Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

any one find the highlights of the villa goals v doncaster last weds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

villains77 wrote: »
    any one find the highlights of the villa goals v doncaster last weds.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2051369/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Fantastic ball by Shorey to set up Fonzie's header. If only he could get the finger out with his defending... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

thats exactley what id expect. Weve done brilliantly with 4-5-1/4-3-3 but since Heskey's arrival and Carew's return I expect us to start 4-4-2 in most games

That would be a stupid thing to do when you've won your last 6 away from home in a row. At home you's will win more games playing 4-4-2 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Yeah i'd agree with that, the 451 has served Villa well away from home and i think MON is the kind of cautious guy who would stick with a winning formula.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah i'd agree with that, the 451 has served Villa well away from home and i think MON is the kind of cautious guy who would stick with a winning formula.
    So its the team with the best away record going up against the only unbeaten manager in the league today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

VILLA: Friedel; Cuellar, Davies, Knight, L Young; Milner, Barry, Petrov, A Young; Heskey, Agbonlahor. Subs: Sidwell, Delfouneso, Salifou, Shorey, Guzan, Gardner, Carew.

4-4-2 it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Any Stream?

Villain wrote: »
    Any Stream?

Awesome stream. Lets hope it stays up.

http://www.veetle.com/viewChannel.php?cid=48cb03bd8ab18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Thats the 2nd goal ruled out that should have counted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

JPA wrote: »
    Awesome stream. Lets hope it stays up.

http://www.veetle.com/viewChannel.php?cid=48cb03bd8ab18

That's the best quality stream I've ever seen

Really should be 2 or 3 up Gabby shouldn't have been caught offside and disallowed Davies goal was a joke, but then again you never get them

matrim wrote: »
    That's the best quality stream I've ever seen

Wish we had Hooters.

I can't get the stream to play started then frooze now just the white circle going around, found another its not too bad

Did you download the program? I assume you did.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I can't get the stream to play started then frooze now just the white circle going around, found another its not too bad

fancy sharing that new stream dunno if its my computer or what but my one not working the best here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Not a bad run we're on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Good win, and Chelsea only drew so we're 3rd now

• Advertisement

8pts ahead of Arsenal before their derby
    2pts ahead of Chelsea after the same amount of games and we play them next
    3rd place in the league on merit
    7th consecutive away win
    unbeaten run continues

i feel like that pic of MON i posted in the other thread
    mon.jpg

Un-freaking-believable!

3260055075_321bb83c85.jpg

:D:D:D

This is unreal stuff lads.
    Milner outstanding today.
    Can't fault one player really.

Yea even Knight was good if living a little on the dangergous side. Thats 7 away wins on the trot isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Have to hand it to MON and his squad, thought today would end in a draw but that is a fantastic result away to a side who've found a bit of form under Allardyce. Chelsea drawing can only make it sweeter, I'm hoping Spurs can get at least a point in the NLD tomorrow, and do you a favour in the process.

• Advertisement

Have to hand it to MON and his squad, thought today would end in a draw but that is a fantastic result away to a side who've found a bit of form under Allardyce. Chelsea drawing can only make it sweeter, I'm hoping Spurs can get at least a point in the NLD tomorrow, and do you a favour in the process.

I think everyone in this thread is a spurs fan for one day only tommorow :D imagine if they win 8pts ahead with no games in hand, that would be fn sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Greetings from Miami Beach :D

Just signed on to say I thought Milner was absolutely sublime today, with Petrov not far behind. What more can be said about this team, surprise me every week. Yay for illegal footy streams btw :pac:

JamesMilner_1862680.jpg

What a game from him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Milner was great today, but how did he miss that 2nd chanve - cost me 5pts in fantasy footie.

Not sure if it's cos of all the false dawns over the years, but I keep waiting for the wheels to come off -I have suffered for too long.
    Chelsea next at home, if we can win that I reckon we can start planning for the likes of Milan, Madrid and maybe Everton :eek: in next season's Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Get in, Nugent - 1 0 Pompey

• Advertisement

The pressure is really starting to heap on Arsenal now. If Spurs beat them tomorrow, I make it that Villa need to win 10 games to guarantee 4th place. Now there's very little chance we'll win 10/13 of our last games, but that scenario is allowing for Arsenal winning all of their remaining games, which is equally unlikely to happen. Every game Arsenal henceforth fail to win is one game that will be taken from the number we need to guarantee 4th. Ours to lose.

Ive always thought Villa getting a top 4 spot was a possibility but now im actually starting to believe its more than just possible. Think ill wait till we play Chelsea before making any bold statements but...

I Believe

Obama1~Barack-Obama-Yes-We-Can-Posters.jpg

Or using the power of photoshop:

34e5afl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I missed the game today :( but so delighted about the result. 3rd!!! Unbelievable!!!! MON is the fucking man!! He stuck his 2 fingers up to pool when they chased Barry in the summer and it's worked out really well, you'd be hard pushed to doubt any of his decisions this season. I'd defo give him a ride! :p

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    I missed the game today :( but so delighted about the result. 3rd!!! Unbelievable!!!! MON is the fucking man!! He stuck his 2 fingers up to pool when they chased Barry in the summer and it's worked out really well, you'd be hard pushed to doubt any of his decisions this season. I'd defo give him a ride! :p

Locked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Nah, if he was really locked that'd read:
    I'd defo give him a royide!

So them's the words of a straight (or not) thinking man! :pac:

6 (six) Villa players in the England squad.

England squad:
    Goalkeepers: Robert Green (West Ham), Joe Hart (Man City), David James (Portsmouth).

Defenders: Wayne Bridge (Man City), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Portsmouth), John Terry (Chelsea), Matthew Upson (West Ham), Luke Young (Villa).

Midfielders: David Beckham (LA Galaxy), Gareth Barry (Villa), Michael Carrick (Man Utd), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Villa), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Man City), Ashley Young (Villa).

Forwards: Gabriel Agbonlahor (Villa), Carlton Cole (West Ham), Peter Crouch (Portsmouth), Emile Heskey (Villa).

Pleasantly surprised by L. Young getting the recognition.

Delighted for L Young, he's been solid all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Taught Davies may of gotten a call up. I feel he's playing better than Upson. Great to see so many of the lads getting call ups.

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    6 (six) Villa players in the England squad.

England squad:
    Goalkeepers: Robert Green (West Ham), Joe Hart (Man City), David James (Portsmouth).

Defenders: Wayne Bridge (Man City), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Portsmouth), John Terry (Chelsea), Matthew Upson (West Ham), Luke Young (Villa).

Midfielders: David Beckham (LA Galaxy), Gareth Barry (Villa), Michael Carrick (Man Utd), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Villa), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Man City), Ashley Young (Villa).

Forwards: Gabriel Agbonlahor (Villa), Carlton Cole (West Ham), Peter Crouch (Portsmouth), Emile Heskey (Villa).

Pleasantly surprised by L. Young getting the recognition.

They deserve their place imo, its seems Capello is picking by form too (although obviously hampered by Gerrard's injury/Rooney's fitness) with Jagielka and C.Cole getting called up. Jagielka's imo is deserved despite it being possible at Davies expense as he has been brilliant for Everton.

Surprised Milner got called up (his performace today shows he should be ahead of the Spurs duo of Lennon/Bentley) as he was named in the U-21 squad a few days ago but they did say that Capello could still pick him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Is there any first team regular for Villa not called up?

You'd have to give credit to the Manager for getting so much out of all these players that they get called up to the International team.

Edit, Actually just realised Curtis Davies is not called up, and he really should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I would commend Villa and the manager for what they have done and are doing this season especially, its like a breath of fresh air to see some real diversity in the top four and for me, having such an home grown based team is nothing but good for the league and it shows the other teams that you dont need to go trawling the furthest corners of the globe spending tens of millions on imports

im not racist or anything.......just nice to see an English team with mainly English players on it and doing well!

I tip my hat to you

Arsenal drop another 2 points, good stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Arsenal drop another 2 points, good stuff

Blame it on Eboue.
    I'm actually no longer focusing on catching Villa. We've a better chance of catching Chelski.
    Just shows how far you've pushed on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

don't blame it on henry
    don't blame it on the referee
    blame it on eboue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Frisbee wrote: »
    Blame it on Eboue.
    I'm actually no longer focusing on catching Villa. We've a better chance of catching Chelski.
    Just shows how far you've pushed on.
    As much as I love Villa, I think you're giving us too much credit here. Ten games ago I said we could go on a ten game winning-streak (turned out we won 8, drew 2) mostly because we were playing relatively crap teams (including Arsenal :pac:). In our next seven league games, we've got Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs, Man City, Everton (and Stoke). That's a lot harder than Hull, West Brom, Blackburn, etc. On top of that we've two tough games against CSKA and that FA Cup tie in Goodison. We've had a lot of luck in the past couple of months so a couple of poor results could really hit morale and see us struggle.

In MON we trust... but I'd still take 4th, the FA Cup and a couple of more trips to Europe :pac:

I still think 5th is where we will finish TBH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs, Man City, Everton (and Stoke)

Villa should be looking to get 10 out of 12 for the non top 4 teams, and then 4ish from the top 3. If they do that, they'll be have CL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

we can beat liverpool at anfield, and we can beat chelsea at villa park

united is the only game i dont think we have a snowballs chance in hell of getting anything from

everton, city, spurs and stoke should, as said above, yield 10 points

aside from everton, the other 3 are poor sides

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement