Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Bad timing with this break coming up. We're in our best form of the season and could do without the disruption. Only positive is the time it gives Cesc and Theo and the other lad (Ros...something or other) recovery time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Gavin Hoyte played 90mins for the England U19s yesterday in the 0-0 draw with Czech Republic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Galvasean wrote: »
    Gavin Hoyte played 90mins for the England U19s yesterday in the 0-0 draw with Czech Republic.

hmmm... thought he would have been let go by now after some awful performances in the preseason, but i guess he's still very young. How's he looked of late for the reserves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

hmmm... thought he would have been let go by now after some awful performances in the preseason, but i guess he's still very young. How's he looked of late for the reserves?

He's currently on loan at Watford

Frisbee wrote: »
    He's currently on loan at Watford

ah, that explains that :D

well, has be been getting any game time at all for them?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

He's played 10 odd games at RB for them. Dunno how he's played though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Possible new away kit for next season

http://www.fansonline.net/arsenal/article.php?id=383

Better than the snot green one doing the rounds

I actually think the green one looks better...

That one is definately fake - saw it a few years ago.

That one is definately fake - saw it a few years ago.

i remember that too. thank god nothing came of it, it's horrible. snot green all the way!

• Advertisement

i remember that too. thank god nothing came of it, it's horrible. snot green all the way!
    I'm getting worried that ****ing thing is genuine...

I wish we could keep the current away and last season's home forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I wish we could keep the current away and last season's home forever.

Defo agree with the current away kit, just bought it for 25 quid too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

There hasn't been a navy/blue away kit in a few seasons. Probably due one at this stage.

Just ordered an Arshavin 23 home jersey, for about €20 too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

There hasn't been a navy/blue away kit in a few seasons. Probably due one at this stage.

Just ordered an Arshavin 23 home jersey, for about 20 too!

Now there's a bargain. Where did you get it so cheap? Do share.

www.bestway4you.com

Think I read about them on boards first. I've ordered a good few jersey's off them, this year's away jersey, a Germany jersey, a Pool jersey (ugh, it was for a mate). All of them look perfect, they're the real deal.

All of them look perfect, they're the real deal.

nope, they're not. a lot are possibly the nightshift at the same factory, but most of them aren't the full authenticated kit, some being a lot more off th
    an others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

nope, they're not. a lot are possibly the nightshift at the same factory, but most of them aren't the full authenticated kit, some being a lot more off th
    an others.

Nightshift at the same factory made by the same people using the same materials.....the only thing missing is the 40 quid extra you need to pay for a price tag that says €60.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Hopefully Gibbs gets some gametime with the U-21s tonight as well, be good for him to start getting involved regularly with them if possible. And there seems to be an opportunity with injuries...
    He's played 10 odd games at RB for them. Dunno how he's played though.
    Well, iirc Loan Watch has talked up a few of his performances - but they do that all the time. He's been subbed a few times, which isn't a great sign for a full back really.

an others.

Try thefootballshirt.com instead. Mate of mine got one from there recently and its quality.

• Advertisement

It's not him.
    It was filmed using CGI

Apparently Wenger has given Adebayor the go ahead to play for Togo against Cameroon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/7967834.stm

keano_afc wrote: »
    Try thefootballshirt.com instead. Mate of mine got one from there recently and its quality.

They only offer shirts in M or XL, which is what most of the cheap football jersey sites will do. Bestway4you offers all sizes, well when they have them in stock. I've got 3 jerseys off them so far and there's nothing remotely off about any of them.

Nightshift at the same factory made by the same people using the same materials.....the only thing missing is the 40 quid extra you need to pay for a price tag that says €60.

some are nightshift possibly, but most are just high quality fakes from Thailand apparently. you would notice differences on a lot of them, some are more obvious on others.
    They only offer shirts in M or XL, which is what most of the cheap football jersey sites will do. Bestway4you offers all sizes, well when they have them in stock. I've got 3 jerseys off them so far and there's nothing remotely off about any of them.

i'm almost certain they are the same 'company'. bestway4you has a number of sister sites out there.

just a heads up btw, i've no problem people buying from there, but chances are you'll buy a shirt that's obviously a fake from them, there's always that risk for the price.

I see van Persie scored a header v Scotland. No injury news from the international break so far. No news being good news IMO.

Check this out, it seems our youth team gave started fielding their reserves:

http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/3035404/youth/arsenal-yth-v-aston-villa-yth?tab=report

Few names I don't recognise;
    Chucks Aneke
    Nico Yannaris

• Advertisement

Adebayor scored in Togo's 1-0 win at the weekend. My god they really rely on him, he missed a peno as well though.

Also Bendtner was injured in the Denmark match.

Hopefully Adebayor didn't pick up any knocks and can come back at full fitness.
    RVP got himself a goal and was subbed after an hour as well, if they do the same during the week I'll be happy to have RVP/Ade back as our frontline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

RVP got himself a goal and was subbed after an hour as well, if they do the same during the week I'll be happy to have RVP/Ade back as our frontline.
    I was watching highlights of this and it looked like Van Persie picked up an injury before he went off. Couple of sites saying he's doubtful for Wednesday as well.
    Galvasean wrote:
    No injury news from the international break so far. No news being good news IMO.
    Sorry.

EDIT: In other news, more reshuffling on the board today - Danny Fiszman's reduced his holding by a third to about 10% by selling to Kroenke (with the other lockdown members' agreement). Kroenke now moves up to about 20%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

van Persie injured. I hate these international breaks.

Groin strain

Robin's form has been a bit patchy so it may not be the worst thing, considering we should have Eduardo and Adebayor back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Robin's form has been a bit patchy so it may not be the worst thing, considering we should have Eduardo and Adebayor back.

It is important we have all our players fit.

I really hate ineternational football :mad:

• Advertisement

Any idea how long he'll be sidelined? I always get a nervous shiver when I hear he's in any way injured.

Any idea how long he'll be sidelined? I always get a nervous shiver when I hear he's in any way injured.

I'm sure it will be two weeks originally but then he'll be out for about a month as per usual.
    Bendtner picked up a knock aswell so maybe we'll see Ade/Eduardo partnering each other up front next game

Diaby now injured. Don't suppose we can blame France for that one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5125987,00.html

bendtner, walcott van persie and now this. Im fully expecting fabregas to pick up a niggle in the next couple of weeks. I hate these international periods....

FFS, i spoke far too soon.

I see Hull have said they'll drop their complaint to the FA if they get an apology over the Fabregas 'incident'.
    Sounds to me llike tehy know they have no case and are looking to save face for themselves.

Theo should be back for City, along with Cesc, Ade and Eduardo.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭quinta

Hmm seems my info was wrong. Got it from a thread on another site. Feckers posted fake news reports and everything. Sorry!!

Wow, that's hilarious right there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

quinta wrote: »
    Wenger has quit Arsenal. News conference 10am tomorrow. Its over Fizman selling his shares. He wants no part of a takeover.

Your a genius. Seriously lame, gtfo.

Eduardo scored for Croatia in their 2-o win away to Andorra.

• Advertisement

Quick question somebody might be able to help with. I'm heading over this Sat for the City match. Looks like my tickets might have fallen through though. Unfortunately the game is a sell out, but has anybody any experiences of getting tickets outside the ground? I'll be heading over regardless, having already bought the flights :mad:. Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Quick question somebody might be able to help with. I'm heading over this Sat for the City match. Looks like my tickets might have fallen through though. Unfortunately the game is a sell out, but has anybody any experiences of getting tickets outside the ground? I'll be heading over regardless, having already bought the flights :mad:. Thanks for any help.

When I go to the Emirates I usually head to the rocket in London metro university beforehand for a few pints, always a great atmosphere. The last 2 times I was there a few tickets went on sale for face value. Might be worth dropping in there.
    http://www.londontown.com/LondonInformation/Nightlife/Metro/3795/

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/cesc-adebayor-and-walcott-back-for-man-city

RVP, Eduardo, Diaby, Nasri and Vela all out for Saturday.

Adebaoy, Fabregas and Walcott all back in contention though.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/cesc-adebayor-and-walcott-back-for-man-city

RVP, Eduardo, Diaby, Nasri and Vela all out for Saturday.

Adebaoy, Fabregas and Walcott all back in contention though.

Diaby'd be the biggest loss of those five imo. Cesc will take a while to get back to speed, and until then there's no one to run the midfield. sh*te. i see another stalemate on the cards.

http://www.thesoccerblog.org/premiership/gunners-tracking-great-technique-serbian-starlet/

Massive pinch of salt but does seem like the kind of thing that Arsene would come out of left field with

Diaby was hardly running the midfield while Cesc was absent. No Eduardo or Robin is a bigger loss.

Still, looking forward to seeing Cesc and Shavva building an understanding.

I could've sworn a few weeks ago the Arse - Man City game was being advertised as being on Setanta Ireland tomorrow.

They're now showing Newcastle - Chelsea at 3. Bloody Shearer.

I could've sworn a few weeks ago the Arse - Man City game was being advertised as being on Setanta Ireland tomorrow.

They're now showing Newcastle - Chelsea at 3. Bloody Shearer.

Are you sure,paddy power website, saying we are on.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Are you sure,paddy power website, saying we are on.

Yup. Heard it on the radio yesterday. Just watching some rugby on Setanta now and they advertised the Newcastle game again.

• Advertisement

Yup. Heard it on the radio yesterday. Just watching some rugby on Setanta now and they advertised the Newcastle game again.

bugger :mad: was really looking forward to it suppose they must have changed it when Shearer got the job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement