Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

JPA wrote: »
    I'm shocked you take what the Mirror says seriously for a second.

gas the way we take links with players we want to sign from tabloids seriously, but when they say anything we dont like we immediately dismiss it

we arent going to have anything like the money from last year to spend, get used to the idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

I'd believe it more then i'd believe the Lescott link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Helix wrote: »
    gas the way we take links with players we want to sign from tabloids seriously, but when they say anything we dont like we immediately dismiss it

I don't believe a single word from any tabloid, ever.

we arent going to have anything like the money from last year to spend, get used to the idea[

That is your opinion so stop stating it as some kind of fact. You yourself are the one going on about Lerners wealth increasing.

That is your opinion so stop stating it as some kind of fact

you said the same thing when i said laursen would be finishing up about 3 months ago

you said the same thing when i said laursen would be finishing up about 3 months ago

But it's still guess work isn't it, in the hope you'll be proved right in the future.

But it's still guess work isn't it, in the hope you'll be proved right in the future.

its called being observant and not going around with claret tinted glasses on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Miaow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Oh my.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

mirror reporting our transfer kitty is a whopping £10m for the summer

cant say im shocked

Is this the article?

Because it specifically says:
    Villa’s Danish defender Laursen, 31, needs another major knee operation and O’Neill will be given around £10million by owner Randy Lerner to replace him.

By no means an indication that our kitty is set to be a total of £10m this summer and also, given that it's in The Mirror, probably complete fabrication.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

Has anyone been checking-in on the General's posts lately..? I haven't paid any attention to them since the last transfer window. 'Wonder what kind of vibes he's giving out these days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

talk is that Laursen may be retiring next week?
    MON wrote:
    "The outcome after the experts looked at it, is not great. I think Martin might be in a position to look at by the end of next week."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/04/24/1227434/aston-villas-martin-oneill-speaks-out-over-martin-laursens-serio

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Mr Alan wrote: »

yup weve been talking about this one for a while and either way expect a new CB at Villa for next season

Match Link: http://www.justin.tv/accord10/popout

Tell me if it works for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Match Link: http://www.justin.tv/accord10/popout

Tell me if it works for you.

I went to check that and it needs a code

• Advertisement

That's weird. Didn't see anything like that.

They all seem to be down for me. Anyone got a working one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Shocking effort from young

I'm still getting asked for an access code

• Advertisement

matrim wrote: »
    I'm still getting asked for an access code

I clicked directly into it, didnt have to enter any code.

Villa 1 up.

Young with a fluke:)

Is our luck changing:eek:

Rubbish defending again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Ah jesus.

This really isn't my day for matches. I'm getting a password code on that zomse site too

Esse85 wrote: »

whats the password?

whats the password?
    Try 5000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

1-1 :(

• Advertisement

5000 is not the password. Well it doesn't work for me anyway.

whats the password?
    Young's free kicks are absolutely sh1t, surely Milner should be given a chance after the strike against everton.

Young's free kicks are absolutely sh1t, surely Milner should be given a chance after the strike against everton.

That's a long password ;)

urgh cant get a single stream working

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

score in another game:
    atleast everton are 2-0 down to City

shoutman wrote: »
    5000 is not the password. Well it doesn't work for me anyway.

Well i wasnt asked for a password but i did see 5000 being suggested as one.

Thank god Heskey is coming off, Fonz is on.

Well i wasnt asked for a password but i did see 5000 being suggested as one.

doesnt work for me:(

To those who cant get the link to work, ye're better off. Desperate display again, Heskey was never in the game, none of the CM pair are getting forward, Young's delivery has been dreadful and the defense looks as like they could concede anytime.

Same old sh1t really.

• Advertisement

Brutal, the first three months of next season are going to be very interesting. If the team are still playing like this in August we could be looking at a relegation battle on our hands :(

Brutal, the first three months of next season are going to be very interesting. If the team are still playing like this in August we could be looking at a relegation battle on our hands :(

dont be silly, the best manager in the world would never be capable of that

Because I said that....

oh im sorry, i must have missed the bit where i wrote that you said it

please accept my apologies for something i didnt do

*edit*

although ive just noticed your sig

lol

Is a little part of you delighted that a team managed by MON has failed to win yet again?

I still have full faith in our manager's capabilities, and my opinion wont change, no matter what happens for the last few games of this season, however if we continue to perform next year like we are doing at the moment well then obviously things will have to be looked at.

Is a little part of you delighted that a team managed by MON has failed to win yet again?

I still have full faith in our manager's capabilities, and my opinion wont change, no matter what happens for the last few games of this season, however if we continue to perform next year like we are doing at the moment well then obviously things will have to be looked at.

no, none of me is delighted. more frustrated and pissed off at the amount of "mon is infallible" heads still doing the rounds

hes made a balls of it

• Advertisement

I'm pretty frustrated at the people who say that we need to replace him because we are doing so poorly at the moment. He still has us in a position that we would of been happy with preseason. No one is happy that we are here now but I'd still prefere MON then Avran f%$king Grant.

Out of the starting 11 today, 10 were MON's signings. No one can argue he hasnt had time to build his own team, he has had time, he's had loads of money.

I saw a great point someone made on Villatalk, they said that in the January window, our rivals at the time(Arsenal) signed Arshavin, our rivals for next year(Spurs) signed Keane, Defoe and Palacious. Who did we sign, fcuking Heskey.

I saw an interview this week with MON saying that Carew, Gabby and Heskey will all be a major force for us next season. Is he serious???

With the retirement of Laursen and the obvious departure of Barry, i feel we've a major battle on our hands to finish in the top 7 next season.

No doubt when the summer transfer window opens MON will do fcuk all for the first 3 months and tell us all to be patient and how he wont spend over the odds for players, then come the last week, he'll buy his usual donkeys who are over priced/rated English players:rolleyes:

So you want Avram Grant instead?

So you want Avram Grant instead?
    Where did i say i want that man?

I see you removed your signature, does that mean you want Avran Grant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

To those who cant get the link to work, ye're better off. Desperate display again, Heskey was never in the game, none of the CM pair are getting forward, Young's delivery has been dreadful and the defense looks as like they could concede anytime.

Same old sh1t really.

+1, Heskey played like a 41 year old, Petrov is jaded & the backline is pants.

To be fair the loss of Laursen & Bouma is always going to impact. But Villas returning to crushing mediocrity has a warm familiar feel to it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement