Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Bosnich, what a hero. I used to love that jersey he has on too! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Villa linked to Standard Liege's Belgian International Steven Defour. The 20 year-old playmaker went on record saying that Villa are an 'amazing club'. Could be interesting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Myself like most here id say have not seen enough of Defour to be sure but all ive heard is positive, he is a playmaker which is exactley what we need, hes only 20 yet was judged the MVP of the belgian league last year and already has 16 international caps. He has also expressed an interest in and a respect for Aston Villa so atm id be very happy for Villa to pursue this. Its also worth noting that the quotes from him refer to us in 5th not in 4th so presumably he wouldent change his mind if we cant offer CL football.
    During the 2007-08 season Defour received the Golden Shoe, the official award for most valuable player in the Belgian League, of the year 2007. The form that won him this award would continue as Defour led Standard to the Jupiler League title, for the first time in 25 years.

He has been linked with Premier League giants Arsenal F.C and Middlesbrough F.C. Most recently he has come under the gaze of the scouts of Aston Villa FC, Manager Martin O'Neil is said to be a big admirer of the playmaker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

shoutman wrote: »
    Why thank you, good luck to Everton with always and forever being the second best team in Liverpool.

Thats rich coming from a Villa fan, a club awash with major honours *

* If you are a WW II veteran that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Thats rich coming from a Villa fan, a club awash with major honours *

* If you are a WW II veteran that is.

I thought WWII was in the 40's, not the 80's??

Villa have a good tradition but the guy slating Everton like a few posts ago is only embarrassing himself.

Most of Villas success is around the WW II era,They won a league cup in the 90s but that's about it

Anyhoooo

Heskey scored like 10 goals for England over a period of about 10 years and counting.

a goal a year lads :pac: not exactly hair raising

And over the last couple of years Lescott almost has a better scoring record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Villa have a good tradition but the guy slating Everton like a few posts ago is only embarrassing himself.
    As are you now tbh.

Most of Villas success is around the WW II era,They won a league cup in the 90s but that's about it

What's your problem with Villa? I really like Everton. I like Moyes, and I like the way the club is being run. But based on your recent idiotic posts in this thread I find myself starting to really dislike them. Please put down that massive oar of yours and stop try to stir up ****.

What's your problem with Villa? I really like Everton. I like Moyes, and I like the way the club is being run. But based on your recent idiotic posts in this thread I find myself starting to really dislike them. Please put down that massive oar of yours and stop try to stir up ****.

I don't have any problem with Villa at all, serious. !

I just voiced my opinion on Heskey that's all. I don't think he will be at Villa next year. To build on this seasons success ye need players of a higher calibre than him.

Its not rocket science...:p

As for Mr.Alan saying he is very, very very good, that's quite scary (in a funny way). I don't think he would ruffle the feathers of El Nino too much.

Back to Villa, well I think 4th is still possible, Arsenal have hard games plus the CL to contend with.

Don't mean to be having a go at Villa at all, I would never slag a team with such a history and whose fixture with Everton is the most played top flight game in the world probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

pretty sure youre missing a couple of things in there...

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    pretty sure youre missing a couple of things in there...

This one time, on 26th May 1982, the whole team stuck flutes up their pussies.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

This one time, on 26th May 1982, the whole team stuck flutes up their pussies.

hahahahahahaha!

Agonlahor: Feeling the strain

Aston Villa star Gabriel Agbonlahor has admitted their early-season exertions have been affecting them.

Villa's campaign started way back in July in the Intertoto Cup and they dropped off the pace in recent weeks in the race to finish in the top four.

Agbonlahor has made 42 appearances this season and the striker admits the busy schedule has taken a toll on his performances.

"It has been a long season," Agbonlahor told the Birmingham Mail.

"Starting right back in July, playing in countries in the heat, I'm happy with the number of games I have played, because it means I have been injury-free and getting a long run.

"It can get mentally tiring but we've got the right people at the training ground to make sure we get the right amount of time off to recover."

Despite dropping down to fifth place behind Arsenal, Agbonlahor remains confident Villa can qualify for next season's UEFA Champions League.

"Maybe we didn't expect to get that many points ahead of Arsenal but when we were confident and flying we were picking up a lot of results," added Agbonlahor.

"Everton finished fourth and Spurs went very close a couple of years ago but it is a huge ask to crack the top four when you look at their squads.

"Arsenal have got a lot of players coming back and with the players they have it's going to be really tough.

"But we've done really well this season and we've still got a chance of making the top four."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

:eek: Do your research before you post ill-informed pap like that on a villa thread. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

wynters wrote: »
    "Starting right back in July..."

For a second there I was wondering just how desperate we got before we signed Luke Young :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

You know what else might contribute to player fatigue + tiredness? getting 3 women pregnant at the same time! and buying a white lambo (which i had the privilge to walk in front of by VP a while back). Save your excuses Gabby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

You know what else might contribute to player fatigue + tiredness? getting 3 women pregnant at the same time! and buying a white lambo (which i had the privilge to walk in front of by VP a while back). Save your excuses Gabby.

3 women pregnant? Linky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

How would buying a car tire him out? :confused:

• Advertisement

three-strong team of beauties
    :rolleyes:

JPA wrote: »

Thats just me with a case of the green eyed monster.

nice
    lamborghini-lp560-4.jpg

not so nice
    sophie.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

JPA wrote: »

He could either pay in pounds or push-ups... he chose the latter...

good news lads

emule heskey injured tonight, out for 3-4 weeks

Helix wrote: »
    good news lads

emule heskey injured tonight, out for 3-4 weeks

:p Brilliant. Hopefully 451 might be played now......hopefully.

At least they progressively got nicer looking.

• Advertisement

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    :p Brilliant. Hopefully 451 might be played now......hopefully.

yup defo

might see a bit more of fonzy too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    At least they progressively got nicer looking.

Looks like a load of ****, he should definitely sue.

DSB wrote: »
    Looks like a load of ****, he should definitely sue.

hahaha

tis all true

hes clearly just got ****e taste in birds:D

Thats just me with a case of the green eyed monster.

not so nice
    sophie.JPG

Does anyone remember the Dan Akroyd movie 'Coneheads'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I certainly do!

coneheads.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I should probably put this into the tickets thread, but my GF just got me a flight to Birmingham for the weekend of the 24th May, which is the last game against Newcastle.

I know tickets aren't on sale yet, but what do people think are the chances of getting tickets for the game on general sale. It's going to be the last game so I think it might be tough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Gabby has been brought into the senior english side due to injuries.

Hopefully it will give him a morale boost.

or itll give him another reason to moan that hes tired

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭avillan

She looks like the love child of Elvis+Jordan:p

Ok enough about conehead, it's just distracting from the most horrible annual fixture in the AVFC diary.

Ugh is all i can say as i look towards the weekend. Am i correct in saying the last time Villa won this fixture they were reigning champions of Europe?.

Fingers crossed anyway hopefully Bouma makes an appearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Dear Aston Villa FC,

I know over the last few months i have had numerous bad things to say about your football club & your manager in particular.

At times I have been a cause of severe annoyance to many of your loyal fans in this very thread, BUT if you can win at Old Trafford tomorrow, i promise never be annoy anyone in here again.EVER.

Kind regards,

Mr Alan

*note:may not actually be a promise, depends on whether or not we attempt a little raid of Villa in the summer again or not!;)

From SSN

Aston Villa star Gareth Barry has admitted he will seek talks with manager Martin O'Neill if the club fail to secure a top-four finish.

After an impressive first half of the season, Villa have struggled of late and have failed to win any of their last five Premier League outings.

Meanwhile, Arsenal, Villa's rivals for a UEFA Champions League berth, have improved and currently hold a six-point advantage over the Midlanders.

Barry was strongly linked with a move to Liverpool last summer, and it is reported that speculation over his future could reignite at the end of the campaign.

The England international said: "We have got the players in the dressing room. With the games we've got left, we have got a more than good enough squad to take us up the league.

"My aim is for us to finish in the top four and play Champions League football at Villa Park. It's a big ask but it's more than achievable.

"If it doesn't happen, at the end of the season I'll speak with the manager about my future."

Can't ask for much more than that really... Good attitude. 'Like the "We ... us" bits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I'm really not looking forward to this game, any team news, Bouma or Laursen on the bench even?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Dear Aston Villa FC,

I know over the last few months i have had numerous bad things to say about your football club & your manager in particular.

At times I have been a cause of severe annoyance to many of your loyal fans in this very thread, BUT if you can win at Old Trafford tomorrow, i promise never be annoy anyone in here again.EVER.

Kind regards,

Mr Alan

*note:may not actually be a promise, depends on whether or not we attempt a little raid of Villa in the summer again or not!;)

As a Villa fan, you are one of many reasons that I hope Man Utd win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

The beauty of football is that it's unpredictable -

Man U go top if they win
    Villa haven't beaten them since 1996
    Old Trafford a fortress
    Villa out of form

all points to a 2 1 away win for me.

From SSN

Aston Villa star Gareth Barry has admitted he will seek talks with manager Martin O'Neill if the club fail to secure a top-four finish.

..."If it doesn't happen, at the end of the season I'll speak with the manager about my future."[/I]

Pfft, he's behind Stan Petrov in the queue to talk to the manager. We all know at this stage GBs ambitions.

Villain, Bouma & Laursen both suffered setbacks in their training. Neither will be in squad today.

As a Villa fan, you are one of many reasons that I hope Man Utd win the league.

Thats ok, sure i hope Arsenal get 4th too so its no biggy x

Arsenal look a good bet for 4th alright.

I've no idea what to expect today tbh, so not gonna waste my breath giving a prediction.

impossible to know which team is gonna turn for Utd & Villa with the form they've been in lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Villain wrote: »
    I'm really not looking forward to this game, any team news, Bouma or Laursen on the bench even?

Bouma should be at least on the bench, Laursen, well, we'll be lucky if he ever wears a villa shirt again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Im sick of constantly hearing about GB and will he or wont he leave, it's not like he's been our best player this season even. Good riddance if he goes, the club will move on.

Esse85 wrote: »
    Im sick of constantly hearing about GB and will he or wont he leave, it's not like he's been our best player this season even. Good riddance if he goes, the club will move on.
    While that might be true, what can't be ignored is the knock-on effect of Barry leaving because we could not secure CL football and the message that sends out.

We had it, we blew it.

• Advertisement

Savman wrote: »

We had it, we blew it.

Yep, We choked. It seems that as soon as MON started talking seriously about the CL it all went to pot.

Its not over yet for 4th, but academic at this stage if Villa lose today imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement