Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union dividend/interest question

Options
  • 14-07-2008 7:52pm

I had 20K in my local credit union until June at which point I put it in an eSavings account.

What I want to know is will I get interest at the end of the year for the months of January to June? I tried my local branch but they couldn't give me a straight answer. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭romah

Dividend will be posted to your account next November/December...you have a bit of a wait !!

Credit Union year runs from 1st October to 30th September..and interest is normally added on each year in the following November / December..it actually depends on when your Credit Union Annual General Meeting is held. Dividend % requires approval each year at this meeting.

Nice surprise just before Christmas......oh no i just mentioned Christmas in July :D

Advertisement