Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Savman wrote: »

Huh? Bids for Milner and Doyle?

Well not official but it's been speculated. Why so surprised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Also, anybody care to speculate on why the f*** Ashley Young was left out of the England squad? Conspiracy theories abound.

that makes no sense...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Also, anybody care to speculate on why the f*** Ashley Young was left out of the England squad? Conspiracy theories abound.

Hopefully will spur him into giving Fabio something to watch tomorrow.

Anyone going to Murray's for it? I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

JPA wrote: »
    Well not official but it's been speculated. Why so surprised?
    Cos it was just thrown so nonchalantly into a well written article, kinda threw me off a bit.
    that makes no sense...
    I doubt Villa asked for Young to be excluded, so this decision by Capello is absolutely baffling :eek:

Antithetic wrote: »
    Hopefully will spur him into giving Fabio something to watch tomorrow.
    What more does the guy have to do ffs? Pulled the strings on Thursday and let's not forget his match winner against Odense to put us thru. Bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Beckham shouldn't be anywhere near that squad.

DSB wrote: »
    Beckham shouldn't be anywhere near that squad.
    Him and half a dozen others.

What more does the guy have to do ffs? Pulled the strings on Thursday and let's not forget his match winner against Odense to put us thru. Bizarre.

Not doubting it's bizarre, just considering the consequences rather than the cause.

Looking at that squad Capello seems clueless.

It's very strange. Will being in the England squad make him play better or will not being in it make him play better?
    Less games: good but playing for England would also boost his confidence you would think. Bit of a catch 22.

• Advertisement

Don't see how Barry makes the squad considering he's barely kicked a ball since May.

No idea what Fabio's at, few ppl suggesting he's not a fan of 'wingers' in the true sense but surely Young warrants an inclusion on merit alone. Shocking.

JPA wrote: »
    It's very strange. Will being in the England squad make him play better or will not being in it make him play better?
    Less games: good but playing for England would also boost his confidence you would think. Bit of a catch 22.
    Listen, as a Villa fan it's great news. As a football fan it's inexcusable. Especially considering some of the other names on that sheet.

Don't see how Barry makes the squad considering he's barely kicked a ball since May.

No idea what Fabio's at, few ppl suggesting he's not a fan of 'wingers' in the true sense but surely Young warrants an inclusion on merit alone. Shocking.

Can't see what Walcott or Heskey are doing in that squad either to be honest. Surely Agbonlahor and Crouch have done more to warrant inclusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Helix wrote: »
    anyone going to the match tomorrow?

well, im not

i somehow managed to leave my phone downstairs last night so didnt hear the alarm

gutted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Jesus, that sucks. Too costly for last minute flights, or are you too far from the airport? Either way, that sucks man :(

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

That's a stinker Helix.

Anyone know of any pubs showing today's game? Or is sopcast the only option...?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

Seems to be a few heading down to Murrays (formerly Fraziers) for it according to IrishVillains site.

'Sure I might wander in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Perhaps capello knows how good Young is and wants tonlook at other players, it's only a friendly

well, im not

i somehow managed to leave my phone downstairs last night so didnt hear the alarm

gutted

Sorry to hear that :(. Wander down to Murray's and I'll buy you a consolation pint if you introduce yourself.

I'll be handsome one :pac:
    wynters wrote: »
    Seems to be a few heading down to Murrays (formerly Fraziers) for it accordingly to IrishVillains site.

'Sure I might wander in...

My Man City-supporting brother is home from the States today. What are the odds of me getting him to drop along as well? :)

• Advertisement

well, im not

gutted
    Yeesh :eek:

Those early morning flights are a bitch, I'd much prefer going for an overnight stay or booking flights at reasonable times and not being a total wreck for the game. It's worth paying extra for IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Hi men,
    Is there a pub in Dublin where Villa fans meet for games that are on the box? I'm thinking particularly of the Liverpool game in a fortnight, I can't face watching it with my Liverpool mates, as I am sick of listening to sh!te.
    Good to see there's a few Villa fans out there, thought for a long time I was the only one.
    Cheers,
    Paul

VILLA: Friedel, Young, Shorey, Laursen, Davies, Reo-Coker, Barry, Petrov, Young, Carew, Agbonlahor. Subs: Taylor, Gardner, Knight, Salifou, Harewood, Routledge, Osbourne.

So Petrov on the right emmmm don't like him out there be nice to see Routledge get a run. Good to see Carew fit again though.

Reports in the paper say Villa bid for Milner but Newcastle want £10 million sterling, hard to know what will happen, we obviously need a right winger and MON has said more players are to come so you assume it will be a right sided player, still weak in numbers up front, Harewood won't offer much against top teams, another 20 million on a winger and a striker and we could cement a top 6 place

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

nah Petrov in the holding role he excelled in, in the last few games of last season IMO. 3man midfield with Young in a free role again

Thats true Bounty actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Anyone got a link for that Justintv thing for this game? Chelsea games boring me.

No Maloney again. He prolly is off so.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=16500&part=sports

a load of links there but no sign of ant WMP links so dunno if Justintv will have it, which is a pitty its usually good quality.

good to see Carew starting, no Maloney with a 7-man bench is would suggest he isnt in Villa's plans this year though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Found one.

Sh1te quality but it'll have to do.

http://www.justin.tv/fox_2

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DarenO

Sopcast Channel 6029 Star Sports, its a bit stop start but the picture is clear

Come on the villa

Darren

• Advertisement

DarenO wrote: »
    Sopcast Channel 6029 Star Sports, its a bit stop start but the picture is clear

Come on the villa

Darren
    Yea can't get it to buffer fully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Workin fine for me once the match started...

same here working fine, downloaded sopcast for it used that justintv thing for the FH game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Epic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

We're going top !!! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

What a 7 minutes for Gabby! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Super.

Absolutely fantastic from Agbolahor

V1llianous wrote: »
    We're going top !!! :D:D:D:D

we need another one

the bleedin' state of Stephen Ireland...looks like a hare krisna :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Very happy with Luke Young today. Leaving the penalty incident aside, nothing got down the right hand side. Shorey on the other hand looked shakey.

Sky showing goals again after break.

After watching the Utd game, I think MON should give Newcastle the 10m for Milner, great player, works really hard him on one wing and Young on the other and we would be sailing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Duff should be 17 million then...oh wait he was.

In all seriousness though, yeah Milner is good, he's not elegant on the ball or anything, he's sort of a 'scrappy winger', but his crossing is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Well done to Villa today and in particular Agbonlahor, very very early days but I'm happy with my each way bet for him to be top scorer at 80/1.:)

he got 12 last season, hes got 4 so far this season

if he doesnt beat 12 ill worry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

Helix, just back in and see you missed the flight! That sucks. For you and all others.....

I got the AerLingus 1pm flight from Dublin. Flight was 30mins late leaving. Got taxi straight from airport (£35) and was in seat about 10 seconds before ko

Great atmosphere, and some very noteable performances.

excellent! that sounds bloody good

gonna get that flight for the second half of the season

how long did it take to villa park from the airport? 30 mins or so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭coghlac3

Bout 20 mins in Taxi, then 5 minute walk. Try and co-ordinate with others going over as taxi fair is steep at thirty five GBP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

DarenO wrote: »

Would it really kill Gabby to smile? He looks like he's been on the losing side.

I cant wait to watch the goals on MOTD @10.30

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement