Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Helix wrote: »
    have you not been watching the game? we're an absolute disgrace

Yes and nonethelwss, booing the team for a poor performance is poor form. It hasn't been down to lack of effort and thats for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I do dislike that aspect of football, fans just change opinions in an instant. MON is fantastic when winning, then two bad results and he mightn't be the man for the job etc.

Route one football is great when we are winning, we hit a patch and its that ****e long ball. Zat Knight is brilliant when he scores against chelsea then he plays ****e for the next season and a half and he is a ****e player. Football Fans. lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

It's not good or bad management to play a certain tactic, it is, however, awful management to continue with a tactic that clearly isn't working in a certain setting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Don't read too much into it, we're just playing poorly. Hopefully 2nd half will be different.

UTV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Anyone who's been watching that tripe cannot possible defend any element of MON or those 11 jokers. Whether we win lose or draw, there are some serious deficiencies in that team that will get ripped apart at Anfield or Old Trafford, probably WHL too.

I dunno, its all gone tits up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

shoutman wrote: »
    Route one football is great when we are winning

no its not

ive been giving out about it for as long as i care to remember on here, and the general reply is "sure we're winning arent we"

3mins with Carew on and we already look stronger.

Cuellar is playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

shoutman wrote: »
    I do dislike that aspect of football, fans just change opinions in an instant. MON is fantastic when winning, then two bad results and he mightn't be the man for the job etc.

Route one football is great when we are winning, we hit a patch and its that ****e long ball. Zat Knight is brilliant when he scores against chelsea then he plays ****e for the next season and a half and he is a ****e player. Football Fans. lol.

I had an issue with the Uefa Cup decision before we played Stoke, I think he bottled the one big decision he had to make, I mean imagine how much better off the squad would be if we hadn't played all those Uefa Cup Games??

Instead we play all them and give ourselves a chance of going far in the competition then chuck it all away to make sure the players are fresh for the Stoke and City game, what happens? We throw away a win to Stoke and play useless in the first half against City and go into the 2nd half 1 down.

Savman wrote: »
    3mins with Carew on and we already look stronger.

unsurprising

COME ON THE VILLA

enough of your ****ing bull****, play some ****ing football

• Advertisement

Any streams working now? My spanish one has legged it.

Nope nothing working for me now. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Nothing here as well

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

even the sopcast link died and they are usually the most reliable from my exp

Hairy japanese bastards :mad:

Everton drawing still so at least we might still stay far enough of them to get 5th

Sick of this ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

i'm going to bed.

F*cking brutal. There are no positives, not this time.

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »
    Everton drawing still so at least we might still stay far enough of them to get 5th

love the attitude, were playing shiite yes, but were fricken fourth and itl be a while yet before i start saying we might stay ahead of Everton who are 2 place behind us, sure twas only a few days ago people thought we might get ahead of liverpool. we all knew bad results would come but its not over as it stands we have the 4th CL spot!

We Have to beat Spurs tho no question about it really

So what, the ****ing Europa Cup next season? Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

The Europa Cup just won't be good enough, not after the way O'Neill has treated it this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

City are always strong at home and this was a difficult game on paper. I still thought they'd get a draw out of it though. The race for 4th is right on now.

love the attitude, were playing shiite yes, but were fricken fourth and itl be a while yet before i start saying we might stay ahead of Everton who are 2 place behind us, sure twas only a few days ago people thought we might get ahead of liverpool. we all knew bad results would come but its not over as it stands we have the 4th CL spot!

We Have to beat Spurs tho no question about it really
    Sorry Bounty Hunter I must send you a copy of the Fixture list because we might be ahead of Arsenal now but after our next 4 games I would bet we won't be, you do realise after Spurs at home we play Utd and Pool away and then home to Everton, a draw with spurs followed by two defeats and the Everton game could decide 5th place.

I can't believe how we have thrown away the best chance we could get in 5 years to get into the Champions League.

Yay for the 'five year plan'. :mad:

• Advertisement

am i mistaken or are we still in a CL place? every team goes through bad patches this is ours, our season isnt over and tbh we are ahead of schedule in even challenging for a CL spot this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Villa might regret boycotting the UEFA now :rolleyes:

am i mistaken or are we still in a CL place? every team goes through bad patches this is ours, our season isnt over and tbh we are ahead of schedule in even challenging for a CL spot this season.

Agreed, but whats more worrying, is that this happened last season too. The rest of this season is gonna be telling, because a trend seems to be emerging with Martin O'Neill and the second half of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

That's a bogey stadium for us...

But Arsenal were always gonna catch us or get close over this run of games. If we can get to the last 5 or 6 games of the season level or close enough on points with Arsenal, we could still do it. Their run-in is MUCH tougher than ours.

If you ask me, the Villa players all look knackered. And that UEFA decision looks an even wiser move now.

There's an 11 day break to recharge the batteries.

Yes it's bad. But it's not over yet.

Do you honestl expect us to go to Utd and Liverpool and get something from those games? and Everton will be out for revenge and given our home record I can't see us winning that either

• Advertisement

Sorry Bounty Hunter I must send you a copy of the Fixture list because we might be ahead of Arsenal now but after our next 4 games I would bet we won't be, you do realise after Spurs at home we play Utd and Pool away and then home to Everton, a draw with spurs followed by two defeats and the Everton game could decide 5th place.

I can't believe how we have thrown away the best chance we could get in 5 years to get into the Champions League.

and after thoise games Arsenal have to play United and Chelsea while we have no top 6 teams again this season, im very aware of our games but i think people need to realise we are still Villa, the team many didnt expect to be here (4th) at this point, the team that effs up when they have the chance to take advantage of other teams mistakes,Im not going to be pissed at MON or anyone really if we fail to get CL football as tbh did any of you expect it at the start of the season? i expected 5th and that would have been a good season for me, but we are in 4th and i still believe we can (ive never said will) get a CL spot for next year.

Spin it whatever way you want, we've shown the whole league that we are incapable of managing our own destiny and that we buckle under the first sign of pressure. Now it's advantage Arsenal.

and after thoise games Arsenal have to play United and Chelsea while we have no top 6 teams again this season, im very aware of our games but i think people need to realise we are still Villa, the team many didnt expect to be here (4th) at this point, the team that effs up when they have the chance to take advantage of other teams mistakes,Im not going to be pissed at MON or anyone really if we fail to get CL football as tbh did any of you expect it at the start of the season? i expected 5th and that would have been a good season for me, but we are in 4th and i still believe we can (ive never said will) get a CL spot for next year.
    Christ almighty. So even though we piss away a huge advantage, we should pat ourselves on the back for making 5th all of a sudden? And enter back into a competition we've pissed all over the tradition of? Words fail me.

Yes I expected 5th also but I didn't expect Arsenal to throw away so many points, they gave us a real chance of getting 4th but instead of beating Stoke and City and been 8 points ahead now we are 3 points ahead with some very tough games ahead.

P.S. Spurs winning 4-0 they will be very high on confidence now before we play them

Spin it whatever way you want, we've shown the whole league that we are incapable of managing our own destiny and that we buckle under the first sign of pressure. Now it's advantage Arsenal.

after the same amount of games Villa are 3 points ahead, im not trying to spin anything but its still advantage Villa of course we have to get out of our slump and immediatley (vs Spurs) but i just feel a few are giving off the attitude that our quest for CL football is over even though we currently have the champions league spot so it obviously isnt.

Christ almighty. So even though we piss away a huge advantage, we should pat ourselves on the back for making 5th all of a sudden? And enter back into a competition we've pissed all over the tradition of? Words fail me.

Ive never once mentioned the Uefa cup and no we shouldent pat ourselves on the back, I for one expected a slump in form and it is very unfortunate that it hasnt coincided with us playing games we arent expected to win i.e Man Utd but our CL quest isnt over!

our CL quest isnt over!
    Nope, but it's as good as over. An old coot like Wenger has been in this position before and the way I see it, if he managed to catch Man U from 10pts behind to win the league then catching an out of form Villa team 3pts ahead will be a walk in the park.

We were in control of our own destiny, and we've just thrown it all away.

Am I alone in my attitude? Yes we were shiite but not everything is in the crapper :pac:

I think it is, we have lost our form just when we needed it and Arsenal have just got a win under their belt and the have a lot of quality players coming back soon including Fabregas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Am I alone in my attitude? Yes we were shiite but not everything is in the crapper :pac:

It appears that you are, ye still have the points on the board over us. Ye do have a tough run of games coming up and I do expect ye to drop a lot of points there, but I wouldn't be 100% confident of Arsenal taking advantage of that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,807 ✭✭✭✭kippy

As already has been said, ye have a tough few games coming up (I was already thinking City away was tough) but after that and barring any major injuries ye have possibly the easiers run in (on paper) of any team in the top 5. I really hope and expect MON to hold onto a top 4 position based on those last games of the season.

Dont get too despondant guys, ye have a wafer thing squad, have a tough few games just gone and coming up but I think ye have enough in the tank to take it the distance.
    Kippy

What did he say?

What did he say?

pretty straight forward we werent good tonight and City Deserved to win, weve made things tough for ourself but were still in 4th and still can do well, weve time off now and need to be better vs Spurs obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

I copy and pasted this comment from www.avfcblog.com

HOPE somebody asks MON WHY ... PLAY RIGHT BACK AT LEFTBACK,PLAY CENTREBACK AT RIGHTBACK, PLAY HESKEY INSTEAD OF CAREW,CHANGE A SUCCESFULL TEAM/FORMATION SINCE SIGNING HESKEY,KEPT GABBY IN THE TEAM WHEN HE COULDNT HIT A BARN DOOR WITH A BANJO,RESTED PLAYERS FOR OUR LAST CHANCE OF SILVERWARE, I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR HIS EXPLANATION.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Disappointing result. Hopefully we can pick it up against Spurs. We have a badly needed 11 day break before that game, so hopefully the players will come back refreshed.

Bounty Hunter, I agree with you. How anyone can say our CL bid is over is beyond me. This loss is certainly a dint, but there's no way it's over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

after the same amount of games Villa are 3 points ahead, im not trying to spin anything but its still advantage Villa
    As an Arsenal fan, I agree absolutely - especially with this weekend being an FA Cup weekend and Arsenal having Champions League again the midweek after.

If Villa use that time to calm themselves and get everything back together, I could still be a very unhappy camper come 38 games played.

Your next 4/5 games are tough - but then following that run, Arsenal play 'Pool away, Chelsea at home and United away in their next 5 so nothing's settled yet.

evertons next 3 games are stoke, portsmouth and wigan

we could be in 6th after the united game, with everton as the next match :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Would it be fair to say that by giving up on the eufa cup and solely focusing on grabbing a champions league place put massive pressure on the players? 2 bad results since (especially against Stoke)

• Advertisement

Dun laoire wrote: »
    Would it be fair to say that by giving up on the eufa cup and solely focusing on grabbing a champions league place put massive pressure on the players? 2 bad results since (especially against Stoke)
    Fair assessment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement