Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Roddy23 wrote: »
    I use this the the odd time:

http://www.wheresthematch.com/tv/home.asp?sportid=1&showdatestart=&showdateend=

Sellotanta Sports 1 it looks like.

cheers, thats a great site! will be using that in the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Galvasean wrote: »
    The one on the left please..

Agreed, the other guy can go play reserves forever or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Eduardo is our captain today! :eek:
    Walcott makes the bench.

Team:
    Lukasz Fabianski
    Bacary Sagna
    Johan Djourou
    William Gallas
    Kieran Gibbs
    Emmanuel Eboue
    Alex Song
    Abou Diaby
    Carlos Vela
    Andrey Arshavin
    Eduardo (c)

Subs:
    Manuel Almunia
    Robin Van Persie
    Theo Walcott
    Aaron Ramsey
    Gael Clichy
    Nicklas Bendtner
    Amaury Bischoff

It will be interesting to see how they line out. Looks like Vela on the left wing and Arshavin in the hole behind Eduardo. Or maybe Arshavin and Vela will swap at some point. Plenty of attacking options anyhow.
    Glad to see Gibbs start at LB, I see a big future for him.

It will be interesting to see how they line out. Looks like Vela on the left wing and Arshavin in the hole behind Eduardo. Or maybe Arshavin and Vela will swap at some point. Plenty of attacking options anyhow.
    Glad to see Gibbs start at LB, I see a big future for him.

I'd say your right about Vela on the left and Arshavin in the hole. Have to say I'd rather see Arshavin on the left and Vela up front alongside Eduardo though.

I see a big futur for Gibbs too, not sure if it's at Arsenal though if we retain the services of Clichy and Traore..

Also very suprised that Eduardo is captain.
    Looking at that team surely it should be Sagna?

Frisbee wrote: »

I see a big futur for Gibbs too, not sure if it's at Arsenal though if we retain the services of Clichy and Traore..

Id say Traore will leave now that he's had a big taste of 1st team football. Not to mention knowing that Clichy is pretty mouh untouchable at LB, barring a heavy injury. Also the way Gibbs has slipped into Traore's slot with ease. Unless he's happy to contend with Gibbs for second choice (forget about Silvestre) and or/backup on the left wing I cant see him staying at Arsenal.

Also very suprised that Eduardo is captain.
    Looking at that team surely it should be Sagna?

Ah, Wenger doesn't really care who is captain. i think its a confidence booster thing. How many captains have we had this season, 8? 9?

Almunia
    Fabianski
    Gallas
    Toure
    Silvestre
    Clichy
    Fabregas
    Van Persie
    Eduardo

Missing anyone?

(forget about Silvestre)

I try to

Ah, Wenger doesn't really care who is captain. i think its a confidence booster thing. How many captains have we had this season, 8? 9?

Almunia
    Fabianski
    Gallas
    Toure
    Silvestre
    Clichy
    Fabregas
    Van Persie
    Eduardo

Missing anyone?

Nope, think you got them all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Jesus tittyfu*king Christ!!

WHAT A FINISH!!!

(2nd one btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The first was tittyfu*cking good too :)

Hmm, Eboue stay on, Vela come off.

Vela to start in Rome?

Edited to include: or maybe Theo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Jesus I fell asleep during half time and missed the 2nd goal. What happened?

Beau x1 wrote: »
    Jesus I fell asleep during half time and missed the 2nd goal. What happened?

Eduardo volley with outside of left foot - sick finish, kind of Totti-esque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

LMFAO EBOUE!!!!
    I'm pleased for him. I had a feeling it'd be today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Well done Eboue. Lovely stuff. 3-0 to The Arsenal. Song has had a brilliant game today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭patrickc

good timing for a lot od our injury strucken players to start returning

rosiscky and fabregas set to return in 3 weeks according to arsenal.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

DenMan wrote: »
    Song has had a brilliant game today.
    +1

Gibbs was very good too. Whatever about what Traore chooses to do, I think I'd almost choose Gibbs ahead of him to cover LB.

Home against Chelsea in the semi's if we beat Hull.

Would have preferred Everton but happy it won't be United :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The semis are played on a neutral ground aren't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

The semis are played on a neutral ground aren't they?

Sure are. Both will be played at Wembley Stadium, which in a way takes away the feel of making the final there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

DenMan wrote: »
    Sure are. Both will be played at Wembley Stadium, which in a way takes away the feel of making the final there.

Wish they still played them in Cardiff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It'd definitely make more sense to have the Everton - United semi in Cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

True,but loved having the semis and finals in Cardiff,made for a great weekend,location of the stadium makes it great for matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'm sure there'll be a sizeable contingent coming from London. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Just got around to seeing highlights now, three quality goals, delighted for the three goalscorers also. Hopefully that'll instill a bit more confidence in front of goal in the team, could be in for a great end to the season if it does.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

arsenalmain_516x350_30152a.jpg

Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Great picture. Absolute belter of a goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Vela's goal - Pure individual brilliance
    Eduardo's goal - Pure technical brilliance.
    Eboue' goal - Pure team play brilliance.

Does anyone think that Vela plays much better when Eduardo is in the Arsenal team? Do they have a history playing together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I hate the fact that the finals are in Wembley. I think it should be a special thing for the final. Have the finals in Cardiff and Old Trafford or something. It's rough to have a road to Wembley when you get there in the semis. Why not have the quarters there too?

• Advertisement

GuanYin wrote: »
    Vela's goal - Pure individual brilliance
    Eduardo's goal - Pure technical brilliance.
    Eboue' goal - Pure team play brilliance.

Does anyone think that Vela plays much better when Eduardo is in the Arsenal team? Do they have a history playing together?

I was thinking this as well. He seems to get more return playing with Eduardo rather than Bendtner.
    They definitely do look like a very good partnership if they can find game time to play together

They do seem quite close alright. Their understanding is quite impressive.

Speaking of understanding, I thought Arshavin and Walcott combined really well today. It reminded me of the old Bergkamp & Ljungberg combination. Arshavin's vision and passing is sensational, and Walcott's off the ball running will really benefit methinks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think arsenal have a very good chance of a double this season.

PP have arsenal at 50-1 to do the fa-cup and CL

thats not bad bet, specially with all the great players coming back from injury

Im tempted

Headshot wrote: »
    I think arsenal have a very good chance of a double this season.

PP have arsenal at 50-1 to do the fa-cup and CL

thats not bad bet, specially with all the great players coming back from injury

Im tempted

Me too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

I was thinking this as well. He seems to get more return playing with Eduardo rather than Bendtner.
    They definitely do look like a very good partnership if they can find game time to play together
    No doubt Vela and Eduardo combined well yesterday but in fairness, Bendtner and Vela were great together pre-season and against Sheffield United in the Carling Cup so they seem to have a decent understanding too.

I think Vela's probably looked most lost when he's been fecked on with the rest of the pure first-teamers (Ade, Nasri and RVP) which is slightly worrying - while he's looked lively, it's been on an individual, run-at-them basis rather than as part of the team. But as Wenger feeds him into the first team over time, I'm sure that'll come.

yahoo_moe wrote: »

I think Vela's probably looked most lost when he's been fecked on with the rest of the pure first-teamers (Ade, Nasri and RVP)

That's natural. He hasn't played with them nearly as much as the reserves/fringe players. That sort of familiarity should come in time (seems to be on its way).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I have watched his movement in some Mexico games...(I'm actually gonna go see the Mexico V Bolivia exhibition game and I'm bummed he doesn't seem to be in the squad) .... of all the players I've watched recently he is the player I'd least like to play against, his control and pace are amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

of all the players I've watched recently he is the player I'd least like to play against

I know, me and Kaka were talking about that a few weeks ago when he played in my five a side team against Messi and Cambiasso. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Amazing goal by eduardo. How'd he get that much power behind it with it coming off the outside of his left heel?

Gonna miss the match tomorrow night coz I'm in work.
    However last Champions League match I missed was when we beat Porto 4-0 so a repeat of that would be much appreciated...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

what way do you expect arsenal to line out tomoro? i have a feeling we will be something like this:

song
    denilson

--van persie----diaby
    nasri

bendtner

I think its probably the best we have at the moment. I really dont expect vela, eduardo or walcott to start tomoro and this team looks fairly solid with alot of counter attacking potential. what do you guys think?

shano_88 wrote: »
    what way do you expect arsenal to line out tomoro? i have a feeling we will be something like this:

song
    denilson

--van persie----diaby
    nasri

bendtner

I think its probably the best we have at the moment. I really dont expect vela, eduardo or walcott to start tomoro and this team looks fairly solid with alot of counter attacking potential. what do you guys think?

Your line uo looks about right, although I'd say RvP will lead the line, with Bendtner playing on the right moreso.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Your line uo looks about right, although I'd say RvP will lead the line, with Bendtner playing on the right moreso.

Guys you are forgetting the goal scoring hero of Sunday.... Eboue
    Wenger usually plays him after he has had a bad game so now that he scored in a game he will surely start in Rome
    I'm gonna go with RVP up top with Eboue on the right and Nasri on the left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Surely it'll be 4-4-2 (or possibly 4-4-1-1)?

Anyway, I'd like to see

Eboue ---Denilson---Diaby---Nasri

Van Persie---Vela

With Eduardo and Walcott to come on in the second half.

But we'll probably see

Eboue---Denilson---Song---Nasri

Van Persie---Bendtner----

• Advertisement

Wreck wrote: »
    Surely it'll be 4-4-2 (or possibly 4-4-1-1)?

Anyway, I'd like to see

Eboue ---Denilson---Diaby---Nasri

Van Persie---Vela

With Eduardo and Walcott to come on in the second half.

But we'll probably see

Eboue---Denilson---Song---Nasri

Van Persie---Bendtner----

Either of these are much more likely

It's impossible to know, isn't it?

Five in midfield for European nights - no? Guess that means Bendtner up top and Van Persie wide or vice versa (gulp!).

Thing is, if Bendtner goes wide, then he surely Eboue can't play as he'd have a more central role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

song
    denilson

--Eboue
    nasri

diaby----

van persie
    ?

I reckon it'll be

Diaby Denilson
    Eboue Nasri Eduardo
    van Persie

Good to see we have the selection 'problem' of too many in-form players, as opposed to the usual problem of not enough fit players.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement