Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Galvasean wrote: »
    According to Wikipedia since moving he has played a grand total of... once.
    Man i hope that's not up to date..

I think Wiki is reasonably accurate, they only display league games though...so Uefa Cup and Italian Cup games aren't included there, but I think he's started 3 Uefa Cup games anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

anyone been keeping tabs on him? is he playing at all for Milan?

The only time I saw Senderos this season was the Milan v Pompey UEFA Cup match. From what I saw it was the same old Senderos, solid at times but made too many silly mistakes and slow to react when the ball is played into the channels. The Italian game will suit him more because of the slower pace and I for one would rather Arsenal sold him and used the money for a new centre half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

anyone think we should put a sneaky bid in for Flamini?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

anyone think we should put a sneaky bid in for Flamini?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Apparently Arshavin has had a big sexy going away party with all his mates:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1108804/ANDREI-ARSHAVIN-EXCLUSIVE-I-want-prove-good-I-am.html
    If one of those photos is anything to go by, I doubt he found it easy to get served at the bar:

article-1108804-02F68B56000005DC-137_468x346.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    If one of those photos is anything to go by, I doubt he found it easy to get served at the bar:

article-1108804-02F68B56000005DC-137_468x346.jpg

Whose the blondie fella at the front right, or new CB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Whose the blondie fella at the front right, or new CB?
    Yea he's our new signing Sean Markey.. apparently he is just what we need ;)

Yea he's our new signing Sean Markey.. apparently he is just what we need ;)

He looks much younger without the beard...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

just heard on SSN Gallas and Silvestre both out for 3 weeks, is Kolo still injured, who are the current CBs, Djourou plus one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Wenger said that Toure is back along with Denilson. So I'd guess it'll be Djourou and Toure. Anyone know if Clichy is back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

playa3 wrote: »
    Wenger said that Toure is back along with Denilson. So I'd guess it'll be Djourou and Toure. Anyone know if Clichy is back?

A few games of Djourou and Toure together sounds pretty good to me. I haven't given up on Kolo at all, I just think he's suffered from playing alongside Gallas who is the same kind of player really.

Although, the way our defenders pick up injuries, I'd expect to See Song beside on of them next week.

gosplan wrote: »
    A few games of Djourou and Toure together sounds pretty good to me. I haven't given up on Kolo at all, I just think he's suffered from playing alongside Gallas who is the same kind of player really.

Although, the way our defenders pick up injuries, I'd expect to See Song beside on of them next week.

Yeah i know what you mean. Wenger has said that the reason Toure hasn't been playing is because he wants JD there for his height and then its pretty much between Gallas and Toure for the other place. Hopefully toure can get a decent run and pick up his form without any more injuries

Djourou and Youre with only Nordveidt and Markey Song (whom I never rated highly as a defender) in reserve?
    Might well be time to call back Senderos if we can't buy anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

well milan have senderos figured out....trying as hard as they can to get agger or any other CB going so i cant see how he'd improve us massively.

would you guys prefer agger to senderos at arsenal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Kirnsy wrote: »

Id rather look like dirk kuyt than have that ape senderos back playing for arsenal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

gosplan wrote: »

Hopefully you mean beside Gallas and Silvestre on the bench...

Sure, but I'd also prefer John Terry or Vidic.
    Can't see 'pool selling Agger now that he's returning to fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Arsene gave an interview today where he said that a defensive midfielder was a 'priority' but no mention of names.
    This at least looks promising especially if Arshavin can also be added.
    Ideally I would have liked a CB also but I will be pretty happy at the end of January with Arshavin and a quality DM.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/7820136.stm

If Senderos was back at Arsenal, he'd be the exact same as he always was - no matter you think of our defence this season, Senderos would still be too slow for a lot of Premier League matches, still be decent in Europe, and still always need a run of 5+ games to find any form. No rose-tinted glasses please.

But as for Agger, I don't really think he'd be what we need either to be honest.

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Arsene gave an interview today where he said that a defensive midfielder was a 'priority' but no mention of names.
    This at least looks promising especially if Arshavin can also be added.
    Ideally I would have liked a CB also but I will be pretty happy at the end of January with Arshavin and a quality DM.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/7820136.stm

I'm happier with a DM myself over a CB. I'm happy enough for the moment with the Gallas/Toure/Djourou grouping. If we can hoosh Silvestre out the door in the summer and bring in another good CB, we're away.

• Advertisement

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/eduardo-in-most-difficult-recovery-stage

Nice to see we're not going to pull a Liverpool on it and bring him back too early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

The boss has come out earlier saying that negotiations between the club and Arshavin's representatives and Zenit are progressing well.

http://www.skysports.com/football/transfer_clockwatch/0,,14896,00.html?reloaded

(12:10pm)

13.41 Alberto Aquilani is set to end speculation about his future by signing a new long-term contract at Roma. The Italian has in the past been linked with Arsenal.

To bad, always thought he'd fit in well with our style of play...

skysports wrote:
    15.49 Joe Kinnear has branded reports linking Charles N'Zogbia with a move to Arsenal as 'laughable'.
    I always liked Joe Kinnear...

Afternoon all.

We are on channel 3 at the following:

http://www.livesoccer247.com/

Today's team.

Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Toure, Djourou, Clichy, Eboue, Diaby, Denilson, Nasri, Adebayor, Van Persie.
    Subs: Fabianski, Vela, Ramsey, Wilshere, Bendtner, Bischoff, Gibbs.

Who's captain?

EDIT: Just seens it is Toure. I'm happy with that

Kolo Toure. For some reason the stream has lost sound but the picture is not freezing out.

There seems to be a lot of the usual play across the 40 yard line area with the odd burst going forward and the Bolton defence clearin it out for Arsenal to start again. Same old, same old.

Kevin Davies has to be the dirtiest player in the Premiership!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Very pedestrian, don't look threatening at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

lads anyone know if s-video can let you put your tv to your pc. I am trying to setup a stream of the Arsenal game from my tv here in Spain. But the s-video works pc to tv afaik and not sure if it does the other way around. anyone know ?

redout wrote: »
    lads anyone know if s-video can let you put your tv to your pc. I am trying to setup a stream of the Arsenal game from my tv here in Spain. But the s-video works pc to tv afaik and not sure if it does the other way around. anyone know ?

Here is a link you might find useful redeye. These guys are great for techie stuff....although it seems a bit gay at the start. Very helpful nonetheless.

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-connect-your-laptop-to-your-television

The sound comes back before half time and fcuks up the video. Has anybody else been having stop and start viewing? The video was perfect when it had no sound. Might have a look at justin.tv and see what they have.

DenMan wrote: »
    Here is a link you might find useful redeye. These guys are great for techie stuff....although it seems a bit gay at the start. Very helpful nonetheless.

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-connect-your-laptop-to-your-television

Thanks man but I want to take my tv screen and put it on the laptop so I can stream it to people. That video shows you how to do the opposite. I checked justin.tv but they say to use a webcam. I could give it a go but I think the picture will be not to good.

videojug.com is a great website redeye. If you run a search there I am sure you will find what you need. Good luck man. Stream is coming in good now with video and audio. Let's hope it stays that way.

Does anyone else get the feeling that the longer we go without scoring the more chance we have of losing 1-0

Thank God for that goal..YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Goal............

Bendtner

1 - 0

Right I've been converted. On that performance the team badly needs Arshavin.

Diaby woeful. Nasri held on to the ball for far too long and then just passed it sideways when he eventually decided to get rid of it.

My god that was an awful performance. Didn't create a thing until they realised there was only 20 minutes left and Vela came on.

That match just shows how much Arshavin could help. The team is clueless in attack atm, apart from van Persie but he still can't consistently convert chances.

• Advertisement

We were lucky today, that's for sure. Got the get out of jail card with that great link up with Van Persie and Bendtner. Was very impressed with Nasri. He always wants the ball and runs with it. Finally saw the last 20 mins in peace on iraqgoals.com.

Get Arshavin in and possibly N'Zogbia too quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Kevin Davies has to be the dirtiest player in the Premiership!

A tinker of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Great result in the Stoke match, can see the pressure slowly getting to Liverpool which keeps us in with an outside chance, what sort of result do we want in the man utd/Chelsea match?

Um I'd be more worried about getting 4th than winning the league .

Bender to the rescue eh?

I had no idea the match was on Setanta Ireland today. And to think I started work at 3. It's such a nuisance that arsenal.com doesn't mention when matches are televised on Setanta Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I had no idea the match was on Setanta Ireland today. And to think I started work at 3. It's such a nuisance that arsenal.com doesn't mention when matches are televised on Setanta Ireland.

Different country I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I suppos it's good that we now have 2 premiership clean sheets in a row.

DenMan wrote: »

Get Arshavin in and possibly N'Zogbia too quickly.

Why would you want N'Zogbia?
    He's a plank we don't need a left back or left winger so it would be pointless getting him in.

Um I'd be more worried about getting 4th than winning the league .

In terms of the league, I say, why not? Man United wouldn't give up at this stage and Chelsea were worse off this time last season. if we can get the right men in to help the youngsters this month, were as good as anyone. ill keep believing until its mathematically impossible.
    However, the work rate needs to improve drastically in midfield. Diaby is like an old man at times. giving the ball away cheaply and lusterless fighting to win it back. Eboue is not good enough to play for us. Despite another late show from bendtner i don't think he has the technical ability either.
    I have been very impressed with Denilson the last few weeks despite my earlier criticisms of him. I admire the fight and desire he's been showing for example when we were under the cosh vs Villa. A battler in midfield would help an enormous amount and would provide that foil for the more creative players like Denilson and Cesc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

Its such a shame that Diaby's passing is muck because he has bags of ability, but I don't think he's going to cut it at Arsenal. If lack of transfer funds is an issue at Arsenal at the moment surely we could offload Eboue, Diaby and Bendtner as they really are deadwood and bring in someone of real quality. Eboue was rubbish again yesterday, I watched the whole game on Setanta and I don't remember him getting a single cross in from the right. Instead he kept cutting inside and cluttering up the box, to the point where Adebayor ended up on the wing the whole time trying to get crosses in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What's happening with Arshavin now?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement