Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Galvasean wrote: »
    Good to see we have the selection 'problem' of too many in-form players, as opposed to the usual problem of not enough fit players.

For the first time in months, im really happy with the team. defence is solid. have been creating alot of chance even in the games we didnt score in and with eduardo and walcott back and fabregas and rosicky back soon. It really looks like the season can be salvaged. Also dont think the return to form and the return of diaby is a coincidence. Hes been brilliant!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Starting to get excited about tonight's game now. Looking forward to the match, as think we have what it takes to progress. Vucinic looks to be in the lineup for them, and he may well give Gallas and co a few problems. Seen the game he played against Chelsea and he looked more than a handful. Looks like Toure will be back tonight, so I'd expect to see the same lineup as the last game v Roma, with Walcott and Eduardo on the bench.

C'mon the Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

playa3 wrote: »

song
    denilson

--Eboue
    nasri

diaby----

van persie
    ?

I'd put RvP where Diaby is and Bendtner up top, thats what I reckon we'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Well whatever happens we cannot afford to sit back and try to defend. Getting the first goal in the match will be huge. Hopefully we can get another big performance from our midfield and nulify theirs(without de Rossi and Perotta).
    Also if we can get Walcott(or eboue even) to get at Riise we should get some luck down that side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Am I right in assuming that Mexes is suspended for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

What channel is the match on tonight?

Mexes is not suspended but he is doubtful because of a fever or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Indie18 wrote: »
    What channel is the match on tonight?

Setanta Ireland i think

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I think sky are showing all 4 aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Setanta Sports and Sky Sports EXTRA will be showing it. Really looking forward to this game. Hope Nasri has a blinder. Come on the Gunners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Galvasean wrote: »
    Am I right in assuming that Mexes is suspended for this?

De Rossi is banned though after his booking in the first leg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'd love to see Eduardo start because I think he's the biggest goal threat we have at the moment and if we score a goal, the tie is pretty much over.

In an odd way, it's a nice luxury having someone like Arshavin who's ineligible as you're not so worried about tiring out other players.

On the other hand though, our squad is so chock full of strikers/wingers it's not even funny. Who's to go in the summer I wonder? - if fit there's no way we can hang on to .... deep breath ... Adebayor, Bendtner, RVP, Eduardo, Vela, Walcott, Nasri, Arshavin, Rosicky - I mean they can only ever really make up four places on a team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Arsenal team to play Roma: Almunia, Sagna, Clichy, Toure, Gallas, Nasri, Denilson, Eboue, Diaby, Bendtner, Van Persie.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

GuanYin wrote: »
    Arsenal team to play Roma: Almunia, Sagna, Clichy, Toure, Gallas, Nasri, Denilson, Eboue, Diaby, Bendtner, Van Persie.

:(

Not the worst. Hopefully we can get a result here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Quite happy with the starting line-up tbh, come on you Gunners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Awful defending :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Can't watch it here where I am but if the skysports centre on their website is anything to go by we are rightly fcuked. Is it as bad as they are making it out to be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Does anyone have a stream for the match?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Defending is awful at the moment, we don't look too bad going forward but not creating much chances. Can see Roma getting another goal before we do.

watched the first half here, english commentary, good quality:
    http://atdhe.net/live-tv-4773.html

• Advertisement

Found this one here. Stream 3. French station. Need to buck up. Come on guys.

http://footballlivechannel25.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Terrible stuff from us so far. Bendtner's our best player so far (so that says something). RVP has hardly touched it. Denilson having a shocker and Gallas is having one of those games. Both himself and Toure at fault for the goal (leaving it to each other to clear).

The only positive is we can't play as bad as that in the 2nd half...can we?

Playing a bit better this half. Eboue is the most frustrating player to watch, we had a great chance there, but Eboue put too much on the cross to Bendtner. Hopefully Walcott and Eduardo can get us out of this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I agree with you about Eboue. He's frustrating in that his final decisions/passes are poor. Overall though he's actually playing well?

Time to bring on the subs imo.

He's getting on the ball and getting into good positions, but thats where it ends.

Diaby is playing well, but is on a yellow card, and would want to be careful. Nasri has been very quiet, and Denilson has had a few misplaced passes.

We need the two subs on asap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

ESPN360 stream all CL games live in US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

THEEEEEEEOOOOOOO! Finally he's on. Think we might have the beating of them now as they tire

Thank fcuk it was Baptista with that chance.

Baptista. phew!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,421 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They need eduardo,he's the best finsher we've got imo.

• Advertisement

Eduardo on - come on ffs.

Speak of the Devil. He's on for Bendtner.Thought Bendtner played well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

well done arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Massively lucky.

Performances need to improve tenfold

phew! can you believe it really? After eduardos miss i really wasnt feeling confident........

Well we're through and I guess that's what counts, played really poorly though. Some class peno's from both sides in the shoot-out.

Spent the evening refreshing the BBC website for updates as the streams were awful. Got a stream with two minutes remaing of ET and then penalties. Delighted in the end with the result. We're through. Phew!!! Well done lads, Roma made it very difficult. Was worried when Theo quickly turned and shot his pen. Did well.

Wreck wrote: »
    Well we're through and I guess that's what counts, played really poorly though. Some class peno's from both sides in the shoot-out.

More like the goalkeepers were shocking at making any attempt at saving the penaltys.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

**** sake lads, that was scary.

congrats folks, pool fan here.

Both keepers were poor in the shootout I thought, plenty of pens down the middle.

Hopefully Man u and Chelsea draw each other and leave us easier teams!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

****in horse sh1te performance tonight, AWFUL from every player. I wouldnt feel any worse now if we had lost the game tonight. Got through be the skin of our teeth. NOT GOOD ENOUGH

AWFUL from every player

Don't think so Buddy. Diaby and Clichy played very well. And were still driving at Roma late into extra time. van Persie and Nasri were very quiet though.

So Blackburn on Saturday, and with Villa playing on Sunday, could see us leap up to fourth. Was a crap performance as a team tonight, but we're still there, and will be in the draw for the next round, where hopefully Sicknote, Fabregas, and Adebayor will be available.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Im still shaking, what a horrible night I had searching for live streams only for them to break in vital places, missed the whole of second half of ET and just as riise stepped up to take his penalty it went down again, came back soon after and the Arsenal players were juming around celebrating!

From what I managed to see we were a total car crash, at least we're through and I hope we dont get the pool, barca or man u because we will be ripped apart if we play like that, I know we're meant to have Cesc and maybe Sickynote by then but still...

Once again Ill state that Van is not good enough, wastes far too many chances imo, he cant keep the ball down, he scores plenty of points. Thought Diaby was good tonight though, im not all doom and gloom :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Frisbee wrote: »

saw that, shocking stuff,hope the Gooners out there get home safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Any thoughts on why, from the moment Walcott came onto the pitch, we sent the ball left to Nasri almost every time we got it?

I know he had 2 lads marking him but the couple of times he got the ball you could see Roma sh1t themselves. May as well have not put him on if we're not going to use him.

Poor performance but if we can win playing badly as they say......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Roddy23 wrote: »

So Blackburn on Saturday, and with Villa playing on Sunday, could see us leap up to fourth.

Blackburn will not be an easy game at all, especially if Arsenal play tonight, The extra time wont have done them any favours either.

Blackburn had a great night in London tonight beating Fulham 2-1, they are performing well under Big Sam, and have only lost twice in the league since he took over, both against top 4 teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Congratulations Arsenal fans. Pretty devastated to be honest. Thought on the night because of the effort put in and the chances wasted (including Vucinic's hideous penalty, has anyone seen worse?) that we deserved to go through. Totti was magnificent considering he was playing through the pain barrier.
    Best of luck in the next round, but I fear you won't be playing any final in Rome. UEFA are likely to be taking a look at changing the venue after the events of the night around Rome. A pity that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

RichTea wrote: »
    Congratulations Arsenal fans. Pretty devastated to be honest. Thought on the night because of the effort put in and the chances wasted (including Vucinic's hideous penalty, has anyone seen worse?) that we deserved to go through. Totti was magnificent considering he was playing through the pain barrier.
    Best of luck in the next round, but I fear you won't be playing any final in Rome. UEFA are likely to be taking a look at changing the venue after the events of the night around Rome. A pity that.

not unless they decide on the Emirates being the new venue :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Strange sensation, feeling like crying, puking and jumping for joy at the same time. Still, I'd take it over the alternative.
    OPENROAD wrote: »
    saw that, shocking stuff,hope the Gooners out there get home safe.
    Hardly surprising though, is it?

Roma should be banned from the CL for a couple of years, tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement