Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

yup Arsenal winning tonight (3-1 at HT west brom are useless, Arsenal will win) makes the City game even more important and i really think we need to get atleast 4 points vs City & Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

I reckon if we can beat Fulham and Boro away we'll get 4rth anything less and its Arsenals, makes Sat even more sickening looking at the remaining fixtures- what a boost for the Arsenal players! its easy to forget they're on a decent unbeaten run at the minute and Walcott, Fabergas nd co all due back very soon

Laursen will be a massive boost for us too when he returns and not just defensivley we have missed him from set pieces badly too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

With Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal all winning, City has now become a pressure game so by god MON better send them out playing like their lives depended on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Lads, I think tonight is our biggest game of the season, win and we have a bit of breating space and a 11 day rest for the team. Lose and the pressure of having Arsenal 3 pts behind with better goal difference and the margin for error is very small.
    Won't have a better chance to beat City their star name and form player both missing.

Anyone going to the Spurs game on Sunday week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Lads, I think tonight is our biggest game of the season, win and we have a bit of breating space and a 11 day rest for the team. Lose and the pressure of having Arsenal 3 pts behind with better goal difference and the margin for error is very small.
    Won't have a better chance to beat City their star name and form player both missing.

Anyone going to the Spurs game on Sunday week?

I agree wholeheartedly. Yesterdays results and the weekends hiccup means that there is a lot of pressure on the boys for tonights match. I just hope we pull it out of the bag.

I'm heading over to the Spurs match with my GF, still got to wait till tommorrow to book the match tickets though.

Also by any chance do you have a link to the fight beind discussed in your sig? :D

Feckin' huge game, no point pretending otherwise. A point will not make up for Sunday's shambles and I can't even contemplate the prospect of a defeat :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

every game we play for the rest of the season is our biggest game of the season now lads

every single one of them

also ill be at the spurs game, which means itll be a draw, so yis might want to look into going to the west ham game instead, which ill be absent from

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    also ill be at the spurs game, which means itll be a draw, so yis might want to look into going to the west ham game instead, which ill be absent from

If it is a draw I'm going to write to the club and accuse you of all sorts of ungentlemanly things in the hope that they ban you from attending club matchs.

shoutman wrote: »
    I agree wholeheartedly. Yesterdays results and the weekends hiccup means that there is a lot of pressure on the boys for tonights match. I just hope we pull it out of the bag.

I'm heading over to the Spurs match with my GF, still got to wait till tommorrow to book the match tickets though.

Also by any chance do you have a link to the fight beind discussed in your sig? :D

http://www.myvideofight.com/video/ufc/ufc-53-andrei-arlovski-vs-justin-eilers/index-5.html :D

back on topic, i'm heading over to the Spurs game on the 7.40 Ryanair flight and staying over til Monday, so if anyone fancies meeting up for pints pre or post fight let me know. I do have a Spurs fan with me so he won't understand football talk. ;)

Come on the Villa tonight, put us back 3 pts off the Pool with Man U next up for them...

Thanks for the link, i'm heading over on the 12 o clock flight which lands at one, so till plenty of time to get to the stadium. Do you have your tickets already or do you have to wait till tommorrow to get them? I'm looking to get holte end ones if possible, atmosphere was so much better there then the Ellis stand.

Thanks for the link, i'm heading over on the 12 o clock flight which lands at one, so till plenty of time to get to the stadium. Do you have your tickets already or do you have to wait till tommorrow to get them? I'm looking to get holte end ones if possible, atmosphere was so much better there then the Ellis stand.

Only game I've been to was the Everton away and I got those through Everton connections, so I think it's next week when they go on general sale when I get them, or might just get off a tout if necessary.

I actually have a spare for the Spurs end, but don't fancy it so selling it on. I really fancy us to beat them on the day, hopefully Helix can't make it and we have a chance of seeing a goal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

What channel is this on tonight?

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    What channel is this on tonight?
    Saddam Hussein TV methinks. All the usual suspects, no "official" sources though.

• Advertisement

How can they not have this on TV ffs? Apart from the UTD game, this is the game next in line. :mad:

http://www.iraqgoals.com/en/ch2.html

2 streams 1 in english, Fox Soccer Channel

why the bloody hell isnt carew starting

urgh

i can understand the logic behind playing that other useless fecker for his speed, but surely carew shouldve been up top with him

defence looks a real mess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

We're getting hammered at the back.

argh all the streams i have links for have either died or are now showing everton

• Advertisement

oh no, there we go, thats better

just in time to see city miss another sitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Jesus, I think its finally fair enough to say without doubt that MON was wrong to disrupt the teams momentum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

1-0, I think I need to change my prediction from us finishing 5th.

I now predict we will finish 6th

My stream is 2 minutes behind live. Feck.

*sigh*

another 60 minutes of hopeless long balls ahead

Where is the Fox Soccer Channel link?

Not a peno imo but we had been riding our luck at the back with Ireland (who seems to be everywhere) and SWP fluffing good chances beforehand.

We seem void of attacking ideas atm and Carew not playing seems a mistake atm, We need something to kick start our team like a Young free-kick. We need Young atm to show us how good we know he can be cos we are really lacking that creative spark

Oh Ye of little faith!

In MON we trust.

anyone with Sopcast sop://broker1.sopcast.com:3912/30931, its not english but its live and smooth and the Fox Soccer linke changed to the Everton game for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

FFS Villa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

He got you guys this far...... have some faith !

I trusted in MON until the Uefa Cup decision, I now believe that decision has done two things, gave us no chance of progressing in the Uefa Cup and cost us 4th place.

If I am wrong than I will glady eat humble pie

Not the best quality but a good solid stream
    http://www.ustream.tv/videoplayerpopup/channel/524163

amd best of all its in spanish. AYAYAYAYAY

Villain wrote: »
    I trusted in MON until the Uefa Cup decision, I now believe that decision has done two things, gave us no chance of progressing in the Uefa Cup and cost us 4th place.

If I am wrong than I will glady eat humble pie

What flavour do you want, I'll russle something up for you come the end of the season.

Oh Ye of little faith!

In MON we trust.

:rolleyes:

What flavour do you want, I'll russle something up for you come the end of the season.
    If we get 4th I'll eat a pie of worms.

GuanYin wrote: »
    He got you guys this far...... have some faith !

I have full faith in MON and atm wouldent swap him for any manager as i dont think anyone is as suited to the Villa job atm, but no fan likes watching their team play poorly and recently Carew has seemed like our main goal threat even if he is a lazy fecker at times. Now is not when we want poor results, considering we have Spurs, Man United, Liverpool and Everton in our next 4 league games.

Villain wrote: »
    If we get 4th I'll eat a pie of worms.

To be shown on youtube or permaban from soccer forum?

Oh lovely now Ashley looks injured

• Advertisement

we need something more in the locker than HOOF and KICK IT TO ASHLEY yet its all we have to offer

when it works its great, but why the hell we dont just get it on the floor and play football i dont know. we're capable of playing lovely stuff, but we insist on this horrible route one tripe time after time

so frustrating

Zat Knight is brutal at football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Good idea to have same side and formation for Stoke home as Man City away?

booed off again and fully deserved again

Zat Knight is brutal at football.

Did ya just see that excuse for a pass? FFS like, he wouldn't make a LoI team!

Stoke we were two nil up with five minutes to play. The tactic and team obviously worked very well for the vast majority of the match.

• Advertisement

Good idea to have same side and formation for Stoke home as Man City away?

it would be if we didnt play long ball rubbish

it means we just miss out on a midfielder when the other team has the ball, and they take us apart

if we were playing decent football then you could warrant the extra man up top, but when youre just launching it and one of the front men is the laziest footballer on the planet, its probably not the best formation in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Helix wrote: »
    booed off again and fully deserved again

Yeah, starting to boo the players once they hit a bad patch after how well they've gotten things done all season is fully deserved, ridiculous statement.

Stoke we were two nil up with five minutes to play. The tactic and team obviously worked very well for the vast majority of the match.

we were absolutely beautiful to watch in the first half against stoke. brilliant stuff for the full 45 minutes

after half time tho they were pretty much always looking like causing problems

it worked really really REALLY well for 45 mins, then we went back to see who can kick it the highest

6,000th post. Woot.

Come on Villa.

DSB wrote: »
    Yeah, starting to boo the players once they hit a bad patch after how well they've gotten things done all season is fully deserved, ridiculous statement.

have you not been watching the game? we're an absolute disgrace

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement