Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinsale Fishing Club

Options
  • 14-07-2008 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of setting up a club / get together in the Kinsale Region, open to anyone from 16 and up, would be fishing every second weekend, just checking would anyone be interested before I set it up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pratheesh

Hi,
    Just came across this thread. I'll be very interested. I live near the airport though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Popanddrop

Great that dosent matter, competitions will be held at various locations anyway so I suppose everyone will have to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Yeah I may well be interested in dropping out to this also. I also live in Cork city but Kinsale isn't too far away!

fantastic thats two from boards so far, myself and I have one other person also.
    Keep em coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pratheesh

Would be good if we include this info in other relevant threads so that more people come to know about your idea. The club will be great for beginners like me to learn from others.

• Advertisement

By all means, I will get onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dannny

I would definately be interested in this. I live in the area. Sounds good.

Thanks Danny.
    Could everyone who is interested please forward me on their details.
    Name:
    This way I can have a definet list and can start sending out info.
    thanks in advance.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Popanddrop wrote: »
    I am thinking of setting up a club / get together in the Kinsale Region, open to anyone from 16 and up, would be fishing every second weekend, just checking would anyone be interested before I set it up?

Hey Popanddrop,

Are we talking beach, pier, sea fishing ??

I'd be inteersted too - Cork City based

Andi

Andip wrote: »
    Hey Popanddrop,

Are we talking beach, pier, sea fishing ??

I'd be inteersted too - Cork City based

Andi
    Ya beach, pier, rock, estuarie, it will be mixed up and the venue will depend on the weather conditions of coarse so a backup location will be choosen for each match.
    Even 2-3 times a year we will organise a boat trip for a small competition on a local charter.
    PM me your details.

• Advertisement

must it be a 'competition' each time? just seems like it may be a bit too much pressure straight away for some who will be coming along to learn the basics rather than getting involved competitively..

Well I was thinking of taking sometime out myself and giving a bit of a learning lesson on the basics of fishing and taking people fishing to some of my favourite spots. But it will have to be on seperate times then competitions.
    Basically compettions will be held once on a sunday every 2-3 weeks.
    I can give people lessons on some saturdays for partys(4 people) or singles. I am looking for weekend work when I return to Ireland because I am a student. So I might be charging a small amount, bare in mind that this will be a full day trip out and I will go through Rigs, Baits, Knots, Proper Gear setup, Where to find fish, how to fish for them.

Competition fees will be 10-15 euro and membership is free because I understand that not everyone will be able to make it to some competitions due to previous arrangments etc. Prizes will be made up of the money collected my competing anglers.

The competitions will be based on points per fish and then for weight, these are catch and release events but you may keep a few to eat yourself. The competition will be held in a certain area and will change the next the next time around.

Thanks for clarification. I like the idea of the lessons on Saturday and competitions on Sunday, I would definitely be interested in taking a lesson or two first, even though I have a decent understanding of shore fishing I'm sure there is still a lot to learn.

jArgHA wrote: »
    Thanks for clarification. I like the idea of the lessons on Saturday and competitions on Sunday, I would definitely be interested in taking a lesson or two first, even though I have a decent understanding of shore fishing I'm sure there is still a lot to learn.
    Well thats great to hear pm me your details and I can arrange a date, I wont be back in Ireland until the end of August however so the soonest date will be the first weekend in september and the first competition will be the second week in september.

Advertisement