Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Villa with 69% possesion WTF! we have entered some sort of bizzaro match zone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Mr Alan wrote: »
    agree, tis a joke, Barmby was going for the ball. nothing wrong imo.

why no match thread for this one btw? being a top4 club surely ye should have one ;)

If Barmby had been up head height with Friedel, making a genuine attempt to play the ball, then I'd agree with you. He wasn't though, he caught Friedel around the hip area and knocked him off balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

An Citeog wrote: »
    If Barmby had been up head height with Friedel, making a genuine attempt to play the ball, then I'd agree with you. He wasn't though, he caught Friedel around the hip area and knocked him off balance.

in fairness, Friedel is a tad taller than Barmby :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

yeh but thats not friedels fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Any streams going lads?

• Advertisement

tried justin.tv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Aye couldn't find anything. :(

Helix wrote: »
    yeh but thats not friedels fault

not barmbys fault either, so is he not allowed jump for it too? friedel didnt have the ball in his hands, its there for Barmby to challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

not barmbys fault either, so is he not allowed jump for it too? friedel didnt have the ball in his hands, its there for Barmby to challenge.

Yeah but he needs to get it cleanly without plowing into the keeper, which he didn't do.

• Advertisement

he hit the keepers hip, same way a minute ago yer man hit his leg

impacts in those places completely throw you off balances, which is why theyre outlawed

thems the rules

i thought there was no special rules for a goalie?

couldnt i say brads hip hit barmbys ribs? or with the second incident that his knee hit the attacker?

Friedel is hitting them in the same way they are hitting him, both people are just trying to get to the ball. pisses me off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Hull want a draw going to be a painful second half

If you were allowed to jump into keepers Hull would be one up and Villa would have scored probably 5 more goals this season sadly thats not the case, but no point complaining anyone that has watched a game of soccer over the last few years will know thats the case.

who ever said that? of course there are, you cant touch a keeper

they shouldnt be the rules, but they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

couldnt i say brads hip hit barmbys ribs? or with the second incident that his knee hit the attacker?

Friedel is hitting them in the same way they are hitting him, both people are just trying to get to the ball. pisses me off

Jesus get over yourself. He put it in with his hand anyway

i dont think they are Helix.....?

i could be wrong though.

i could be wrong though.
    Have you watched much soccer over the last 5 years? or maybe your waiting for it all to change so your favourite club could be 1-0 :D

yea i watch a lot of football......:confused:

its just a pet hate of mine the protections goalies get.

I wouldent usually say this but I think we should bring on the Hare:eek:

Hull are sitting back and trying to just negate our quick attacking play so we need instead to get more options upfront so that we have more outlets for our midfielders and their unusual amount of possesion to avail of. The Hare although not usually good enough to even get off the bench might just cause enough havok with his all energy approach that something might happen. This is the type of match we miss Carew in

• Advertisement

yea i watch a lot of football......:confused:

its just a pet hate of mine the protections goalies get.
    Mine too but I have watched enough soccer to know thats the modern game and I don't go into a pool thread every time the opposition have a goal disallowed for jumping into Reina saying it have been allowed :confused:

We we need to change something Hull want a draw so Harewood might be an option

in fairness i wouldve gone into the match thread if there was one.

if you were allowed to touch the keeper, then there wouldnt be free outs in every single game every single week for doing just that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Supermanscat

Just after seeing how many english men are in the Villa line up. Remarkable number in todays day and age!

this match is a load of cock

we're completely unable to break down teams like this, no creative spark at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭Trampas

Anyone else hear Dion Dublin laughing in the background after the camera left the fat bloke in the hull jersey.

Just after seeing how many english men are in the Villa line up. Remarkable number in todays day and age!

Does it matter? We're Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Since when did big John start sponsoring Hull City?

i dont think ive ever seen gareth barry play as bad as he has tonight

• Advertisement

yesss i love it

ahahahaha

oh lord

wooo completley undeserved but i dont care, Villa go 3pts ahead of Le Arse again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Villa do it again. If Villa's goals were women, they'd be pregnant.

wooo completley undeserved but i dont care, Villa go 3pts ahead of Le Arse again

wait til the full time whistle before jinxing us will ye lol

Phew

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    wait til the full time whistle before jinxing us will ye lol

:Dalmost did there

crossbar! not handball phew

one of the worst reffing performances ive ever seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Whoa what an end! ITs Karma, we were unlucky against Aresenal. Great win for us.

We shall not be moved.

I was typing KILL THE REFEREE until the Linesman informed him of his mistake.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jesus, that Steve Bennett is a joke of a referee. Absolutely shocking.
    Signed,
    a concerned Man United fan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

monkey9 wrote: »
    Villa do it again. If Villa's goals were women, they'd be pregnant.

Didn't Agbonlahor do enough of that during the summer???

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :D

yep Bennet was terrible today both teams should be unhappy with him, just thankfull that it was clearly not a Peno so that Hulll cant blame that for the loss (not that Villa deserved to win). back to 4th anyway (joint 3rd on pts), an ugly win is still a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Steve Bennett nearly gave me a heart attack. Gobshite.

Awful game all round. It's good to see us winning these sorts of games though, makes a huge difference.

20 games through, we're five points better off at this point last season. Was it Helix who wanted a 10 point increase on last year's total? We're on the right track for that. We're looking at around 70 points this season if we keep going. That'd be 28 points more than when DO'L/DE were around. 70 points almost always gets 4th place.

DSB wrote: »
    Does it matter? We're Irish.

My point was that in the modern era in the EPL where many teams are dominated my foreign imports that Villa's team having nine players was something different and refreshing perhaps. And if you are so bloody patriotic why not support your own league instead of the EPL?

My point was that in the modern era in the EPL where many teams are dominated my foreign imports that Villa's team having nine players was something different and refreshing perhaps. And if you are so bloody patriotic why not support your own league instead of the EPL?

I do both.

Good for you, my reply was my comeback to what i felt was an unhelpful comment. After all this is an Aston Villa discussion thread!

tbh despite not being English i like the fact that our team is primarily an english one, the players have the same culture/language/mentality etc as each other and perhaps work better with each other because of it.

Of course one or two foreign recruits can be needed for players/positions english players arent all that strong in i.e Carew: the big strong target man upfront (the best england has is Heskey afterall in this role) and hopefully our next recruit a creative striker like Luis Suarez

Exactly! My point was that it was unusual to see it thats all.

MON on Radio 1 talking about "what it means to be Irish"

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement