Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Latest VT ITK saying Jenas & Distin soon. Whatever about Distin i think Jenas would be a class signing to replace Barry.

Sure we might as well see if Spuds will give us Ledley King also. Maybe we can also try to get Darren Anderton and Nicky Barmby while we are at it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

wonderful news guys! it turns out king carlos grew a beard over the summer. this surely bodes well for the defence in the coming season

0,,10427_6677904,0021d.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

That is reassuring. Our defence, nay, Our Team, nay, The Premiership, nay, WORLD FOOTBALL has been lacking a decent beard for some time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

^^
    Ollie Mellberg days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Neil3030 wrote: »
    That is reassuring. Our defence, nay, Our Team, nay, The Premiership, nay, WORLD FOOTBALL has been lacking a decent beard for some time now.

Mellberg is still alive.

Martin O'Neill is the most overrated manager in the history of the Premier League

Not to be flogging a dead horse here but, Sven?

Not to be flogging a dead horse here but, Sven?

sven isnt as highly rated as mon in the english media

Helix wrote: »
    sven isnt as highly rated as mon in the english media

So MON is the most overrated manager in the history of the Premier League's media coverage?

So MON is the most overrated manager in the history of the Premier League's media coverage?

to be overrated you must first be highly rated

mon: check
    sven: no

Not now he's not, but he kept landing jobs on the back of his Serie A success well past its sell by date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I think that is being un fair to Sven because his record is fairly decent (see below), he was just cursed by the poison chalice that is the England job.

Göteborg

* Svenska Cupen Winners 1979, 1982
    * Allsvenskan Champions 1981, 1982
    * UEFA Cup Winners 1982

Benfica

* Portuguese Liga Champions 1983, 1984, 1991
    * Cup of Portugal Winners 1983
    * SuperCup Cândido de Oliveira Champions 1989
    * European Cup Runners Up 1990
    * UEFA Cup Runners Up 1983

Roma

* Coppa Italia Winners 1986

Sampdoria

* Coppa Italia Winners 1994

Lazio

* Coppa Italia Winners 1998, 2000
    * Italian Super Cup Winners 1998, 2000
    * UEFA Cup Winners' Cup Winners 1999
    * UEFA Super Cup Winners 1999
    * Serie A Champions 2000

Raekwon wrote: »
    I think that is being un fair to Sven because his record is fairly decent (see below), he was just cursed by the poison chalice that is the England job.

no i agree

i dont think its being harsh to say that hes not highly rated though, coz he isnt. if anything hes a bit of a joke figure these days in england

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Villa have sold youngster Sam Williams to Yeovil

no i agree

i dont think its being harsh to say that hes not highly rated though, coz he isnt. if anything hes a bit of a joke figure these days in england
    He may be seen as a joke figure but I feel thats down to his sex life being made public and his emotionless approach to the game rather than his managerial record.

His record for England was excellent and he did a good job at City too.

Esse85 wrote: »
    He may be seen as a joke figure but I feel thats down to his sex life being made public and his emotionless approach to the game rather than his managerial record.

His record for England was excellent and he did a good job at City too.

still doesnt make him highly rated though

im actually agreeing with you here btw, im saying hes not overrated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

I salute SGE ability to bed ladies half his age, but a cold view of his successes in Italy with Lazio suggest his ability to spend Cragnottis money was the main factor in Lazios success. His deficiencies were further amplified at England & Man City. I don't think he'd be any great improvement on MON but if Lerner really wanted to spunk his cash as quick as possible then Svens the man to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Sven got the England job, MON was interviewed and didn't get it imo that makes Sven more highly rated in England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

On a completely different topic, got my tickets to Fiorentina game. Who else is headed over?

10th row behind the bench for £20. Way better than the usual £19 for back row of Upper North.

Villain wrote: »
    Sven got the England job, MON was interviewed and didn't get it imo that makes Sven more highly rated in England

hardly

• Advertisement

On a completely different topic, got my tickets to Fiorentina game. Who else is headed over?

10th row behind the bench for £20. Way better than the usual £19 for back row of Upper North.

not arsed for a friendly with a league game the following week tbh

In world football I think its fair to say that SGE is more highly rated than our very own MON. Im not saying one is better than the other.

In world football I think its fair to say that SGE is more highly rated than our very own MON. Im not saying one is better than the other.

tbh i think that outside the uk and ireland people can probably see mon without his media buddies' hype

tbh i think that outside the uk and ireland people can probably see mon without his media buddies' hype
    You mean see him as a little better than average manager who's never managed a top club, never won a top prize as manager apart from league cup and SPL title??

You mean see him as a little better than average manager who's never managed a top club, never won a top prize as manager apart from league cup and SPL title??
    I think his teams performance in the Champions League would have made him known to a lot of European soccer supporters.

Oh and FYI he is managing a TOP club at the moment

Ah yes, the argument once again rages....

*backs away slowly... :D

• Advertisement

I think his teams performance in the Champions League would have made him known to a lot of European soccer supporters.

Oh and FYI he is managing a TOP club at the moment
    I wont go there...

I wont go there...
    Fair enough

If I had the slightest bit of time for you and your attitude problem I would be hoping that Villa got relegated this season for your sake.
    Name the 'media 'buddies please? Maybe these people just like honest , straight talking football managers with an opinion that they are willing to share.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Sky Sports transfer dealy:

10.15 Phil Brown admits that three Premier League sides are chasing Michael Turner with the Hull City boss adding that he could sell for the right price.

anyone think we could be one of the 3 sides? He was kinda like Hull (and Villa to some extent) last season brilliant in the first half of the year not so great in the 2nd half so its hard to judge him really but atleast we know hes capable of his early season performances.

Also just saw Portsmouths manager Hart saying that hed like to keep Distin while admitting Crouch is off despite the new owner.

I think his teams performance in the Champions League

celtic did **** all in the champions league under o'neill :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Lineup for the match tonight

Friedel, Cuellar, Knight, Davies, Shorey, Osbourne, Reo-Coker, Sidwell, Albrighton, Harewood, Bannan. Subs: Parish, Lichaj, Lowry, Roome, McGurk, Hofbauer, Herd, Clark, Weimann, Collins.

Tomthepost wrote: »
    If I had the slightest bit of time for you and your attitude problem I would be hoping that Villa got relegated this season for your sake.
    Name the 'media 'buddies please? Maybe these people just like honest , straight talking football managers with an opinion that they are willing to share.

how do i have an attitude problem exactly? coz i think our manager isnt good enough?

the media buddies are the ones who never write anything negative about mon, no matter whats happening. theyre his friends from his time doing punditry for the bbc. theyre the ones who despite a sickeningly bad run in each season which he struggled to get out of due to an inability to change things around, said absolutely nothing. theyre the ones who conveniently ignore anything negative about them despite the fact that if it were any other manager theyd be hanging them by the balls.

o'neill is a media darling, if they cant say something wonderful about him they dont say anything at all. no other manager in the league is afforded the complete get out of jail free card he is

matrim wrote: »
    Lineup for the match tonight

Friedel, Cuellar, Knight, Davies, Shorey, Osbourne, Reo-Coker, Sidwell, Albrighton, Harewood, Bannan. Subs: Parish, Lichaj, Lowry, Roome, McGurk, Hofbauer, Herd, Clark, Weimann, Collins.

im struggling to see the point of playing harewood here. hes on the way out, so play a kid instead surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

not arsed for a friendly with a league game the following week tbh
    iam going aswell prob get ferry over think tickets are at the front of the trinity stand any link for the game tonight

naer even a radio stream that i can find :(

naer even a radio stream that i can find :(

Same here. best I can find is the live text commentary on the official site

i must say though, i stuck on aston fm there a while ago hoping they were covering it. they werent, but im loving the show thats on, proper naff electroey stuff. havent heard a bad track yet

utterly unrelated to football, but worth tuning into

1-0 colchester

i must say though, i stuck on aston fm there a while ago hoping they were covering it. they werent, but im loving the show thats on, proper naff electroey stuff. havent heard a bad track yet

utterly unrelated to football, but worth tuning into

i have to withdraw this comment now

theyre playing possibly the worst song ive ever head. everyone disregard please. no football, and crappy music.

im still kinda hoping for at least a half time update

i have to withdraw this comment now

theyre playing possibly the worst song ive ever head. everyone disregard please. no football, and crappy music.

im still kinda hoping for at least a half time update

I got sick of the crappy music after about 2 minutes. And the GF is watching something on TV so I can't even leave it on SSN to see if they show the goals. I think they might have for the game at the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

im struggling to see the point of playing harewood here. hes on the way out, so play a kid instead surely?

Shop window

how do i have an attitude problem exactly? coz i think our manager isnt good enough?

the media buddies are the ones who never write anything negative about mon, no matter whats happening. theyre his friends from his time doing punditry for the bbc. theyre the ones who despite a sickeningly bad run in each season which he struggled to get out of due to an inability to change things around, said absolutely nothing. theyre the ones who conveniently ignore anything negative about them despite the fact that if it were any other manager theyd be hanging them by the balls.

o'neill is a media darling, if they cant say something wonderful about him they dont say anything at all. no other manager in the league is afforded the complete get out of jail free card he is

I have asked you before and here we go again! Give me a name of a creditable alternative to MON that we can actually get to take the Villa job. The only name you put forward before was Mark Hughes which had me falling around laughing.
    I also asked you to name his media buddies? Is the BBC the only media that exists in your mind?
    For once we got a manager whose role is not under threat despite the best efforts and you and your mates on UK blogging sites.
    This is a positive thing for Villa in every way possible.

wynters wrote: »
    Shop window

judging from what i heard about him on saturday, i think its possible itll do more harm than good. we wont get much for him, and tbh i think wed get the same amount whether hes playing or not. tho im sure he'll be off for weimann in the second half

I have asked you before and here we go again! Give me a name of a creditable alternative to MON that we can actually get to take the Villa job. The only name you put forward before was Mark Hughes which had me falling around laughing.
    I also asked you to name his media buddies? Is the BBC the only media that exists in your mind?
    For once we got a manager whose role is not under threat despite the best efforts and you and your mates on UK blogging sites.
    This is a positive thing for Villa in every way possible.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?do=finduser&u=8861

knock yourself out

im not repeating things over and over and over again for the benefit of you, find them yourself and stop asking the same questions time and time again in the thread

1-0 colchester

Well good for you!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?do=finduser&u=8861

knock yourself out

im not repeating things over and over and over again for the benefit of you, find them yourself and stop asking the same questions time and time again in the thread

What a pathetic reply!

What a pathetic reply!

the lads in the thread are sick of it, so im not posting the same stuff over and over again for your benefit just because you happened to pop into the thread today. quite simply go through that link yourself, or stfu about it

Well good for you!

yeah nothing i love more than seeing villa lose friendlies :confused:

the lads in the thread are sick of it, so im not posting the same stuff over and over again for your benefit just because you happened to pop into the thread today. quite simply go through that link yourself, or stfu about it

Oh Im so sorry for being a Villa fan that doesn't get a chance to spend 24 hours a day online posting comments.
    You are making a fool of yourself here man:D
    Just admit you have no name on the manager front and none on the 'media buddies' comment either!

• Advertisement

Oh Im so sorry for being a Villa fan that doesn't get a chance to spend 24 hours a day online posting comments.
    You are making a fool of yourself here man:D
    Just admit you have no name on the manager front and none on the 'media buddies' comment either!

jesus ****ing christ

take it to ****ing pm if youre that concerned about it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement