Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

JPA wrote: »
    Jaysus lads.
    The match is on at half 9. Half 10 spain time.
    Spain are 1 hour ahead. It's not hard. :D

ive been saying 9.30 out time all along, ive just been cofusing myself as to why lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Helix wrote: »
    ive been saying 9.30 out time all along, ive just been cofusing myself as to why lol

:cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

http://www.justin.tv/badtvnet/popout

if anyone can find one with english commentary that would be nice but this is smooth and decent quality

edit: now that they have zoomed out i take that back and will look for a better one

this one is abit better http://www.justin.tv/gotera7/popout

Friedel, Lichaj, Cuellar, Davies, Shorey, Reo-Coker, Sidwell, Petrov (c), Young, Heskey, Carew. Subs: Bannan, Albrighton, Harewood, Lowry, Clark, Guzan, Parish, Herd, Osbourne.

looks like stan is gonna be the new skipper at this stage anyway

Heskey lasted a full 5mins! and now hes off for Albrighton

http://www.veetle.com/viewChannel.php?cid=49923c8e9dfcc

in english

you need veetle tho

brilliant quality tho

http://www.veetle.com/viewChannel.php?cid=49923c8e9dfcc

in english

you need veetle tho

brilliant quality tho

after a recent re-boot ive no veetle cheers anyway

well that was pretty uneventful

heres hoping for some better play in the second half

well that was pretty uneventful

heres hoping for some better play in the second half

yep not really much to comment on in that 1st half can only hope for better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Lichaj the American Right Back has done well, Young was very quiet. Albrington looks good (has a bit of a temper).

Come on lads.

• Advertisement

1 - 0 down. :mad:

Bit of a mess by Brad.

losing with 10 mins left now 1-0 malaga ugh this hasnt been a pretty match

Couple of little flicks from Osbourne, he certainly looks a different player from last year.

albrighton really does look a player doesnt he

same old same old from the team as a whole though; zero end product, zero inventiveness

All over - good performances from some of the younger players. Cuellar and Davies played well. Young & Carew disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Malaga good for the win, poor stuff from Villa even for a pre season friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Overall we probably played better than Malaga but we had absolutely no end product. The only 2 shots I can remember us having were both from Osborne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

****e so Malaga will go through to semi's I was hoping to see villa againnext Friday. Ah well Wednesday match will be good to see I'll post up after if I have access.

theyre not guaranteed a semi place

if atlante beat them 2-0, and we beat atlante 3-0 we go though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I know but chances are very slim they were only mid table in the Columbia league were they not?

north american champions league winners (theyre mexican)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

What a crappy weekend it was to be a villa fan, we lost another player, lost the friendly and look no more likely to sign a player.

Esse85 wrote: »
    What a crappy weekend it was to be a villa fan, we lost another player, lost the friendly and look no more likely to sign a player.

3 in next week according to mysteryman on vt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Hopefully that's true and we get some good singings next week.

Forgive me if I dont get a hard on from reading that but it feels like we've heard it all before. If 3 new faces do come in does anyone really have faith that the right players will even be brought in??

Id rather not see Jenas and Distin brought in, Distin is a better version of Knight but we really need to focus on improving the team first then the squad.

• Advertisement

Esse85 wrote: »
    Forgive me if I dont get a hard on from reading that but it feels like we've heard it all before. If 3 new faces do come in does anyone really have faith that the right players will even be brought in??

Id rather not see Jenas and Distin brought in, Distin is a better version of Knight but we really need to focus on improving the team first then the squad.

i see where youre coming from alright, no question about it

but im gonna wait til the end of next week to see what happens

tbh we've had 4 players go so far, and one who cant play til christmas coming in. that means that if we sign 3 next week, we'll have the same size squad as last year... meaning we'll still need another 4 or 5

which is a joke

from reading through that VT thread including the Mysteryman bits he is suggesting 3 players in soon and they will be as far as i can work it out:

1) Distin

2) a foreign RB who is a bit of an unknown to be Luke Youngs backup

3) a relativley expensive english (i think it was only 1 forign player out of the 3 but maybe this is one two) CM who is not Delph or Jenas and who we have not been regularily linked with... so i dunno maybe Noble or Cattermole but that depends on your interpretation of expensive.

despite saying that Delph is not part of these three MM has said that that deal isnt dead.

i know its just ITK gossip but still better than the usual nothing we have to talk about

btw when it comes to squad size etc im not considering Taylor a major loss nor would I harewood etc its more to do with Quality and not Quantity as the old saying goes cos those players for example barely got onto the pitch last year so even if we start the season with a squad of similar size i wont mind once the quality is much better and the players we replace the Harewood, Knight etc are actually players that will make some sort of impact on the squad.

dont think hes given the nationality of either the midfielder or the defender, and he hasnt said that it was a right back either so far as i know

one thing to remember is that i asked were the 2 players uk based, not were they all english. its possible the non uk based player could be something as unexciting as steve finnan on a free

dont think hes given the nationality of either the midfielder or the defender, and he hasnt said that it was a right back either so far as i know

one thing to remember is that i asked were the 2 players uk based, not were they all english. its possible the non uk based player could be something as unexciting as steve finnan on a free
    Id take Finnan as backup no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

You could do worse than a cheeky bid for City's Michael Johnson (so could we :D)

• Advertisement

You could do worse than a cheeky bid for City's Michael Johnson (so could we :D)
    I hear he's fond of the drink.

have you seen him lately?

hes put on about 4 stone and looks a complete mess

no thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Wes Schneijder? Wasn't he on MM's original list?

yeh he was on the list form feb, but it was also noted that we wouldnt pursue without champs league football as there was no interest in joining us otherwise

we should be after huntelaar though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

O'Neill doesn't sign players like that, he has social worker syndrome.

yeh he was on the list form feb, but it was also noted that we wouldnt pursue without champs league football as there was no interest in joining us otherwise

we should be after huntelaar though

Reports are now saying Arsenal have bid around £15m for him. He's always been what I felt they need - a non nonsense finisher. Would absolutely love him to come to VP but not likely (putting it mildly)l

one of the 3 we were meant to be signing this week just joined psv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

one of the 3 we were meant to be signing this week just joined psv

Do you know who it was?

yeah

the litex lovex right back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

yeah
    Did you ask MM who the other two were, assuming that one is Distin and the other?

• Advertisement

the other is english, and an expensive midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

the other is english, and an expensive midfielder

Gerrard :confused:

Gerrard :confused:

That would be the logical conclusion.

But I don't think he specifically said it was an English midfielder.
    There's a lot of confusion.

Domain Delight

Villa are pleased to announce that its official site will be receiving domain independence this afternoon.

Instead of www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk, Villa's OS will simply become www.avfc.co.uk.

This work is scheduled for today from 2pm and should take between two and three hours to complete. It will also take a little longer for the URLs to flush through the worldwide web.

We are not expecting any issues - we have put measures in place to cover redirects from the old links - but there may be some interruptions during this period.

The benefit to Villa and its fans is that this change allows us flexibility with vendors going forward. It also enables full optimisation with all the major search engines and allows us to wrap our key vendors and sites under the www.avfc.co.uk master domain.

Importantly, it gives us full control of the AVFC brand.

We should see a much better website in the near future I hope. :)

Owen Hargreaves. Has to be. :P

yeah

Stanislav Manolev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Actions speak louder then word MON!
    Martin O'Neill has called for calm as he steps up his search for new players ahead of the forthcoming season.

MON is very hopeful of doing business after insisting Villa are working on a number of deals.

He said: "We are obviously going to improve the team. If we are going to try and improve this season then we need some players in. I will be expecting that to happen.

"I am hopeful we will have players coming into the football club. We are some numbers down but we are looking to put that right.

"I'm not in the habit of letting people go if I didn't think we could do something.

"I would not be getting overly concerned at the moment. We have a number of things we are working on and I'm hoping they will bear fruit in the not-too-distant future."

Same old drivel every window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Why even bother with these stupid samey interviews every summer?

• Advertisement

DSB wrote: »
    Why even bother with these stupid samey interviews every summer?

coz he gets himself into the stupid samey situations every summer lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement