Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cracks in plastic oil tank

Options
  • 14-07-2008 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

replaced my rectangular steel oil tank about 7-8 years ago,with new [plastic] oil tank,last week out in the garden and noticed small cracks 2 inches long horizental appeared in 3 places,so contacted my insurance comp for help, advice,told that tank was weeping and needed to be replaced before 1000 lts of oil poured in to garden,thinking it would save them money but they were not interested,told me when it burst they would cover the clean up,wtf,,what do i pay insurance for i ask myself i am waiting for a firm i contacted to give me a price to drain and replace the tank anything i can do in the mean time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Ya i would be looking into the gurantee into the tank!! If stil under gurantee I would then be getting onto the company that manufactured it and look for a replacement tank...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

spatchco wrote: »
    replaced my rectangular steel oil tank about 7-8 years ago,with new [plastic] oil tank,last week out in the garden and noticed small cracks 2 inches long horizental appeared in 3 places,so contacted my insurance comp for help, advice,told that tank was weeping and needed to be replaced before 1000 lts of oil poured in to garden,thinking it would save them money but they were not interested,told me when it burst they would cover the clean up,wtf,,what do i pay insurance for i ask myself i am waiting for a firm i contacted to give me a price to drain and replace the tank anything i can do in the mean time.

I have seen cracks in plastic tanks - but that would seem a bit soon.
    I hope you have the bottom of the tank completely supported - the original 2 wall supports of a steel tank are not enough, and no manufacturer will cover it - or an insurance company :eek:
    Also if it was made by the crowd down in Bl*******on (not mentioning any names), I wouldn't hold out any hope of replacement.
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

thanks for the replys.no i dont hold out much hope of a replacement ,dont have any receips,and yes it is standing on 2 lintels,well supported ,oh well am still waiting for a certin company to contact me ,rang them twice

Advertisement