Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

There's number 9.

Wiltshire with his second from the spot after he was fouled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

10 :D its should be about 25 though

Double figures.

Theo Walcott.

20 minutes to go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Another three I would imagine, maybe four.

They have scored one and celebrating like they won haha

10-1

Peter Artner got one back for Burgenland. Anybody see it go in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I honestly think I'm better than some of those players :) Vela really is a talent though, his quality was even on show there today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So they did take it seriosuly then! :p

Mike

This is driving me mad. First of all how could a professional football team lose a game and concede 10 goals. I am an Arsenal supporter by the way so delighted with the result and the performances of Bendtner and Vela especially. Surely these boys from Burganland are in their own pre season preparations preparing for the start of their own league. Not taking anything away from Arsenal's terrific win here tonight but surely Burganland have to take responsibility for their own performance. Their players must have ambitions to play for bigger clubs as well and it's their own performances that will determine whether or not they make the step up. Sorry for the rant but the Burganland manager must be pulling his hair out (what's left of it). They must have some sort of a professional set up over there and to be honest it does not bear well for the future of young Austrian footballers coming through. The fact that they scored two tonight means they can actually perform (even though Arsenal might have taken their foot off the pedal) Well done Gunners on a super performance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Frightening if their keeper is a professional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

From the Arsenal web site:
    This was Arsenal's third visit to Ritzing in the past five years. The first had ended in a 2-2 draw. The second, in 2005, saw the visitors run out 5-2 winners in a match that celebrated the opening of the home team's newly-developed stadium. This small town on the Hungarian border only has 900 inhabitants but it possesses a ground that would grace any English Conference side.

Ritzing themselves play in the Austrian 'Mitte' Regional League however today's opponents, a Burgenland XI, were drawn from teams of a lower standard. It would be glaringly obvious throughout the 90 minutes.

Its a mix of several conference teams!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Diddy Kong wrote: »

Its a mix of several conference teams!

They were not world beaters those Burgerland select XI maybe a fast food venture would serve them better :D
    But all the same it was good to score 10 goals and Bendtner looked sharp took his goals well, Vela looked good and Wilshire impressed again
    Is the Stuttgart game on Setanta ? that will be a better standard at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

What a waste of a friendly. Sure its fun to put ten past a team but seriously whats the point? I mean the goalie turned his back on Bendtner for his fourth. Defenders tripping over the ball and watching players run past without running after them. Why bother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Jeez... just saw the scores for that! Ramsey 1
    Bendtner 15
    Bendtner 20
    Vela 25
    Bendtner 30
    Vela 33
    Bendtner 38
    Vela 53
    Wilshere (pen) 65
    Walcott 69

Like a goal for every 9 minutes they played! BRILLIANT!

I have to say Walcott has scored 2 goals in the last two matches...

Seems like the one to watch now.

For those who missed the massacre yesterday here are the highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkqKAjoFoEs (First Half)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHxuajiWAkc&feature=related (Second Half)

Den

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

DenMan wrote: »
    For those who missed the massacre yesterday here are the highlights.
    Well that was pointless. Good to see Wilshere at last though, and Vela's 1st was beautifully taken, although against that kind of defending everyone looks class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I have been reading on some Arsenal blogs this morning that Arsenal could be entitled to anywhere up to 50% of the sell on price of Bentley if Spurs buy him due to the original sell on clause when we sold him
    Does anyone know a dependable source for the the correct figure ?

If true Arsenal could get up to 8.5 mil from his sale :D

• Advertisement

I read Ian Wright's column in the Sun (yeah I know I know) yesterday. He fears Arsenal have begun a stepping stone club for 'wannabe superstars' citing the departures of Hleb and Flamini. He also said any fans who think Arsenal will stay in the top four this season are being optimistic rather than realistic. I seem to recall a similar article by him this time last season predicting mid table mediocrity.

Is the Stuttgart game on telly tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Arsenal have always been a bit of a stepping stone club. They did well to hang on to Vieira and Henry for as long as they did, but both left in the end to pursue their dreams at bigger clubs. You might say it was the right time to sell, but the players themselves thought they were moving on to bigger and better things.

Other such as Overmars, Petit, Anelka, now Hleb and Flamini (Adebayor would be there too if anybody thought he was worth as much as he does). Made a name for themselves and moved on. Funny thing is it rarely works out. I fully expect Hleb and Flamini to look ordinary at their new clubs. It's a pity but it seems to be the way of things. Arsenal will always struggle to keep hold of their top quality players. Before long Cesc will be off to Barca too. I guess it's a bit much to expect loyalty from your players when none of them are homegrown.

When Wenger moves on and Arsenal lose the ability to create a decent squad for nothing, the doom mongers will have a field day. Until then I doubt they'll finish outside the top 4. I don't see any improvement on last season though. It really sucks, only a couple of players away from a championship winning squad and key members of the old squad up and leave.

I guess it's a bit much to expect loyalty from your players when none of them are homegrown.

I guess it makes the Bergkamp incident more strange. He was unusually loyal.

Arsenal have always been a bit of a stepping stone club.

IMO there are only 3-4 clubs in the world that are not stepping stone clubs. Chelsea, Utd, Madrid, Milan and even they have trouble at times. But these things change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I don't think it's a question of home-grown players but rather their nationality.(as in it doesn't make a difference if they're from the club or not)

When Utd pay way over the odds for Rooney, Carrick, Rio and so on they're getting ripped off in one way but in another they're purchasing players that will be there for a very long time and probably never agitate for a move away.

I'd expect the same of Walcott. When Sol moved he was moving down. Adams, Keown etc. English players usually want to stay in England and when you're in a top four team there's no real point in moving to another.

As we've seen, if you sign someone like Flamini, Ade, Hleb etc. They've no particular love of England or life there so leaving for Milan, Madrid or Barca is probably a long term goal for them.

If you're dealing with someone who calls England home, then once you get to one of the big four, it would be incredibly hard to move to another. Steve Gerrard nearly did it but as soon as he realized he could challenge with Liverpool he backed out.

I mean take Ronaldo for example. If he was from England he'd have no interest in moving to another country and he'd be at Utd forever. The best he could do would be a pointless move across or a move down.

The only two exceptions I can think of are Cashley who's just a total turd and Beckham who's a total egomaniac and wanted to be a Galactico.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    I have been reading on some Arsenal blogs this morning that Arsenal could be entitled to anywhere up to 50% of the sell on price of Bentley if Spurs buy him due to the original sell on clause when we sold him
    Does anyone know a dependable source for the the correct figure ?

If true Arsenal could get up to 8.5 mil from his sale :D

Yeah there's a clause in his contract that Arsenal get 40% of his sell on price.
    He's going for about £12million, with it being able to rise to $15million through add-on's and performance. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

GUNNERS SNAP UP BISCHOFF
    Arsenal have signed midfielder Amaury Bischoff from Werder Bremen.
    Full story to follow...

from sportinglife...

does anyone know anything about this fella?

Amaury Bischoff has joined Arsenal from Werder Bremen today. I did hear a rumor of that a few weeks ago, and now they have signed him. Anybody know anything about him? Portuguese Under-21 international. Hope it is a great signing (Wenger's ones always are). Nice one Arsene. Can play in the centre or on the right.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=494612&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Portuguese+midfielder+Amaury+Bischoff+joins+Arsenal

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Only made one appearance for Werder Bremen, was injured for a large portion of the last two seasons.

Still, Wenger knows him from his time at Strasbourg apparently, so hopefully he'll be another quality find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Frisbee wrote: »
    He's going for about £12million, with it being able to rise to $15million through add-on's and performance. :D
    Given where he's going, I'd be happy for those bonuses not to come into play. Although I'd rather take the cut of £12m than $15m (about £7.5m) anyway :)

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    Amaury Bischoff has joined Arsenal from Werder Bremen today. I did hear a rumor of that a few weeks ago, and now they have signed him. Anybody know anything about him? Portuguese Under-21 international. Hope it is a great signing (Wenger's ones always are). Nice one Arsene. Can play in the centre or on the right.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=494612&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Portuguese+midfielder+Amaury+Bischoff+joins+Arsenal

Is he the midfielder Wenger was in the market for? I was hoping for maybe some experience and certainly not another winger.
    At least he has stubble. Might make him a bit formidable and be a possible replacement for Flamini?

So, anyone know if the game aginst Stuttgart is on TV tonight?

Galvasean wrote: »
    So, anyone know if the game aginst Stuttgart is on TV tonight?

Its on Setanta 1 I'm fairly sure...

The channel I dont have.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Its on Setanta 1 I'm fairly sure...

The channel I dont have.... :(

It is on Arsenal tv.

Setanta Ireland are showing it at 12 tonight aswell....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Almunia
    Sagna
    Clichy
    Gallas
    Djourou
    Denilson
    Nasri
    Eboue
    Walcott
    Adebayor
    Van Persie

Nasri starts! In central midfield it would seem. Almunia is captain which is kinda weird...and eboue's still right wing:(

For the love of god. How is Eboue still in this team?
    He shows no promise and I think Wenger has given him long enough to prove himself.
    About time he see's him for what he is and thats cover for Sagna if he gets injured....

Surely he could put Nasri on the right and give Diaby a shot at CM...
    Or Walcott on the right and Diaby or Vela on the left.

[/rant]

Diaby is injured. Still i agree with you if he was available

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Setanta Ireland are showing it at 12 tonight aswell....

No highlights advertised on Setanta.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

He doesnt trust Diaby in the centre and never will. Hope Eboue gets injured, long term. Looking forward to seeing Nasri in action.

Seems Gallas is indeed captain

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    No highlights advertised on Setanta.:confused:

My mistake, its not Setanta Ireland.
    It's Setanta Sports.

Just checked the listing there and the full game is being shown at 12 tonight...

playa3 wrote: »
    Almunia
    Sagna
    Clichy
    Gallas
    Djourou
    Denilson
    Nasri
    Eboue
    Walcott
    Adebayor
    Van Persie

Nasri starts! In central midfield it would seem. Almunia is captain which is kinda weird...and eboue's still right wing:(
    Maybe Sagna is at centre-back, Eboue is RB and Djourou partners Denilson in central midfield? Unlikely but you never know.

// ****, hadn't realised the game had already kicked off. Eboue in central midfield??!

Eboue in central midfield??!

*vomits profusely*

lol, he is.

........... Almunia

Sagna Gallas Djourou Clichy

Walcott Eboue Denilson Nasri

....... Adebayor van Persie

Thats the most ridiculous thing I've heard since:

'Freddy Adu is the new Pele'

watch him put in the performance of a lifetime now just to be awkward

or break Nasri's leg somehow....

Why the **** is Eboue in central midfield? Jesus! Wenger sees something in him that nobody else does.

Van Persie is some ****ing player I tell ya

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I've had more doubts about AW during this off season than ever before. We needed to spend big and we havent. And now he's playing that useless, petulant waste of space in centre midfield. What next...

Get in, great goal by Vela. 1-1. Setup by Bendtner.

**** me Bendtner just scored an amazing goal! He's coming on something fierce!

• Advertisement

LOL another great goal, Bendtner starting and finishing the move with an assist this time by Vela. They look like a nice partnership.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement