Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

8.15 The on-off Andrei Arshavin move to Arsenal gathers pace with Gunners chairman Peter Hill-Wood's exclamation that a bid has been lodged with Zenit and it's a 'take-it or leave-it' offer.

So we should know within the next day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I saw the last 20 mins of the game last night. Eduardo's movement is second to none. He reminds me of Ronaldo (the fat one, not pretty boy) in his prime. Unlucky to have a goal disallowed for offside. I thought the striker was supposed to get the benefit.

Wilshere is just a class act and as been previously quoted, Bradyesque!

I like Medira too, just a pity he hasn't a bit more pace. Randall is not good enough in my opinion and in a year or two will be playing for Colchester.

Two goals conceeded very similar to the 1st team...can't defend from crosses.

11.49 Reports from Germany suggest that Hoffenheim have had an approach for Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner rejected by Arsene Wenger.

This is a good thing imo.
    He's a donkey, but his work ethic is improving and he's useful for battering defences into submission...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Roaster wrote: »

Two goals conceeded very similar to the 1st team...can't defend from crosses.

Actually just something that occured to me the other day along these lines. I know we've conceded a **** load from crosses and the like in open play, but when is the last time we've conceded directly from a corner or freekick? We've scored a couple recently from them, Gallas, Adebayor etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

playa3 wrote: »
    when is the last time we've conceded directly from a corner or freekick?
    Zat Knight against Villa methinks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Zat Knight against Villa methinks...

Nope that was open play http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1903174/
    Though still as a result of a cross into the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Cousins against us at the Emirates. Also down at Fulham, that one was scored from the corner kick - and we lost both those games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Good to see Eduardo clocking up the hours...
    He seems to think he's ready/

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/eduardo-now-i-am-ready-for-the-first-team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

from looking at sky sport news its seems Arsenals final bid is 15 million for Arshavin
    monday is suppose to be the deadline for the deal

but still hardly any talk of a DM or CB though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

And I see we turned down interest for Eboue form Spain as he's signing a new contract. Should have let him go, petulant waste of space.

• Advertisement

Rodgers going away on loan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/northampton_town/7844498.stm

Hopefully they'll teach him how to play football.

keano_afc wrote: »
    And I see we turned down interest for Eboue form Spain as he's signing a new contract. Should have let him go, petulant waste of space.

disappointed.png

but still hardly any talk of a DM or CB though

I doubt we'll be seeing one this January. Arshavin will take up our budget I'd say.
    keano_afc wrote: »

I'm happy enough he stayed. If Sagna got injured now with Walcott already injured he's good cover

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

arshavin.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

It's like people going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on......

Back and to the left........

jank wrote: »
    arshavin.jpg

where did you pull that thing from??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Dunno if it has been posted yet but Wilshere scored a nice goal in the reserves for you lot the other night...

wilshere.gif

jank wrote: »
    arshavin.jpg

I don't get it :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Galvasean wrote: »
    I don't get it :confused:
    Me neither...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

So anyone want to bet on what will happen with Arshavin? I reckon he'll be confirmed on Arsenal.com on Monday... at 4.41pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

There were reports in Russia that the final bid was rejected??

There were reports in Russia on every outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

If they reject £15m then so be it, I don't think he's worth more than that. Unproven in a big league and will be 28 by the time he's up and running next August.

Then again if Palacios and Bellamy are worth £14m....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

So anyone want to bet on what will happen with Arshavin? I reckon he'll be confirmed on Arsenal.com on Monday... at 4.41pm.

You think they will announce it that early?

My bet is on them announcing somebody completely unknown for an undisclosed amount (before they sell them again in 3 years for 25 million).

GuanYin wrote: »
    You think they will announce it that early?
    Hmm, perhaps you're right. I'll say 4.43pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I dunno, after watching Wenger on sky earlier he was saying that his squad is good enough as it is right now and that transfers don't worry him. Sounded to me like it wasn't happening.

But time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Does anybody think that the boss will play Bischoff on Sunday. He has been excellent in the reserves from what I have been reading. Incidentially where exactly does he play? Is it in the centre of the park or a more offensive position? Would love to see him play.

21.03 Zenit St Petersburg have reportedly lowered their asking price for Arsenal target Andrei Arshavin. Will the Gunners land the Russian before the close of the transfer window?

Just an update

Seems like zenit are pushing for a deal to be done this evening, more than likely its just a zenit mouth piece trying a manipulate the arsenal into handing over more cash.

Their directors are as bad as those prats at madrid,

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_4840570,00.html

• Advertisement

The Arshavin deal is looking increasingly unlikely :(

At least the Guardian has a nice article on our Welsh wunderkind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

Ramsey getting a hard time from the Cardiff fans early on, seems to be affecting him a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

any links to watch the game online lads?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

I'm watching it off this one, but to be honest it's coming and going at the moment. Hopefully someone else will have a better stable stream. It might get better here......hopefully.

http://www.iraqgoals.com/en/ch1.html

Yeah, could do with the same. Don't have Setanta.

Its on Setanta Ireland lads.
    Eboue just booked for diving. I still Can't believe we turned down a bid for him.
    On the plus side though Kieren Gibbs looks fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Eboue has issues. He even dived when he lost control of the ball in the box with no players within 5 yards of him. He just sees the box and automatically hits the deck. Moron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Bendtner is really showing how bad a player he is during this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Eboue really is his own worst enemy, surely someone should take him aside and tell him to stop the fcuking diving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

vp's forgotten how to shoot from open play from 30 yds

pity that...

Bendtner is really showing how bad a player he is during this game.
    Wreck wrote: »
    Eboue really is his own worst enemy, surely someone should take him aside and tell him to stop the fcuking diving.

He's just a really poor player who's even out of his depth against Cardiff as is Bendtner! (Sorry Frisbee lol :p)

• Advertisement

id imagine arsenal fans collectively shudder when they see bendtner and eboue in a starting line-up.

song would normally bring the same shudders, but he's having a decent game. having to cover for ramsey's shocker and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

How bad is his passing though? Jesus for a lad playing at such a high level he can't pass to save his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Wilshire was 4 when Wenger became Arsenal manager.
    Ha, that is unbelievable.

Feck, this was our chance to get one over on Villa.
    With them being forced to a replay and an extra game that could have helped.
    Disappointing performance aside from Song, Diaby and Gibbs.
    Once again no Vela...

Frisbee wrote: »
    Once again no Vela...

Vela was sick. Of your fawning. :P

Frisbee wrote: »
    Once again no Vela...

I think Vela got ill during the warm up, was due to be on the bench though. I'm not the biggest fan of song but he did pretty well today as did Diaby when he came on. I was very impressed with Gibbs I must say, he looks like he's going to be a fantastic player. The future looks great with players like Vela, Wiltshire, Gibbs and Ramsey etc... Its just the here and now I'm worried about. :(

+1 on Song and Gibbs

Granted it was against a tiring, Championship side but Song dominated the 2nd half.

Gibbs surprised me. His passing and attacking weren't great but he had more composure than the rest of the backline put together. He's got a great tackle by the looks of it too.

Anyone ever hear of a lad named Oguzhan Ozyakup? Came off the bench and scored two for the youth team yesterday.

Anyone ever hear of a lad named Oguzhan Ozyakup? Came off the bench and scored two for the youth team yesterday.

*checks Football Manager*

My god.... He's not even in FM09!

You can't just type random letters and expect people to believe its a real player.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement