Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Is it on rte/tv3/utv at all?
    Have to watch it in my girlfriends tonight so it would wanna be...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    i wouldn't expect him to either, id take him in a second though, would be perfect for our RWF problem position!

Yeah, I can't wait until he comes back from injury and gets a full season under his belt, his pace is unbelievable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Frisbee wrote: »
    Well RTE and UTV are both showing United-Inter anyway. Do TV3 even still have Champions League?

Haha, sorry United are playing tonight...no chance of Arsenal being on any of the regular channels!

jasonorr wrote: »
    Haha, sorry United are playing tonight...no chance of Arsenal being on any of the regular channels!

Bollox. Will have to call down early and check if she has Setanta Ireland, dont think she does though.

Big Styles raincheck then so

Bollox. Will have to call down early and check if she has Setanta Ireland, dont think she does though.

Big Styles raincheck then so

They'll be showing extended highlights after the United game on UTV. If your gf has broadband, streaming would also be an option!

They'll be showing extended highlights after the United game on UTV. If your gf has broadband, streaming would also be an option!

Nah I'll just head over to one of the lads house's instead.
    Hate watching streams when I can be watching it on telly

Nah I'll just head over to one of the lads house's instead.
    Hate watching streams when I can be watching it on telly

Same here, I can never concentrate on a stream fully for some reason!

Same here, I can never concentrate on a stream fully for some reason!

It's the crap audio / screaming arab commentator that ruins it for me....

It's the crap audio / screaming arab commentator that ruins it for me....

You'll easily find one with English audio if that's all that's bothering you!

• Advertisement

You'll easily find one with English audio if that's all that's bothering you!

Yeha but the audio is usually poor and the image too pixelated.
    I only watch streams when we're not being shown on telly. Other wise I'll watch it in mine, or if I can't a mate's house or the pub :)

Yeha but the audio is usually poor and the image too pixelated.
    I only watch streams when we're not being shown on telly. Other wise I'll watch it in mine, or if I can't a mate's house or the pub :)

You might even be better off going to the gf's and not watching it at all, save you the disappointment!

You might even be better off going to the gf's and not watching it at all, save you the disappointment!

No I'm not being negative, I believe in us.
    Nasri to put in the performance of his life, Come on!

No I'm not being negative, I believe in us.
    Nasri to put in the performance of his life, Come on!

Yeah...PMA...we're going to win...woo!

Sorry, just not feeling it at the moment!

Yeah...PMA...we're going to win...woo!

Sorry, just not feeling it at the moment!

Neither am I particularly.
    However I do believe we'll put in a better performance against Roma than we did against Spuds/Sunderland etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

I've said it before here and I'll say it again... Bendtner is Sh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Lads this match is on ITV 4 live.

10773 v 2200 5/6

Just letting ya know in case you're watching it on a computer.

What a difference Diaby makes! It's a pity he got injured AGAIN though! I have to say I was impressed with Denilson tonight, he really stepped up, maybe I have been too harsh on him in the past. I really could not get over the difference in our play as soon as Song stepped on the pitch, I really don't think he is suited to playing in that role at all...maybe we should try him in front of the two CB's the next time we play 4-5-1, but I'm really unsure as to where he fits in the squad! As for Bendtner, he had a terrible time out there tonight, but I can't fault him for effort especially since he was out of position all night...some absolutely horrendous touches though!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Good performance all round.

Almunia: Did what he had to do and I've much more confidence in him coming for crosses these days.

Sagna: Defensively sound as usual but will someone please keep him on the training pitch to practice his crossing.

Gallas & Toure: Sound performance from both last night although Bill cries off far to much (after some tackles) for my liking.

Clichy: I don't know, something is lacking with him in the last couple of months. Burnout? I know he's still young but that's the only expalanation I can think of.

Eboue: Bursting forward he can be immesne, it's just a pity he has the brain of a goldfish.

Diaby: A Colossus before going off, although he still gets caught out on the ball now and again.

Denilson: Another good performer on the night and repaid Wenger's faith.

Nasri: Ok performance but I still expect more.

Bendtner: This lad will cause me to have a heart-attack soon. He's bruuuuuuuuuutal! My missus would have finished some of his chances last night.

Van Persie: Get the contract signed immediately. What a player! He makes it all look so easy. Even after some gamesmanship for the italians, he still finished the peno with aplomb.

Subs:
    Vela: (should have been introduced earlier, although everytime he gets the ball something seems to happen)
    Song: did what he was brought on to do. Break down the play. Very underrated player IMO.
    Ramsey: Some nice passing when he came on. Needs more games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Some good performances last night but I fear that 1 - 0 won't be enough. The teams lack of ability to score lately is becoming a real problem. If things don't get sorted in the next two or three games then what ever little hope we have of a top four finish will be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

After last night I honestly think we will progress to the next round. We will score against them over there and with the impending return of Eduardo and either Walcott or Cesc I'm actually quite confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

What a difference Diaby makes! It's a pity he got injured AGAIN though! I have to say I was impressed with Denilson tonight, he really stepped up, maybe I have been too harsh on him in the past. I really could not get over the difference in our play as soon as Song stepped on the pitch, I really don't think he is suited to playing in that role at all...maybe we should try him in front of the two CB's the next time we play 4-5-1, but I'm really unsure as to where he fits in the squad! As for Bendtner, he had a terrible time out there tonight, but I can't fault him for effort especially since he was out of position all night...some absolutely horrendous touches though!

I think Song can play or Denilson can play but both together really leaves us short of creativity in the midfield.

I'm now 100% certain that Bendtner is a squad player - an impact sub. In fairness, he's got a pretty good goals record off the bench (well better than Jeffers anyway :) ) but he shouldn't be starting.

gosplan wrote: »
    I think Song can play or Denilson can play but both together really leaves us short of creativity in the midfield.

I'm now 100% certain that Bendtner is a squad player - an impact sub. In fairness, he's got a pretty good goals record off the bench (well better than Jeffers anyway :) ) but he shouldn't be starting.

Denilson is a better option than Song, but playing both together just kills our creativity!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yep, it's like when we played with Flamini/Diarra and Gilberto last season. Horrible.

2z4hhm9.jpg

2db19ft.jpg

Can't decide whether I love it or hate it.
    Either way it not being red, yellow or blue gives me an excuse to buy it next year :D

(if it's the real thing of course)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

New away kit?

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    New away kit?

Away or Alternate

Not entirely sure.

Plus my source is 365 so pinch of salt and all that.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Fake.

Fake.

100%?
    Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Wow we havent had a green jersey ina very long time (didnt last long either).
    I say bring back gold. We were never while wearing that.

• Advertisement

Was thinking, while Van Der Sar has probably far and away the most clean sheets this season, would Almnia be next in line?
    Personally I really dont think the media give him enough credit. He usually makes one or two great saves per game and has kept costly errors to a minimum lately.
    What do you guys think?

Galvasean wrote: »
    What do you guys think?

As I've said before I don't understand people calling for a new keeper.
    Almunia's got game

Was thinking, while Van Der Sar has probably far and away the most clean sheets this season, would Almnia be next in line?
    Personally I really dont think the media give him enough credit. He usually makes one or two great saves per game and has kept costly errors to a minimum lately.
    What do you guys think?

I think he's fairly good. Could be better but it's not a huge priority or anything.

That said, I'd rate Van Der Sar as only fairly good as well.

What do you guys think?

Hardly!!!
    Team			Pld	CS	 	%CS
    1	Manchester United	26	19		73.0%
    2	Chelsea			26	16		61.5%
    3	Liverpool		26	13		50.0%
    4	Aston Villa		26	11		42.3%
    5	Fulham			25	10		40.0%
    6	Arsenal			26	10		38.4%
    7	Everton			26	10		38.4%
    8	Wigan Athletic		26	10		38.4%

Link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Have to be honest and say I was very surprised when I read it. Anybody think it could happen in the future? He played very well for Chelsea yesterday.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4975727,00.html

I think he's fairly good. Could be better but it's not a huge priority or anything.

That said, I'd rate Van Der Sar as only fairly good as well.
    Exactly - his decision-making has improved big time (and that was his big weakness) I'm happy out.

Since Cech has shown that he's human (and the Chelsea defence has started to expose him a bit more), I don't think there are many outstanding keepers in the Premier League. Given would be the best I'd say - then there wouldn't be a huge amount between Reina/VDS/Almunia/Cech/Schwarzer/Friedel.

A consistently excellent defence will probably get a team a lot more points than the best shot-stopper in the world anyway.

EDIT: The Kalou thing would be interesting but not madly exciting. He's been a lot better this season generally but I'd rather Ade than him, which is probably what it'd come down to.

Reina's the best for the last two years IMO. Great keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

DenMan wrote: »
    Have to be honest and say I was very surprised when I read it. Anybody think it could happen in the future? He played very well for Chelsea yesterday.

I might be wrong, but wasn't Kalou on Soccer AM last Saturday and when asked "which player is last out of the showers" he replied with a smile "Ashley Cole".....I think the guy wants to come to Arsenal....

...I'd have him just for the Cashley remark.....he's got a sense of humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Reina's the best for the last two years IMO. Great keeper.
    +1 good reliable keeper alright.!

Our Ladies won the League Cup tonight.

Congrats, no who says we havent won a trophy in years? :pac:

• Advertisement

Our Ladies won the League Cup tonight.

Congrats, no who says we havent won a trophy in years? :pac:

Only 5-0? Frankly, im insulted! :pac:

DenMan wrote: »

I call bull on this article. Just because of this:
    "They are achieving huge things at Arsenal and watching them play is just beautiful."

He'll never make the ladies team. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I might be wrong, but wasn't Kalou on Soccer AM last Saturday and when asked "which player is last out of the showers" he replied with a smile "Ashley Cole".....I think the guy wants to come to Arsenal....

...I'd have him just for the Cashley remark.....he's got a sense of humour.

It's 'which player is longest in the shower' and is understood to mean who has the biggest c0ck. Although maybe he misunderstood and as choosing the biggest prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Not sure if this game is on TV but if its not ATVO are showing the Fulham game for free on saturday

http://www.arsenal.com/atvofreematch

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Not sure if this game is on TV but if its not ATVO are showing the Fulham game for free on saturday

http://www.arsenal.com/atvofreematch

Full 90-minute audio commentary

Another 0-0 draw tomorrow lads?

17/2 on PP

Another 0-0 draw tomorrow lads?

17/2 on PP

We're at home, but Fulham are very hard to break down...good bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Full 90-minute audio commentary

Oops saw the game was free on arsenal TV so expected video, God dammit

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    +1 good reliable keeper alright.!
    I'd rather Given than Reina personally because I think he makes less mistakes. Which is why I don't think Reina is definitely ahead of VDS, Cech, etc. in that second bunch.

Having said that, Reina hasn't made a costly error in a season or thereabouts so maybe he's cutting down on that side of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

and he is considerably younger than Given & VDS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement