Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Esse85 wrote: »
    The Man City fans dont seem to rate Dunne, he had a poor season just gone from what I've heard.
    :eek: Bad last season alright but wasn't he their player of the year 3 years in a row before that? Would be a great buy IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

Dunne would do us for a year or two... He's the 'stopper' we badly need since Laursen's demise. Cuellar and Davies are good players but both are more suited to the sweeper role of the centre-half pairing. We need someone who attacks everything that comes into the box - the Terry / Vidic type. Dunne fits the bill.

In other news, looks like we might be missing the boat (again) on this lad

Toffees offer £5m for Blades runner

Everton have reportedly made a £5million bid for Sheffield United full-back Kyle Naughton, who is also wanted by Manchester United and City.

The 20-year-old is one of the most promising talents outside the Premier League and has been linked with a move to the top flight this summer.

After impressing in the Blades' ultimately unsuccessful bid for promotion from the Championship, Naughton is reportedly a target for Aston Villa, Mark Hughes' big-spending City and their neighbours United.

However, it is understood Everton are trying to pip their top-flight rivals to the right-back's signature after lodging an offer with the Blades.

Toffees manager David Moyes is willing to pay an initial £3.5million for Naughton, with incentives eventually taking the deal to £5million.

Blades boss Kevin Blackwell said last week that he was confident of keeping the youngster over the summer.

He will now face a stern test of his resolve, though, as Moyes looks to bolster his squad ahead of next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

^^^ Don't think they will get him for that money.
    SU will want to get the very max they can.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

first it was he Togolese Zidan now its the South Afican Figo

10.00 South Africa's Teko Modise has issued a 'come and get me' call to English Premier League clubs. The 26-year-old Orlando Pirates creative midfielder is being linked to Wigan, Manchester City and Aston Villa.

and Marlon attracting interet from Hull

12.35 Hull City boss Phil Brown has admitted interest in both Marc-Antoine Fortune and Marlon Harewood. The Tigers chief is weighing up bids for the pair as he looks to beef up his attacking options for next season.
    Sky Sports wrote:
    DAVIES EXPECTS "LOTS OF INS"

Curtis Davies expects Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill to sign a handful of players in the summer transfer window.

Villa failed in their bid to secure a UEFA Champions League spot last term when a promising start to their Premier League campaign petered out.

Eventually settling for sixth-place, the Midlands club inevitably lost the services of midfielder Gareth Barry who moved to Manchester City

Now, with £12million in the bank following Barry's sale, O'Neill has been linked with a number of big names to help boost next season's aim of a top-four finish.

Central defender Davies has backed O'Neill's plans to invest, admitting that he expects to see a number of new faces around the club in the not too distant future.

Expectations
    "I expect a lot of ins. We had one of the squads that has used the least players again," he said.

"Last summer I think we signed something like six players and I can imagine something along similar lines.

"If people see the progression we have made as a team, and we get the right names here, they could help push us into the top four."

He added: "The size of the squad can be talked about but we got to February (last season) and were still flying.

"People can say we then petered out but we were out of the Uefa Cup then and had no more of those games to worry about.

"We were playing Saturday to Saturday. We just didn't keep our form up.

"Obviously, if you have a bigger squad, you can freshen things up but the players who were there never really complained about it and kept going."

and
    MARTIN O’NEILL is hoping to win a second summer battle with Rafa Benitez over Steven Defour.

O’Neill frustrated the Liverpool boss 12 months ago by preventing him from completing an £18m move for Gareth Barry.

And now the Aston Villa boss is determined to beat the Spaniard in the £13m race for Belgian star Defour.

O’Neill has been a long-time admirer of the Standard Liege midfielder, 21.

He will use the cash raised from the sale of Barry to Manchester City to test the resolve of the Belgian club now Defour has made it clear he wants to leave.

He said: “I have achieved what I wanted with Standard.

“Maybe it is best for my career to make an upward step. I feel the time is right to move on.

“It is up to them if they sell me and they will decide that I go to a good club.”

Defour made a big impression on Benitez with European displays against Liverpool for Standard last August.

And Benitez has made him a priority if Xabi Alonso or Javier Mascherano leave Anfield this summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

If this belgian lad signs, lets hopes he proves as successful as fellaini

Its difficult to see any improvement on sixth unless there are at least 5 good first team signings made. Spurs and Manchester City can only improve on last seasons showing. Everton's home record was poor at the start of last season and this should be ironed out. Spurs may have to sell before they can buy. The richard dunne suggestion was a good one.

Maybe i'm a little mad but Michael Owen may be worth the chance. Given he is out of contract and will likely have to accept a substantial pay cut and restricted terms. The club havent had an ot and out goalscorer since Dwight Yorke.

orourkeda wrote: »
    Its difficult to see any improvement on sixth unless there are at least 5 good first team signings made. Spurs and Manchester City can only improve on last seasons showing. Everton's home record was poor at the start of last season and this should be ironed out. Spurs may have to sell before they can buy. The richard dunne suggestion was a good one.

Maybe i'm a little mad but Michael Owen may be worth the chance. Given he is out of contract and will likely have to accept a substantial pay cut and restricted terms. The club havent had an ot and out goalscorer since Dwight Yorke.

I really agree with this and hope the fans expectations arent going to be too high. I do think we can be better than Everton and Spurs if the Summer goes well but both sides will be strong next season and for once with Harry in charge I dont see Spurs being flops this time.

Man City are a wild card, ive no idea how they will do this season tbh but No question they are going to be aiming to atleast break the top 4 this year (wether the achieve that is another thing).

As far as Owen, he is actually the forward I expect atm. He isnt my 1st choice (we wont be getting our first choice signings in each position) but he isnt a bad choice especially not when on a much reduced contract and a free transfer. Gabby/Owen competing for one forward slot and Carew/Heskey for the other with The Fonz as backup to be developed perhaps by going on loan.

None of the following are unbelievable but imagine the options we would have if Villa signed the following players this Summer.

Bentley
    Naughton
    Upson
    Defour
    Owen

it might happen

I'm convinced we will sign Bentley and Owen. Maybe Upson.

The rest are up in the air. Defour, Delph etc. Who knows?
    Defour would make some people happy just for the fact that's he's young and foreign mainly, the unknown excites!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

I would certainly look forward to a Jenas-Bentley double signing. Not for swapping Young/Carew however. I doubt Jenas would fancy a move to VP. As for Defour, he is already well known around the Villa web but is he any good?

As for expectations Villa will do well to finish top 8 next season, this isn't downplaying Villa but even taking new signings into account i think Villa will be scrapping with Everton, Spurs & City for positions 5-8. No more no less. Give me a league cup win and i'll smile.

Why would Jenas not fancy VP? :confused:
    Anyway I think he is ****, one of the links I don't want happening.

• Advertisement

The Belgian lads on VT reckon Defour ain't all that hot. They reckon "he will not be a good enough replacement for Barry" and there are much better players out there for the money he'd cost...??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

I'll pass on Jenas too, he's fairly similiar to what we have already.

The Naughton bid was rejected anyway so there's still hope!

Hangelaand could be worth a bid too.

I'll pass on Jenas too, he's fairly similiar to what we have already.

The Naughton bid was rejected anyway so there's still hope!

Hangelaand could be worth a bid too.

I honestly dont think Hangelaand is going anywhere, he is happy at Fulham and they got European football too.

I too will pass on Jenas he just seems like the type of player that will always be at a mid-table side.

Defour is their club captain despite being only 21 and iirc won the golden boot which is essentially like the MVP award for the Belgian league last year or the one before so he must be decent and could still improve. I have seen the negativity on VT but i think that may be due to 2 things one that maybe in belguim he is being over hyped because he is the new young belgian star and also I can imagine some negativity because (i may be wrong here) he is from the flanders region of belgium and ala the Basque people in spain they consider themselves somewhat seperate from the rest of the country and thus can recieve much annomosity from other belgians, Defour being their footballing poster boy.

Well as far as I know Belgium is more or less a 50-50 split so I don't think that's an issue!
    I generally think that scouts and managers know more than a few random Belgians so I suppose we'll have to wait and see how he turns out, whether it's at Villa or elsewhere.

Id say most people would be happy if this happened
    Martin O'Neill will revive his interest in Royston Drenthe thanks to the fire sale at Real Madrid.

Aston Villa boss O’Neill is weighing up a £4m offer for the former Feyenoord left-back as a replacement for Nicky Shorey.

Drenthe, 22, will be allowed to leave *Madrid this summer as part of a clear-out of up to nine players by new president *Florentino Perez, who is desperate to raise funds to pay for the arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo and Brazilian ace Kaka.

The Dutch Under-21international cost Madrid £10m two seasons ago but he has struggled to establish himself at the *Bernabeu.

He has made just 38 appearances in two seasons and was booed by fans las tseason after some poor performances. O’Neill was an admirer of the defender prior to his move to Madrid and made enquiries about his *availability.

Drenthe is now available ataround £6m and O’Neill sees him as a perfect *replacement for Shorey, who has struggled to make an impact since his £5m move from Reading last summer.

Shorey, 28, expects to move on this summer and has been attracting interest from Championship clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I cna see the Bentley deal happening....but if Carew and Ashley Young were shipped out as part of any makeweight deal, MON would need arresting for crimes against football.

Drenthe would be a great signing. Very little else to get the pulses racing yet tbh.

I don't know about Drenthe. Never done anything in his career really.
    I don't think its true anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Warning: this post does not contain any Transfer Rumors!

Next seasons fixtures are out: linky

Good couple of games over christmas!

Edit:I just saw the sticky...is this post okay? Delete is necessary...
    Edit 2: edited jsut in case!

Warning: this post does not contain any Transfer Rumors!

Next seasons fixtures are out: linky

Good couple of games over christmas!

Edit:I just saw the sticky...is this post okay? Delete is necessary...
    Edit 2: edited jsut in case!

The rematch on Stephens Day. Awesome.
    Anyway can we discuss individual fixtures? Then it's not a list.

• Advertisement

The South African Figo that was linked to Villa a few days ago starts tonight on the opposite flank to Pienaar in the confederations cup against New Zealand next. maybe this seasons Salifou ;)

The South African Figo that was linked to Villa a few days ago starts tonight on the opposite flank to Pienaar in the confederations cup against New Zealand next. maybe this seasons Salifou ;)
    How bad is he?

How bad is he?

Its hard to tell he isnt starring but looks good but then again everyone in the team does atm as New Zealand are very poor and South Africa are well on top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

We have made a signing ladies and gentleman!!!!!
    Aston Villa have snapped up Northampton youth-team player Courtney Cameron for an undisclosed fee.
    The 16-year-old is the latest youngster from the Cobblers youth-team set-up to make the jump to the Premier League, following Mark Randall and Anton Blackwood.
    "Courtney has been at the club for a number of years and has improved immeasurably in that time," said Town's head of youth Geoff Harrop.
    "He's an attacking player, very athletic and has an excellent attitude. He has worked hard, listened well and he, just like Mark and Anton before him, is proof that local players are in good hands here at Northampton Town."
    The Cobblers have secured the services of Yas Hussain, another player who was attracting Premier League interest, on a long-term contract.

Can't see him being a first year regular next season though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

always good to see a promising young player been signed up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

that's 2 youth team signings. Now for the first team signings

• Advertisement

shoutman wrote: »
    We have made a signing ladies and gentleman!!!!!

Can't see him being a first year regular next season though....
    If Heskeys form is as bad as it was last season, Id give the lad a run out.

I am not irreplaceable - Laursen

Laursen is set to work on Danish television as a football pundit
    Former Aston Villa captain Martin Laursen believes manager Martin O'Neill will be able to find a suitable replacement following his retirement.
    The ex-Denmark international ended his career last month because of a series of serious knee injuries, but he insists he is not irreplaceable.
    "I hope that Aston Villa can find someone to play my position and really do well," he told BBC WM.
    "The club moving forward - that would be the best scenario for me."
    Laursen's farewell to Villa Park was an emotional experience for the defender, as he was given a standing ovation during the final home game of the season against Newcastle.

And the 31-year-old has sympathy for another Villa Park departure after former skipper Gareth Barry chose a move to Manchester City.
    "He's an England international and a very, very good player who has given a lot to the club," he said.
    "Perhaps he thought that he couldn't really bring anything more out of himself, he needed something to stimulate him as a player."
    Laursen is set to have further surgery on his knee, in order to make his future life more comfortable, and will work as a pundit for Danish TV on international games and the Champions League
    Martin O'Neill believes strengthening his Villa squad is essential as he plots a successful 2009-10 campaign.

Speaking exclusively on AVTV, the Villa boss revealed he is actively pursuing new recruits ahead of the forthcoming season.

He said: "We're on the lookout. We want to strengthen the side. We have lost Gareth but we are hoping to be in a position to replace him.

"Having looked at the market and watched what has developed with the major transfers - Kaka and Ronaldo particularly - you can definitely say it's interesting times.

"We are going to have to try and improve - even to stand still in this league. Manchester City and Tottenham will be looking to improve and I envisage Everton being strong again."

MON also wished Gareth Barry well at Manchester City - although he would have liked the midfielder to stay at Villa for one more season.

He said Barry left Villa on good terms and deserves praise for his outstanding service to the club.

MON added: "It would have been fantastic if he had stayed. It happened early so we didn't have the debacle we faced the previous season. But that wasn't too important to me.

"It would just have been great if he had stayed on another year. I was disappointed to lose him. He wanted to go and he felt Manchester City was the right stage so I won't argue, particularly when you consider the number of years he spent at the football club.

"It has happened now but he has been a fantastic servant and I wish him all the very best.

"I worked with him for three years, he hardly missed a game and he cemented his place in the national side and has done exceptionally well overall. I am sure he will go from strength to strength."

^^^^
    Same old sh1t from MON.

In other news, Gabby has gone off injured in the u21 England game (shins) and Milner missed a penalty in that same game.

Milner scored now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

apologies if this has been posted already

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/18/ashley-young-aston-villa
    Aston Villa will need to make a couple of stellar signings to match Ashley Young's ambition and avoid losing their most *valuable asset this summer. The England international is concerned at the club's direction in the wake of Martin Laursen's retirement and Gareth Barry's decision to join Manchester City, and unless *Martin O'Neill can recruit two high-profile replacements Villa face a battle to keep hold of the player the manager described as a "genius" last year.

Young is Tottenham Hotspur's No1 target and, while Villa will strongly resist any offers from White Hart Lane, which are likely to involve player exchanges plus cash, it will be more difficult to reject an approach from Chelsea if interest at Stamford Bridge hardens. The 23-year-old is known to have been discussed by the Chelsea hierarchy and was expected to be one of the names considered when senior figures met to talk about the club's transfer plans last week.

Whether an offer materialises remains to be seen, with Chelsea pursuing more ambitious signings, but there is a *feeling that if the London club continue to miss out on their favoured choices – Kaka preferred Real Madrid and David Villa looks set to stay in Spain – then Young will become a realistic option, despite the former *Watford trainee not fitting the profile of English player (below the age of 23 and yet to become established at first-team level) being actively pursued.

Villa would be likely to demand around £25m for Young, a fee that would not be beyond Chelsea's reach but is likely to deter Spurs unless Harry Redknapp can persuade O'Neill to accept a couple of players as makeweights. While players such as Jermaine Jenas and David Bentley are of interest to O'Neill, the Villa manager would be extremely reluctant to enter into a swap deal involving his best player, in particular with a club regarded as direct rivals.

Young has no intention of forcing the issue and has enjoyed his time at Villa, where he has developed into one of the most exciting talents in the Premier League. He feels a debt of gratitude to O'Neill, who was seen by many to have paid over the odds when he agreed a £9.5m deal to bring him to Villa Park in January 2007, and is not pushing for a new *contract, having signed a lucrative four‑year deal last November that ties him to the club until 2012.

But he is understood to be worried that Villa will be able to maintain the level of performance that for much of the *season promised a Champions League place unless O'Neill has the funds to attract players of the same quality as Laursen and Barry. Manchester City and Spurs are both expected to be more competitive next *season and O'Neill himself *acknowledged yesterday: "We are going to have to try and improve – even to stand still in this league."

• Advertisement

I hate paper talk. Spurs have been linked with about 30 Players. We'll see what happens. It looks as though both Chelsea and Spurs will have to sell players before they can buy. Knowing Harry Redknapp we'd probably end up with all sorts of donkeys as part of an exchange deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

that article talks about what young wants but doesn't have any direct quotes so i wouldn't take it too seriously

That Guardian article wouldn't look out of place in the Sun or Daily Mirror ffs, it truly is silly season. But given the lack of transfer activity & sale of that fool to City we can expect plenty more of the speculative type until something happens.

I still dont see Young going anywhere until next summer atleast but that wont stop him being linked everywhere and anywhere. in the mail:
    Aston Villa winger Ashley Young has emerged as an option for Barcelona if Bayern Munich price Franck Ribery out of the market.

Tottenham Hotspur are also keen on Young but it has emerged the former Watford player is among Barcelona's alternatives for France international Ribery.

Young has impressed Barca coach Pep Guardiola not only with his goalscoring but also his high number of assists.

Last December Real Madrid were interested in Young before they bought Klaas-Jan Huntelaar from Ajax.

Now European Champions Barcelona have Young on their summer short list of possible transfer targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Raekwon wrote: »
    There were rumours in the Italian press that Mellberg will sign for Greek side Olympiacos after Juventus signed Fabio Cannavaro. I seriously doubt we'll ever see him back at Villa Park again TBH.

Like I was saying...............
    Olof Mellberg has agreed a three-year deal with Olympiakos and is set to officially join on Monday, according to reports in Greece.

It is understood that Juventus have accepted an offer of around €2.7million (£2.3m) for the Swedish defender.

Recent speculation had suggested that Mellberg could return to former club Aston Villa after just one season with Juventus.

But Olympiakos now appear to have won the chase for his signature and a medical is expected to take place at the start of next week.

Apparently Kyle Naughton has been on facebook saying he's having a medical at Villa today...!? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I couldn't see that happening because Barcelona wouldn't spend that much on a player who is not the finished product, has no champions League experience, has barely played for England and has only player in England.

Too much of a risk and they aren't loaded enough to take a huge risk like that.
    And I suppose he's not good enough either.

That should scare them off.

wynters wrote: »
    Apparently Kyle Naughton has been on facebook saying he's having a medical at Villa today...!? :)
    If it was on facebook then it must be true!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I think Barry didn't even wanna play for the club and we still have a chance of breaking the top 4!

a 2nd signing again a youngster but this one might raise the odd eybrow.
    SAMIR CARRUTHERS, highly-rated skipper of Arsenal Under-16s, has stunned the Gunners by walking out to join Aston Villa.

Carruthers, a 15-year-old London schoolboy tipped for a big future, was offered a two-year scholarship by boss Arsene Wenger but he turned it down to sign for Martin O'Neill.

League One Brentford have plunged Dagenham into crisis by swooping for Danny Foster, Ben Strevens and Sam Saunders.They were out of contract, so hard-up Daggers will not cash in.

&
    ASTON VILLA TARGET JURADO

By MARTIN HARDY, 20/06/2009

ASTON VILLA are keen to sign emerging Spanish star Jurado as they prepare for an overhaul of their midfield.

Villa chief Martin O'Neill is willing to pay Atletico Madrid £7million for the 22-year-old.

Jurado, who was part of the Spanish Under-21 side defeated 2-0 by England on Thursday night, enjoyed a superb campaign on loan at Mallorca last season.

The midfielder scored nine times and helped his loan club to a top 10 finish in La Liga.

But Villa have hit a snag in their pursuit of Real Madrid's Dutch star Royston Drenthe after Italian giants Fiorentina reached a preliminary agreement to sign the 22-year-old winger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

That's crazy stuff about the arsenal youngster, I am liking the effort being put into the youth sides, I know it will take time to see dividends but if we get one or two quality first teamers it will be well worth it...

hopefully we can see Naughten in a Villa jersey next year.

wynters wrote: »

I hope Naughton signs but that Villa Blog has as much inside information as me or you. Naughton is signing because it said it on FaceBook. Please. :rolleyes:

Dindane on his way
    Ivory Coast striker could be heading to the Premier League

By Giscard Gourizro Last updated: 20th June 2009

Lens president Gervais Martel has admitted that Aruna Dindane will be leaving the club during the summer.

Dindane has attracted interest from numerous Premier League clubs, with Aston Villa, Spurs and Stoke City all reportedly chasing the Ivorian striker.

Martel says that his Ligue 2 outfit will not be able to hang on to the 28-year-old for much longer and expressed his regret that he will be leaving France.

"Aruna Dindane is a world class player, there are clubs abroad interested in him," he told Sport10.

"I think he will leave and join a foreign club. It is sad because many French clubs can't afford him."

Dindane has stated his desire to play in England before but, according to reports form the Ivory Coast, could end up heading to La Liga if his agent cannot complete a deal by the end of June.

just found more info on the Arsenal kid, seems it was reported quite a while back but only picked up on recently
    Arsenal midfielder Samir Carruthers has completed his move to Aston Villa following a successful trial, Jeorge Bird’s Arsenal Youth can reveal.

The tricky winger, who is of Morrocan descent, was offered scholarship terms by Arsenal but rejected the club at which he first came to prominence in favour of the Midlands outfit who boast one of the strongest academies in the country.

Carruthers had previously been on trial at Fulham but opted against a move across London because he felt that he would not receive sufficient game time there. He subsequently returned to Arsenal before Villa contacted Liam Brady with an enquiry and invited Samir to train with their under-18s.

He impressed during his 3-day trial and was given a free tour of Villa Park as well as seats in an executive box to watch the final game of the season against Newcastle yesterday.

Samir made his final appearance in an Arsenal shirt at Emirates Stadium this morning during the u-16s’ 4-1 victory over Chelsea. He leaves with the best wishes of his team-mates and the seal of approval from Brady and Steve Gatting.

Carruthers made a solitary appearance for the u-18s, during the 1-0 victory over Watford in March. He certainly has a bright future ahead of him and might one day regret his decision to leave the Gunners at the tender age of 16

Dindane, 25 goals in 90 games for lens, no thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Fraizer Campbell looks like he could be going to Hull. Why aren't Villa in for him? He is a young, English and has bags of potential, all traits that MON usually goes for.

Raekwon wrote: »
    Fraizer Campbell looks like he could be going to Hull. Why aren't Villa in for him? He is a young, English and has bags of potential, all traits that MON usually goes for.
    Hopefully because MON rathers Sturridge

• Advertisement

Thought Sturridge to Chelski was a done deal? he should have a chat with Sidders about them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement