Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

shoutman wrote: »
    Mr Alan I have to disagree take Barry's case for example, he openly wanted to go to Liverpool and i'm sure if he had the chance to rip up his contract he would of, but he was under contract.

have i missed something? did Barry sign a new contract?

the most likely thing is that Barry is still gonna leave Villa in the summer for a fraction of the fee on offer this year is it not?

I'm not doubting Villa are a club on the up, but there is only so much "up" they can take, Liverpool seem to have cut the gap on the top 2 this year, and clubs like Chelsea/utd are always gonna hold a lot of appeal.

villa are doing the right thing by getting Young signed up, and are doing well to do that, contracts mean **** all these days though, see thousands of players who have moved over the last 10 years for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Helix and Mr Alan both make a return to form. Maaaan whatta week.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I'm not doubting Villa are a club on the up, but there is only so much "up" they can take

Patronise much?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

good to see this thread active, ever since I couldnt log in to boards (about a week before the transfer window) ive been popping in every so often to see (lurk) what people are yapping about but this thread had quietened down a good bit and was more often than not, not on the first page of the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Welcome back Mr Alan, great to see your hear to discuss Villa's good start to the season....oh wait you just want to talk about how Liverpool are better than Villa and how Barry will leave??

Ah I bought that single during the summer and its lost its appeal so forgive me if I don't want to listen to it again

• Advertisement

good to see this thread active, ever since I couldnt log in to boards (about a week before the transfer window) ive been popping in every so often to see (lurk) what people are yapping about but this thread had quietened down a good bit and was more often than not, not on the first page of the forum.
    When the team is winning and things are going well, things quieten down. I have a theory as to why that is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Savman wrote: »
    When the team is winning and things are going well, things quieten down. I have a theory as to why that is...

Think it's more to do with VillaTalk tbh.

Savman wrote: »

What's your theory? We love misery?

JPA wrote: »
    What's your theory? We love misery?
    Some of us, yes. There's no 'controversy' to be had when the team is high flying hence no bickering as everyone's generally in agreement on most things. It all changes with a bad game when it all flares up again and even the most sensible folk go OTT in your typical knee jerk reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Lolz at Mr Alans reappearing. Its ok guys i recall Mr. Alan hinting darkly during the GB saga that Villa players would think twice about signing new contracts after Villa slapped naughty Pool/FSW and their tapping up ways down. Mr. Alan you were wrong then and wrong now. Again.

• Advertisement

Lolz at Mr Alans reappearing. Its ok guys i recall Mr. Alan hinting darkly during the GB saga that Villa players would think twice about signing new contracts after Villa slapped naughty Pool/FSW and their tapping up ways down. Mr. Alan you were wrong then and wrong now. Again.

you're right, i do seem to have been wrong then.

although no one knows the story with clauses etc in this new contract. but its something that will come to light over the next few years i'm sure. but i agree, for the moment, it looks like i'm wrong.

Lads, i wasnt having a go, simply responding to Neil who seemed to be under the illusion that contracts almost meant the players always saw them out.

as for me "re-appearing", its nothing to do with me thinking Villa were doing badly all of a sudden....why would i think that when they arent?! it was to do with a post Neil made.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    you're right, i do seem to have been wrong then.

although no one knows the story with clauses etc in this new contract. but its something that will come to light over the next few years i'm sure. but i agree, for the moment, it looks like i'm wrong.

Lads, i wasnt having a go, simply responding to Neil who seemed to be under the illusion that contracts almost meant the players always saw them out.

as for me "re-appearing", its nothing to do with me thinking Villa were doing badly all of a sudden....why would i think that when they arent?! it was to do with a post Neil made.

Its OK, you can forgive us our tetchiness. We all love Ashley and certainly are paranoid of the CL 4 trying to snap him up. But we know the score, if a player wants to leave he can leave; but in Ash's case, he seems to be happy at VP at the moment and having MON between him and the exit door always helps. Don't Be scared off from the Villa thread Mr. Alan, our bark is always worse then our bite:Djust dont mention Gareth Barry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Is the Match on TV tonight?

Channel 5 and Setanta Ireland

see http://www.wheresthematch.com/tv/home.asp

Kevin Doyle has signed a new contract at Reading.
    Reading striker Kevin Doyle has signed a new deal which will keep him at the club until the summer of 2011.

The 25-year-old told the club website: "We wanted to act now and then concentrate fully on the season.

"The club and I didn't want any uncertainty in January. We wanted to clear things up now and then just try to get back into the Premiership."

Doyle signed for the Royals from Cork City in 2005. He has scored 11 league goals in 15 games this season.

TBH I thought he was on his way to Villa in January but I guess not.

Every player has his price, seems to me more likely Reading are making sure they will get top dollar for him come January.

Every player has his price, seems to me more likely Reading are making sure they will get top dollar for him come January.

I really don't think so, surely this says he's not leaving in January.
    "The club and I didn't want any uncertainty in January. We wanted to clear things up now and then just try to get back into the Premiership."

Team tonight:

VILLA: Guzan; Cuellar, Knight, Davies, Shorey; Gardner, Salifou, Sidwell, Young; Carew, Agbonlahor. Subs: Friedel, L Young, Laursen, Barry, Delfouneso, Routledge, Reo-Coker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

nice to see guzan get a start.

Jesus that was a game of two halves, we ran them riot in the first half and then just hung on in the second. But considering the weak team we put out it's a great result.

Brad Guzan looks like a real quality keeper and a real bargain

On Kevin Doyle, well I doubt Reading could keep him if a big offer comes along, but I always said he's not the quality of player we need to be signing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

thats us pretty much through now anyway

Indeed, Guzan impressed, Knight had a clean sheet and we're all but through. good nights work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Sali-Salifou played well as did guzan and sidwell. Carew and Gardner were dire.

I actually Sailfou was poor enough, he can tackle for sure but didn't show much else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Sali-Salifou played well as did guzan and sidwell. Carew and Gardner were dire.

A bit harsh on Gardner I think. I thought he was quite effective in the first half. Shorey is starting to show a little bit of form
    Carew is so frustrating. Seems really uninterested at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Tomthepost wrote: »
    A bit harsh on Gardner I think. I thought he was quite effective in the first half. Shorey is starting to show a little bit of form
    Carew is so frustrating. Seems really uninterested at times.

He's dreaming of lap dancers' boobs flopping around in his face. Surprised he scored a goal really with that running through his mind

Carew had a bit of a mare last night alright. Offensive reinforcements needed in Jan as the Young/Agbonlahor/Carew frontline needs competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I just want to know what he was doing standing on the right wing at times when Ash Young was looking for someone to cross the ball to!

If people think Gaby is lazy at times they really should lump Carew into that box cause to me he can be very laxidasical at times.

villa.jpg

• Advertisement

Any idea whats wrong with Luke Young and Carew??

Any idea whats wrong with Luke Young and Carew??

Both injured I think.

Thanks JPA

Any links for the match?

Thanks JPA

Any links for the match?

Not yet, :(

Supposedly theres octoshape or something just waiting for a link to it from Villatalk.

Install octoshape and use this link in Internet explorer http://www.zhibowu.com/Channel/376.htm

buffering and crap but hey...

• Advertisement

Terrible defending. Nothing going forward.

What a horrendous result.
    /cue usual backlash and argy bargy

(Think I'll be avoiding this one however)

Two premiership defeats in a row? Time for MON to get the sack imo....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Typical Villa, no points from 2 games with Newcastle and Boro.

Arsenal and Man u next. The good start could be all undone within two weeks and we could be back in the pack.

Just what was Sidwell thinking? Disgraceful.

No excuses today in our performance though,Villa were crap.

• Advertisement

We had our chances but I felt that was a very disjointed performance.

And putting Cuellar at RB and then LB was ridiculous.

The Uefa cup games starting to take their toll, we missed Carew big time, but I felt MON threw a point away bringing on Harewood for Shorey.

Everton are marching and its hard not to see them ahead of us after the next 2 games, we need Heskey or simalar in January imo.

Heskey would be a good buy for yous imo

Wouldn't want Heskey, we need a bit of guile, a touch of class.

We have that in Young, we need a old fashioned CF to hold the ball up and finish Young's crosses, Carew when he's in the humour is ok at it but he wonders a little too much.

our usual retarded second half substitution and nonsensical switcharound needs to stop

now

Villain wrote: »
    We have that in Young, we need a old fashioned CF to hold the ball up and finish Young's crosses, Carew when he's in the humour is ok at it but he wonders a little too much.

We have the pacey striker and the big target man so we need another option.
    I don't include Young as he is not a forward.

Helix wrote: »
    our usual retarded second half substitution and nonsensical switcharound needs to stop

now

MON out??

mon for a slap on the face with a wet trout

think teams nearly know at this stage that if they can keep it level theyre guaranteed a goal when shorey comes off, reo coker moves to right back, and the defence pushes over by one in order to bring on another mid/attacker

I don't know why he couldn't take off Milner or Sidwell or NRC.
    A player might be playing well but sometimes they have to sacrificed to change formation.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement