Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Frisbee wrote: »
    Goonerstreams is down..

That's weird Arsenal.com is down too...

CONSPIRACY! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

The Iraqi boys aren't showing the game (as yet). Does anybody else know who is streaming it?

http://www.iraqgoals.com/en/

Team for today:

Arsenal

• 21 Fabianski
    • 03 Sagna
    • 10 Gallas
    • 20 Djourou
    • 18 Silvestre
    • 27 Eboue
    • 02 Diaby
    • 08 Nasri
    • 16 Ramsey
    • 11 Van Persie
    • 26 Bendtner
    Substitutes

• 01 Almunia,
    • 12 Vela,
    • 19 Wilshere,
    • 25 Adebayor,
    • 28 Bischoff,
    • 40 Gibbs,
    • 47 Randall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

http://en.justin.tv/neo40_2

Commentary is in french but good picture quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=27700&part=sports

Has Spanish commentary.

LoL. This chap has a webcam sitting in front of the tv and looks hilarious. 9 for effort. I think he is pissed and singing songs and using hand muppets ! ****ing hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Lovely stuff guys. Am actually learning Spanish so it's all good. I'd even take Klingon commentary now. :D

• Advertisement

redout wrote: »
    http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=27700&part=sports

Has Spanish commentary.

LoL. This chap has a webcam sitting in front of the tv and looks hilarious. 9 for effort. I think he is pissed and singing songs and using hand muppets ! ****ing hilarious.

Aw man, motion sickness.. :(

Bender booked..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    The one I'm using is perfect picture quality....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Excellent feed here.

http://www.livesoccer247.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Another injury, Silvestre this time. Good or bad?

Silvestre off for Gibbs

• Advertisement

Good in my eyes. Might get Kolo some game time over that muppet

Good as far as I'm concerned.

redout wrote: »
    Excellent feed here.

http://www.livesoccer247.com/

Agreed. Excellent picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I'm surprised Vela hasn't been given a chance in a game like this.

I'm surprised Vela hasn't been given a chance in a game like this.

I'm not.
    I don't know how in the universe this is possible.
    But Wenger seems to think Bendtner is better than Vela :confused:

I'm not.

It's just weird. Bendtner is Arsenal's worst foward in a long time. At least Jeffers got on the end of the odd chance and didn't give the ball away over and over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm not.
    Vela ahsn't taken the opportunity when given to him. He is a good player and has plenty of petential but we need players that will make the most of the chances they get(CC doesn't count).

And although I personally don't rate Bendtner much he has done this. I'd like to see Vela take an opportunity and get a run in the team but with Eduardo back I can't see this happening anytime soon

Jayzus, Francis Jeffers....

Just noticed RVP is captain. Would have preferred to see Sagna get it.

Q2002 wrote: »
    Vela ahsn't taken the opportunity when given to him. He is a good player and has plenty of petential but we need players that will make the most of the chances they get(CC doesn't count).

And although I personally don't rate Bendtner much he has done this. I'd like to see Vela take an opportunity and get a run in the team but with Eduardo back I can't see this happening anytime soon

Did you not see him when he came on against Pompey? He completely changed the game. Was very lively and got the ball across more in half an hour than we had for the entire match before that.
    And why does the CC not count? If he can play that well against Wigan with our reserve team surely he's play better with the full team. He's taken every chance available to him (except Fenerbache maybe) and just hasn't been rewarded for it imo.

Vela scored four goals in his first two league cup matches. He took all three chances against Sheffield United brilliantly. He was amazing against a full strength premiership side (wigan) and took his chance there as well as setting one up. He hasn't started a single premiership game and I think its unfair to judge on 7 subsitute appearances. Bendtner, on the other hand has one league goal all season in 8 starts and 5 sub appearances. Yeah, he really takes his chances.:rolleyes: Its a horrible record for anyone playing for a top 4 side. He's just frustrating to watch.

Vela scored as many goals in one start against a premiership side as Bendtner has in eight starts!

Carling cup or not, its clear who can put the chances away and who can't. Look at Bendtner in the carling cup against Burnley, missed a couple of one-on-ones.

• Advertisement

Vela scored four goals in his first two league cup matches. He took all three chances against Sheffield United brilliantly. He was amazing against a full strength premiership side (wigan) and took his chance there as well as setting one up. He hasn't started a single premiership game and I think its unfair to judge on 7 subsitute appearances. Bendtner, on the other hand has one league goal all season in 8 starts and 5 sub appearances. Yeah, he really takes his chances.:rolleyes: Its a horrible record for anyone playing for a top 4 side. He's just frustrating to watch.

Vela scored as many goals in one start against a premiership side as Bendtner has in eight starts!

Carling cup or not, its clear who can put the chances away and who can't. Look at Bendtner in the carling cup against Burnley, missed a couple of one-on-ones.
    Bendtner offers a different approach to attack that Vela. He is more of a target man and more of a physical threat. Comparing the two isn't really fair. I think Vela's major challenger for a start now is going to be Eduardo as they have a more similar style of play(Eduardo maybe being more attacking).

I think its Bendtners physical presence that won him the starts rather than being better than Vela. Wenger obviously believes with our midfield being so light we needed a more imposing striker to contrast it.

Bendtner offers a different approach to attack that Vela. He is more of a target man and more of a physical threat. Comparing the two isn't really fair. I think Vela's major challenger for a start now is going to be Eduardo as they have a more similar style of play(Eduardo maybe being more attacking).

I really don't know where your getting this from.
    Eduardo and Vela have completely contrasting styles of play.

Eduardo likes to get the ball with his back to goal, doesn't matter whether it be to his feet, chest or head, turn and try get a shot off or bring someone else into play.

Vela likes to get the ball a little deeper and run at players. Or run onto a through ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

van persie scores header against plymouth 1-0.

Bendtner rules.

I always find it funny when Bendtner scores haha.

2-1 jeeesus

It went down as an O.G.

Maybe I just see it the Wenger apparently does. I think in terms of the overall team having Vela start would not be at the expense of a striker. I think Wenger sees him as a striker but Eduardo offers more to the tream that Vela does.

Vela offers nothing more than Nasri does from midfield so why sacrifice a striker for this. In terms of a triking threat whilst Vela does have an eye for goal I think you'll find that Eduardo is more potent and will offer more of a broader threat.

Arsenal have more than their fair share of attack minded midfielders and Vela is kind of a mix between that and a striker. At the moment he just doesn't seem to fit into the system we are using.

Beau x1 wrote: »
    van persie scores header against plymouth 1-0.
    Bendtner rules.
    I always find it funny when Bendtner scores haha.
    2-1 jeeesus
    It went down as an O.G.

What? Where? Who?... WTF??

• Advertisement

You can get live commentary on bbc.co.uk/football

I can see us throwing this away.

Gotta head to work now so won't get the score till later, gonna be a nervous next few hours.

On a completely unrelated note.
    What would you lot think of signing dos Santos?
    Personally I think he's a quality player, would be good cover for the wings and I think we could get him cheap as chips as he obviously has no place in Harry's plans.
    If we had a bit of money left over after signing Veloso (touch wood), picking him up for 3million or so would be a bargain..

Maybe I just see it the Wenger apparently does. I think in terms of the overall team having Vela start would not be at the expense of a striker. I think Wenger sees him as a striker but Eduardo offers more to the tream that Vela does.

Vela offers nothing more than Nasri does from midfield so why sacrifice a striker for this. In terms of a triking threat whilst Vela does have an eye for goal I think you'll find that Eduardo is more potent and will offer more of a broader threat.

Arsenal have more than their fair share of attack minded midfielders and Vela is kind of a mix between that and a striker. At the moment he just doesn't seem to fit into the system we are using.

Eduardo? He's been injured for the last year! You must mean Bendtner?

I dunno, Vela looks like he can play as an out-an-out striker.

Vela on for Eboué we happy now?

Isn't Dos Santos horrifically injury prone?

Galvasean wrote: »

Massively happy.

Not that I'm aware of. He played all through the FIFA youth cup and all Mexico's WC qualifying games so far this year and have never heard of him being injury prone...

Should fit right in so

• Advertisement

Not really Bendtner's still on the pitch!:D

Seriously, we should be hammering plymouth with a full strength side what the hell is going on?

Eduardo? He's been injured for the last year! You must mean Bendtner?

No I mean Eduardo now that he is back I've stated in previous posts about why I thought Wenger has chosen Bendtner ahead of Vela.

Well Eduardo isn't gonna walk straight back in as a regular but if he returns to form quickly i'd be happy with van persie and eduardo, with vela as 3rd choice.
    ****, forgot about Adebayor. Well, a lot have top clubs have four forwards so they can rotate.

My beef is more with Bendtner rather than thinking Vela is the second coming or anything.

Attendance for today's game was over 59,000. I wonder were ticket prices reduced?

RVP makes it 3-1!

I love it when he scores goals, he can be quite a player imo, always tries to take the shot on target to a goal.

• Advertisement

Arturo Lupoli scored for Nowich today. Anyone remember him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

RVP makes it 3-1!

I love it when he scores goals, he can be quite a player imo, always tries to take the shot on target to a goal.

van Persie's a class act, if he stays fit all season, he'll definitely be our top scorer!

Oh yeah, the next Italian Superstar that never was.

Yeah, I had such high hopes for him!

3-1 final score. Decent result. Probably could have had 6 if we had the luck.

Same could be said of Rossi, although he has shown more!

Scored 42 goals for the reserves in one season IIRC. Wenger said he was the 'best finisher at the club". Bear in mind Henry was there at the time.
    Between Lupoli and Aliadiere we had the greatest strike force taht never was.

Through to the 4th round so. Good to see Van Persie get another couple of goals, some people might even be pleased that Bendtner's goal wasn't his. For the first time in years I really want Arsenal to win the cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Scored 42 goals for the reserves in one season IIRC. Wenger said he was the 'best finisher at the club". Bear in mind Henry was there at the time.
    Between Lupoli and Aliadiere we had the greatest strike force taht never was.

what happened Lupoli anyway? was it injuries or something because i remember seeing him a few times here and then and he looked the real deal. Still only 21 though so there could still be time for him i guess.

and how the hell did he end up in Norwich? I thought he went back to Italy.

what happened Lupoli anyway? was it injuries or something because i remember seeing him a few times here and then and he looked the real deal. Still only 21 though so there could still be time for him i guess.

and how the hell did he end up in Norwich? I thought he went back to Italy.

Link

He's on loan at Norwich from Fiorentina

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement