Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Frisbee wrote: »
    Wouldnt be too pushed. He's good, but I don't think he'd fit in at arsenal.
    Indeed, he's an adult and he's a tall, strong, technically sound footballer and he knows how to defend... not ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

what he meant was he's not French / African

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

what he meant was he's not French / African

Never knew Spain was in Africa :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

pfft, let me have my broad sweeping statements!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

pfft, let me have my broad sweeping statements!

Fraid i cant do that, especially when its inferred that Cesc doesnt fit in at arsenal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Arsenal1986

gosplan wrote: »
    Anyone else hear that Hangeland rumour?

Buying just from the premiership would be a tricky one. I'd go for Young, Vidic and Essien but obviously that won't happen. Wonder could Young happen eventually though? We've got cover in that position but they seem to be permanently injured.

Prob go for Parker and Laursen/Hangeland if I could choose ... and being semi-realistic.

Parker is limited but he'd tackle non-stop which is what we need for that position.

Without exagerating were hose three players in our team i could see us coming back an winning the title alas never going to happen that Blaise Mathuidi guy we were linked with in summer from St Etieten and said he wanted to come is having a stormer in france, Didier Deschamps said in the magazine 442 that he was payer of the year so far over there ike a more compete Makele were his exact words!sOunds perfect for us and woud be the kind of relative unknown wenger loves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I'm trying to study too so i havent been watching properly but from what I've seen Eddie is looking very good. He had a superb effort that brought out a great save from the keeper at the end of the half and his passing has been very sharp.

Wilshere and Coquelin have also been excellent, they're precisely the two sorta players we need in the first team right now. Shame they're not a few years older for Wenger to consider them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Eduardo looked good tonight. He still has his bottle anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Two nil win for the reserves. Goals from Gibbs and Randall.
    Almost creepy how much the reserves line up looks like the Carling Cup team.
    Eduardo played 45minutes.
    10 months < 2 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Do Arsenal reserves play at White Hart Lane these days or is it a different sh1thole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Indeed, he's an adult and he's a tall, strong, technically sound footballer and he knows how to defend... not ideal.

Look at Reyes. He's fast, strong, great technically and has a whopper shot.
    That worked out.
    I just don't think Chiellini would adapt to the Arsenal style/club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

LALA LALA LALA LALA LALA LALA
    LALA LALA LALA LALA LALA LALA
    He Broke His Leg But He'll be back
    And Darren Bent will still be Crap
    Eduardo Da Silva, Arsenals Number Nine

Yeah !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

That worked out.
    Debatable if you ask me.

The longer Reyes stayed, the more he seemed to lose his strength and motivation (he started off as a real battler and used to challenge for headers, etc. regularly which I loved) and showed that he'd never be the player Arsenal signed him to be.

Looks like Lassana's on the move again, Pompey have accepted a bid from Real:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/7787323.stm

Whatever about Reyes, I don't think I'll ever stop regretting Diarra leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Probably a nice bit of cash for Arsenal there in that deal. I had no problem with him leaving originally, but god yeah he could be useful now.

At least he has not gone to Sp*rs, that would really have pissed me off

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Debatable if you ask me.

The longer Reyes stayed, the more he seemed to lose his strength and motivation (he started off as a real battler and used to challenge for headers, etc. regularly which I loved) and showed that he'd never be the player Arsenal signed him to be.

I think you missed my sarcasm.

I fecking loved Reyes when he was with us...
    Frisbee wrote:
    I think you missed my sarcasm.
    God knows how

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Probably a nice bit of cash for Arsenal there in that deal. I had no problem with him leaving originally, but god yeah he could be useful now.

Yeah i wonder how much of a sell on clause is in that?. thats why bentley went for so much i believe, Arsenal had a good sell on clause with bentley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

tred wrote: »
    Yeah i wonder how much of a sell on clause is in that?. thats why bentley went for so much i believe, Arsenal had a good sell on clause with bentley.

What difference does it make? He won't spend it.

There are some major developments going on at board level at the moment that could lead Arsenal into American(Kroenke) or Russian(Usmanov) hands
    Nina Bracewell-Smith has up and left the board over the new appointment of the Chief Exec apparently so she is out of the share lockdown and can sell her shares to the highest bidder.
    It's gonna be an interesting few days.....

http://ohtobeagooner.com/bracewell-smith-exit-opens-door-for-kroenke/

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Nina Bracewell-Smith has up and left the board over the new appointment of the Chief Exec apparently so she is out of the share lockdown
    Just coming on to post that. BBC have it too: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/7788895.stm

The family seem to have been involved forever though - would she possibly remain a shareholder but just not a board member? Also, can she really sell to the highest bidder or does it not have to go at whatever the market price is?

My own feeling is I'd like to see the club stay in similar ownership. Seems Danny Fizsman would have the cash to snap some up if he wanted but given that he voluntarily dipped below 25% (and the veto rights that came with that mark) I guess it's not likely.

EDIT: Also, just remember that even if Kroenke buys these shares, he's agreed not to go beyond the 29.9% takeover threshold till sometime next year so a takeover would seem unlikely now.

From the blogs and articles I have been reading this morning they seem to pointing towards Kroenke getting the shares and bring his total share percentage to 27.9%
    From reading about both I would rather Kroenke than Usmanov tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I think I'd prefer Selleck to The Hut too!

magnum_pi_tom_selleck.jpg

2564925.JabbaTheHutt.jpg

• Advertisement

Arsenal vs Roma

I suppose about the best we could have hoped for...

I was sure we were about to draw Barca there...

Aye, it was getting very scary alright...

Actually I think the best part of that draw from an Arsenal point of view is the amount of 'big' ties - only four of Barca, Lyon, Real, Liverpool, Chelsea, Juve, Utd and Inter will be in the next round.

Of course it only matters if Arsenal beat Roma!

Also glad it's Roma, they play a more attacking based game than other italian clubs so should suit Arsenal (hopefully)

• Advertisement

Happy enough with that draw. Roma are good enough for the team to up their game and take them seriously, but they're not as good as some of the other teams we coulda drawn. Plus our record in Italy is very good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Roma is a very good draw for us. Have to make the first leg at the Emirates count and not give away a stupid away goal and hopefully go out to Rome and finish the job.

Galvasean wrote: »
    For me it's:

1. Roma
    2. Bayern
    3. Panathinaikos
    4. Juventus
    5. Barcelona

Wooo! :D

Do Arsenal reserves play at White Hart Lane these days or is it a different sh1thole?

I think it's called The Underhill.
    Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Nina Bracewell-Smith has up and left the board

Good. Never liked her anyway.

I think it's called The Underhill.
    I think it's just Underhill - it's Barnet's ground.

Wenger on january transfer window:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-i-will-call-the-shots-in-january
    Basically he's saying he's probably not going to spend :(

Also apparently Chelsea want to offload Alex... how about a swap for Gallas? :P

I read in today's Mirror that Wenger said he expects Wilshire to take on the Bergkamp roll in future. No pressure so.

I read in today's Mirror that Wenger said he expects Wilshire to take on the Bergkamp roll in future. No pressure so.

Aye it was on the website the other day.
    He really could have done without saying this, put more hype and expectation on the lad why don't ya..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

On the other side the guy has shown very mature shoulders already and a comment like that would really be about as big as a morale boost as you can get.

mayordenis wrote: »
    On the other side the guy has shown very mature shoulders already and a comment like that would really be about as big as a morale boost as you can get.

As long as he doesn't get an England call up anytime soon...

As long as he doesn't get an England call up anytime soon...

That reminds me the draw for the U21s World Cup is today. I wonder if young Jack is in contention. Apparently Pearce wants Walcott to play in it - typical, burn him out why don't ya?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Wenger on january transfer window:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-i-will-call-the-shots-in-january
    Basically he's saying he's probably not going to spend :(

To be fair he's not gonna say he's in the market > inflate the prices of the players he's after and all that. The same thing was said the year we bought Reyes. And iirc Diaby and Adebayor came in after similar remarks.

That said, if he is being honest.....the man could do with a good cup of cop on or else we're in a spot of bother.

Digging a hole lads but expect a smiley face in this thread tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

I spent about 10 mins yesterday sifting through the Liverpool thread about the game tomorrow. I have never read so much bull**** ever. About 20 pages back there was a reference to it. About 15 pages on Babel/Champions League draw. What the hell to they be on over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

DenMan wrote: »
    I spent about 10 mins yesterday sifting through the Liverpool thread about the game tomorrow. I have never read so much bull**** ever. About 20 pages back there was a reference to it. About 15 pages on Babel/Champions League draw. What the hell to they be on over there.

It's horrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool thread is not too worked up about tomorrow (we've already agreed its a write off with an OG from Carra as he falls over having been turned inside out by Van Persie).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Arshavin for £20m would be such a waste of money.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I don't agree, might be a bit overpriced but we desperately need a replacement for Rosicky & Hleb.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement