Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Savman wrote: »
    3 years later, how long should this 'meantime' be? Another three years?

Can you please outline what you expect from the club and the manager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

MON is a bollix, MON is the best bollix we can get, Ashley Young is great, we should sell ashley young if they offer xmillion, we should never sell young, our squad is still getting smaller, players are playing out of position, some waffle about spurs.....Yawn

supporting Villa is fun
    Who'd you rather support? A club where this doesn't go on...dont exist tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

orourkeda wrote: »
    Listen to yourself. Is the club going any higher than 6th anytime soon. With or without Martin O'Neill. Time for a reality check.

we might have last season, which wouldve set us up for this season, which would have set us up for the next

instead we got emile heskey

Can you please outline what you expect from the club and the manager?
    Progress.

MON is a bollix, MON is the best bollix we can get, Ashley Young is great, we should sell ashley young if they offer xmillion, we should never sell young, our squad is still getting smaller, players are playing out of position, some waffle about spurs.....Yawn

supporting Villa is fun

ask me bollix

ask me bollix
    Might make more sense :D

Progress.

two consecutive sixth place finishes????????????????

where did o'leary finish in his last season?????????????

Progress.

id take decent football and taking the cups seriously considering the current financial landscape in football tbh

Might make more sense :D
    nice.

• Advertisement

do more question marks make it a better point?

I'll expand for you and yer bollix shall I? Champion's League Qualification. If we'd have held our nerve and marched into 4th place (rather than cling on for dear life) then MON would be king of the jungle. We didn't, and he's not.

Welcome to football, a results based business.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Who'd you rather support? A club where this doesn't go on...dont exist tbh.

id not rather support anyone but still this aint going to achieve anything and im not even sure where the conversation is supposed to go, do some of you expect the others to go you know what MON is a bollix and we could do better? cos they dont seem like they are going to change their mind just like your probably not about to join the lets just wait and see brigade cos they say you should STFU with the whining.

but the original point was and i think most agree with this in no way or form should Ashley Young be sold and tbh the only way i could see it happening is if he asked to leave after a Man Utd type club came in for him and even then MON would set a really big asking price a la Barry to Liverpool for him like 25m+ also the rumours of Chelseas interest have seemed to die since they signed Zhirkov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

As a matter of interest, who do you suggest as replacements for the players that have gone?

Its a tricky one, seeing as MON has a tendency to focus on the SPL & PL also rans to source players from then i can't name off the top of my head decent signings but i'll try. here i go:

Beye
    Kranjcer
    Hangeland
    Spurs have at least 7 players that i can think of that cost at least £10 million. They finished below us. Manchester Citys owners is one of the wealthiest people on earth. David Moyes has been Everton manager for the guts of a decade. Each club holds a distinct advantage. Villa also beat all 3 clubs last season.

Spurs, City & Everton recorded a marked inprovement in their performances as the season went on and they got players like Palacios, Defoe, De Jong, Bridge & Jo. Villa went the other way with Heskey arriving. I see no reason why Villa won't begin this season as we we ended last season without an influx of decent signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Helix wrote: »
    why? does martin o'neill read boards? will me pretending to have faith in his abilities make him a better manager?
    No but been positive is always better than been negative :D

Villain wrote: »
    No but been positive is always better than been negative :D

being realistic trumps both imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Im very confident we'll have a small squad at the start of September yet again. We need about 8 players, 4 of these need to be first teamers who will improve the team from last year, MON has done well to finish 6th two seasons in a row but to be fair with the amount of money at his disposal, thats the least he should of achieved.

If he did leave I think we'd be worse off because who would pay:

£8.5m for NRC
    £8m for Cuellar
    £8m for Davies
    £5m for Sidwell
    £3.5 + big wages for Heskey

We'll be left with one big pile of sh1t if MON were to leave.

nrc is a very good player

not at right back though

I see Tuncay and Downing double swoop is looking more and more likely. So long as it's not to replace Ashley, might not be bad moves. Haven't seen much of Tuncay but Downing is an excellent player.

DOL didnt waste millions and millions on sh1t players.

tuncay is a star tbh

exactly what we need

• Advertisement

do more question marks make it a better point?

you can ask me bollix too

Esse85 wrote: »

All leeds players he signed were on free transfers i presume

Downing is not excellent. He's over-rated, will be over priced and one dimensional.

I think Davies will also come good, still young and all that. Needs an experienced head that can turn quicker then the Titanic (this rules out Cuellar) to nurture him. Ties all back to Hangeland really.

Yep Tuncay providing that creative link between midfield and up front ala Carbone/Merson of yesteryear would be nice whilst a downing/Bentley signing for me would be huge as it would truely give Villa options be that to have a class 451/433 lineup or to have 3 great wingers we could rotate

Downing is not excellent. He's over-rated, will be over priced and one dimensional.

Liverpool should sign him so

constructive

constructive

constructive bollix

Why would I or any Villa fan give 2 fcuks what DOL spent at Leeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The General is Back posting on Villa sites:
    Simply put, I am not concerned at this time. We are not the only team that has seen good players go...either thru injury or sale. I would imagine that there are people at ManU who are shaking their heads and worrying. I refuse to start panicking on 8 July...I really do. I recognize that others may not see things the way I do but...I happen to believe in MON and in what he is trying to do. He knows everything that we know and more...he will take care of business. I am not going to get caught up in the hysteria of the day-to-day drama of transfer rumors...I would urge you to do the same...neither one of us needs to end up in a mental institution. I have had enough of hospitals!!!!!! Smile

• Advertisement

Villa thread =

bollocks3.jpg

Why would I or any Villa fan give 2 fcuks what DOL spent at Leeds

He blew millions at Leeds. Consequently, Deadly Doug wasnt going to let lightning strike twice

Villa thread =

bollocks3.jpg

Post on Manchester Uniteds forum then. Take your pig sac somewhere else

constructive bollix

i dont think youre going to last very long around here lol

i dont think youre going to last very long around here lol

I feel a ban comin' on alright

No matter who was in charge, Doug would not of made money available, what limited funds DOL did get were no reflection on his dealings at Leeds United.

Post on Manchester Uniteds forum then. Take your pig sac somewhere else

I will when Ash Young joins them 'for the right price':p.

No matter who was in charge, Doug would not of made money available, what limited funds DOL did get were no reflection on his dealings at Leeds United.

i think hde was moreso to blame for the disaster in dols last season than dol himself tbh

I will when Ash Young joins them 'for the right price':p.

He's going to Chelsea

• Advertisement

But oh lets not forget DOL & Doug made sure that when it matters, money is no object. Hence DOLs fat top 4 sized wages & Dougs 44m made out of Villa's flotation on top of his generous wages. Good riddance to those chancers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

He's going to Chelsea

I heard he's joining The Kaiser Chiefs in South Africa.

But oh lets not forget DOL & Doug made sure that when it matters, money is no object. Hence DOLs fat top 4 sized wages & Dougs 44m made out of Villa's flotation on top of his generous wages. Good riddance to those chancers.

to be fair to doug, he turned down the shower who bought liverpool despite them offering more for the club

it was the only good thing hed done for us in years

Kinetic^ wrote: »

its true

i heard that every day he loves mon less and less

i do like how the links for the double raid on Boro are much better than the usual Mirror/Sun/Newsnow etc

both the Boro http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/boro-fc/boro-fc-news/2009/07/08/villa-in-for-20m-boro-pair-84229-24103499/ and Birmingham http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2009/07/08/revealed-aston-villa-plan-double-swoop-on-middlesbrough-97319-24104200/ local papers and the Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/astonvilla/5776577/Aston-Villa-in-hunt-for-Middlesbroughs-Stewart-Downing-and-Tuncay.html running the story on the same day. Maybe we will see this happen in the next day or so (fingers corssed please let something happen :o) and then suddenly id say people will be a lot more positive on here

Kinetic^ wrote: »

I predict a riot

Sweet. Can you post exposed pig crotch on their forum too

• Advertisement

to be fair to doug, he turned down the shower who bought liverpool despite them offering more for the club

it was the only good thing hed done for us in years

One in the eye alrite for that lot although i suspect that story about your man coming into the office and seeing the Browns helmet and knowing the game is up is typical HDE bull****. More likely i'd say the dollars offered were not as much as Lerner was offering.

I feel a ban comin' on alright
    Then chillax! The mods are notoriously 'PC' round these parts compared to, say, VT where posting photos of pig sacks is not unusual...although usually in reference to the Sty :pac:

Then chillax! The mods are notoriously 'PC' round these parts compared to, say, VT where posting photos of pig sacks is not unusual...although usually in reference to the Sty :pac:

I didnt post the pig scrote and i'm not particularly offended by it. I just responded to it

I didnt post the pig scrote and i'm not particularly offended by it. I just responded to it
    Actually this was before pigballs:

I'm drawing parallels here. Pigbollix seem to be the order of the day.

Actually this was before pigballs:

I'm drawing parallels here. Pigbollix seem to be the order of the day.

Woooooooooooo. Touchy Touchy

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement