Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Nooooo not No.13!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Arsenal haven't reached an agreement with Zenit.

its off according to SSN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

website says it is still on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

It's on, its off, its on again, its off again, its on again, It's off again...He's flying to London, its off again, he's flying back to Russia, No wait! its on again, he's on the next flight to London, off again, waiting for his flight back to Russia, No no he's checking out Hotels in London, its off again. Arshavin passes medical!....it's off again..........

This is the most ****in ridiculous transfer saga ever!:mad:

If it really doesn't go through i will be seriously annoyed for allowing myself to get optimistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Will be extracting the urine a little if the deal is facilitated by the PL on the grounds of weather seeing as he's been at the Emirates for most of the day, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I reckon he is going to sign by the end of the night. The chap does nothing but complain at Zenit. Its either this or wait till the summer so I reckon he is going to sign and Arsene to knock a few bob off his wages to !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I really couldn't give a crap at this stage.
    I'd rather the money was spent somewhere else on someone who isn't going to cause problems.

God Help him he wont be earning nearly 4 million a year, he'll only be getting less than half that, how will he survive without selling 6 of his cars?

Footballers earn ridiculous money and yet they are one of the greediest professions

Zenit to make a statement at 7 ! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

source?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

If Arshavin has been in London all day, Arsenal can hardly blame the snow here to get the deal pushed through late surely the deal is off now no matter whats said at 7pm by Zenith. yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

If Arshavin has been in London all day, Arsenal can hardly blame the snow here to get the deal pushed through late surely the deal is off now no matter whats said at 7pm by Zenith. yes?

Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Dust still has to settle but Arsenal seem to be saying it's done, medical is passed etc and for some reason Zenit are the only ones confusing the issue.

SSN said they just spoke to an agent involved in the deal who said everything was faxed to PL well before the deadline and that Arsenal were of the understanding the deal was done.

people are going on as if its the end of the world. so we didn't pay over the odds for an unproven player! big deal. truth is if we weren't going to buy a defensive player this window then it wasn't going to make much difference anyway. anyhow the behavior of both arshavin and zenit left alot to be desired.
    id have preferred the money went on Alonso or arteta.

WEnger says the deal will go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Arsene has said Arsenal will make an announcement tonight and it will be positive so deal looks like it is done thankfully.

No

Deal is done according to Arsene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The paperwork was sent well before the 5pm deadline

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    No

Deal is done according to Arsene.

well Its not what i as a Villa fan want to hear (although as a football fan im looking forward to watching him) but I was just saying i doubt they would be using the snow/weather excuse for a late deal, with Arshavin here in london all day. If its done according to Arsene id say the deal was put through before 5pm and then Zenith just confused everyone guess we will see when Zenith make that statement in a few mins.

well Its not what i as a Villa fan want to hear (although as a football fan im looking forward to watching him) but I was just saying i doubt they would be using the snow/weather excuse for a late deal, with Arshavin here in london all day. If its done according to Arsene id say the deal was put through before 5pm and then Zenith just confused everyone guess we will see when Zenith make that statement in a few mins.

To be fair the whole snow thing is sky talking and not Arsenal,though to be fair to them they did say at 17:00 just cause we havent announced it doesn't mean deals have not been done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

how can this deal for Arshavin go ahead

I taught the transfer was only extended to 7.00 pm

am i missing somthing ?

surely Arsene cant blame the weather for the delay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

sky say fee and personal terms finalised. they even said he's been given the number 13 shirt.

nothing 100% yet but i expect an announcement shortly...

how can this deal for Arshavin go ahead

am i missing somthing ?

surely Arsene cant blame the weather for the delay

All the paperwork could be done already.

You don't have to announce it as soon as it goes ahead.
    We could wait till Friday to announce it if we felt like it as long as all the paperwork was in on time.

The website is running so slow for some reason.
    Maybe it's being updated or something...

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

The website is being absolutely hammered with people looking for an announcement, I'd say.

I just want to see the photos of Emirates in the snow :(

(Plus I want to check our latest results to respond to the person who thinks we don't need to get Arshavin... goal scoring extraordinaires that we are lately...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Frisbee wrote: »
    All the paperwork could be done already.

You don't have to announce it as soon as it goes ahead.
    We could wait till Friday to announce it if we felt like it as long as all the paperwork was in on time.

good point

and the transfer window is still open

so clubs have all night

personally im looking forward to Arshavin in the PL

cant wait to see him

first game could be against spurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

(Plus I want to check our latest results to respond to the person who thinks we don't need to get Arshavin... goal scoring extraordinaires that we are lately...)
    Ironically enough scoring wasn't a problem before Christmas but couldn't defend to save our lives. Now we seem to be pretty tight at the back but cant buy a goal!

Ironically enough scoring wasn't a problem before Christmas but couldn't defend to save our lives. Now we seem to be pretty tight at the back but cant buy a goal!
    Hard to believe with a midfield trio of Diaby, Denilson and Song, eh?

Adebayor seems to be struggling to hit the net now when it was working for him before imo, RVP has been class

• Advertisement

Hard to believe with a midfield trio of Diaby, Denilson and Song, eh?
    Yeah...........real surprising :D

Adebayor seems to be struggling to hit the net now when it was working for him before imo, RVP has been class
    Adabayor is really taking the piss. Clearly doesn't want to be there anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I'm starting to think Sky Sports are just making up statements and attributing them to people just to prolong this farce.

Nope, don't think it's that, think he just a poor finisher (for a 'big' club) and last season was just variance. I said it at the time, if we were really offered 30 million for him we should have jumped at.

The only reason Ade got as many goals last year was because of the people he had around him.
    He doesn't have Cesc, Hleb or Rosicky now.
    He is a very poor finisher and only got so many goals because Arsenal make so many chances

am i missing somthing ?

Just because sky sports have not announced it , does not mean the deal is not done.

Wreck wrote: »
    Nope, don't think it's that, think he just a poor finisher (for a 'big' club) and last season was just variance. I said it at the time, if we were really offered 30 million for him we should have jumped at.
    What about his body language though? He appears to me as if he thinks he's above it all.

Maybe I'm wrong though. Either way I hope he gets back into form or that 4th place could be in real jeopardy.

Another factor in Adebayor's form is that Clichy and Sagna haven't been as good going forward (again, down to the lack of Fabregas, Hleb and Rosicky imo).

Come on Arsenal, get this done...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Arsenal's Arshavin deal in doubt

Arshavin starred for Russia with some fine displays during Euro 2008
    Andrei Arshavin's proposed move from Zenit St Petersburg to Arsenal has fallen through, according to reports.

The Associated Press and Reuters claim the deal collapsed when the clubs could not reach agreement before the 1700 GMT transfer window deadline.

The transfer reportedly broke down over the size of the fee and compensation Zenit would be paid for allowing Arshavin to break his contract.

"The deal is definitely off," Zenit spokesman Alexei Petrov told Reuters.

AP quoted Petrov as saying: "The deal didn't happen. Arshavin is coming back to Zenit".

It was understood that Arsenal had agreed a fee with Zenit St Petersburg, during which time the 27-year-old accepted personal terms and passed a medical.

Earlier, BBC Radio 5 Live's Mike Sewell revealed that the deal was, however, some way from completion.

"Zenit want half of his signing on fee," said Sewell. "That is now the sticking point."

Early on Monday it looked as though any potential deal for the Russia international was dead as the clubs failed to reach an agreement on a fee.

The player travelled to London in order to complete the formalities of the move before the transfer deadline. 606: DEBATE
    He had better be worth all the trouble...

1amLegend

However, after being pictured in Hertfordshire, key figures in the deal said that Arshavin had left for an airport and the move was off, amidst suggestions that the two clubs differed in their valuation of the player.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has remained confident throughout that he would land his man.

"We are always confident, we try our best, if we can find an agreement, we will do it," he said earlier.

"These kind of stories sometimes develop in the last minute on the final day of the transfer window. It is very difficult to predict."

However, he also suggested that the signing of Arshavin, who became a talisman and central figure for Zenit and his country, at Euro 2008, would not alter his faith in the young team at his disposal.

"There is always a danger that people always want a wonder man, but I do not believe in that.

"I believe we have to keep going, and accept that the expectation level on him would be very high."

It is rumoured that Arshavin will take the number 13 shirt previously held by Alexander Hleb, who was sold to Barcelona last summer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/7831046.stm

redout wrote: »
    Arsenal's Arshavin deal in doubt

Arshavin starred for Russia with some fine displays during Euro 2008
    Andrei Arshavin's proposed move from Zenit St Petersburg to Arsenal has fallen through, according to reports.

The Associated Press and Reuters claim the deal collapsed when the clubs could not reach agreement before the 1700 GMT transfer window deadline.

The transfer reportedly broke down over the size of the fee and compensation Zenit would be paid for allowing Arshavin to break his contract.

"The deal is definitely off," Zenit spokesman Alexei Petrov told Reuters.

AP quoted Petrov as saying: "The deal didn't happen. Arshavin is coming back to Zenit".

It was understood that Arsenal had agreed a fee with Zenit St Petersburg, during which time the 27-year-old accepted personal terms and passed a medical.

Earlier, BBC Radio 5 Live's Mike Sewell revealed that the deal was, however, some way from completion.

"Zenit want half of his signing on fee," said Sewell. "That is now the sticking point."

Early on Monday it looked as though any potential deal for the Russia international was dead as the clubs failed to reach an agreement on a fee.

The player travelled to London in order to complete the formalities of the move before the transfer deadline. 606: DEBATE
    He had better be worth all the trouble...

1amLegend

However, after being pictured in Hertfordshire, key figures in the deal said that Arshavin had left for an airport and the move was off, amidst suggestions that the two clubs differed in their valuation of the player.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has remained confident throughout that he would land his man.

"We are always confident, we try our best, if we can find an agreement, we will do it," he said earlier.

"These kind of stories sometimes develop in the last minute on the final day of the transfer window. It is very difficult to predict."

However, he also suggested that the signing of Arshavin, who became a talisman and central figure for Zenit and his country, at Euro 2008, would not alter his faith in the young team at his disposal.

"There is always a danger that people always want a wonder man, but I do not believe in that.

"I believe we have to keep going, and accept that the expectation level on him would be very high."

It is rumoured that Arshavin will take the number 13 shirt previously held by Alexander Hleb, who was sold to Barcelona last summer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/7831046.stm

Most of that info is a couple of hours old and the Wenger quotes are a a couple of days old.

heh, today's entry on arseblog has 3300 arses, while Arsenal-Mania has gone down under the strain (the Arshavin thread there was about to hit 200 pages last time I checked at about 6...)

• Advertisement

Premier league will confirm on Tueday if the deal is gone through and yes the weather has had an impact on the deal as lots of staff are not working today, faxes were sent in at 16:30 according to ssn, so should be ok.

Apparently because of the weather only one member of the players registration staff made it into work today, others were working from home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

But the deal was not done at 4.30, they were still negotiating at 7, that is not a done deal and it should not be allowed.

But the deal was not done at 4.30, they were still negotiating at 7, that is not a done deal and it should not be allowed.

Who said they were still negotiating at 7? Arsene Wenger?

We don't know what time anything was done at tbf lads.
    Everything is speculation until we get an official announcement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

No, Mitch Connor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The Zenit spokesperson. Having said at just after 5 that the deal was off.

At the same time other reports were saying that the deal was done.

It has since been reported that all documents were faxed to the FA at 16:30, but due to the terrible weather in London and most of the UK today, they are very short staffed so have not been able to confirm the documents.
    The players agent has also confirmed that it was a done deal.

It was also reported during the day that the FA would extend the deadline beyond 17:00 if deals were done in principal.

Have people not realised by now that Zenit and Arshavin's agent will say anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Has anybody seen this classic save from one of our ex players (:pac:).

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2017466/

Ye can see Ribery was gutted when this didn't go in, funny stuff though.

Best penalty EVER.

Re: Arshavin, if the faxes were sent by 4:30 I don't see any reason why the deal won't be confirmed by tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Evidently the transfer will be officially recognised by the Premier League tomorrow morning. Incidentially Wikipedia have updated Andrei Arshavin's bio and have him listed now as an Arsenal player from 2009 onwards. That's open source if I am correct, is it not? He will wear Hleb's old number 13 shirt. Fingers crossed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Arshavin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement