Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

What a great great spokesman, a truly proud Irishman and while I agree the change in times helped give him the chance of being interviewed by the English FA for the England job I also think it shows how people embedded in football see he has great ability.

A truly proud Irishman and its a great honour to have him at the helm of a football club I love

If you didn't hear the programme I would suggest you download the Podcast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Dam i missed it, wonder what DOL sounds like when he is talking about what it means to be Irish, great laugh i'd say:p.

Meanwhile:
    There will be no action taken against Aston Villa after their players surrounded Steve Bennett when the referee erroneously gave a penalty against them at Hull on Tuesday night.

Bennett did not include the incident in his report yesterday and therefore the Football Association will not seek to punish the club....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/dec/31/aston-villa-gareth-barry-martin-oneill-hull-city-steve-bennett-referee-penalty-error

Seeing as Villa players were correct in pointing out Bennetts mistake tis hardly newsworthy to suggest they somehow avoided censure when they were correct in their actions?.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

from the Mirror, not surprising really considering a RB is playing ahead of him and Bouma is back soon but tbh if he can find his form back id be happy with him and Freddie competing for the LB slot.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/12/31/nicky-shorey-could-quit-aston-villa-after-only-five-months-115875-21006295/
    Nicky Shorey is considering his future at Aston Villa after only five months.

England left-back Shorey, 27, is disillusioned about losing his place to Luke Young, who is a right-back.

Shorey signed from Reading in August, has not started a League game since the defeat to Middlesbrough on November 9. And he fears for his prospects when Freddie Bouma returns.

this made me laugh when i saw it too

from football365
    Aston Villa

What They're Saying
    "To keep the momentum going we would definitely want to have a look at bringing some players in. The fact that we have done well so far and some of our players are getting recognised for England strengthens our hand in January, but it does not mean we will get who we want to get" - Martin O'Neill.

What They're Looking For
    Villa's priority is reputedly likely to be a striker but we'd have to take legal advice before providing any further comment.

Who's Likely To Leave
    Sorry, no further comment. We don't much like talking to lawyers.

from the BBC
    Cardiff City say they are "close" to agreeing a permanent deal for on-loan Aston Villa winger Wayne Routledge.

Bluebirds chairman Peter Ridsdale has confirmed a bid has been made to Villa, thought to be around the £300,000 mark.

He told BBC Sport: "The two sides are close enough and we are waiting on a response from Wayne."

Cardiff hope to seal the deal before Friday so the former England Under-21 international can play against Reading in the FA Cup on Saturday.

Championship rivals Queens Park Rangers are also in the chase for Routledge, but Ridsdale hopes the 23-year-old's enjoyable spell at Ninian Park will persuade him to make the move permanent.

The former Spurs player joined the FA Cup finalists on a two-month loan deal in November as Dave Jones sought cover for injured midfielders Joe Ledley and Peter Whittingham.

seems really cheap if true but the best of luck to him he will be a great signing for Cardiff imo, does kinda emphasise how we could use backup on the wings though.

from skysports
    John Carew may not be back in action until the spring, according to the striker's agent, which could make a forward a priority signing for Aston Villa in January.

Carew impressed at the start of the season, scoring seven goals in all competitions by the beginning of November as Villa search for a place in the UEFA Champions League.

However, the lofty Norway international has not played for more than a month due to a series of injury problems and his representative, Per Flod, fears that the 29-year-old may not be back in action until March.

Villa boss Martin O'Neill, who has been linked with Wigan star Emile Heskey, could, therefore, make a target man a key signing in the New Year transfer window.

Flod said in the Daily Mail: "It is hard to say when John will be back. Maybe in February, maybe in March or later."

just like the routledge bit this agian just emphasises the need for another striker

and from todays papers
    Everton and Aston Villa want to sign Inter Milan's Honduras striker David Suazo, who is out of favour at the San Siro and has been on loan at Benfica this season. (Daily Mirror)

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill has drawn up a list of potential striker signings, with Wigan's Emile Heskey and Portsmouth's Peter Crouch among his targets. (The Guardian)

Tottenham and Aston Villa are also interested in Craig Bellamy, who is valued at £20m by the Hammers, and he will hand in a transfer request if he is denied a move away from Upton Park. (Daily Mirror)

Tottenham, Manchester City and Aston Villa are all monitoring Owen's situation, despite his recent pledge to see out the final six months of his contract at St James' Park. (Daily Mail)

id like Suazo out of them and of course Owen would be nice but i dont expect to see him at bodymoore in January, and £20m for bellamy LMAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

John Carew may not be back in action until the spring, according to the striker's agent, which could make a forward a priority signing for Aston Villa in January.

Carew impressed at the start of the season, scoring seven goals in all competitions by the beginning of November as Villa search for a place in the UEFA Champions League.

However, the lofty Norway international has not played for more than a month due to a series of injury problems and his representative, Per Flod, fears that the 29-year-old may not be back in action until March.

Villa boss Martin O'Neill, who has been linked with Wigan star Emile Heskey, could, therefore, make a target man a key signing in the New Year transfer window.

Flod said in the Daily Mail: "It is hard to say when John will be back. Maybe in February, maybe in March or later."

the magical mystery injury continues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Defoe being linked with Villa today. He would definately be a great addition but with the talk of Heskey I'd probably prefer the later.........although both would be nice if Carew is going to be out for a few months and with us still in a few competitions, rotations up front will be key.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/7807491.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Defoe being linked with Villa today. He would definately be a great addition but with the talk of Heskey I'd probably prefer the later.........although both would be nice if Carew is going to be out for a few months and with us still in a few competitions, rotations up front will be key.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/7807491.stm

We need 2 with Harewood most likely definitely leaving this window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Routledge to QPR

Presuambly got £300k for him, might even be more.
    Routledge rejects Cardiff for QPR

Routledge has scored twice for Cardiff since joining on loan in November
    Aston Villa winger Wayne Routledge has rejected a permanent move to Cardiff City and is set to sign for QPR.

The 23-year-old has impressed during his six week loan spell at Cardiff but Routledge has snubbed the Bluebirds to sign for their Championship rivals.

The FA Cup finalists bid an estimated £300,000 for Routledge and offered him a three-and-a-half year contract.

But Cardiff chief Peter Ridsdale said: "We have been informed that Villa have a agreed a deal with another club."

Cardiff were confident of signing the former England under-21 international as Bluebirds chairman Ridsdale said the club were "close" to agreeing a permanent deal for Routledge on New Year's Eve.

But Routledge, whose loan spell at Ninian Park was due to expire on 17 January, has been recalled to Premier League giants Villa after agreeing a move to another club.

Ridsdale told BBC Sport: "We couldn't have done any more to keep him.

"We spoke to Villa and while we had not concluded a transfer fee we felt it was pretty close so that wasn't the issue.

"The issue was the lad himself wanted to go.

"We offered him a three-and-a-half-year contract on terms that were frankly very generous and all week he had been stalling on whether to except.

"That told me he was in two minds and I wasn't surprised when I got the phone call from Aston Villa on Friday morning.

"I don't know which club has got him must have made a very, very generous financial offer as ours was extremely generous - and maybe it wasn't money, maybe it was geography."

Ridsdale added: "We are left to thank him for his six weeks at the club and to focus on the FA Cup match this weekend."

The former Tottenham Hotspur star joined Cardiff on a two-month loan deal in November as Dave Jones sought cover for injured midfielders Joe Ledley and Peter Whittingham.

London-raised Routledge, who has Ashley Young and James Milner ahead of him in the Villa pecking order, has made just two substitute appearances for Villa since joining from Tottenham for £1.25m in January 2008.

Routledge helped inspire the Bluebirds to fourth in the Championship and was part of their eight-match unbeaten run.

But Routledge rejecting Cardiff just days after striker Michael Chopra's successful loan spell was terminated by his parent club Sunderland is another blow to boss Dave Jones' Championship play-off push.

"I have been in football too long to say this is a big blow," said Ridsdale.

"He was a player clearly we would have liked as part of the squad, that's why we made an offer to him.

"But it's a bit like in the summer when we went for a couple of targets and didn't get them. In the benefit of hindsight, we are better off having failed in some of those opportunities.

"We have other targets and the prerequisite for any player we bring to Cardiff City is that they want to play for us.

"And when a player rejects an offer as generous as ours, it's telling you that they don't want to play for us in which case it is the right decision and we'll move onto players who do want to play for us."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/7807192.stm

• Advertisement

Ashley and Gabby Agbonlahor are heading to America for speed-training sessions with Michael Johnson. The sprint legend, who won four Olympic gold medals over 200m and 400m, has convinced Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill he can inject even more pace into his two England fliers.

****in hell... coz theyre not quick enough already :)

Helix wrote: »
    ****in hell... coz theyre not quick enough already :)

Would it not be of better use speeding up some of the other players so they can keep up? I'm sure some of the defenders in the PL reading this <in the paper not on boards obviously> and totally agreeing with Helix's thoughts. :P:P

Ashley and Gabby for gold and silver in the 100m at the London Olympics maybe? ;)

Along with a gold for Delap in the javelin? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Ashley and Gabby Agbonlahor are heading to America for speed-training sessions with Michael Johnson. The sprint legend, who won four Olympic gold medals over 200m and 400m, has convinced Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill he can inject even more pace into his two England fliers.

I always knew there was no way he could have been that fast naturally, doesn't he know that they test players for drugs over here :D

mon came out and said that we have zero interest in signing any of the players we've been strongly linked with in the past few weeks

that means no heskey, no owen, no defoe, no bellamy

kevin doyle perhaps? ive been saying for a while there was something fishy going on with the way reading handled everything with him in the last few months

mon came out and said that we have zero interest in signing any of the players we've been strongly linked with in the past few weeks

that means no heskey, no owen, no defoe, no bellamy

kevin doyle perhaps? ive been saying for a while there was something fishy going on with the way reading handled everything with him in the last few months

um didnt he just say that we had made no enquiries for any players at that point (2/3 days ago i believe) and that he had no idea where the reports in the media were coming from because as far as he knew nobody at the club had even made enquiries about anyone linked on his behalf.

I wouldent rule out those players just yet although id still expect someone else right now.

Defoe id say we are second choice for, after Spurs and Arry. City will sign RSC this week and already have a load of strikers so unless they have the chance to get a real superstar a la Villa (the player) i dont see anoth striker signing.

Heskey I still dont particularily want but would not be dissapointed if we signed him especially with Carew being so injury prone, id imagine Heskey to be a good foil for Gabby but recently hes been more strongley linked to Liverpool, though again just like Villa that doesent make too much sense to me as either move and non-guaranteed starts would jepordise his england place.

Bellamy is a bollocks and West ham are asking stupid money for him so i hope that doesent come to pass.

and finally Owen i doubt will go anywhere (just as he and JK said) till the summer, then he will go for free to whoever he offers the most football and money wise combined. That wont stop people enquiring or him being linked to numerous clubs during january.

Doyle I would like and despite him signing a new contract recently would be a possibility for near the 10m mark id say although i wouldent be shocked to see someone not linked as much like Suazo (who i do admit i saw linked once) or Luis Suarez (please mon).

Reading didn't buy out the sell on clause in his contract to CCFC because of charity thats for sure. John Madjeski strikes me as the kind of chairman who would be tempted to do business by any offer of £10m+, some PL club will surely swoop for him in January.

Do we add Michael Johnson to the list of Villa celeb fans? he is probably still pacy enough to put him at in that tricky LB spot:P?

• Advertisement

um didnt he just say that we had made no enquiries for any players at that point (2/3 days ago i believe) and that he had no idea where the reports in the media were coming from because as far as he knew nobody at the club had even made enquiries about anyone linked on his behalf.

nah he said the only thing he would say was that for the names that were strongly linked, there was absolutely no interest whatsoever

was on ssn there about 10 mins ago, so will prob be on in 15 or so

After reading Bounty Hunter's post, I was thinking about the whole Bellamy thing.

If Spurs do sign Defoe, I clearly can't see them being interested in Bellamy as well. I also can't see too many others who would be massively interested in Bellamy especially at the prices being mentioned. If RSC goes from Blackburn they might be in the market but I don't really see Bellamy being an Allardyce type player and I can't see them using all of what they get from RSC on one replacement. Clearly West Ham are in dire straits so I think there well could be a lot of leewee in terms of the price needed to buy Bellamy. I think he could well be a possibility.

if spuds get defoe id liketo see us try for bent

After reading Bounty Hunter's post, I was thinking about the whole Bellamy thing..... I think he could well be a possibility.

I really really hope not, Villa have a great team spirit and and trying not to sound like DO'L a really good bunch of lads at the club and Bellamy could be a disruptive influence. MON more than most managers seems to really look at a players personality aswell as their ability on the field before signing someone and depite having worked with him at Celtic i dont know if he would fit the criteria. Villa as far as i can think of only have one player that could have the "bad boy" tag and thats big john Carew but that is only for things like his now infamous lapdancing club visit, he doesent appear the type to disrupt squad harmony unlike bellend-amy.

like Helix id prefer Bent, but dunno if Harry would sell Cambell is only on loan so even with Defoe they would only have 3 strikers at the club who are theirs one of which (Pav) is euro cup tied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

If Spurs do sign Defoe, I clearly can't see them being interested in Bellamy as well.

Defoe will be cup-tied in the UEFA Cup if he signs for us, as is Pavlyuchenko, while Redknapp definitely doesn't see the competition as a priority this season I wouldn't be surprised if we do try to sign him from the Bingo Club as well to give us an option in Europe. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Frazier Campbell returning to Old Trafford if we did sign the two.
    if spuds get defoe id liketo see us try for bent

There are persistent rumours that Bent is unhappy at Spurs and would welcome a move.

• Advertisement

Defoe will be cup-tied in the UEFA Cup if he signs for us, as is Pavlyuchenko, while Redknapp definitely doesn't see the competition as a priority this season I wouldn't be surprised if we do try to sign him from the Bingo Club as well to give us an option in Europe. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Frazier Campbell returning to Old Trafford if we did sign the two.

There are persistent rumours that Bent is unhappy at Spurs and would welcome a move.

well he would be welcomed by all at Villa imo and hasnt been linked recently so might make sense considering MON's words though i do think that Spurs would almost need to CF signings like Bellamy and Defoe to let him go especially seing as Defoe and the Pavster are eufa cup tied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

seing as Defoe and the Pavsterare eufa cup tied

FacePalm.jpg

shocking tbh ;)

Mr Alan wrote: »
    FacePalm.jpg

shocking tbh ;)

i know :o thought id get away with that knowing i cant spell his name. He aint a Villa player tho so i dont care but they need to get a nickname for him as im sure people would or have had quite the problem spelling Gabby (agbonlahor) or The Fonz's (Delfouneso) names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

would prefer benni mccarthy to defoe, belllamy, bent or heskey.

Tomthepost wrote: »

Strange one IMO!

I'd love if we could sign Bent, only 24, could improve at the Villa.
    And if there was any chance of signing Sturridge, then MON should go all out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I think McCarthy would be a great signing for you's. With Him, Gabby and Carew you have a quality forwards line that's very adaptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

...his manager was hugging him close at the final whistle. It made me wish I'd had the chance to play for O'Neill...

O...k....

Benfica president Luis Filipe Vieira has insisted that David Suazo will not be moving during the transfer window.

Suazo is currently on a season-long loan deal with the Portuguese giants after agreeing a switch from Inter Milan over the summer.

Reports had suggested that a number of Premier League clubs, including Newcastle, Everton and Aston Villa, were eyeing up a January swoop for the Honduras international.

However, Vieira has stressed that Suazo will be staying with Benfica for another six months before returning to Inter.

"This has been assured to us by Inter and at the end of the season we will speak about his future," Vieira told the Portuguese press.

"The agent Giovani Branchini has also confirmed this situation to us."

aw well, hows about i throw another foreign player out there that MON didnt deny an interest in the other day and the man who said this
    I need to play, I cannot continue to sit on the bench. I'm just not happy in Munich anymore.

and Ashley young for 75m anyone :D
    MARTIN O’NEILL insists Aston Villa star Ashley Young must be worth £75MILLION
    if Manchester City are happy to shell out £12m on Wayne Bridge.

The Villa manager is astonished by City’s spending power — but reckons their Arab owners would have to fork out a world record fee to prise Young away from Villa Park.

The 23-year-old has been an ever-present for Villa this season, boosting his market value with consistently outstanding displays.

But even O’Neill admits he probably paid over the odds when he paid Watford in excess of £9m for Young two years ago. Yet in today’s market, the Villa boss believes the England star could fetch EIGHT times that figure.

O’Neill said: “If I thought eventually a player was going to be worth it then I might pay over the odds.

“But I would have preferred to pay £5m for Ashley at the time ... the fact that he’s worth 15 times that now is immaterial.”

When it was pointed out to O’Neill that his assessment of Young put him in the £75m bracket, he laughed: “Go with it, go with it! But I know if he reads it, he’ll be in to see me!”

But as O’Neill looks to strengthen his squad to cement the Champions League qualifying spot Villa occupy, O’Neill admits his January spending plans could be jeopardised by City’s unprecedented financial firepower.

He was stunned when City wrote the first cheque of the transfer window ... that £12m whopper for Bridge.

And the Villa boss held us hands up and said: “If we are in for the same player, there is no way we can compete with Manchester City. Definitely not. As a player in the market, Man City have made things change.”

Bridge, 28, started just three Premier League games for Chelsea this season and was often the THIRD CHOICE left-back.

Despite cash-rich City’s pledge not to be taken for a ride in the window, O’Neill — who could well have been interested in the England player — clearly thinks the price is vastly inflated.

He said: “If the opening day is anything to go by, well maybe anything will go in this window. That is not the way that Mr Lerner wants to run this football club.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Hands off Podolski. He's going back to Cologne where he belongs.

• Advertisement

Hands off Podolski. He's going back to Cologne where he belongs.

well it seems he thinks he could be going anywhere premiership, Seria, anywhere in germany.....although unfortunatley he doesent actually mention the Villa
    Germany star Lukas Podolski has confirmed that both Manchester City and Tottenham are interested in signing him.

The striker has struggled to break into the Bayern Munich first team since Jurgen Klinsmann took charge last summer.

Podolski is not very happy with life in Munich and has made no secret of his desire to leave the Allianz Arena.

A host of clubs from across Europe are now ready to try and seal a deal for the 23-year-old.

Speaking to German magazine Bunte, Podolski has revealed that as well as interest from England, Italian giants Roma and a host of clubs within the Bundesliga want him.

Not happy
    "I need to play, I cannot continue to sit on the bench. I'm just not happy in Munich anymore," Podolski confirmed.

"I think it is time for me to leave Bayern so that I can do my job, which is playing football. I feel ready for an experience overseas and that of course includes Italy.

"I know Roma are interested, but so are several other sides. In Germany the likes of Hamburg, Cologne, Werder Bremen and Borussia Dortmund. In England I'm of interest to Manchester City and Tottenham."

City have the ability to out-bid most sides, but Podolski insisted money would not be the biggest factor in his decision.

"My choice will be purely a sporting one, so money won't make me change my mind. My only desire is to play football, preferably for a big club," he said

VILLA: Friedel; Reo-Coker, Davies, Knight, Shorey; Milner, Sidwell, Petrov, Gardner, Young; Delfouneso. Subs: Guzan, Osbourne, Salifou, Harewood, Bannan, Clark, Lowry.

Villa team for Gillingham. Strong but also resting a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Thie tie has banana skin written all over it.

Esse85 wrote: »
    Thie tie has banana skin written all over it.

Don't they all.

Just said there Gabby is sick on ITV. Hopefully this won't be a giant killing and Villa will nip the Gills in the bud early on with a few goals.

Up the Villa!

1-0 up atm. Milner got it after some nice play between himself and Petrov.

Our defense has been shocking though. Shorey and Reo-Coker are getting ripped.

very poor stuff from villa.
    Need to replace nrc (or he will get a red card) with barry bannon, move gardner to full back.
    wouldnt mind going 4-4-2 with harewood coming in for young (not really his type of game)

Got a game on our hands now, lol at Knight.

just back to my place in london and turn on my tv (ITV) just in time to see Gillingham equalise and the commenator say weve only got he Hare and youngsters on he bench... this should be interesting.

lol they are interviewing gillinghams ast manager right now as the game is being played

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

Ugh wish we'd fielded a reserve team

poor reffing no pen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

poor reffing no pen!

It was a bit harsh, but if Reo-Crokers challenge in the first half deserved a yellow, then that was a peno

Gillingham were asking for it with their style of play, ill agree it was soft but it was coming

well we are through and there is no midweek game and nobody got injured so im happy.

now for the draw?

another non-prem team please that we can get away with resting one or two against

Jesus, I fear for our chances whenever Gardner plays, he just doesn't show any promise whenever he has the ball. As for Knight, shorey and NRC :rolleyes:

We really need to get 1 defender, midfielder and forward in the january window if we're to remain in the top 4 for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement

Villa away to Cheltenham or Doncaster

Jesus, I fear for our chances whenever Gardner plays, he just doesn't show any promise whenever he has the ball. As for Knight, shorey and NRC :rolleyes:

We really need to get 1 defender, midfielder and forward in the january window if we're to remain in the top 4 for the rest of the season.

we need backup for RB and the wings aswell as a CF good enought to start games.
    Villain wrote: »
    Villa away to Cheltenham or Doncaster

happy with that

NRC doesn't belong at RB so I give him some slack when he plays there.
    Shorey and Knight are poor though, very poor. Shorey is lacking match practice and confidence but Knight.... well, :rolleyes:

He was poor today against League 2, what does that say about him. Lob the high balls in and he does fine, but run at him and he's ****ed.

PS: Good draw for us, makes a change from recent years.

Knight was caught badly for pace and Davies positioning for the goal was poor, we really need Cuellar or Laursen back and obviously the sooner Freddie is back the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I didn't think Reo-Coker did too bad at right back to be honest, he didn't get skinned once. Knight, Shorey and Gardner all played poorly as did Ash Young. Would of liked to have seen Gardner come off for Hare and have Villa switch to a 4-4-2.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement