Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Good time to be a Villa fan eh.
    I was afraid of Zaki beforehand, was he even playing? :D
    Laursen was so in control he had time to run the length of the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Terrific result today.

Fair play to Gabby, he was superb, Laursen was immense and Friedal made a brilliant save from Bramble.

Great to see Sidwell make his league debut and get off the mark too.

All is forgiven big John:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

friedel was immense today, thats 2 clean sheets in the league in a row now. long may it continue

i like the look of cuellar, hes gonna be brilliant for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Great win today, I really thought we'd struggle today after a tough game Thursday night but thats a great win, we are looking stronger and if we can keep it going until January and then buy another striker we should be able to cement 5th. Man City are looking good but we saw how they can have off days like against Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

"Get your t*ts out for Carew"

Great chant :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/internationals/ohalloran-strikes-back-1511427.html

good for SOH to be back....i doubt he'll make it at villa but maby MON gives him a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Good news for the fella, but he won't get a sniff at Villa for a while yet tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Any links to the game??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

no luck on justintv will keep you posted if i find anything

• Advertisement

I cant download that player!

http://live.spvod.com/spsoft.jsp

download the english version

Never mind, i got it working! Thanks :) Great quality

Cant get on with that link and **** it we are 1-0 down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

It only works in internet explorer, so that could be why....

I wonder why Carew is only on the bench.

1-1! Luke young :D

My net connection is so slow... this is buffering the whole time almost, im stuck on 40 mins 13 seconds.....

2-1 but playing crap. Carew not start is worst then no Andy Reid and Lee Carlsey with Ireland.
    Well done Gaz Baz all now it very definitely forgiven

shoutman wrote: »
    I wonder why Carew is only on the bench.

coz hes being punished

• Advertisement

MON came out earlier today saying that its water under the bridge etc etc. I presumed that meant that punishment was finished.

nah, mons a stubborn so and so. when carew starts youll know its all done with

3-2 Victory tonight, happy with the three points but by all accounts we played pretty poorly.

Who cares, great feckin result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Savman wrote: »
    Who cares, great feckin result.
    Exactly, these are the games we need to win to challenge for europe

3 wins in a row in 3 tough games, we really are grinding results out long may it continue.

Up the Villa

Good side is one that wins when playing badly....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Another victory and 3 more points on the board, can't ask for much more then that. In fairness though we did look shaky at the back today (thankfully Santa Cruz wasn't playing) but we are finally getting results where as a few seasons ago games like tonights could easily have been a draw.

I've been very impressed so far this season and long may it continue!

UP THE VILLA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Have we ANY competition for fifth?

Sorry Hull.

• Advertisement

A few niggly things aside, it's been really hard to criticize this season's efforts so far. Our strikers are scoring (pun intended!), we have real strength in depth, and we're sitting in a good position in Europe. Long may it continue.

It's a sign o' the times when the fans are thinking up Petrov chants :eek:
    Who'da thunkit?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

JPA wrote: »
    Have we ANY competition for fifth?

Sorry Hull.

Man City could throw a few quid at it in January and have a good second half of the season. Would like to see us put a bit of distance between them before that window. Everton could go on a run. Can't see Portsmouth or Spurs being involved...

Arsenal are dodgy this year and Liverpool will fall back. 4th isn't entirely beyond the realms of possibility! :D

Good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Any win is a good win in my book. Can't be expected toplay well every game, just glad we won. Hope Petrov's injury isn't too serious. Gabby seems to be getting a bit more consistant. And glad Milner is getting a bit of time on the pitch.

I think 5th is still the most realistic for us. Don't we'll be close to Liverpool this season. We might give Arsenal a run for a while, but I think they'll pull away. We're a bit clear of Citeh and Pompey aleady. I think City will be strong in the second half and they will probably be the biggest threat to 5th. Everton don't seem to be great at the minute, Spurs a probably too far back. Pompey may do it under Adams, but reamains to be seen.

Bring on the Toon!

I have to say Gabby finished his goal very well last night, he is playing very well at the moment.

hes not tho

that really does my head in when people say "oh gabbys playing great" coz hes got a few goals. he was brilliant in the second half on sunday, but he was pretty useless again last night aside from a well taken goal. hes the single most frustrating player ive ever seen

He's a striker his job is to finish chances when he gets them, he's doing that at the moment, the whole team played poorly but if Gabby hadn't taken his chance we would have got 1 point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

I have to say we're doing very well all considered- playing badly and getting results is great news, its going to be very interesting to see how MON will spend in Jan, I think its the same oul attacking Midfielder and a very good striker, he seems to have the team very well balanced and Id say he'd be very wary of unsettling the group. Looks like Cuellor has cemented the CB position ahead of Davies, looks like he could be a great signing

if gabby hadnt taken his chance blackburn wouldnt have kicked off in the 88th minute and the passage of play that led to their second goal wouldnt have happened

spiderdan wrote: »
    I have to say we're doing very well all considered- playing badly and getting results is great news, its going to be very interesting to see how MON will spend in Jan, I think its the same oul attacking Midfielder and a very good striker, he seems to have the team very well balanced and Id say he'd be very wary of unsettling the group. Looks like Cuellor has cemented the CB position ahead of Davies, looks like he could be a great signing

cuellar is gonna be brilliant

he'll go down in folklore like mellberg did

Helix wrote: »
    if gabby hadnt taken his chance blackburn wouldnt have kicked off in the 88th minute and the passage of play that led to their second goal wouldnt have happened

and if Santa Cruz hadn't got injured in the warm-up .....

The fact is Gabby is taking his chances as long as he keeps scoring I'll be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jesus, you don't like the chap much do you? :p

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Jesus, you don't like the chap much do you? :p

no i do, i think hes potetntially a great player

fact is hes been complete rubbish this season aside from about 90 minutes in total where hes performed

with agbonlahor the way he is at the minute, we carry a passanger for 90 minutes. the only thing hes added in the last while is the odd goal, thats all well and good but imagine we had a player who bothered his hole AND got the odd goal. wowee, wouldnt that be something amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

no i do, i think hes potetntially a great player

fact is hes been complete rubbish this season aside from about 90 minutes in total where hes performed

with agbonlahor the way he is at the minute, we carry a passanger for 90 minutes. the only thing hes added in the last while is the odd goal, thats all well and good but imagine we had a player who bothered his hole AND got the odd goal. wowee, wouldnt that be something amazing

So our top scoring striker, who has scored 6 PL goals in 10 games, has been complete rubbish this season :confused:

Get a clue mate, would you rather Robbie Keane who cost £20m more, is playing rubbish and not scoring? Agbonlahor is providing more than could be expected from him this season, for Villa and England U21s. If he gets ~15 goals out of all 38 games (which he looks like doing easily) what more do you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

rgiller wrote: »
    So our top scoring striker, who has scored 6 PL goals in 10 games, has been complete rubbish this season :confused:

Get a clue mate, would you rather Robbie Keane who cost £20m more, is playing rubbish and not scoring? Agbonlahor is providing more than could be expected from him this season, for Villa and England U21s. If he gets ~15 goals out of all 38 games (which he looks like doing easily) what more do you want?

i know Carew was a bold boy last week, but with Milner and Young on either wing, I don't get why he isnt in ahead of agbonlahor - just my opinion.

great start to the season, having played Chelsea and Lpool already, the fixtures show a ( relatively ) easy next few games, and then Arsenal ( A ) and Man U ( H ) in succession. Three points from those two games would be a huge bonus.

yeah, hes been complete rubbish. have you actually watched any of our games? he wanders around uninterested for the majority of the game, runs into opposition players and loses possession when he has the ball, his passing is dreadful. he refuses to look up. he runs the same direction and does the same thing every time he goes on a run. 3 of his goals came in 7 minutes, another he didnt know anything about. then 2 were bloody good finishes. hes performed well TWICE in the league, and once against ajax
    Agbonlahor is providing more than could be expected from him this season, for Villa and England U21s. If he gets ~15 goals out of all 38 games (which he looks like doing easily) what more do you want?

i want a good player who plays well as opposed to a potentially good player whos rubbish 95% of the time. stick another striker in gabbys place this season and theyd likely have as many goals, but they might also have actually helped the team via better quality play

Gabby's pace and runs have caused problems in almost every game, he has raw talent but he is scoring goals, would you rather Harewood started instead of him?

Villain wrote: »
    Gabby's pace and runs have caused problems in almost every game, he has raw talent but he is scoring goals, would you rather Harewood started instead of him?

id rather delfouneso tbh

Fonzy? Ah come on he's only learning the game, you think Fonzy would be scoring more goals than Gabby? I can't see it

i think fonz and carew would cause as many problems as gabby and carew

fonz mightnt necessarily score as many as gabby, but he wouldnt waste as many great chances through lack of a football brain and greediness

Well I'll leave it up to MON.

I see Sir Alex thinks Villa are the only team that could get into the top 4

aye hes right

as it stands were country miles ahead of the rest of the chasing pack, tho we're still country miles behind united and chelsea

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement