Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Any news on Gallas and Almunia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Wreck wrote: »
    Any news on Gallas and Almunia?

Just confirmed. :(

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5166205,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

And now Clichy out for 2 weeks with a back injury. Why do we get so many injuries at the same time?? So frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

keano_afc wrote: »
    And now Clichy out for 2 weeks with a back injury. Why do we get so many injuries at the same time?? So frustrating.

As much as I think he's not been having a great season, I'd still have him there before Silvestre and Gibbs. i'm starting to get worried now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

As soon as the attack starts to look strong after injuries, 3 of the back 5 get injured. Arsenal must have pissed somebody off somewhere along the line.

Potential team for this weekend...

Fabianski
    Sagna
    Toure
    Djourou
    Gibbs
    Denilson----Song
    Walcott
    Fabregas
    Arshavin
    Adebayor

If van Persie's back I'd expect him to come in for Song in a 4-4-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

keano_afc wrote: »
    Why do we get so many injuries at the same time?? So frustrating.

Its not just us, its every team. Look at everton, striker after striker getting injured this season, and they have been fine.... i do think we have sufficent support for gallas in djourou/ silvestre. also i think gibbs can cope at left back... I seem to remeber fabianski playing the last 3/4 games of last season, when we had nothing to win, and i think he had been ok. Watchin him in the carling cup this year i wasnt overly confinced of his abilities, but he is a young keeper and has everything to prove, this could be his chance, albeit at a crucial time of the season

I think Clichy out might be ok. He hasn't been amazing this season, seems to make a howler every now and then, and I've been fairly impressed with Gibbs when I've seen him.

Gallas out for the whole season is gonna be a problem, especially if Toure picks up anything. I'm not sure about Djourou either way, hopefully he'll come good.

Almunia is a loss, never been that impressed with Fabianski. Let's just hope he's not needed too often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Frisbee wrote: »
    :confused:
    What are you talking about?
    I was one of the people defending Gallas and saying he should stay on and that he had been our best defender by a country mile this year!
    Well you did say this
    I'd like to see him dropped for Djourou but I cant see Wenger doing this for fear of upsetting him. He's a world class defender when on his game but his ideas seem a bit bucked up. Drop him for one game even and see if there's a change when he comes back.
    this
    Gallas is world class, he has been a bit off this season though.
    and this
    Gallas is world class. As I said though, he's not having the best of times this season.
    but if you weren't one of the people arguing that Toure should be kept ahead of Gallas, then my bad.

As for Clichy being injured as well... :mad: At least Gibbs has had some gametime this season though so hopefully we'll be okay. A shift back to 4-4-2 might help protect him a bit more though, but if we keep enough of the ball we'll be okay either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Most of the delivery men that delivered to my shop today (part time pundits taht they are) believe Arsenal are gonna win the Champions League.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Galvasean wrote: »
    Most of the delivery men that delivered to my shop today (part time pundits taht they are) believe Arsenal are gonna win the Champions League.

A man I once met on a ski-lift thinks Wenger is the best manager in the world....

But also insists on calling them "The Arsenal Gunners"...

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I called for him to be dropped for one game when he was havinga mediocre run and seemed apathetic about the games.
    Since then he has been our best defender followed by Sagna.

Also the problem with Clichy getting injured is that Wenger will likely put Silvestre at CB instead of Gibbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Meh, Gallas did have a few poor games earlier in the season. Has been great since the whole captaincy thing was resolved though.

At home to Villareal, I'd defo go with Gibbs. A back four consisting of Silvestre, Toure and Djourou seems a bit slow for that game.

If it was the away game, I'd go for experience and stick the baldy French guy in.

I'm assuming that whatever happens on Wednesday will be previewed tomorrow against Wigan as Wenger will want whoever is coming in to get some game time.

COME ON YOU ARSENAL!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. this is probably a stupid question but who are you rooting for in the Man U Porto game. I'd give us a huge chance of beating Man U over two legs, especially the way they're playing right now but then again we beat like 4-0 or whatever recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

gosplan wrote: »
    p.s. this is probably a stupid question but who are you rooting for in the Man U Porto game. I'd give us a huge chance of beating Man U over two legs, especially the way they're playing right now but then again we beat like 4-0 or whatever recently.

Everybody wants to beat United, but we have a much better chance of getting to the final and exacting our revenge on Barcelona if Porto knock United out!

I'll take Porto please. Knowing United they'll get their shít together for a potential semi final.

Well the 4-0 was back in September or something and by all accounts, Porto were as bad as they've been all season that night. Different side now.

And from a momentum point of view, I'd rather play Utd.

But given that the semis are still several weeks away, and just from a talent point of view, it's got to be Porto.

PS As long as we beat Villarreal, I'll take anyone though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

yahoo_moe wrote: »

this

yahoo_moe wrote: »

Very true, it's hard not to look ahead though.

I guess when the quarter finals were to be drawn, getting Villareal and Porto as your route to the final would have been the most desirable outcome.

gosplan wrote: »
    I guess when the quarter finals were to be drawn, getting Villareal and Porto as your route to the final would have been the most desirable outcome.
    Bear in mind too though that, whatever we think as Arsenal fans, most clubs in the draw would have been far happier with Arsenal in their side of the draw than Liverpool, Chelsea or even Bayern. (I personally think Bayern were trumped up a bit much after beating a piss-poor Sporting but they were probably still more feared than we were by Utd/Barca/whoever.)

For Pool, Chelsea, Utd, Barca and Bayern, Arsenal were probably their 3rd most wanted QF draw. So overall, while we got a nice half of the draw, the ones that would've thought they'd be laughing all the way to the final is Utd.

Hopefully not though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Great interview with Theo. In it he mentions that they're working on his new contract so that seems to be good news.

Just read it on the BBC website, very good stuff. Super Theo. Big one today against Wigan, have to keep the run going. Come on Arsenal.

• Advertisement

Fabianski
    Sagna
    Toure----Djourou----Gibbs
    Denilson
    Song
    Walcott
    Fabregas
    Arshavin
    Bendtner

Subs: Szczesny, Nasri, Van Persie, Vela, Silvestre, Adebayor, Eboue.

Oh dear.

That's a good team Royale. There is something wrong with Bendtner if he doesn't put one away today. I mean look at all the creativity behind him. Not to matter Ade will be off the bench later and will score.....that's a cert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

anybody got a link to a stream, watching one but with non-english commentry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

anybody got a link to a stream, watching one but with non-english commentry
    what's the stream you have please?

1-0 Wigan.

pwd wrote: »
    what's the stream you have please?

http://www.justin.tv/football222

pretty sure the lads are talking in polish, not a bad stream tho

Not loading at all for me :(

Are we playing terrible or a lucky goal from Wigan?

Djourou stretchered off. Another injury crisis looms.

The idiot who had the stream going now has UFC on it (for the last 20 mins or so)....let's hope he gets it back for the second half. Silvestre on, saw that. Bring on Ade and Nasri in the second and we'll be fine. :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Absolutely ****ing hopeless. Why on earth Wenger wastes Fabregas in that advanced role for the sake of including Denilson or Song is beyond me. Lucky not to be a man and 2 goals down.

• Advertisement

Wow, we're lucky to be only one down and lucky to still have 11 men after that end to the half.

Terrible blow re Djourou. the only defensive cover we have any more is Eboue for Sagna and Song for a CB. An absolutye disaster for this time of the season. Very very unlucky given the injury list so far this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Absolutely ****ing hopeless. Why on earth Wenger wastes Fabregas in that advanced role for the sake of including Denilson or Song is beyond me. Lucky not to be a man and 2 goals down.

care to elaborate a bit futher for those of us who can't find a stream? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

care to elaborate a bit futher for those of us who can't find a stream? :(
    Missed the first 20 mins or so but what I've seen since then has been awful. Lost Djourou to what looks like a serious knee injury and Gibbs should have been sent off when he pulled down Valencia who was through on goal. Wigan hit the inside of the post from the resulting free kick.

We've created almost nothing. It's been pedestrian, dull and slooowwwww. Fabregas is doing a plausible impression of me in the advanced role, Bendtner is totally isolated and Arshavin and Walcott have been spectators.

im thinking a different arsenal will come out in the second half, in the meantime in gonna get some poached eggs and toast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Thanks mate. :) Come on the Gunners.

So that'll be Almunia, Gallas, Clichy and Djourou missing from the back...

Crap, I was getting optimistic about the Champions League :(

Walcott! :D

The moment i turned on the stream, thanks Beau! :)

• Advertisement

Theo...Theo...Theo... Super stuff. :)

Well done Theo.

Now let's put an end to Wigan.

Walcott subbed off for Adebayor.

the poached eggs seemed to have done the trick,

great play from arsh and cesc

2-1. Great build up play and well finished by Mikael.

I'll be damned, Silvestre scored.
    Slick move.

Arshavin and Fabregas combine to cut apart Wigan with absurd ease, Silvestre slotting the ball in from a few yards out. Much better.

Silvestre's reaction to his goal is hilarious. He looks amazed to have scored.

• Advertisement

Gibbs is having a mare, btw.

Arsenal seem a team transformed since taking off Bendtner

edit: WTF he's actually still on the pitch!?!?

hells bells that was an awful header but nic :rolleyes:

ARSHAVIN you beauty!!! top top class footballer

That has settled it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement