Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

JPA wrote: »
    i-lold3.jpg

Them I was like different sport woooooooooooo. Then I was like wooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Thats all well and good, but a good hefty shoulder would be curtains for those boys.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Yeah they'd get pushed around but Defoe & Young would still run rings round the bogballers, dunno bout Pav.

LOL at the ITKs

Why are we still trying to sign Real Madrid Players? Any explanations?

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Thats all well and good, but a good hefty shoulder would be curtains for those boys.:pac:

Just what I was thinking. they're making it look easy, but try throwing in a few 15 stone feckers to make it interesting.

Doodee wrote: »
    Any ideas on who the plan A is?

No.

orourkeda wrote: »

Well if we actually are, then why not?

Well if we actually are, then why not?

Will they sign for us. No.

Was Gabriel Heinze suggested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Was Gabriel Heinze suggested?

Where are you getting this bizarre notion that Real players wouldnt sign? There have been plenty that have gone to lesser clubs.

• Advertisement

I have to state every time that it could all be BS but if there was any truth in the stories then I'm sure we'd be told straight out whether a player would have any interest in joining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

The other thing about that is that they are using "soccer" balls instead of Gaelic footballs which are alot heavier

DSB wrote: »
    If we get in 5 good first team players, better than the 1s we signed last year, I'll be happy. Lets hope its not just empty words from MON.

Five will do. Nice.

DSB wrote: »
    Where are you getting this bizarre notion that Real players wouldnt sign? There have been plenty that have gone to lesser clubs.

Lets take it from the top here. Real Madrid are one of the worlds greatest football clubs. Of that there can be no question.

Someone will no doubt. (Dont its pointless)

We are Aston Villa Fans. Aston Villa are not Real Madrid. Therefore, we can assume that Aston Villa are not Real Madrid. We can assume that they are not of the same stature as Real Madrid. Hence. we can assume that players who play for Real Madrid will play for clubs of a superior quality to Aston Villa when they leave Real Madrid. (Generally)

I state forthwith that Real Madrid players will secure deals with clubs playing at a higher standard than Aston Villa when they leave (generally)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Looks good to me

Friedel

Young Cuellar Davies

Milner Petrov NRC Sneijder Robben

Van Nist. Young

Can't fail.

Sneijder Robben Van Nistlerooy

3 Real Madrid Players

Cloud Cuckoo world

It can fail (because its not happening)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Lets take it from the top here. Real Madrid are one of the worlds greatest football clubs. Of that there can be no question.

Someone will no doubt. (Dont its pointless)

We are Aston Villa Fans. Aston Villa are not Real Madrid. Therefore, we can assume that Aston Villa are not Real Madrid. We can assume that they are not of the same stature as Real Madrid. Hence. we can assume that players who play for Real Madrid will play for clubs of a superior quality to Aston Villa when they leave Real Madrid. (Generally)

I state forthwith that Real Madrid players will secure deals with clubs playing at a higher standard than Aston Villa when they leave (generally)

No one is suggesting Kaka or Ronaldo. They're suggesting the weaker Madrid players who no longer get their game with Real and would be looking for first team football.

And even if we don't get them we should try. We have to show ambition. If we don't try we definately won't get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

No one is suggesting Kaka or Ronaldo. They're suggesting the weaker Madrid players who no longer get their game with Real and would be looking for first team football.

And even if we don't get them we should try. We have to show ambition. If we don't try we definately won't get them.

You don't know that we havn't aren't or won't try to sign these players as MON conducts his business privately. This is the best way to go because it is not good pr to have it known that certain players have rejected the chance to play for villa. I reckon we were in for Heinze for instance but do we want other potential targets to be aware that he turned us down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Cause ManC took all the good Premiership players?

So you don't think we could get Drenthe or De la Red?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

So you don't think we could get Drenthe or De la Red?

Ruben De La Red may be forced to retire with a heart condition due to him collapsing during a game last year, he's expected to miss the entire 2009 - 2010 season at least.

More info on Wiki -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rub%C3%A9n_de_la_Red

Would be surprised if even MON thought this was a good signing :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

V1llianous wrote: »

Can he play RB?

V1llianous wrote: »
    Ruben De La Red may be forced to retire with a heart condition due to him collapsing during a game last year, he's expected to miss the entire 2009 - 2010 season at least.

More info on Wiki -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rub%C3%A9n_de_la_Red

I did not know that. Poor guy :/

Everyone's ambitious. Its easy. The problem is trying to make these things happen is a lot easier said than done. Believe me I would love to see a striker of Ruud Van Nistlerooy's quality signed. I just think its above us at the moment. In fact its above most clubs except for the very very top clubs.

Everyone's ambitious. Its easy. The problem is trying to make these things happen is a lot easier said than done. Believe me I would love to see a striker of Ruud Van Nistlerooy's quality signed. I just think its above us at the moment. In fact its above most clubs except for the very very top clubs.

And yet when people are writing off MON for not being active in the market your telling them to be patient.

I do not see why there should be such an issue in us signing players of that caliber. Who is to say that they are wanted at the very top clubs, their current top club clearly doesn't want to keep them any more.

I hope you are very surprised. There's only so many "very very top clubs" and most of them are fairly stocked with good players.

And yet when people are writing off MON for not being active in the market your telling them to be patient.

I do not see why there should be such an issue in us signing players of that caliber. Who is to say that they are wanted at the very top clubs, their current top club clearly doesn't want to keep them any more.

Everybody wants 11 Diego Maradonas. Thats obvious. The fact remains that there is a certain level of player that Aston Villa and all other clubs in their position will simply not be able to attract. No matter how much we as fans would like to see these players come in. Unfortunately all is not equal in the world of professional football

Everybody wants 11 Diego Maradonas. Thats obvious. The fact remains that there is a certain level of player that Aston Villa and all other clubs in their position will simply not be able to attract. No matter how much we as fans would like to see these players come in. Unfortunately all is not equal in the world of professional football

You're the one being unrealistic though. Villa are one of the biggest clubs in England, in arguably the best league in the world, you think we can't attract an unwanted player from Real Madrid?

You're the one being unrealistic though. Villa are one of the biggest clubs in England, in arguably the best league in the world, you think we can't attract an unwanted player from Real Madrid?

I wouldnt says its an impossibility. I just think if we were to sign a Real Madrid player it would only be because they were not considered good enough by them.

The worry is we'd only end up going down the Johnny Woodgate and Michael Owen route.

I wouldnt says its an impossibility. I just think if we were to sign a Real Madrid player it would only be because they were not considered good enough by them.

The worry is we'd only end up going down the Johnny Woodgate and Michael Owen route.

Yes, Like Beckham, Geremi, Sneijder or Huntelaar. All ex (or soon to be) Real Madrid players and all thought of as not good enough... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yes, Like Beckham, Geremi, Sneijder or Huntelaar. All ex (or soon to be) Real Madrid players and all thought of as not good enough... :rolleyes:

How many of these players do you honestly expect to sign for Aston Villa.

2 excellent players. :confused:
    Madrid are having a clear out of several fantastic players.

40\1 - Aston Villa to be David Beckham's Next club. An accurate assessment of the chances of him signing for Aston Villa. Theres a better chance of Alex Ferguson taking him back.

2 excellent players. :confused:
    Madrid are having a clear out of several fantastic players.

A touch injury prone perhaps.

Johnny Woodgate was voted Real Madrids worst signing of the 21st Century so far.

A damning indictment I think you'll agree

Johnny Woodgate was voted Real Madrids worst signing of the 21st Century so far.

A damning indictment I think you'll agree

You're going so far off topic. Who the hell thinks Beckham will be coming to villa?
    We're talking about current Real players. How about Drenthe? Is that an unrealistic signing?

• Advertisement

You're going so far off topic. Who the hell thinks Beckham will be coming to villa?
    We're talking about current Real players. How about Drenthe? Is that an unrealistic signing?

I think you'll find I've made this point already. I dont think for one second that David Beckham will sign for Aston Villa.

I also think you'll find that it wasnt me who brought David Beckham into the conversation (Doodee did).

Royston Drenthe would appear a good signing on the face of it. Again, how probable do you rate this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I think you'll find I've made this point already. I dont think for one second that David Beckham will sign for Aston Villa.

I also think you'll find that it wasnt me who brought David Beckham into the conversation (Doodee did).

Royston Drenthe would appear a good signing on the face of it. Again, how probable do you rate this

I never said he would sign for Villa. I was merely making examples of Ex Madrid players, clearly not good enough for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

anybody heading to murrays for the game

villains77 wrote: »
    anybody heading to murrays for the game

Yeah. See you in there so.

• Advertisement

heres hoping for a good game tongith villa to sneak it 1 nil i hope lol

heres hoping for a good game tongith villa to sneak it 1 nil i hope lol

I hope we batter them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Heading for a pint elsewhere at 5, will try and make it to Murrays if things don't last long though.

be good to see a 2 nil win lol wishfull thinking on my part but a good display and a few goals be grand setting us up nicely for sunday waht time sunday would that be on at as i dont finish till 8 was meant to be off and swapped with a pal so he can go to fat boy slim in marly park that night so he swapping me for tmrrw suits me fine if its an evening ko

be good to see a 2 nil win lol wishfull thinking on my part but a good display and a few goals be grand setting us up nicely for sunday waht time sunday would that be on at as i dont finish till 8 was meant to be off and swapped with a pal so he can go to fat boy slim in marly park that night so he swapping me for tmrrw suits me fine if its an evening ko

The final is 21.30 on Sunday

so 8.30 over here so see u in there so

We're already Guaranteed €500k prize money. €1,000,000 for the losing Finalists and €2,000,000 for the winners. Sweet

so 8.30 over here so see u in there so

No 9.30 over Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

No 9.30 over Here

Jack Charlton and Carlsberg spring to mind.:D

Tomthepost wrote: »
    Jack Charlton and Carlsberg spring to mind.:D

Indeed