Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

what's the difference between villa and the top 4?

emile heskey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Samurai wrote: »

emile heskey!

Pretty poor imo. :rolleyes:

yeah my friend just burned me with it on facebook after i told him(newcastle fan) the alan shearer joke

whats the difference between newcastle and alan shearer?

you'll see shearer on match of the day next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Samurai wrote: »

emile heskey!

that is the worst joke i have ever heard

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

we really need a comfortable win tmrrw night. anybody going over to the fulham game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

villains77 wrote: »
    we really need a comfortable win tmrrw night.

I don't care if it's comfortable but we definitely need a win, to get us back on track and back to having a couple of points on Everton

Agree with matrim, beg, borrow or steal 3 points tonight!

Come on Villa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Must win game tonight for numerous reasons.Villa need to regain 5th, need to win a game, need to win at VP and need to win just to end this terrible nightmarish run of results.

And in other news MON concedes the obvious:
    Players are under contract, that is vitally important," said O'Neill. "With Gareth Barry, you do accept having spent 10-11 years at the club, he would be wanting to have a look at other particular things. The rest of the boys have done well, but haven't in terms of over a long period of time for me to be overly concerned about that [moving elsewhere].

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/04/gareth-barry-aston-villa-martin-oneill

I think one of Petrov or Barry should be dropped for NRC tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

mon doesnt drop his favourite players

Not that i think NRC is any great shakes of course, but i don't think we've seen him starting in a 442 in the PL this season have we? definitely not since Heskey has arrived, have him playing that DM role and see if he has learned to pass yet.

What are people's predictions of tonights team?

Young--Davies--Cuellar--Shorey
    Milner--Petrov--Barry--Young
    Carew & Heskey

I would like to see us go 4-5-1 at the start but doubt this will happen.

thatll be the team alright youd have to imagine

cant really see mon throwing us a curveball and changing anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Once again the lack of penetration through the middle will be frustrating i imagine. If Hull defend deep which they should then I fear we may have a problem breaking them down.

It would be nice to see a change in system/personnel but id say there's a better chance of picking mid week's lotto numbers.

If anyone gets a link to the game, can you please post it.

Team:

Friedel/Young/Knight/Davies/Shorey/Barry/Petrov/Young/Milner/Gabby/Carew

• Advertisement

heskey out gabby in

its like replacing a splinter with a pin lol

this is gonna be a dull, dull game

also, link: sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/6816

McLeish & McCarthy doing the warm up for Sky FFS what do the know?

hang on a minute

where the bloody hell is carlos?

Hahaha at Boateng talking about his reception when he returns to VP.

CC injured or dropped, whoda thunk it that RB would be his best position.

Carew 1-0

• Advertisement

See a draw here, Gabby shoulda done better with his chance before the break.

CC injured or dropped, whoda thunk it that RB would be his best position.

hes ill apparently

and right back most certainly isnt his best position or anything like it

Helix wrote: »
    hes ill apparently

and right back most certainly isnt his best position or anything like it

Nah RB has been the safer position for him not that he has been any good there either, CB should be his best but we're giving him the year to settle i guess.

Nah RB has been the safer position for him not that he has been any good there either, CB should be his best but we're giving him the year to settle i guess.

when he plays right back he just gives the ball to the opposition constantly

hes a solid center back, but hes just been played out of position for so long that i dont think he knows what he is any more

same as the way we've destroyed reo coker

also good to see shorey playing so well

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

two very tired looking teams and in the end despite the fact that Villa should have probably won by a few hulls complete lack of attacking penetration means Villa get a home win and a clean sheet which is nice. Hope fully we can continue to pick up points and get 5th instead of acting like our season is over in our remaining games now.

top 6 finishing place confirmed about 8 weeks after it shouldve been

A win is a win so the run is ended & 3pts and a clean sheet. Hull are hopeless though.

aye a win is most definitely a win in this case

need serious bulking up of the squad for next term tho

this season will have been a total of 55 games for us, next season itll be our 38 league games, potentially 17 in the europa league, potentially 6 in the fa cup (without replays), potentially 6 in the league cup... so we're definitely looking at more matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

17 games to win the Europa League is an absolute joke.

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    17 games to win the Europa League is an absolute joke.

19 games if you finish 7th in the prem too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

YAY! A win! Been a while since we've been able to post about such a thing. :) Also have carew in my fantasy football team, ye legend!

3 points in the bag, and i'm hoping that will mean the end of us sh!tting ourselves for the last ten minutes of every match in which we are leading.

Downsides were our sloppy defense at times, Knight in particular.
    And poor decisions at times going forward, too many times we looked to lob it in the box instead of being patient and passing it a bit more.

Fulham will be a tough game but I still fancy 7 from our last three games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

POTY voting has opened....Stan the man for me tbh,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Savman wrote: »
    POTY voting has opened....Stan the man for me tbh,

I looking at Milner,Barry or Young. Don't agree with Stan as your choice, hes been average at best.

tomred1 wrote: »
    Don't agree with Stan as your choice, hes been average at best.

jesus christ:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Just voted for Petrov without doubt the best player this year

Realy whats does Petrov bring to the VIlla team? That i am missing? I don't see him do much defensive duties or much going forwrd either, he passes the ball sideways alot. Infact his best perfromance this season was for Bulgaria against us.

I was at the Anfield game and the only Positive from that was Stan's performance, he is very strong on the ball he wins it he uses it very well, you might not see him hitting 40 yard passes very often but they don't work very often no matter who hits them.

All season he has been very consistent and has done more in midfield than other players imo

• Advertisement

Realy whats does Petrov bring to the VIlla team?
    Nothing less than Barry, Young or Milner. Luke Young would be a close second but if you can't see/don't know Petrov's influence on the team, then....eh.....vote for someone else.

Realy whats does Petrov bring to the VIlla team? That i am missing? I don't see him do much defensive duties or much going forwrd either, he passes the ball sideways alot. Infact his best perfromance this season was for Bulgaria against us.

he runs the team

the bloke is the engine of villa. take him out and we're even worse than we usually are

barry has had one of his more average seasons, yet youre naming him our poty and saying petrov adds nothing.

i just cant comprehend this at all

Petrov is like Fletcher for Man Utd, in that when he's in the side, he's almost taken for granted, yet when he's out of the side, there's uproar and he's greatly missed.

By far our best player this season. Im delighted for him, great attitude, never moans when he wasnt playing, does the right things. The guy is a class act.

Helix wrote: »

i just cant comprehend this at all
    Don't be trollfeed!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Esse85 wrote: »
    By far our best player this season. Im delighted for him, great attitude, never moans when he wasnt playing, does the right things. The guy is a class act.
    +1.

Savman wrote: »
    Don't be trollfeed!;)

Im not trolling at all.I just don't see what Petrov does in games apart apssing the ball sideways. I don't see how he is the engine room of the team as all our attack go throgh Barry/Young or Milner and as for his defensive play, i feelhe doesn't protect the back four enough.

• Advertisement

Im not trolling at all.I just don't see what Petrov does in games apart apssing the ball sideways. I don't see how he is the engine room of the team as all our attack go throgh Barry/Young or Milner and as for his defensive play, i feelhe doesn't protect the back four enough.
    Maybe watch a few games again so

tomred1, you fail at Aston Villa.

JPA wrote: »
    tomred1, you fail at Aston Villa.

I'm obviously not seeing what Petrov does for Villa that everybody else is seeing but yet no one has pointed out what i'm missing?

Yep Petrov is my POTY too, although he's been knackered since about March and him, Barry & the 442 don't work. Tomred1 i think what you can say about Petrov is that he does the simple things well.

I'm obviously not seeing what Petrov does for Villa that everybody else is seeing but yet no one has pointed out what i'm missing?

He's the engine of the team this season. How can you not see it?
    It's not exactly subtle.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement