless in taking Eboue of but he was played out of position and is only just back but the guys confidence must be shattered and you could see it when Ade went over to him and Eboue just took his gloves of and walked down the tunnel

As for the earlier post about paying over the odds for tickets join your local supporters club there are many listed Here

I doubt it would even happen in Highbury. Wenger had to take him off, because his confidence was so slow due to booing from crowd that he was liable to make a mistake. I think there are a lot more new supporters wihtt he new ground...that dont understand the history and reputation of the club. Then again there are those who are frustrated at times with his behaviour. Diving etc. But he didnt deserve that. and you know, its hard for him. He did a good job at right back before we signed Sagna. It could set him back. Hes not a left sided player though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Rosicky not back until "March at the earliest" according to the website. Which means next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/toure-eboue-s-a-great-lad-who-loves-arsenal

Good to see at least the players have the right Idea.

Ade talking to him as he was substituted was a good move aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I am now officially naming Rosicky's comeback "Chinese Democracy".

Nice skin tony, had that as my desktop background for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

tred wrote: »
    It could set him back.
    Well if it sets him back anymore he'll barely be good enough for Blue Square Premiere. Lets not loose sight of the fact that he's awful, a Championship player at best. I know what happened on Saturday was disgusting and I don't condone it one bit but I for one hope he never pulls on an Arsenal shirt again. He's just not good enough. Him and Pink Boots would be gone in Jan if I had my way. Maybe we could get a few Million off Everton for Pink Boots? Payback for Jeffers!

Well if it sets him back anymore he'll barely be good enough for Blue Square Premiere. Lets not loose sight of the fact that he's awful, a Championship player at best. I know what happened on Saturday was disgusting and I don't condone it one bit but I for one hope he never pulls on an Arsenal shirt again. He's just not good enough. Him and Pink Boots would be gone in Jan if I had my way. Maybe we could get a few Million off Everton for Pink Boots? Payback for Jeffers!

I would not like to see Eboue go. He is a very good right back and Sagna has been getting injured more frequently this season. I'd much rather Eboue covering right back than Toure or Djourou.
    Also make up your mind what standard he is at, Blue Square or Championship. :rolleyes:

As for Bendtner, I don't really like the guy, but he gives us something up front that we haven't had since the beast, a tank. Wenger proved in the Kiev game that while passing the ball around nicely is all well and good, sometimes throwing a monster like Bendtner up front and hoofing a ball at him is a good option to have.
    Get rid of Bendtner and you have Ade, RVP, Vela and Eduardo up front.

Ade - Grand
    RVP - Injury prone
    Vela - Still not trusted for some reason
    Eduardo - who knows if he'll ever regain his form.

So if RVP gets injured and Eduardo doesn't get good again we're left with Ade and Vela as our only two strikers.

Getting rid of Eboue and Bendtner is a bad idea unless we can buy another forward and a player who can cover both right mid and right back.

/rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Frisbee wrote: »
    Nice skin tony, had that as my desktop background for a while

It's still mine.....If I could find Batman in an Arsenal shirt I could be a kid forever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Sweet Mary Mother of Divine Christ :eek::eek::eek:
    RTE are showing an Arsenal game

Champions League Live
    Live coverage of Porto v Arsenal from the Estadio Dragao in Portugal, with commentary from Darragh Maloney and Ray Houghton. Plus highlights of Manchester United's visit to Aalborg

F**k I need some smelling salts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

i hope Eboue has a fecking stormer tonight and the real fans will cheer him on loudly.

i found the booing disgusting and made me ashamed to be an arsenal fan for the first time since ive supported them.

about bloody time Rte stop sucking up to united and showed a bit of arse at last!:cool:

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus Mother of Divine Christ :eek::eek::eek:

Champions League Live
    Live coverage of Porto v Arsenal from the Estadio Dragao in Portugal, with commentary from Darragh Maloney and Ray Houghton. Plus highlights of Manchester United's visit to Aalborg

I'm sure it's a mistake that will be rectified before coverage starts! :p

Squad for tonights Game:

1. Manuel Almunia
    21. Lukasz Fabianski
    10. William Gallas
    18. Mikael Silvestre
    40. Kieran Gibbs
    41. Gavin Hoyte
    27. Emmanuel Eboue
    20. Johan Djourou
    17. Alex Song
    15. Denilson
    16. Aaron Ramsey
    47. Mark Randall
    2. Abou Diaby
    43. Fran Merida
    19. Jack Wilshere
    26. Nicklas Bendtner
    12. Carlos Vela
    50. Jay Simpson

To be honest not very happy with this squad. Cesc and Nasri are injured.
    But Sagna, Clichy, Ade and RVP were just left out.
    Fair enough if Wenger wants to rest them, but this could end up costing us 1st. place if we lose, something we really could do without...

I expect it to look something like:

Almunia
    Eboue----Gallas
    Djourou
    Gibbs
    Ramsey---Denilson---Song
    Merida
    Vela----Bendtner

OR

Almunia
    Hoyte
    Gallas---Djourou
    Gibbs
    Eboue----Ramsey---Song----Denilson
    Vela
    Bendtner

Silvestre could easily come in for Djourou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

When was the last time Rosicky was seen in public? Does anybody believe that he is in actual fact dead, and Arsenal aren't willing to admit it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Champions League Live

Flying out tomorrow for it so keep an eye out for 10 irish gunners in the stadium

Yeah something must be up with RTE or else Ray & Darragh were looking for a xmas break instead of a bonus:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Fair enough if Wenger wants to rest them, but this could end up costing us 1st. place if we lose, something we really could do without...
    Never quite sure where I stand on this - history has proven that anything can happen and I'm beginning to think that Arsenal are better off against tougher opposition in Europe... remember PSV a couple of years ago compared to the Juve/Real run or AC/Liverpool (which should have been a win) last year?

But even forgetting all that, I think the wins over Utd and Chelsea have (amazingly) left some sniff of a fight for the league. I don't believe it'll happen personally but I can't believe that Wenger is ready to write off our chances already, this year being pretty open points-wise. With that in mind, the Liverpool and Villa games become huge, which I think has influenced his thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Kirnsy wrote: »
    i hope Eboue has a fecking stormer tonight
    Squad for tonights Game

Grrr, had me going for a minute.

Thought I might be spared a boring evening of Liverpool and Chelsea in Europe for one more day.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Champions League Live

The funny part is the one time they choose to show Arsenal, Fabregas isn't in the squad. Eamonn and Gilesy won't know what to do with their spunk reserve.

gosplan wrote: »
    Grrr, had me going for a minute.

Thought I might be spared a boring evening of Liverpool and Chelsea in Europe for one more day.

Haha sorry man!

Looking at the Champions League tables there, there'll be a fair few tough teams in the second placed pot.

The pot of second placed teams will include Inter, Lyon or Bayern Munich, Juventus or Real Madrid. Count out Chelsea + Porto (if Arsenal get a draw tomorrow) and that leaves Sporting Lisbon, Villareal, Atletico.

Sporting and Atletico apart, tough draw either way.

Looking at the Champions League tables there, there'll be a fair few tough teams in the second placed pot.

The pot of second placed teams will include Inter, Lyon or Bayern Munich, Juventus or Real Madrid. Count out Chelsea + Porto (if Arsenal get a draw tomorrow) and that leaves Sporting Lisbon, Villareal, Atletico.

Sporting and Atletico apart, tough draw either way.

Aye, I'd still much rather come up against any of them besides Barcelona though!

Avoid Barca and I might prefer to end up in pot 2. There's really not that much between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

Real are in absolute shambles at the mo relativly speaking of course so they might actually be the pick of the lot to get....be most afraid of inter there bar them reckon we are considerably better than any other team there

• Advertisement

To be honest not very happy with this squad. Cesc and Nasri are injured.
    But Sagna, Clichy, Ade and RVP were just left out.

According to todays Independent we seem to have another injury crisis, I haven't seen this information from too many other sources but it doesn't look good, Ade is the only player according to them who is actually rested.
    here is the quote:

"Bacary Sagna is missing with illness, while Gael Clichy has a hamstring problem. Kolo Toure has a recurrence of his calf problem and while William Gallas returns, Cesc Fabregas is out with a knee problem and is a doubt for Saturday's trip to Middlesbrough.

Nasri has an ankle problem and he is definitely out for Saturday and, possibly for a further two weeks, while Robin van Persie, who with Adebayor shared the goals in the 4-0 home win over Porto, could be out for two to three weeks. "

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/eboues-big-chance--to-silence-his-critics-1568768.html

According to todays Independent we seem to have another injury crisis.[/url]

What do you mean another one? It's been going on for 3-4 years now!

Seriously, can we not buy players that stay fit for more than 3 games in a row? Nasri is the new Rosicky by the look of things, cant get a run of games at all. I always get nervous when I see "RvP" and "thigh" mentioned in the same sentence.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/gallas-and-diaby-return-to-face-fc-porto

Yup the website are reporting them as injuries.
    Fecking terrible time for Gael to pick up an injury with Traore on loan...

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/gallas-and-diaby-return-to-face-fc-porto

Yup the website are reporting them as injuries.
    Fecking terrible time for Gael to pick up an injury with Traore on loan...

Silvestre can fill in there, much prefer him there than in the middle!

Silvestre can fill in there, much prefer him there than in the middle!

I'd prefer him on the bench tbh

• Advertisement

I'd prefer Gibbs at LB to Silvestre.
    Looks like a mostly inexperienced team tonight:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7763245.stm
    BBC wrote:
    William Gallas and Abou Diaby return but Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri are injured and Emmanuel Adebayor, Robin van Persie and Kolo Toure are rested.

Youngsters Aaron Ramsey, Kieran Gibbs, Gavin Hoyte, Mark Randall, Fran Merida, Jack Wilshere and Jay Simpson may play.

Eboue was booed off against Wigan but boss Arsene Wenger insisted: "He is completely in the right frame of mind."

I'm gonna go with:

Almunia

Eboué---Silvestre---Gallas---Gibbs

Wilshire---Diaby--Ramsey---Merida

Bendtner--Vela

edit: I know we hammered them at the Emirates but I'm not particularly confident tonight with the amount of players we have missing.
    Hopefully the inclusion of Diaby will ad some muscle to the midfield. That was a big problem in the Burnley match; the Ramsey / Randall combo were too easily muscled off the ball.

Galvasean wrote: »

Almunia

Eboué---Silvestre---Gallas---Gibbs

Wilshire---Diaby--Ramsey---Merida

Bendtner--Vela
    I agree about the lack of muscle in midfield - but I don't really thinik Diaby & Ramsey would be the answer. Then again, I think Porto will be less physical than Burnley anyway so maybe it won't be a problem. However, I'd only really like Diaby there in a midfield 5, so I'd prefer:

Almunia

Hoyte---Djourou---Gallas---Gibbs

Wilshire---Eboué--Ramsey---Merida

Bendtner--Vela

But overall, apart from centre-back, we're missing dominant players to give the team a really solid 'spine' tonight so whatever team goes out, I think it'll be one of those nervy European nights where we just do enough without being spectacular.

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    I agree about the lack of muscle in midfield - but I don't really thinik Diaby & Ramsey would be the answer. Then again, I think Porto will be less physical than Burnley anyway so maybe it won't be a problem. However, I'd only really like Diaby there in a midfield 5, so I'd prefer:

Almunia

Hoyte---Djourou---Gallas---Gibbs

Wilshire---Eboué--Ramsey---Merida

Bendtner--Vela

But overall, apart from centre-back, we're missing dominant players to give the team a really solid 'spine' tonight so whatever team goes out, I think it'll be one of those nervy European nights where we just do enough without being spectacular.

Hoyte at right back would be suicide- he had a shocker against Man City only a few weeks back. I reckon he'll start 5 in midfield with Bendtner alone up top. We only need a draw so I cant see AW exposing the midfield with the players that are missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Hoyte and/or Gibbs will get cleaned at full back at this level if they start.

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Djourou

Forgot about him. I'd much rather put in Djourou than Silvestre.

Looking at who has qualified so far finishing 2nd may with a bit of luck (in theory) actually provide an easier draw for the next round:

Group Winners: Roma, Panathinaikos, Barcelona, Liverpool.
    Runners Up: Inter, Chelsea, Sporting, Athletico.
    English clubs in bold because we can't draw them in next round.

Either way I'd imagine Barce and Inter are the ones to avoid.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't mind a tie against Sporting.
    Seeing Veloso play for 180 minutes might be enough for Arsene to buck his ideas and sign him.
    I literally would kill to have him at Arsenal.

well maybe not actually commit a murder, but I have all the best intentions

What do you mean another one? It's been going on for 3-4 years now!

So can we now officially call it an Epidemic? :D

So can we now officially call it an Epidemic? :D

A Pandemic? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Come on the Gunners. Hope Eboue has a blinder tonight. Go Emmanuel.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Hoyte at right back would be suicide- he had a shocker against Man City only a few weeks back. I reckon he'll start 5 in midfield with Bendtner alone up top. We only need a draw so I cant see AW exposing the midfield with the players that are missing.
    I don't see him playing just Bendtner up top:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-vela-will-get-his-chance-to-shine

And I don't see him playing just Vela up there, hence the 4-4-2. A more solid version could be:

Almunia

Eboue---Djourou---Gallas---Silvestre

Wilshire---Song---Ramsey---Merida

Bendtner--Vela

Would Song play?

Would Song play?

I cant see why not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

Bendtner played a blinder again tonight as usual! He really is a useless lazy f*ck.

So....

Roll on Barca :(

btw if Darragh Maloney, Ray Houghton or Ronnie Whelan turn up dead I was with all you guys between 11p.m. and 4a.m.....

I do be hoping Arse draw Panathanaikos and United or Pool get Inter. That would be most good.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement